Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #211  

Hi Elizabeth. Zero Carb powder is better than the Zero Impact

Can you please clarify your point b/c I'm not familiar with products called ZERO CARB and ZERO IMPACT or are they not names of products? So what's your take, then, on the Muscle Milk Protein Plus product? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #212  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Hi Elizabeth. Zero Carb powder is better than the Zero Impact

Can you please clarify your point b/c I'm not familiar with products called ZERO CARB and ZERO IMPACT or are they not names of products? So what's your take, then, on the Muscle Milk Protein Plus product? Thanks.
here is the info on Zero Carb protein powder
THE POWER OF ZEROTEIN™
# 100% Whey Protein Isolate
# Microfraction Selection Technology
# Great Tasting Flavor

Zero Carbohydrates
Zero Sugar
Zero Fat
Zero Aspartame or Acesulfame K
Zero Corn Syrup Solids or Hydrogenated Oils
Zero Fat-Promoting High Glycemic Index Maltodextrins
Zero Caseinate, Ion Exchange or Other Old-School Proteins
Zero Estrogen Promoting Inferior Soy Protein
Zero Lactose - Generally Safe for Most People with Milk Allergies

ZERO CARB® PROTEIN: Because protein is the single most important performance, appearance and muscle enhancing substance, a significant amount of research went into isolating a protein superior to those already available. Pushing the envelope of technology, VPX engineered a protein derived from Cross-Flow Quadrafiltration (CFQ) called ZEROTEIN - the highest biological value, fat and carbohydrate-free, pure whey protein isolate. This unique manufacturing process (CFQ) yields increased protein microfractions and Di, Tri and Quadrapeptide Isolates.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 36
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 80
Total Fat 0 0%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 20 mg 1%
Potassium 80 mg 14%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 0 g 0%
Protein 20 g 40%
Vitamin A 3%
Vitamin B1 25%
Vitamin B2 25%
Vitamin B6 25%
Vitamin B12 25%
Calcium 20%
Vitamin D 4%
Iron 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Other Ingredients: Cold-filtered cross-flow quadrafiltration whey protein isolate proprietary microfraction profile comprised of complete spectrum molecular weights for sustained protein absorption and increased nitrogen retention. cinnamon, natural and artificial flavors, pyridoxine hcl, sucralose, thiamine, riboflavin and cyanocobalamin
__________________________________________________ _______

Here is the nutritional info on Muscle Milk Protein Powder

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops
Servings per Container: 15
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 348
Calories from Fat 162
Total Fat 18 g 28%
Saturated Fat 8 g 40%
Cholesterol 3 mg 1%
Sodium 200 mg 8%
Potassium 595 mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 12 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 32 g 64%
Vitamin A 0 33%
Vitamin C 0 33%
Calcium 0 33%
Iron 0 33%
Vitamin D 0 33%
Vitamin E 0 33%
Thiamine 0 33%
Riboflavin 0 33%
Niacin 0 33%
Vitamin B6 0 33%
Biotin 0 33%
Pantothenic Acid 0 33%
Phosphorous 0 33%
Iodine 0 33%
Magnesium 0 33%
Zinc 0 33%
Copper 0 33%
Chromium 100 mcg 83%
Folic Acid 0 33%
Vitamin B12 0 33%
Other Ingredients: Ingredients: EvoPro, our custom protein, peptide and amino acid matrix designed to closely reflect the nitrogen components and ratios found in human mother's milk (Micellar Alpha and Beta Caseins and Caseinates, Whey Concentrates rich in Alpha-Lactalbumin, Whey Isolates, Whey Peptides, Purified Bovine Colostrum Extract rich in Secretory IgA and IGF-1, Glutamine Peptides, L-Taurine, Lactoferrin). Leanlipids Trans Fat Free Lipid complex selected for thermogenic and unique energy properties (Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil, Enzyme Engineered Polyunsaturated Long-Chain Vegetable Oils, MCTs, L-Cartinine), fructose maltodextrin, Cytovite I, Vitamin and mineral premix consisting of (vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol, d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, folate, thiamine monohydrate, riboflavin, niacinamide, pyridoxine HCL, cyanocobalamin, biotin, pantothenic acid, di-calcium phosphate, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, ferrous fumerate, magnesium oxide, copper gluconate, and zinc oxide), Creatine GCC, our proprietary, endogenous creatine precurser (glycocyamine, betaine anhydrous), natural and artificial flavors, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, chromium nicotinate.
__________________________________________________ ________

Based on that... probably better to get the Zero Protein powder
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Regarding the protein powder... Today I found an individual packet of Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein in my pantry that I think I bought when I was going to do Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Diet. I never tried it. It says they try to use rBGH-free whey (it's made from cows not treated with a synthetic growth hormone). It's sweetened with Stevia. Here is the run down:

Serving Size: 30g (one packet)
Calories: 110
Total Fat: 0g
Sat Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 150mg
Potassium: 390mg
Total Carbs: 1g
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 25g
Vit A: 0 IU
Vit C: 0 mg
Calcium: 30mg
Iron: 0mg

Ingredients: Cold-processed cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate, natural flavor, xanthan gum, lecithin, stevia.

Looks good to me. What do you guys think?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #214  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Regarding the protein powder... Today I found an individual packet of Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein in my pantry that I think I bought when I was going to do Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Diet. I never tried it. It says they try to use rBGH-free whey (it's made from cows not treated with a synthetic growth hormone). It's sweetened with Stevia. Here is the run down:

Ingredients: Cold-processed cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate, natural flavor, xanthan gum, lecithin, stevia.

I don't see a problem with it
Old 05-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #215  

Elizabeth:Zero Carb powder is better than the Zero Impact
Does this mean it's better TASTING or better NUTRITIONALLY?

Also, we are clearly referring to 2 very different products in the Muscle Milk line. The powdered protein I got at Costco is called Muscle Milk PROTEIN + and it's available in chocolate or vanilla. The nutritional analysis on the PROTEIN PLUS looks completely different than the Muscle Milk label you posted. Here is the info for the product I bought which is MM's PROTEIN PLUS
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (34 g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 135mg 6%
Potassium 100mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 26g 52%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 13.8% Carbs 9.2%
Protein 80.0%
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #216  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
Well bad news peeps! i have to go off IP. i Have been diagnosed with cervical cancer so until i get a note from the doc i have to go off the diet see u all soon i hope

I am truly sorry about your diagnosis. I can't say that I know what you are going through, but my Husband has colon cancer. He just had his 2nd operation and will be starting his 2nd Chemo soon.

I understand whey protein is really good to combat cancer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #217  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
it is so encouraging to see all the continues losses. I think I have read about no loss situations a few times. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and I have a feeling that I will fall into the no loss category; better than gain I guess.
You will do great, Pita! If nothing else, I have ALWAYS lost inches even on no pounds lost weeks. You'll be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Well tonite is my 3rd weigh in!!! the darn scales hasn't moved in 3 days, but i am excited to see what the measurement are. Last night i got into a size 14 dress pants my daughter gave me, didn't think they would fit yet, so just tried them on to see how many more inches i would need to loose and THEY FIT!!! HAPPY DANCE
Bye for now
Way to GO!! Excellent NSV news!

Quote:
Had my 10 week weigh in today. Down 2.2 pounds (35.4 total, averages out to 3.54 pounds a week) and 2.2 inches (34.75 total inches). My inches are probably a little more for the week but my coach said she is going to quit pulling the tape so tight so that all of the coaches are measuring the exact same way. Should see the loss next week then, hopefully.
It may take a little bit to catch up but, you will see it in your clothing. You are doing so well!! Averaging over 3.54 pounds per week is GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Quick question for everyone. Are we really allowed to eat dill pickles? Like out of a jar? I would absoultely love it if I could eat pickles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Still on the pickle note...Bick's Dill Pickles Garlic should be fine, their ingredients are : Cucumbers, water, white vinegar, salt, dehydrated garlic, calcium chloride, seasonings, polysorbate 80, turmeric. 3 Calories per pickle, and 1g carb.
Are there lower carbs per pickles out there?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but "miracle noodles" can we have those? and since they are zero carb and zero calories etc. can I eat them with veggies in a stir fry? Oh please say yes I am dying to order some.
Pickles!! Gotta love 'em! I didn't know about the splenda based sweet pickles so I will have to look for those! I use a brand I get from Sprouts or Whole Foods. They are called Bubbies. My coach recommended them. They are sugar free. Here is the nutritional link for several of there brands as found on Livestrong.com. http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...ubbie&x=37&y=7

I haven't done the Miracle noodles yet but want to. I know Jordanna and a few others have ordered them. I am told that we can consider them part of our veggies.

Quote:

I LOVE THIS PROTEIN POWDER!! It is my absolute favorite next to Pure Protein. The Jay Robb lines (whey or eggwhite) are both very clean, dissolve well, taste great, low carb, stevia sweetened, hormone free, fat free and a good serving of protein! AND, you can get them in the travel pack singles which is convenient.

I have also been looking for great vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free protein powders for my sister. This website offers some great things AND you can formulate your own, buy in small quantities at reasonable prices.

http://www.trueprotein.com/Default.aspx

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=22&pid=6816
the above seemed great and was very inexpensive per pound. I set this up with a peach flavor, stevia sweetner, did the vitamin/mineral/electrolyte add on and asked for it to ship in a food grade bag as I have a container to use. The cost was under $5.00 per pound!! Here is the nutritional info!

Serving Size 30 g ( 1 scoop)
Servings Per Pound: 15
Total Calories 110 Total Fat .3g Sodium 25mg Carbohydrates .03g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 25.6g

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Elizabeth:Zero Carb powder is better than the Zero Impact
Does this mean it's better TASTING or better NUTRITIONALLY?

Also, we are clearly referring to 2 very different products in the Muscle Milk line. The powdered protein I got at Costco is called Muscle Milk PROTEIN + and it's available in chocolate or vanilla. The nutritional analysis on the PROTEIN PLUS looks completely different than the Muscle Milk label you posted. Here is the info for the product I bought which is MM's PROTEIN PLUS
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (34 g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 135mg 6%
Potassium 100mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 26g 52%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 13.8% Carbs 9.2%
Protein 80.0%
I would read it to mean better nutritionally. Also, I still think the zero carb sounds better than the muscle milk protein plus. The MM's PROTEIN PLUS Has 2 g of fat which is similar to an IP pudding or ready made drink but there are sugars listed and carbs of 3. Again, definately a good fit as a substitute for an IP packet!! But, if you are adding an EXTRA that you only wanted to boost protein for I would skip this as an option.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE View Post
i have a question? is anyone using a different potassium / calcium supplment other than the ideal proten one?
I use Caltrate +D for calcium and Potassium Glutanate from any drugstore.

I think you and I have the same coach.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #219  

Ok... I've combed the 2 recipe threads and can't find 2 recipes mentioned in the weekly threads. One is for the 'turnip fries" and the other is for "zuccini chips". Anyone know?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #220  

Height: 5'8"

just something i stumbled across on reading the nutritional info on the bars. some contain pure sugar. aren't we not supposed to have that??

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
Well bad news peeps! i have to go off IP. i Have been diagnosed with cervical cancer so until i get a note from the doc i have to go off the diet see u all soon i hope
So sorry to hear this frumpy!! Remember, you don't have to be doing IP to get support from your chicky buddies, we are here for you. I hope all goes well and this is over with in no time.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Cheated. That's all am going to say about that. 3 cookies, 4 pieces of Gouda and 3 crackers. Shoot me, slap me...or I"ll do it myself. Serious head rush though

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-06-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #223  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Ok everyone Our reunion was great ! My husband could not beleive how much weight I lost . HE kept saying your so skinny ! you look beautiful and so sexy.LOL . I jumped into his arms when I saw him . We are enjoying our two weeks togther before he leaves . He got to surprise all three kids . I got it all on video . It was an awesome day ! I keep catching my husband stairing at me and smiling . He keeps telling me how proud he is of me . I love him so much and Im so proud of him ! god has blessed me with such a wonderful husband .
Wow sounds like a lifetime channel movie. Don't know if you have that channel where you live but it shows all those feel good movies. Enjoy your time together.

Last edited by sam0617; 05-06-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5"2

Hey pittakitten, I cheated to on the weekend. I was having a weekend in a hotel with my husband and did so well until I ate "just 1" onion ring and then inhaled the whole plate shortly thereafter. Then the next day, I went nuts and ate banana bread with chocolate chips, and bread. Oh I was so mad at myself. I
ended up gaining the whole 3 pounds that I had lost the week before. So I started up again the next day with IP. Now I'm scared to do the same thing this weekend b/c I have a girls weekend with all my girlfriends which is an annual trek to let our hair down, eat and drink until we get really silly. I've just packed a huge amount of veggies for the weekend, but I know that once I see all the wine, beer and nachos, i'M thinking...darn, here goes another 3 pounds.
kramer
Old 05-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I LOVE THIS PROTEIN POWDER!! It is my absolute favorite next to Pure Protein. The Jay Robb lines (whey or eggwhite) are both very clean, dissolve well, taste great, low carb, stevia sweetened, hormone free, fat free and a good serving of protein! AND, you can get them in the travel pack singles which is convenient.

the above seemed great and was very inexpensive per pound. I set this up with a peach flavor, stevia sweetner, did the vitamin/mineral/electrolyte add on and asked for it to ship in a food grade bag as I have a container to use. The cost was under $5.00 per pound!! Here is the nutritional info!

Serving Size 30 g ( 1 scoop)
Servings Per Pound: 15
Total Calories 110 Total Fat .3g Sodium 25mg Carbohydrates .03g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 25.6g
I might try my Jay Robb tomorrow. It sounds good! I like that it dissolves easily.
Peach? That sounds yummy I will have to check out that website tomorrow. Thanks for the info!
Closed Thread