Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Hey pittakitten, I cheated to on the weekend. I was having a weekend in a hotel with my husband and did so well until I ate "just 1" onion ring and then inhaled the whole plate shortly thereafter. Then the next day, I went nuts and ate banana bread with chocolate chips, and bread. Oh I was so mad at myself. I
ended up gaining the whole 3 pounds that I had lost the week before. So I started up again the next day with IP. Now I'm scared to do the same thing this weekend b/c I have a girls weekend with all my girlfriends which is an annual trek to let our hair down, eat and drink until we get really silly. I've just packed a huge amount of veggies for the weekend, but I know that once I see all the wine, beer and nachos, i'M thinking...darn, here goes another 3 pounds.
kramer
Thanks a bunch Kramer! at least you were having fun while doing it. ME? I was upset that I haven't lost much this week and wouldn't you know it, dinner guest is coming tonight so I was cutting cheese etc and feeling sorry for myself and it seemed that food devil took over...I stuffed myself over the sink and then sat on the kitchen floor. So what did I do after??? I lit up a smoke and currently thinking about cracking a bottle of red open. Good thing as BF and guest are coming soon so I know I wont do that part. So I went from feeling bad over not loosing weight to sabotaging what I have lost; can't help but laugh at this point. How smart is that?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #227  

Hi, I can't believe there are 16 pages of comments and I haven't had a chance all week to read any of them. It's been a whirlwind week - we bought a new house and have to get our current house together to sell it... stress, stress, stress.
I've been eating pretty well, but I don't have enough time to eat a salad 2 times a day (sounds stupid, I know) - are there serious consequences of missing a salad every day?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #228  

Height: 5'8"

pita
don't be so hard on yourself. just get back up(off that floor too!) and start again. you CAN do this and FINISH this!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #229  

pookeesalad is just a filler and a kind of "free food" this gives you some fiber. if you get stopped up, definitely try to get it in though congrats on the house!

oh and a nsv for me...my 9/10 jeans are getting baggy!! hoping to buy some 7/8s next week!! yipeee

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-06-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
pita
don't be so hard on yourself. just get back up(off that floor too!) and start again. you CAN do this and FINISH this!
thanks! my weigh in is tomorrow I love it. now I really have no idea if I lost or not. one thing though, it really caused a turmoil in my digestive area; as though my body is cursing me.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #231  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
thanks! my weigh in is tomorrow I love it. now I really have no idea if I lost or not. one thing though, it really caused a turmoil in my digestive area; as though my body is cursing me.
i bet you still have a great loss! it may just take a day or so to get your body back in ketosis, thus next week's may be 4.3 lbs lost instead of 4.5, don't beat yourself up. you're doing great
Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #232  

Quote:
i bet you still have a great loss! it may just take a day or so to get your body back in ketosis, thus next week's may be 4.3 lbs lost instead of 4.5, don't beat yourself up. you're doing great
you are too sweet.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #233  

mamaerinb - congrats on the new size down!! Must feel fabulous to fit into single-digit-sized clothes
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #234  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Elizabeth:Zero Carb powder is better than the Zero Impact
Does this mean it's better TASTING or better NUTRITIONALLY?

Also, we are clearly referring to 2 very different products in the Muscle Milk line. The powdered protein I got at Costco is called Muscle Milk PROTEIN + and it's available in chocolate or vanilla. The nutritional analysis on the PROTEIN PLUS looks completely different than the Muscle Milk label you posted. Here is the info for the product I bought which is MM's PROTEIN PLUS
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (34 g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 135mg 6%
Potassium 100mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 26g 52%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 13.8% Carbs 9.2%
Protein 80.0%
He meant nutritionally

I was comparing both powder products to be fair... Zero Carb also has bars, but my assessment was in regards to the shakes themselves
Old 05-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Hi, I have just started the program and am very happy to find this blog! I have got so much great info from all of you !
Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
Hi, I have just started the program and am very happy to find this blog! I have got so much great info from all of you !
Welcome! I love your avatar, a pug and a mastiff, I am guessing these are your babies? I love mastiffs!! I am actually going to pick up my new baby this Sunday, a baby girl neo mastiff...can't wait!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #237  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
Ok... I've combed the 2 recipe threads and can't find 2 recipes mentioned in the weekly threads. One is for the 'turnip fries" and the other is for "zuccini chips". Anyone know?
When you've got an abundance of zucchini in your garden and you're looking for new zucchini recipes to try, pull this one out. It's a nice complement to chicken parmesan and Italian bread.
Baked Zucchini Chips

* 3 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch chips
* 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* Maldon sea salt or kosher salt and pepper to taste
OPTIONAL FOR PHASE 3 or 4 add * 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss zucchini slices with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on in a single layer on a jelly roll pan. Roast 7 minutes. Turn zucchini over. Roast another 7-8 minutes.

FOR PHASE 3 or 4 toss with goat cheese and serve immediately.

Serves 6.

Read more at Suite101: Baked Zucchini Chips: A great alternative to fried zucchini. http://low-carb-cooking.suite101.com...#ixzz0nEfQSfkW

Crispy Turnip Fries
8 med. turnips
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground paprika

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Pare and cut turnips into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks.
In gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Add turnips; seal bag, squeezing out air; toss to coat turnips. Place turnips on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until turnips are tender and golden. Makes 8 servings.

Quote:
just something i stumbled across on reading the nutritional info on the bars. some contain pure sugar. aren't we not supposed to have that??
We aren't supposed to in phase 1 or 2 unless your coach has offered you the restricted foods like the IP bars, pancakes/crepes, cereal, etc. These do use real sugars, mostly from agave and brown rice syrup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Hi, I can't believe there are 16 pages of comments and I haven't had a chance all week to read any of them. It's been a whirlwind week - we bought a new house and have to get our current house together to sell it... stress, stress, stress.
I've been eating pretty well, but I don't have enough time to eat a salad 2 times a day (sounds stupid, I know) - are there serious consequences of missing a salad every day?
Congrats on the new house! I can understand being so busy with that going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
Welcome!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-07-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 241/217/160

Height: 5'6

Has anyone had a problem with extreme abdominal pains and bloating? Feels like someone is pumping my abdoman up with air and it has no where to go.
I was in the ER it was so bad but after sitting there for almost 3 hours and having pain for 8 hours I had to leave. I think maybe it was something I ate... the last thing I had was the chocolate banana bar. Although I have eaten that in the past. Just wondering!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning to All!! Weigh In #3 was great!! Down 5.6lbs and another 2 inches gone!!!! Yahoo, love this plan
Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning all!!

1st WI this morning...down 10.8 lbs and 9.5 in.!!!
I love how well this works! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

one for every 5 lbs lost.
Closed Thread