Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #136  

Height: 5'10"

Jordanna, you will do just fine at your son's party. :-) You've made such great progress - you will find that you don't want to give that up for a taste of forbidden fruit!

Chaplains Wifey - hope the photo shoot is going very well!

I weighed in today for the first time in two weeks due to vacation. Down 1 pound. YES! When we got home Sunday I was up 8 pounds from when we left, and I've lost 6.5 of that in two days already. I love IP.

Forgot to mention: Four of my friends have started IP in the last two weeks after seeing my success on the program. I love that I have online friends and real-life friends to share the ups & DOWNS of this lifestyle!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Not sure why you can't do Ideal to Go online... can you explain?

From their web site: Ideal To Go allows Ideal dieters to utilize the Ideal Protein Program when they may not otherwise have access to an Ideal clinic.

I should think you qualify on the grounds of time availability.
They never really gave me an explination as to why I couldn't do the online program. They just said since I had a clinic so close I wouldn't be able to do the online program and if I was truly serious about it I would find time. I'm gonna go to the website and check it out. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #138  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Jordanna - cake is on it's way. They are saying 3-5 days. Saturday would be 4 days. I will think all good thoughts. Enjoy it whenever it arrives!

deinekatze--comes from Lindora. I don't know of a vanilla one. There is a cheesecake but I haven't tried it yet.

Chaplain's wifey -- can't wait to hear all the details of your photo shoot. Hope they helped you relax and have fun.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #139  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Jordanna - cake is on it's way. They are saying 3-5 days. Saturday would be 4 days. I will think all good thoughts. Enjoy it whenever it arrives!

deinekatze--comes from Lindora. I don't know of a vanilla one. There is a cheesecake but I haven't tried it yet.

Chaplain's wifey -- can't wait to hear all the details of your photo shoot. Hope they helped you relax and have fun.
guess I really need to look into all that Lindora stuff...those of you who have used it...what on the Lindora plan can be used on Phase one of IP?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post

Oh my gosh Tricia - that is so kind of you! Thank you so much, I'm very much looking forward to enjoying some cake on my little guys birthday! ... you didn't happen to send some IP legal ice cream with it did you? just kiddin!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #141  
getting back on track

Just saw this as I was browsing the net and looking for a zuchini pasta recipe as I have had that before and it was GREAT! Of course, adjust to the IP protocol (i.e. No cheese )

If you miss pasta, because you don’t eat wheat or you’re on a low-carbohydrate diet, this dish makes a nice stand-in for fettuccine. Be careful not to overcook — it will be al dente with a few minutes of cooking, after which it will quickly fall apart. When made just right, it’s silky and wonderful. You can serve as is, or toss it with a fresh tomato sauce. Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to make the thin zucchini strips.

2 pounds zucchini (or a combination of yellow and green zucchini)

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Sea salt and freshly ground pepper

3/4 cup fresh tomato sauce (optional)

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, for serving (more to taste)

1. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini into lengthwise ribbons. Peel off several from one side, then turn the zucchini and peel off more. Continue to turn and peel away ribbons until you get to the seeds at the core of the zucchini. Discard the core. You can also do this on a mandolin, adjusted to a very thin slice.

2. Cook the zucchini strips in two batches. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add the zucchini ribbons and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Cook, tossing and stirring the zucchini, for two to three minutes, until softened and beginning to turn translucent. Adjust salt and add freshly ground pepper to taste, and transfer to a serving dish. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and zucchini. Serve, topping with tomato sauce and freshly grated Parmesan if desired.

ENJOY!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #142  

HockeyMom- You said you were up 8# from your vacation. Can I ask, how long you were gone and did you take a break from the plan or did you try to keep up as you could? I leave this Sat and I am not using any IP foods, but will eat mostly protein items. Maybe a vodka cranberry or something. I wanted to get an idea for what it would do to me in the gain department. You recovered very quickly though.

Jordanna- Hug your little guy and have a great celebration. He will only be one year old once! I have tried to learn that all celebrations don't have to center on the food, but it can be challenging. ( I need to remember this while on vacation.) I agree that you will probably be so busy, you won't have much time to fret over all the food.

ChaplainsWifey- Maybe your DH call this morning was to remind you what you were doing and give you resolve to go through with it. I think it is great and I hear that the photographer goes to great lengths to make the person comfortable.

I go to see my coach on appt, so don't see a lot of people that are also on the program. I am hearing more people I know on the program each week though.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #143  

Had my weigh in today...down another 3lbs. That makes 60lbs in 21 weeks. I love IP and I love checking in here daily to see how everyone is doing!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #144  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

deinekatzeWhen I began this program almost 3 months ago, I said I would be very strictly on IP. I ignored the discussions of Lindora and others...
But after about 6 or 8 weeks. I looked at the Lindora site. They had tomato soup and I don't like any of the IP soups and BevS told us when they had sales. And someone said their vanilla box drinks were just like IPs and that's what I was having almost 3x a day x7 days a week. My first order was soup and vanillla drinks I think. Then I decided to order some of the different bars. I have eaten only a few but they are great. Then BevS mentioned the cake. Decided to order it to have at some point. (Yesterday was that day)
So, Lindora is much like IP. All high in protein, low in carb. You just need to decide for yourself after reading the ingredients at their website, what you want to try. Also, wait for a sale. The price then is just about 1/2 the price of IP. The things almost exactly like IP phase 1 are obvious if you have your IP list available when you look at Lindora's website. vanilla box drinks & chocolate nut bar, for example. I still buy 21 IP things from the doc each week. My Lindora supply is for when I need a change or don't get back to the doc in exactly a week.
Your zucchini as pasta recipe sounds great. I will try it.
want2run Congratulations on your weight loss-
60 lbs WOW!!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #145  

YinYang, I was gone for 8 days. The first 3-4 days I did phase 2, minus my evening protein and plus a 32 oz. slushy sugary alcoholic drink every day. (It was Vegas afterall). The next 4 days I slipped a little further down the slope...continued with the slushy drinks but added totally non-IP foods, and believe me my body was telling me it didn't like it. I got back on track on Sunday when we got home - even had the head splitting headache again just like the first time I started IP. Today I feel much better, just feel more comfortable in my skin. I was told I gained 2 pounds of muscle, I'm sure it's from walking 8 plus miles a day last week. I left home with good intentions to follow phase 2 but add alcohol, and it deteriorated as the week went on. I like your plan!

The thing I tried to remind myself was this was a vacation, not a normal week for me. Food wasn't the focus, but if there was something I wanted I had it. I ate way less than I have on past vacations though - didn't snack at all. I had a hard time getting all my water in every day.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #146  

Want2Run, WAHOO! Congratulations that's amazing!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

The cheesecake is oh so--so good. I could not beleive how great it was--I kept looking at the label thinking I had to be missing something--not alot of carbs and no bad aspartme. I also highly reccomend the vanilla custard with toffee chips.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #148  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post

The cheesecake is oh so--so good. I could not beleive how great it was--I kept looking at the label thinking I had to be missing something--not alot of carbs and no bad aspartme. I also highly reccomend the vanilla custard with toffee chips.
sounds like a deal!

Let me know when Lindora has the sales please
Old 04-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
sounds like a deal!

Let me know when Lindora has the sales please
I know that last time they had a deal BevS posted and let everybody know and I sure would appreciate it if she will let us know next time. I have purchased twice and thought that I would get email from them--but I have not so far. In fact both times I have ordered the order is mysteriously cancelled and then they have to manually re-enter. I have received both orders with in five days of ordering to that is impressive.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #150  

OK so I have to weigh in today and it is my first weigh in with my TOM!! I feel so yucky and am thinking it won't be a great loss week...cross my fingers for a loss not a gain! Does anyone else experience slow weeks for loss while TOM visits?
Closed Thread