3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #166

Thumbs up One month weigh in for me!

Hello everyone! I weighed in today and it wasn't so bad...even though TOM is here! I lost another 4 lbs!!! I was so excited...I love this program!
Congrats to everyone this week on making great food choices and sticking to your goals! It will be so worth it when we get to where we want to be...
My daughter is very much into sports and today we needed to go and buy her some new spandex shorts..while picking them out I thought to myself..."hmm maybe one day I can borrow these!" HAHA!! She laughed at me...but the point was that I am starting to feel like the possibility to be healthy and NOT overweight is in my future! (as is everyone else on here)
Thanks for all of the great advice! Have a great remainder of the week everyone!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #167

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the advice! I am seeking all the tricks for success. I weigh in Friday and I feel different for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I hate it as a yogurt. Somehow it is bitter. I do love it as a drink. Try mixing it with 8oz or more of water so it is thin like a yogurt smoothie. You can add a little extra splenda or vanilla or berry flavored sugar-free syrup too. I sometimes put mine in the blender with a few pieces of ice for a real smoothie texture.
Thanks for the advice! I am seeking all tricks for success. Weigh in Friday - first one!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Huge discussions with coach today. I guess it's frowned upon for us to go off plan for vacation. I'm not sure what I'm even going to do. It's my first cruise, and i know that I will want to partake. I'm sure it's a double edge sword.

For those of you that cheated, are you happy you cheated, or if you had it to do over would you not stray?

Same question for those who went on vacation, but did not give into temptation... do you wish now that you had?
Kelsey and YinYang,

I am probably going to get hung out to dry but here goes:

I also went to Vegas and went with full intention of being off plan. I ate and drank what I wanted for 5 days. I had been on IP for 6 weeks prior. The first day back on plan I retained a bunch of water. I took a water pill and weighed myself. I lost 7 lbs of fluid from 5 PM to 5 AM the next morning. That morning I weighed what I weighed the day I left for Vegas. I think you should eat sensibly and enjoy your vacations. We don't get to go on vacation every month. Even skinny people gain weight on vacation.

I have been back on plan for 7 weeks until last week. I have not had much energy and fighting an abscessed tooth. I went off plan for another 5 days. I am up 1 lb from my weight before my "mini break". We all have to make choices everyday about what we eat. I am inspired and amazed by those that can stay on plan with out any extras. I started back on plan Monday with a much better attitude and will try to get 20 more pounds lost. It is definitely getting more difficult to lose more than 2 pounds a week. However, I usually allow myself a restricted almost everyday and I am still losing. I am happy as long as the scale is moving down and will probably move to Phase 3 the end of May even if I have not lost 20 lbs. Summer is my fun time and I will not live and die by this diet. I will manage it to the best of my ability just like the rest of you. I think it is very easy to become obsessed with this plan. I am kind of discouraged that the IP coaches cannot advise for people to take breaks from this diet. It is better to take a small break and get back on plan than to give up on the diet. Please remember you may have to go through the carb withdrawals again when you return to the diet. Just my thoughts.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #169

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicyn View Post
Thanks for the advice! I am seeking all the tricks for success. I weigh in Friday and I feel different for sure!

Thanks for the advice! I am seeking all tricks for success. Weigh in Friday - first one!
You'll do great! When I first started I really couldn't stand the peach drink, now, it is very tasty! Things will change flavor for you several times as you take this journey!

Good luck at weigh in! I can't wait to see your numbers; week one usually gives some great results!

Carla

My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!

You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #170

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Kelsey and YinYang,

I am probably going to get hung out to dry but here goes:

I also went to Vegas and went with full intention of being off plan. I ate and drank what I wanted for 5 days. I had been on IP for 6 weeks prior. The first day back on plan I retained a bunch of water. I took a water pill and weighed myself. I lost 7 lbs of fluid from 5 PM to 5 AM the next morning. That morning I weighed what I weighed the day I left for Vegas. I think you should eat sensibly and enjoy your vacations. We don't get to go on vacation every month. Even skinny people gain weight on vacation.

I have been back on plan for 7 weeks until last week. I have not had much energy and fighting an abscessed tooth. I went off plan for another 5 days. I am up 1 lb from my weight before my "mini break". We all have to make choices everyday about what we eat. I am inspired and amazed by those that can stay on plan with out any extras. I started back on plan Monday with a much better attitude and will try to get 20 more pounds lost. It is definitely getting more difficult to lose more than 2 pounds a week. However, I usually allow myself a restricted almost everyday and I am still losing. I am happy as long as the scale is moving down and will probably move to Phase 3 the end of May even if I have not lost 20 lbs. Summer is my fun time and I will not live and die by this diet. I will manage it to the best of my ability just like the rest of you. I think it is very easy to become obsessed with this plan. I am kind of discouraged that the IP coaches cannot advise for people to take breaks from this diet. It is better to take a small break and get back on plan than to give up on the diet. Please remember you may have to go through the carb withdrawals again when you return to the diet. Just my thoughts.

HAHAHA... SO NOT!! I will not be one to hang you out for the advice! I find it interesting that we each can do the same action and respond so differently to it. I think it is great that Kelsey is seeking input and wants see if she can benefit from other experiences. That makes each of us a valid opinion but only she can decide what is right for her. Just like I won't hang out for your advice, I won't say a word if she decides the right thing for her is to thoroughly enjoy the vacation experience. And, I will CHEER big time when she weighs in and posts her loss after the vacation!

NOW, my interesting moment for the day!

My BF is very into cigars and we frequently go to a local cigar lounge he likes. I have been going with him for the past year so many of the guys have seen me around. In the past week 5 of the guys have come up to him and asked about me, wanted to know if we were married, dating, just friends. The other day when I was there one was hitting on me right in front of him!! He just takes it in stride. Anyway, today he texts me, "another guy is asking about you. You are getting quite a fan club!" I just laughed but it made me feel good to get noticed!

I posted another picture of me today as my avatar. This is what I looked like 7 weeks into the program. I had dropped almost 30 pounds from the other picture. I am having my sister send me pictures of me from my trip last week. I will post that when I get it!

Night ladies. I was up at 5am and we rented "the blind side" so, off to the movies and then to bed. I made some fresh rhubarb for desert with my vanilla pudding. Will let you know how it tastes.

Carla

My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!

You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...

Last edited by showgirlaz; 04-21-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: ADDED My days experience
Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #171

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
well i just completed week two and i lost another 3.5 lbs that is a total of 9.5lbs in 2 weeks. i guess that is ok considering it was TOM and i had a few cheats. my goal this week is no cheats and to eat very few restricted. you all seem to be doing very well and to the girls that are getting married well congratulations and i bet you will look and feel soo beautiful on your wedding dayz!
nite
Nice loss in 2 weeks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
weighed this morning, lost only two lbs. this week I was really hoping for 4 so that I could hit 40 but, there is always next week!
You are over half way to your goal...Wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Good Morning everyone! I have been trying to figure out for about a week now, how I'm going to start on IP. I have contacted my local clinic and told them that I'm not able to make it in during normal hours because of work and they were not willing to work with me at all. No Ideal to Go programs or anything. So if they aren't willing to work with me, I'm not willing to pay them.
So I have come back to you all for some help. I have a copy of the Phase I Dieter Handout, and I can order from Lindora, but I need help with knowing what vitamins I need to be taking and what extra info I might need to know. Like how many carbs etc. I should be having each day. I'm determined to do IP and get to my goal weight, and the people at the clinic are not going to keep me from it!
I do not have a coach or clinic, I don't loose as fast as the others, but I do have variations to my diet and I do muscle train a few times a week. I am happy to see the scale move, regardless of how slow or fast it moves. This is an awesome plan, regardless of if you order IP or find something alternative, you will love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
It's my little guys 1st birthday on Friday, we're having a big party for him on Sunday. I know it's probably overkill for a first birthday but it's a big celebration for us. As some of you may know we adopted him after 5 years of trying for a baby, then when he was born he was very sick and the doctors told us he had a mitochondrial disease (basically means the cells in his body don't function properly) and wasn't going to make it....after a long week of praying and hoping he started getting better and after a month in the NICU we've never looked back. He's a healthy thriving crazy little boy!

Anyway what does this have to do with Ideal Protein well a few things actually:

1. I can't wait for all my family and friends to see me down 50+ lbs!
2. I need some serious willpower to get through all of this!! The food list is getting more and more amazing as the days go on...have I mentioned that both my parents and Hudson's tummy mummy are Red Seal Chefs?

I was packing up loot bags this morning and of course I picked out all my favorite candies to put in them...why would I do that to myself lol. Then I spent half an hour talking to Hudson's tummy mummy about what kind of cake, cupcakes and ice cream she's making for the party....suddenly my vanilla pudding coffee concoction didn't seem all that yummy!!

Sigh - Diet Gods grant me some willpower
Don't beat me anyone, but I say, it's your little man's 1st b-day, enjoy the day! Don't stress about your diet! I am not saying eat everything in sight, just enjoy and be a part of the day. If you can get your cake in time, wonderful, if not, make the best decision you can. I ate about a 1/4 inch square piece of my nieces b-day cake and though I only lost one pound this week, I still lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Had my weigh in today...down another 3lbs. That makes 60lbs in 21 weeks. I love IP and I love checking in here daily to see how everyone is doing!
Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaller View Post
Down another 2 pounds from the past week. That put me to 22.8 pounds in 7 weeks. I will take it! Yeah!
WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Kelsey and YinYang,

I think you should eat sensibly and enjoy your vacations. We don't get to go on vacation every month. Even skinny people gain weight on vacation.

Summer is my fun time and I will not live and die by this diet. I will manage it to the best of my ability just like the rest of you. I think it is very easy to become obsessed with this plan. I am kind of discouraged that the IP coaches cannot advise for people to take breaks from this diet. It is better to take a small break and get back on plan than to give up on the diet. Please remember you may have to go through the carb withdrawals again when you return to the diet. Just my thoughts.

I have to agree with you on this!!

Cheers for each five!!

Old 04-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #172
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Huge discussions with coach today. I guess it's frowned upon for us to go off plan for vacation. I'm not sure what I'm even going to do. It's my first cruise, and i know that I will want to partake. I'm sure it's a double edge sword.

For those of you that cheated, are you happy you cheated, or if you had it to do over would you not stray?

Same question for those who went on vacation, but did not give into temptation... do you wish now that you had?
I have been twice to Florida/DisneyWorld on this diet, and stayed on plan. I normally "partake" with glee, but I am very glad that I did not "stray" on these last two trips. I DID celebrate a successful shuttle launch with some white wine this last trip, but it did not seem to affect my loss... I suspect because it was offset by a significant amount of walking and pushing a wheelchair around the parks.

At any rate, I do NOT wish I had gone off plan. But that's just me... I'm in a hurry to finish this. I'm sure others have made the opposite decision and been happy with that. I think it's particularly warranted for someone who's been on for a long time... JoshB seems to be taking a good approach, by moving through the later phases ahead of time, then returning to Phase 1 afterwards. If anyone deserves a break, it's him!

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Old 04-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
:

NOW, my interesting moment for the day!

My BF is very into cigars and we frequently go to a local cigar lounge he likes. I have been going with him for the past year so many of the guys have seen me around. In the past week 5 of the guys have come up to him and asked about me, wanted to know if we were married, dating, just friends. The other day when I was there one was hitting on me right in front of him!! He just takes it in stride. Anyway, today he texts me, "another guy is asking about you. You are getting quite a fan club!" I just laughed but it made me feel good to get noticed!

I posted another picture of me today as my avatar. This is what I looked like 7 weeks into the program. I had dropped almost 30 pounds from the other picture. I am having my sister send me pictures of me from my trip last week. I will post that when I get it!

Carla
Carla, it is flattering that other men notice you. Does your BF get jealous at all? Some men can be very worried when their women lose weight to the point of sabatoging the diet.

I can't wait to see the recent photos of you. It was nice for you to post some previous ones so we can follow the change you have made.

I do value your input since you have been on the diet so long. I think our experience gives us all better insight than some of the coaches. Your's were the first posts I remember reading on this forum.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #174

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Little NSV, I am in phase 4 so I won't go into details on foods, etc, but just wanted to let everyone know how amazing IP is and how much everything has changed in just the little weight I lost, cravings etc. I love popcorn, it was hard for me to give it up for IP. Before IP, I used to make a huge bowl for my boyfriend and I, load it with butter and salt and munch before the tv. I always handpop on the stove in a pot too. Last night, my boyfriend wanted popcorn, I didn't, no craving when normally it would have been there, so told him no, I wasn't making any. He offered to help, so I gave in and made a little amount for him, he did most of the work keeping the pot moving so it wouldn't burn. I let him put his own butter and salt, and I only had 5 pieces!!!! That's it, he didn't even finish 1/2, and we barely made any, before IP, I would have munched all the rest, this time, only the 5pieces, and then thought how the butter and popcorn, might fit in my breakfast the next morning, stale I know, but instead of 2 pieces of toast, 1 piece, no cheese, and a little popcorn with a little butter, then just tossed the rest.

My whole point is, IP really helped me control the craving and find a way to comfortably fit a little bit of a food I love into my diet, by substituting for something else I would have eaten, so cool. Everyone can look forward to not being driven by cravings in maintenance, it's all worth it!!!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #175

S/C/G: 248/155/150

I am going to Applebees for lunch today with a friend . Does anyone have suggestions for me to order . Im still on phase one . I dont eat out often it makes me nervous. Help ? Please .
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #176

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Okay, team, I need your help!!!

My hubby and I are leaving for Edmonton in 2 days to pick up our daughter from university! Haven't seen her since Christmas; so this is long overdue and much anticipated!! Will be gone for more then 10 days. Staying at a hotel that has microwave and fridge so will make my life a little easier! Getting so excited but also a bit nervous!

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be on vacation, but nervous about how I am going to stay on plan!

I realize it will take some extra planning (already have my cooler all set to be packed!) and knowing how to order at restaurants (hubby and I eat out 1x week for date night!) but its all the other moments of vacation that are starting to scare me! lol!

Namely the 2 straight days of driving 12+ hours across 3 provinces in the vehicle (one way!) Usually I bring a large selection of snacks to munch on during all that down time (read:BOREDOM!!) but that isn't an option anymore!!! So besides a hefty sized bag of celery, there isn't a whole lot of things to choose from that are safe and on plan!! Thankfully my coach acknowledges my increasing panic and is looking into some low carb treats that I might be able to have besides the IP food!

I would really appreciate any suggestions, tips, hints etc on long distance travelling while staying on plan!!!
Starting to get just a wee bit freaked out!
This might sound really strange, but a little trick I've learned to prevent boredom on long drives, is find a craft to keep my hands busy so I'm not thinking about eating. I knit, scarves, hats, socks, etc. My mom does needlepoint, if you don't know how to do anything, pick up a how-to book to learn, and have a productive trip. For knitting, I recommend stitch & *****, there are all sorts of things you can do that don't require too much reading (which I love but causes headaches in cars) I did this while an exhibitor at booths at conferences last week during downtime, and it killed the need to go hunt for food to munch.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #177
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I am going to Applebees for lunch today with a friend . Does anyone have suggestions for me to order . Im still on phase one . I dont eat out often it makes me nervous. Help ? Please .
well stick with grilled chicken and vegetables. Make sure you ask them no butter.

I you want to "indulge" a bit you can get a chicken caesar or something like that. You need the protein and grilled better... be careful with the dressing though... they do tend to load it up with salt (not sea salt) so we can retain more water... but that would be my suggestion.

Swap out your IP lunch for your dinner... so that way you are still doing the same amount of packets a day at least

Elizabeth's progress photos
Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #178

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

I went on vacation and strayed. I think the question to ask yourself is, will you be able to get back on track if you stray while on vacation? I am committed to losing this excess weight, so I knew I'd get right back in the saddle when I got home. And honestly - by the end of my week of vacation, I was ready for my IP foods because what I was eating was making me feel tired and sluggish. I would probably try not to stray so much if I had it to do over again because the headache I had Sunday and Monday about did me in.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #179
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Kelsey I went to Napa Valley for a week's vacation week 2 of this diet.
The IP office tried to get me to wait to start the diet but I am an extremely impatient person. I ate IP cereal for breakfast, veggies, salad and a bar for lunch and veggies and protein for dinner usually. I had a yogurt drink each night. The benefits were that I felt pretty good the whole week and had more energy than I would have had with a wine hangover each morning. I made sure I had special protein for dinner each night since we went to the most spectacular restaurants. It wasn't that hard really.
So, I suggest you go on vacation with the plan to stay on the diet. If you indulge here and there it will be nothing compared to ditching the diet entirely. I had lobster poached in butter one night, for example. I came home having lost weight and feeling great.

Caesar salad is one of my favorite things. I order it now without the cheese, croutons or dressing. Do you know what I am ordering???A big plate of romaine lettuce!!! So now I just say that...

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-21-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #180
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
They have several things to choose from. They have a great sirloin and you can get steamed broccoli or you can get the Garlic Herb Chicken with the sauce on the side and steamed broccoli. You can also get a grilled chicken salad and modify it however you want. They are really good at changing your order for you. Enjoy

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
Closed Thread