Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #196  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Quick question for everyone. Are we really allowed to eat dill pickles? Like out of a jar? I would absoultely love it if I could eat pickles!!

Congrats on all the losses so far this week!

Frumpy: I will be praying for you!
Funny you should ask, my coach and I just talked about pickles last night! Watch the ingredients she said one of her clients was eating pickles and was not doing as well and they figured out that the brand she was eating had fruclose as an ingredient. I eat the Mt. Olive brand and they have a reduced sodium pickles and sugar free sweet pickles made with splenda that have less than 1g of carbs.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #197  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Ok everyone Our reunion was great ! My husband could not beleive how much weight I lost . HE kept saying your so skinny ! you look beautiful and so sexy.LOL . I jumped into his arms when I saw him . We are enjoying our two weeks togther before he leaves . He got to surprise all three kids . I got it all on video . It was an awesome day ! I keep catching my husband stairing at me and smiling . He keeps telling me how proud he is of me . I love him so much and Im so proud of him ! god has blessed me with such a wonderful husband .
that is so wonderful! I am so happy for you!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #198  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Quick question for everyone. Are we really allowed to eat dill pickles? Like out of a jar? I would absoultely love it if I could eat pickles!!

Congrats on all the losses so far this week!

Frumpy: I will be praying for you!
I eat two Clausen "half's" everyday, these are the lowest carb pickles I can find. I count them toward my veggies.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #199  

Height: 5'8"

thanks pita, i may buy a box and try a half a bar if i'm fiending for something-better than my daughter's b-day cake on the counter right? if my next weigh in is affected i'll cut them.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #200  

RE: PICKLES--probably best to stay away from those with High Fructose Corn Syrup added to the "brine" liquid. Costco sells a 2-jar cell-wrapped pack of Wiejske Wyroby Polish Style Petite Dill Pickles for $5.79. Each jar is 46 oz and they are small, crunchy, and very satifsying. They have NO HFCS and are delicious! It states that 3 pickles contains a sugar but that is the naturally occuring sugar in the pickling cucumber. I would imagine a lot of pickles, sweet relish, and maybe even Gherkins have sugar or worse, HFCS, added to them.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #201  

MAMAERINB:oh and do we stay under 40 total or net carbs per day? if net, how do i calculate? thanks!!
I'm curious, too, what the carb max is for IP folks. I know ATKINS has dieters at the Induction Phase at 20 or fewer carbs.

I have not told my hubby what my starting weight is and he doesn't want to really know. He's just glad that I've lost weight, I'm feeling better, and that I'm looking at a variety of cost saving alternatives. Even though I share some of my most intimate info with him, my high weight was one matter that he just shrugged his shoulders about and said, "I don't need to know."

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-06-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
RE: PICKLES--probably best to stay away from those with High Fructose Corn Syrup added to the "brine" liquid. Costco sells a 2-jar cell-wrapped pack of Wiejske Wyroby Polish Style Petite Dill Pickles for $5.79. Each jar is 46 oz and they are small, crunchy, and very satifsying. They have NO HFCS and are delicious! It states that 3 pickles contains a sugar but that is the naturally occuring sugar in the pickling cucumber. I would imagine a lot of pickles, sweet relish, and maybe even Gherkins have sugar or worse, HFCS, added to them.
I get mine from wholefoods, don't remember the name but it only has pickles, water and vinegar I think. speaking of which, I should bring a jar to work crave one badly.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Well tonite is my 3rd weigh in!!! the darn scales hasn't moved in 3 days, but i am excited to see what the measurement are. Last night i got into a size 14 dress pants my daughter gave me, didn't think they would fit yet, so just tried them on to see how many more inches i would need to loose and THEY FIT!!! HAPPY DANCE
Bye for now
Old 05-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
Well bad news peeps! i have to go off IP. i Have been diagnosed with cervical cancer so until i get a note from the doc i have to go off the diet see u all soon i hope
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear your news, I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Had my 10 week weigh in today. Down 2.2 pounds (35.4 total, averages out to 3.54 pounds a week) and 2.2 inches (34.75 total inches). My inches are probably a little more for the week but my coach said she is going to quit pulling the tape so tight so that all of the coaches are measuring the exact same way. Should see the loss next week then, hopefully.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

it is so encouraging to see all the continues losses. I think I have read about no loss situations a few times. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and I have a feeling that I will fall into the no loss category; better than gain I guess.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
anyone used the adkins snack bars instead of ip bars? they're similar in calorie and fat contents(little less protein) and contain ingredients in the ip bars...going to the grocery store in a bit after the kids wake up and am dying for something besides pudding and drinks.

oh and do we stay under 40 total or net carbs per day? if net, how do i calculate? thanks!!
I haven't tried the Atkins bars, but I was looking at some yesterday. The ones I saw had only 10 grams of protein so I would probably also have half of a whey protein isolate shake with that.

I have heard that we should stay under 30 net carbs and under 40 total carbs. You calculate by subtracting grams of fiber from the total carb grams. Some people also subtract sugar alcohols, but this can be self defeating since a lot of sugar alcohols raise your blood sugar levels.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #208  

BevS; Some people also subtract sugar alcohols, but this can be self defeating since a lot of sugar alcohols raise your blood sugar levels.

Yes, I've heard some folks "stall" in their weight loss when they eat the bars with glycerin and sugar alcohols. I think your suggestion to have half of a whey isolate shake is good.

Muscle Milk now makes a powdered shake product called PROTEIN PLUS--it has 26 grams of protein, and virtually no fats / carbs. It's whey and casein proteins--if you read the label you'll see the benefits of both. Anyway, it's very tasty when one scoop is mixed with about 6 oz of water. It contains some sodium and potassium (electrolytes) so you can trade it for some of the IP stuff if you do your math.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #209  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Muscle Milk now makes a powdered shake product called PROTEIN PLUS--it has 26 grams of protein, and virtually no fats / carbs. It's whey and casein proteins--if you read the label you'll see the benefits of both. Anyway, it's very tasty when one scoop is mixed with about 6 oz of water. It contains some sodium and potassium (electrolytes) so you can trade it for some of the IP stuff if you do your math.

I was told this today by my friend who is a nutritionist... we were talking about adding pure protein back in to my diet:
Hi Elizabeth. Zero Carb powder is better than the Zero Impact

both are products by VPX
Old 05-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Still on the pickle note...Bick's Dill Pickles Garlic should be fine, their ingredients are : Cucumbers, water, white vinegar, salt, dehydrated garlic, calcium chloride, seasonings, polysorbate 80, turmeric. 3 Calories per pickle, and 1g carb.
Are there lower carbs per pickles out there?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but "miracle noodles" can we have those? and since they are zero carb and zero calories etc. can I eat them with veggies in a stir fry? Oh please say yes I am dying to order some.

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-06-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Closed Thread