Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #226  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Hey Yoda and wannabe, I'm kinda brainy sometimes too (yeah just sometimes ) And I'm doing a lot of research about this pancreas resetting and all. I'm seaching but I cannot find some scientifical references ! In all your research, do you have some paperwork on it ? I would be interrested to read it
Sorry ... I talked to my coach about it, but I will ask if they have any paperwork on it and then figure out how to post it on here
Old 07-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hey Yoda and wannabe, I'm kinda brainy sometimes too (yeah just sometimes ) And I'm doing a lot of research about this pancreas resetting and all. I'm seaching but I cannot find some scientifical references ! In all your research, do you have some paperwork on it ? I would be interrested to read it
Dont think there is any published work. Go to pubmed and do a search. On iPhone now so hard for me to do. I know that when my dic spoke to his endocrinologist buddy, she had said she never heard of it. But you know, whatever you want to call it (call it blah) I think it might just be true that our bodies start responding to carbs differently.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #228  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Dont think there is any published work. Go to pubmed and do a search. On iPhone now so hard for me to do. I know that when my dic spoke to his endocrinologist buddy, she had said she never heard of it. But you know, whatever you want to call it (call it blah) I think it might just be true that our bodies start responding to carbs differently.
Oh wow ! Thanks for this pubmed thing, I didn't know about this ressource. I've used google scholar, google and some other medecine site, but not this one !

Thank you, I'll look in this
Old 07-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #229  

Quote:
Oh wow ! Thanks for this pubmed thing, I didn't know about this ressource. I've used google scholar, google and some other medecine site, but not this one !

Thank you, I'll look in this
anything and everything ever published If of a scientific nature. You are welcome.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE MY SATURDAY'S BREAKFAST NOW!!!

-no fat greek yogurt
-muesli
-blueberries & raspberries
-low carb toast (found one at all natural 15 gram of carb, 4 fiber, 1 sugar)
-peanut butter

think I had mentioned all of these before BUT I want a raspberry NOW.

going to clean up my bedroom instead and head for a walk instead. Tomorrow can not come soon enough.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #230  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
anything and everything ever published If of a scientific nature. You are welcome.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE MY SATURDAY'S BREAKFAST NOW!!!

-no fat greek yogurt
-muesli
-blueberries & raspberries
-low carb toast (found one at all natural 15 gram of carb, 4 fiber, 1 sugar)
-peanut butter

think I had mentioned all of these before BUT I want a raspberry NOW.

going to clean up my bedroom instead and head for a walk instead. Tomorrow can not come soon enough.
Pitakiten- I think IP was made for me as my fav fav fav meal of the day is breakfast always has been, it is so yummy, I tried some of the WW breads they were not too bad for carbs, I also made the flax bread and then I found some whole wheat waffle mix coyote brand, very filling and you can have 2 of them or 3 smaller pancakes..... I LOVE PHASE 333, ok soorry maybe I should post this tomorrow morning.. good job on getting to phase 3 Oh yea, fibre one cereal is really good on yogurt and berries.... ok really I am not hungry

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-23-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #231  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Pitakiten- I think IP was made for me as my fav fav fav meal of the day is breakfast always has been, it is so yummy, I tried some of the WW breads they were not too bad for carbs, I also made the flax bread and then I found some whole wheat waffle mix coyote brand, very filling and you can have 2 of them or 3 smaller pancakes..... I LOVE PHASE 333, ok soorry maybe I should post this tomorrow morning.. good job on getting to phase 3 Oh yea, fibre one cereal is really good on yogurt and berries.... ok really I am not hungry
that is too funny because I NEVER had breakfast before, maybe a banana if I was being good. I am just really excited about the fruit
Old 07-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #232  

had my breakfast, it was good and filling. Here is a thing though, the muesli had raisins in it. It is the real muesli, no sugar added etc and the nutritional facts matched what was on the sheets. I was just a little surprised is all.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-24-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #233  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Bonus.... did you think how am I gonna be able to eat all this? It seems overwhelming at first but then I was like oh ya, I can do this for the rest of my life no probs.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #234  

Quote:
Bonus.... did you think how am I gonna be able to eat all this? It seems overwhelming at first but then I was like oh ya, I can do this for the rest of my life no probs.
too funny you are so right! at first I looked at the bowl and I was like no way, I inhaled the whole thing in 5 mins or less and moved to toast rather quickly.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #235  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
I found some whole wheat waffle mix coyote brand, very filling and you can have 2 of them or 3 smaller pancakes...
BTW, the Quaker Oats pancake mix was also very good, though I made them too thick the first time. Second time was a charm... wonderful with lots of blueberries. Hmmm. I think that's what I'll have this morning when I get back from the gym.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
BTW, the Quaker Oats pancake mix was also very good, though I made them too thick the first time. Second time was a charm... wonderful with lots of blueberries. Hmmm. I think that's what I'll have this morning when I get back from the gym.
I have always envied people that can get a work out in first thing in the morning, no way I can do that. My body never is as strong in the morning as afternoon. So do you actually get a work out in and then have breakfast?

btw I LOVE the low fat yogurt part of my breakfast; I have missed yogurt so much. Today I had the whole deal but added raspberries instead of blueberries, tomorrow I am going to add apricots, I bought ONLY 2 for this purpose only
Old 07-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #237  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
I have always envied people that can get a work out in first thing in the morning, no way I can do that. My body never is as strong in the morning as afternoon. So do you actually get a work out in and then have breakfast?

btw I LOVE the low fat yogurt part of my breakfast; I have missed yogurt so much. Today I had the whole deal but added raspberries instead of blueberries, tomorrow I am going to add apricots, I bought ONLY 2 for this purpose only
I'm a morning person... up by 4:00 AM, even on the weekends. Can't help myself. That's when the internal alarm clock goes off. When I did marathons, I always got the long training runs done in the morning before my body had a chance to figure out what I was doing.

Yeah, I'm really into the yogurt, too... been switching it up with raspberries and blueberries this week, too. Nice to have so much fruit in season. Missed all that during weight loss, but it's great to have it all back.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello all,

I needed some quick advice regarding phasing out. I'm going abroad for 3 weeks starting aug27 and also have a destination wedding to go to the weekend of aug14-15. I met with my IP coach yesterday and she insists that i transition to phase 3 asap.

she said it was ok to skip phase 2. is this all right?

She said phase 3 was more important, and as i've been a slow loser(avg 2.4 lbs a week) and was stalled these last 2 weeks...im finally seeing a 2lb decrease these last 2 days. any input?

I'm torn between wanting to stay on phase 1 and lose some more weight before my vacation and doing the right thing and making sure i keep the lost pounds off by doing a good 2.5 weeks atleast of phase 3 before aug 14-15.

i'm pretty sure i will have imited options and i know ill be bound to have a few drinks on the 14-15 weekend and partake some cake. im going to try, but i want to be prepared for the worst(and hence be in phase 4 by then).

background - I still have about 20lbs to lose till my goal weight and will be going back to phase 1 after my vacation.

If i were to get to phase 4 on aug14-15 and then switch back to phase 1 after that(as i need to do a no carb cleanse anyway) for a week and then phase 3 for a week before leaving, would that be all right.

I'm terrified of gaining the weight back...even a little.im trying to bve prepared for the 3-5 lb gain that is inevitable while moving through the phases. Any tips/advice is welcome!

thanks!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #239  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hello all,

I needed some quick advice regarding phasing out. I'm going abroad for 3 weeks starting aug27 and also have a destination wedding to go to the weekend of aug14-15. I met with my IP coach yesterday and she insists that i transition to phase 3 asap.

she said it was ok to skip phase 2. is this all right?

She said phase 3 was more important, and as i've been a slow loser(avg 2.4 lbs a week) and was stalled these last 2 weeks...im finally seeing a 2lb decrease these last 2 days. any input?

I'm torn between wanting to stay on phase 1 and lose some more weight before my vacation and doing the right thing and making sure i keep the lost pounds off by doing a good 2.5 weeks atleast of phase 3 before aug 14-15.

i'm pretty sure i will have imited options and i know ill be bound to have a few drinks on the 14-15 weekend and partake some cake. im going to try, but i want to be prepared for the worst(and hence be in phase 4 by then).

background - I still have about 20lbs to lose till my goal weight and will be going back to phase 1 after my vacation.

If i were to get to phase 4 on aug14-15 and then switch back to phase 1 after that(as i need to do a no carb cleanse anyway) for a week and then phase 3 for a week before leaving, would that be all right.

I'm terrified of gaining the weight back...even a little.im trying to bve prepared for the 3-5 lb gain that is inevitable while moving through the phases. Any tips/advice is welcome!

thanks!!
Your coach is right on. Skip Phase 2, hop to Phase 3 and do for at least 2 weeks. Then stay on maintenance until after your vacation. You may very well find that a good Phase 3 will help you recover quickly when you get back on Phase 1. Try to not go crazy while you are in maintenance, and you should do fine. It probably won't take you 3 days to get back into ketosis, and you may even find that the break gives you a kick start to lose the final 20 (plus anything you might have gained.)

That's my advice!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Dumb question re: the yogurt you can have in phase three -- does it have to be plain? I can't stand plain yogurt. I used to eat yopliat, the 100 calorie/no fat one...possible? I'm still pretty far away (30 pounds or so) but I saw it in the store today and got excited, and would love feedback.
Closed Thread