Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

We refer to them as "farrier gods." There is no more important person in a horsewoman's life. LOL. My farrier and I are on totally opposite ends of the political/religious spectrum but I bite my tongue and defer to him in all things (even his worship of airheaded bimbos who run for high political office ;-). You NEVER want to alienate your farrier...

Your sister's sounds like a prize.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #257  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
This sounds like me! Only the last time, it REALLY got out of control and I was too depressed to realize that I could ever get myself out of it. But when I got hauled off in an ambulance on more than one occasion last year, and struggled to slog my hulk of a body through sleet and freezing rain during my last half marathon, I knew it had to change.

So my bottom line is that if I can turn it around, anyone can. You just have to do it right... truly. It's so simple. If you are mentally ready to get there, you can. If not, it's likely going to be like any other diet... with the same unfortunate result. For me (and my sis) that's not gonna happen. And it doesn't have to happen to you.
I really am encouraged to hear from all of you that have successfully moved to phase 3 and 4. As I have moved closer to my time of stabilization and maintenance, I have been getting anxious to stop the safety of phase 1, which I know I can do. It helps to know that this time doesn't have to be like the past times. That this time I will have the tools to maintain and be able to keep the weight off. I am very committed, like all of you, to have this be the LAST diet plan and a new lifestyle!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #258  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
I really am encouraged to hear from all of you that have successfully moved to phase 3 and 4. As I have moved closer to my time of stabilization and maintenance, I have been getting anxious to stop the safety of phase 1, which I know I can do. It helps to know that this time doesn't have to be like the past times. That this time I will have the tools to maintain and be able to keep the weight off. I am very committed, like all of you, to have this be the LAST diet plan and a new lifestyle!
I second that motion, this will also be MY LAST DIET !!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #259  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
But you'll always look smokin' hot!!

Hey, and speaking of which, where are those before and after shots you promised?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Quote:
I am very committed, like all of you, to have this be the LAST diet plan and a new lifestyle!

Me to!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Me to!
my first and last...

o.k I tried southbeach for 2 weeks so I'll make it my 2nd and last.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #262  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
But you'll always look smokin' hot!!

Hey, and speaking of which, where are those before and after shots you promised?
Thanks Novak , I am working on the pics, I havent had any time lately and to be honest I been pretty poopy in the pants (not literally) I think I maybe going thru early mentalpause already and I want to have another baby, I have had girlie troubles all my life so it really doesnt surprise me just kinda makes me sad is all. Its all good, everything happens for a reason, what will be will be, it is what it is...... I cant think of any other corny lines right now I have the perfect before picture its what started my journey.... a rear shot of big butt, at the time I saw the picture and asked my husband who was that he was like ummmm its you.... and then
Old 07-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #263  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Thanks Novak , I am working on the pics, I havent had any time lately and to be honest I been pretty poopy in the pants (not literally) I think I maybe going thru early mentalpause already and I want to have another baby, I have had girlie troubles all my life so it really doesnt surprise me just kinda makes me sad is all. Its all good, everything happens for a reason, what will be will be, it is what it is...... I cant think of any other corny lines right now I have the perfect before picture its what started my journey.... a rear shot of big butt, at the time I saw the picture and asked my husband who was that he was like ummmm its you.... and then
Sorry, buddy... Makes me sad for you, too.

Well, if you get around to posting your big butt shot, I'm sure we'll all enjoy it. Just make sure you post the teeny butt shot right beside it!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #264  

My losses have been in the 1-2# range lately with a few closer to 3# a week. Last night my coach suggested I go to phase 2 for two weeks, then back to phase 1. I still want to lose at least 20#. She said that this usually stepped up the losses again in phase 1. She said that after several weeks, sometimes your body got used to the plan too much and needed a shakeup to get losing better. So... here I go into phase 2. What do you girls think?

Also, I had my yearly checkup yesterday. My BP is great and all my levels look very good. No more meds! Yeah! My internist is very positive about this plan and has several patients who have been successful on it.

Last edited by yinyang; 07-28-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #265  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
My losses have been in the 1-2# range lately with a few closer to 3# a week. Last night my coach suggested I go to phase 2 for two weeks, then back to phase 1. I still want to lose at least 20#. She said that this usually stepped up the losses again in phase 1. She said that after several weeks, sometimes your body got used to the plan too much and needed a shakeup to get losing better. So... here I go into phase 2. What do you girls think?

Also, I had my yearly checkup yesterday. My BP is great and all my levels look very good. No more meds! Yeah! My internist is very positive about this plan and has several patients who have been successful on it.
Bravo on the health results!! That is terrific.

I never tried the ol' switcheroo you describe, but I don't see why you shouldn't give it a try and report back. I seem to recall Jordanna recommending such "shake-ups" for folks who are stalled. Just be sure to let us know if it works.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Sounds like a good plan.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #267  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:

I have heard this before also- carb cycling or calorie cycling I think someone called it, I had relatively small losses everyweek until... I increased my oil and my salads, also started measuring again... I was eyeballing things . Then it seemed to melt away ...
Old 07-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #268  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Bump-it bump-it bump-it
Phasing off - Just want to say that it is really important to phase off correctly especially phase 3 to get maximum benefits and results from the program, I learned the hard way had to redo a few steps.... so unlike me listen to Yoda and do as she says .... LOL. Bringing back breakky baby!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Bump-it bump-it bump-it
Phasing off - Just want to say that it is really important to phase off correctly especially phase 3 to get maximum benefits and results from the program, I learned the hard way had to redo a few steps.... so unlike me listen to Yoda and do as she says .... LOL. Bringing back breakky baby!!!!
what were the consequences of you not doing it correctly? I have been in phase 3 since past saturday and I am actually loosing weight. I have had one slip though, so it would be really great to know your experience IF you did have a slip up during phase 3. Granted I am walked more than 10 miles since saturday, done pilates a few times and trained at the gym. I have to say that on sunday I think my scale showed 125ish and yesterday at the gym it was 128 but still lower than before phase 3 (I was 129ish). I am thinking it might be the glycogen reserve build up which would actually be welcomed as it has to happen anyways so better now than later.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #270  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
what were the consequences of you not doing it correctly? I have been in phase 3 since past saturday and I am actually loosing weight. I have had one slip though, so it would be really great to know your experience IF you did have a slip up during phase 3. Granted I am walked more than 10 miles since saturday, done pilates a few times and trained at the gym. I have to say that on sunday I think my scale showed 125ish and yesterday at the gym it was 128 but still lower than before phase 3 (I was 129ish). I am thinking it might be the glycogen reserve build up which would actually be welcomed as it has to happen anyways so better now than later.
I think it was day4 of phase 3, started with chocolate on a sat night didnt end till sunday with a massive waffle cone and the in between wasnt any better. I think I was up about 6 pounds monday morning (normal after the consumption of that much crap, it was ugly!!!!!) then I went to phase 1 but it took me a week to get rid of that 6 not the one day thing of phase1, I think I put my body into carb shock & overload after being so good for so long then BAM. Anyway... so week of phase 1, back to where I was before my camping trip, week of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3 with no cheating should put me to where I need to be, ya ..... I am fundamentally lazy when it comes to working out and I have only just started exercing in the last couple weeks but that probably would have helped me. Or really just stuck out phase 3 for another 10 days..... would have been the best solution

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-29-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Closed Thread