Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #151  

BTW, Talked to my friend who is a nutritionist for 20+ years and he likes IP but also says you can't really be on it for too long as your body gets used to eating like 500cals a day so the moment you start eating more it comes back on... says it shuts down your thyroid. I am adding also more protein as I get closer to the wedding for he says it is the only way to be some what stable when I eat then and the honeymoon and all[/I]
DEINEKATZE~Thanks for this info. It makes sense that the thyroid would be impacted. I think getting into Phase 2 relatively quickly is important so one is eating 2 "real food meals" a day.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #152  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Elizabeth...I think this is a question for you.
Can you explain the difference of eating after working out versus eating before? I have always had a small snack before and dinner afterwards but this week have eaten dinner about 45 minutes before. I think I read somewhere you said this is not a good idea as our blood goes to muscle instead of to our stomaches? Are there any other reasons this is not such a good idea? Thank you!!
Indeed the blood goes to your muscles when you work out and hence digestion stops BUT, if you give it about an hour you should be fine, I'd say eat light though.

After the work out it is very important that you DO eat, within the hour, healthy protein to help recoup the muscles. Working out tears don the muscles and you need the protein to re-build them.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #153  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

hey Mamaerinb: so glad to hear you say you are too embarrassed to tell your hubby, so am I. I even called ahead before we went in the first time to talk to the doctor and be sure my weigh in and measuring would be done privately! ugh!

re: the TOM issue a lot of people have raised...I'm not a doctor so don't take this as advice, but you may want to ask your doctor or naturopath about temporarily taking topical estrogen.

here's why:
Each month, as you hit about 5 days before your TOM, your progesterone level naturally drops off, and that drop is what triggers uterine lining shedding and voila: TOM.

Progesterone is needed to move excess estrogen out of your system, it basically "binds" to the estrogen and carries it off in urine. So, if your body is now freeing up excess estrogen because its burning fat, you are using up all your progesterone much faster and once it is depleted, your period begins.

I'm taking topical progesterone (for peri-menopausal symptoms and keeping me out of estrogen dominance--I needed to get my body to process more estrogen...I know TMI). It only took about a week before I felt the difference.

Its a cream and you apply a tiny dab and rub it in twice a day. My naturopath warned me to be sure I got real progesterone, not synthetic as lots of bad effects have come out of the synthetic. I use emerita brand (I think that is the spelling) and found it over the counter at walgreens. Warning: it's really true that you don't want to use more than prescribed by your doctor--it will make you feel like you have the flu if it all hits your body at once, especially if you are really low.

Anyway, as I said, ask your doctor. Especially because there may be the 1 in 100 chance that the irregular periods are something that should be checked in any case, just to eliminate anything serious!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:29 AM   #154  

ROCKY MONARCH--you state temporarily taking topical estrogen. but do you mean temporarily taking topical progesterone?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #155  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

CW....thanks for dropping by, but what on earth are you doing on a chat board????? You should be hanging on to him for dear life!!! LOL
Oh, I know, the kids had to have a turn. Have fun.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:03 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
How did people order from Ideal to Go? I typed in my info, but they haven't contacted me yet? I feel like I spend the bulk of my time figuring out how many packets/drinks I have left, where I'm going to get them from, ect. Geez, like a part time job!

Also, major leg cramping again last nite. I'm taking my vitamins, drinking water, using the sea salt. I wonder what the problem is?

And has anyone else had major dry skin, esp on the belly and the hands?

I filled out the form on idealtogo.com and they contacted me the same day, the CSR asked me if I had been to a clinic previously and explained that if I had ordered from a clinic I couldn't order online I don't know why but that's what he said and then he gave me a log-in and password. This was all through email, and then the next day 2 people called me; one to help log me in even though I already had and then a coach. Hope this helps
Old 05-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
am i the only one on here terrified to tell my hubby my actual weight? arghh!
Don't be scared he loves whether he knows the number or not...I told my boyfriend and it turns out I'm 19lbs heavier than him. It's not a good feeling but I have my first goal now...to weigh less than him
Old 05-06-2010, 02:56 AM   #158  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
ROCKY MONARCH--you state temporarily taking topical estrogen. but do you mean temporarily taking topical progesterone?
oops, SORRY, YES!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Naynai0428: They haven't contacted me yet, but I have noticed a large amount of spam in my email! Good luck on the diet!

ChimpChamp: I saw your thread on beginning Phase 2..I've been on Phase 1 for at least 7weeks now, and the scale refuses to budge. Maybe I should move onto Phase 2? I'm afraid it will open the floodgates, if you know what I mean!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #160  
getting back on track

seriously? hahahaha Got my period and up 2 lbs... MAN! I did drink about 120oz of water yesterday so... water retention much? LOL
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
How did people order from Ideal to Go? I typed in my info, but they haven't contacted me yet? I feel like I spend the bulk of my time figuring out how many packets/drinks I have left, where I'm going to get them from, ect. Geez, like a part time job!

Also, major leg cramping again last nite. I'm taking my vitamins, drinking water, using the sea salt. I wonder what the problem is?

And has anyone else had major dry skin, esp on the belly and the hands?
The IP paperwork I received says if you are cramping to take an extra potassium pill for about three days. I have done this twice since January 5, and it helps. The second time, I only took an extra half of a pill because the extra potassium caused diarrhea for me.

Are you also taking the 1000 mg of fish oil capsules, 2 at breakfast and 2 at dinner? This would help with your dry skin. Also be sure to take 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil or grapeseed oil daily.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #162  

i too have had my period now for 8 days, i'm have implanon and am not used to these constant periods, i have gained two pounds of water since starting and can't get rid of it for the life of me. the bloating is so uncomfortable. more or less water and more or less salt? which way do i go??
Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 240/215/160

Height: 5-9"

CW - Congrats!!! He will be staring at you for 2 weeks straight! Good thing he is home for all 2 weeks.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #164  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i too have had my period now for 8 days, i'm have implanon and am not used to these constant periods, i have gained two pounds of water since starting and can't get rid of it for the life of me. the bloating is so uncomfortable. more or less water and more or less salt? which way do i go??
it would be, more water and less salt... but Sea Salt is ok though...

I am working on getting rid of excess Estrogen as is... taking progesterone drops (no creams as they tend to collect on your skin and you can actually over do it) the last 2 weeks of my cycle. I was just late taking it this time so I can definitely tell UGH
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Week 8 Weigh in. Down 3.4 and now at 20.25 inches. They showed me my before picture and I almost cried. I'll never go back!!!
carla, after reading this last night i went to take pics of myself and looked back at my night before starting ip pics, WOW. took away any doubt in my mind about the scale lying. i would recommend to each and every one of you gals to also do pics every week along with weigh ins, it is SUPER MOTIVATING!
Closed Thread