Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

I'm starving. I don't get it. I've been doing IP for 12 days now and things have been great. Appetite has really diminished. But today! Oy vey! I've already had my crisis snack (pudding) and a bar. I guess I've cheated but I figured it was better to do so on IP food than other stuff. Is this normal to be so ravenous, out of the blue?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

ChimpChamp: Yes, those are exactly the drinks I got from Costco. I was looking for a larger pack of the EAS when I found these. Also, my MIL works for a diet doc so she gave me these packets..I think the name is Nutrimed? And Procal? Need to do some research on these. Anything to save a buck and lose weight!!

And yes, not discussing IP w anyone again! I'd rather lie and say I'm doing Atkins!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #18  

Here's the info on the PREMIER NUTRITION SHAKES at Costco
Premier Protein Shake Chocolate

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 shake (11 fl. oz.)
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
Sat. Fat 0g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Calories 160
Trans Fat 0g
Sugars 1g
Fat Cal. 30
Cholesterol 15mg
Protein 30g
Sodium 330mg

*Percentage Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Potassium 680mg
20%

Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 25% Iron 25%
Vitamin D 25% Vitamin E 25%
Vitamin K 25% Thiamin 25%
Riboflavin 25% Niacin 25%
Vitamin B6 25% Folate 25%
Vitamin B12 25% Biotin 25%
Pantothenic Acid 25% Phosphorus 25%
Iodine 25% Magnesium 25%
Zinc 25% Selenium 25%
Copper 25% Manganese 25%
Chromium 25% Molybdenum 25%

INGREDIENTS: Water, (PREMIER NUTRITION PROTEIN BLEND: Milk Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate) Safflower Oil, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Fructooligosaccharide, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Datem, Magnesium Phosphate, Sucralose, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Biotin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Potassium Iodide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Chromium Chloride, Copper Amino Acid, Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12), Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Manganese Sulfate. Allergy Information: Contains Milk.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-03-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #19  

Default Tom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
I'm starving. I don't get it. I've been doing IP for 12 days now and things have been great. Appetite has really diminished. But today! Oy vey! I've already had my crisis snack (pudding) and a bar. I guess I've cheated but I figured it was better to do so on IP food than other stuff. Is this normal to be so ravenous, out of the blue?
Where are you at with your monthly cycle? Could it be pms? That is how I get but you had much more self control than I seem to have. You made a good choice having the IP food instead of a candy bar or chips.
Great Job!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Hi everyone! I have a question. Has anyone else had a week where they have not lost a single lb, and they have truly not cheated? It is not my TOM, nor approaching and this week was a bust. It was like I had hit the ground running, and week 4 was a total standstill.

Thanks everyone! It is great to see the NSV and the lbs lost for all of you, it truly does help to keep motivated.

Chaplains!!!!!! I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight with are the excitement ahead. You have been incredible, and you deserve the most wonderful 2 weeks with your hubby I will be thinking of you with a huge smile on my face tmrw afternoon.......YAY!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #21  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hi everyone! I have a question. Has anyone else had a week where they have not lost a single lb, and they have truly not cheated? It is not my TOM, nor approaching and this week was a bust. It was like I had hit the ground running, and week 4 was a total standstill.

Thanks everyone! It is great to see the NSV and the lbs lost for all of you, it truly does help to keep motivated.

Chaplains!!!!!! I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight with are the excitement ahead. You have been incredible, and you deserve the most wonderful 2 weeks with your hubby I will be thinking of you with a huge smile on my face tmrw afternoon.......YAY!
I am sort of in the same predicament... I am in my second week on IP, doing Boot Camp with no restricted items whatever; I am following it precisely. The first week I lost 6lbs and now, since then I have lost 2 ounces, that is it. I am so bummed and I really shouldn't be hopping on the scale every two hours but I am desperate to see it move more than 2 oz! It isn't my TOM either and I am getting the sea salt in and all the water... I am hoping that its my scale but somehow I don't think so I hope the weight finally decides to budge... maybe we need additional snacks. Right now i'm just doing 3 IP packets and one meal but I have been told that you can up the packets to 4 and a meal...it scares me to eat that much ironically!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

CW- How exciting to get your hubby a day early!! I can't wait to hear his reaction to how hot you are looking, oh, and his reaction to the pics you had made for him...enjoy your time together!

I am down 2.8 for the week. That is good with me. Exactly 3 to go and will be even with my DH, can't wait!

Well, in other news. My mom is my gym partner. Today she had to meet with an ortho doc and was told she can no longer go with me. She has an extreme case of arthritis in both knees and needs total knee replacements in both of them, and supposedly going to the gym is only making things worse for her. The catch is she weighs too much for surgery so they want her to loose some. How is she going to loose without exercise?? So...I told her, why not join me and eat how I have been. She wants more info and is going to think about it. I told her if she decides to go for it, we would bring her dinner each night as she eats tv dinners now (she is not so good at cooking for 1 and my dad drives truck). I am praying she goes for it as I am so worried about her deteriorating health. She is about 5'1 and about 330, small boned and can hardly walk now. So...here's hoping and praying my gym buddy becomes my diet buddy!

Have a great week all!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Kellyrook, I get the same way right around my TOM. I see BlueMermaid already commented and just wanted to chime in. It's crazy hunger for a few days and then I'm totally fine again. The scale usually is very nice to me the week after TOM too, so it's something to look forward to. Nice work on not cheating! Keep it up!
Oh yeah, I had my weigh in today and gained 1.2 pounds after a week off IP, not even phase II or anything, just off. So, I was relieved it wasn't more and told my coach I'm back with the program. I know some of you have coaches that leave something to be desired, but my coach is fantastic. She is always encouraging and keeps me motivated. I guess I'm lucky.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

best dinner ever!! marinated skinless boneless chicken thighs in lemon juice/tarragon/garlic/salt/saffron over night. Grilled for 40 mins, served with baby bokchoy and chopped salad. Very yummy and sooo good. there is life after rice!!

here is hoping that my peroid stops as it has been going on for a while now AND that by friday I see the scale move downwards again.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-03-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=Calgarygirlie;3275638]Hi everyone! I have a question. Has anyone else had a week where they have not lost a single lb, and they have truly not cheated? It is not my TOM, nor approaching and this week was a bust. It was like I had hit the ground running, and week 4 was a total standstill.

that scares me thinking that initial weight loss was a fluke or just water and that is it. are you working out at all?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi- I have been doing Atkins for 7 weeks now and was just looking through the other low carb threads. Please forgive my ignorance, but what is IP? I see atother thread for "primal" but I don't know what that is either. Can someone please enlighten me?

Last edited by fatBgone07; 05-03-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #27  

IP= Ideal Protein
What is NSV?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #28  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
IP= Ideal Protein
What is NSV?
NSV=Non Scale Victory
Old 05-04-2010, 01:39 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone, I've been reading over all of your threads like a stalker the last few days and I'm glad to say I just ordered my IP stuff from Ideal to Go!!! I went to my sister's wedding a month ago, whom by the way has always been a size 0, I tried on dress after dress with my mom trying to stuff me in a size 20. I left the bridal store with no dress and fighting back tears. I also have a wonderful fiancee that is constantly getting frustrated that I have a hard time believing him when he says I'm beautiful. I realize that if I don't believe it myself I'm definitely not going to believe it from anyone else, I feel like I've lost who I was with all this weight I've gained. I'm ready to regain my confidence, I'm sick of looking at pictures and thinking, "Do I really look like that?" My bestie in Cali started IP a week ago and she is the one that told me about it and after reading all the success that you ladies have had....I CAN'T WAIT TO START!!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Naynai! Welcome!!! You will be so happy you have started this journey. This forum is fantastic for support, and tons of advice... Let us know when your "goodies" arrive! And by the way you ARE beautiful, now you are just about to become OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!
Closed Thread