Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #316  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey everyone! I just saw Bev replied about daily weight fluctuation. I hadn't thought about it either until my BF was laughing at me for scale hopping and said "you know how much water you drink, right??? That gallon alone is 8 pounds! If you drink more, eat more, even if you are running to the bathroom all day you are still going to go fluctuate in weight everyday! YOU are so Funny!" RIGHT!! ;P HAHAHA...

After I thought about it, he was right (as usual) and I just weigh in the morning now! I also don't weigh every day. I only weigh if an outfit drastically changes in the way it fits or I seem puffy.

SO, my big news since coming back! I had a 4 pound loss coming back from vacation and was on T.O.M. (newbies, that is time of month abbreviation)!!! Best part! I fit into my size 10 skirt before I left but when I got back... got into my 10 pants too! I went shopping yesterday and bought medium size tops, a size 10 summer dress ( BF says it is already to big in places) and I have lost a full SHOE size!! WHO KNEW!

I feel like doing back flips!

Carla
Great NSV's Carla. You have done so well losing 70 lbs and are still doing great! I am very proud of you and glad you are back on the forum again. I missed seeing your input.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #317  

Default Help! What kind of jeans do you buy?

I have been wearing Levi's 515's in the long size. I have gone from 14's and 16's down to 10's and 12's. I was hoping to find some different jeans to wear today. I tried a few different brands and they all make my but look flat. I have never had a very round bottom but they looked awful. I would really like to have some other choices than levi's but they need to be long length, about 34 inch inseams. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 04-16-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hey everyone! I just saw Bev replied about daily weight fluctuation. I hadn't thought about it either until my BF was laughing at me for scale hopping and said "you know how much water you drink, right??? That gallon alone is 8 pounds! If you drink more, eat more, even if you are running to the bathroom all day you are still going to go fluctuate in weight everyday! YOU are so Funny!" RIGHT!! ;P HAHAHA...

After I thought about it, he was right (as usual) and I just weigh in the morning now! I also don't weigh every day. I only weigh if an outfit drastically changes in the way it fits or I seem puffy.

SO, my big news since coming back! I had a 4 pound loss coming back from vacation and was on T.O.M. (newbies, that is time of month abbreviation)!!! Best part! I fit into my size 10 skirt before I left but when I got back... got into my 10 pants too! I went shopping yesterday and bought medium size tops, a size 10 summer dress ( BF says it is already to big in places) and I have lost a full SHOE size!! WHO KNEW!

Carla
Way to stick to your diet while on vacation! Gotta love getting in to those smaller sizes! Yay!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #319  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I have been wearing Levi's 515's in the long size. I have gone from 14's and 16's down to 10's and 12's. I was hoping to find some different jeans to wear today. I tried a few different brands and they all make my but look flat. I have never had a very round bottom but they looked awful. I would really like to have some other choices than levi's but they need to be long length, about 34 inch inseams. Does anyone have any suggestions?
you can work out your behind ;-)

Pelvic raises (or bridge) on a bosu ball are the best! hehehe

like this but a bit faster and hold it up on top and slowly lower it and before you touch the floor again slowly raise your butt again :-)http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4938629_...es-bridge.html

If you are going to raise the leg I'd suggest you hold it a bit lower to work the glutes more...instead of straight up

Last edited by deinekatze; 04-16-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: double quote ;-)
Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 302/287/175

Height: 5'10"

well this is my week two of ip. i have found things a bit challenging this week seem as i suffer bad from cravings and feeling full when my monthly is coming. i hope things arent to bad on monday for my weigh in. all u ladies seem to be doing well. i was wondering if having a pepperoni stick is gonna affect me a whole lot where there is no carbs or sugar? and when you are craving things what do u do to get your mind off of things? anyones assistance is greatly appreciated! thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #321  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
well this is my week two of ip. i have found things a bit challenging this week seem as i suffer bad from cravings and feeling full when my monthly is coming. i hope things arent to bad on monday for my weigh in. all u ladies seem to be doing well. i was wondering if having a pepperoni stick is gonna affect me a whole lot where there is no carbs or sugar? and when you are craving things what do u do to get your mind off of things? anyones assistance is greatly appreciated! thanks
add more Omega 3s or Olive oil, that should help a bit
Old 04-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #322  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
you can work out your behind ;-)

Pelvic raises (or bridge) on a bosu ball are the best! hehehe

like this but a bit faster and hold it up on top and slowly lower it and before you touch the floor again slowly raise your butt again :-)http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4938629_...es-bridge.html

If you are going to raise the leg I'd suggest you hold it a bit lower to work the glutes more...instead of straight up
Thanks for the link. I may have to go get me one of them bosu ball's. That looked easy enough.

Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #323  
getting back on track

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I may have to go get me one of them bosu ball's. That looked easy enough.

Thanks again!
yup, and it keeps your HR down too ;-)

same as doing planks for your abs.. great work out and no jumping!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #324  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
here are a few resources you can check for long length jeans:

http://www.zafu.com/women/regular/je...ND&brandId=148

http://www.tall-women-resource.com/35-inseam.html

http://store.alloy.com/browse.do;jse...navTrack=jeans

Also, J crew and old navy have long lengths.

I don't need a really long inseam except for my high heels, so I can't offer much more.

Good luck!

Carla
Old 04-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
So excited ! Two more weeks and my husband will be home from Iraq ! Wish I had made my goal but still happy Ive got this far ! It would be nice if I could loose 6 or 8 more lbs in two weeks but for some reason my body is loosing much slower now . Bummed about that . Oh well !
He'd have to blind not to see how great you look! Your numbers are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmasMommy View Post
I need help with Veggies! Before starting IP the only veggies I would even touch were corn, carrots, broccoli, salad and pickles! For the past few weeks the only thing I've had for veggies is salad - one for lunch and one with dinner. I know I need more but can't find a recipe or a way to prepare them! There have been a lot of things posted on here - but I'd like to know, what are your favorite veggies??? The ones you couldn't get through this diet without?
I love to slice squash or zuccini and grill them on my george foreman, I sprinkle sea salt on them...scrumptous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
WI# 4 - DOWN 4.5 WOOO HOOO!

My coach said this about the letter:

He's had several people come in who had items such as: double cheese burgers, chips w/salsa, DQ Blizzard etc.

He was very sweet with us (my daughter and me). So that being said, I'm good. I've signed on for one more week (of course I'll keep going, but it's one week at a time)!
Way to go! 4.5!!

Quote:

Carla
Way to go! I don't thik I have worn size ten in my whole life! I remember in fifth grade wearing women's sixteens and my mom had to hem the ends. I would definitely do back flips if I could get in a ten!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
I bet it felt pretty great to see the scale be in the two hundreds...awesome!! Way to go!!! When I have cravings, I drink more water, the worse they get, I just CHUG it, drink it fast. After about eight ounces in two or three swallows, I don't even want to think of eating, my belly feels so full! :>
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #326  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

On Fitday.com I've set up my IP products. Here's my question: Is there a way to have it calculate partial portions? In other words, every morning I use 2 oz of IP Vanilla Drink in my coffee. Of course I want to count the 2 oz, but I don't want to count all 8. I do sometimes just freeze the other 6 and eat it as my snack that night, in which case, of course I would count it. Okay, never mind... LOL I'm just going to go make 2 oz the serving size and divide everything by 4, then if I have the whole thing I'll put in that I had 4 servings. See sometimes we just need to talk things out!

Hope everyone has an ideal day today. Tonight is my son's Prom. I'm so excited to see my little boy "all grown up" and Yes, I will take proud mom pics (shutter bug at large - hey shutter bug getting smaller)!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #327  

Quote:
here are a few resources you can check for long length jeans:

http://www.zafu.com/women/regular/je...ND&brandId=148

http://www.tall-women-resource.com/35-inseam.html

http://store.alloy.com/browse.do;jse...navTrack=jeans

Also, J crew and old navy have long lengths.

I don't need a really long inseam except for my high heels, so I can't offer much more.

Good luck!

Carla
Thanks! I will check them out.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #328  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Thought I would share with you that this morning I finally went back under the 150 lbs!
(This was the goal to get a new pair of shoes!! I found them last night and did not want to wear them before I went under 150... guess I can wear them now!! - And they were 50% off!!)
...and my fat cat went under 25lbs! 2 small victories!

Last edited by SylvieG; 04-17-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #329  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Thought I would share with you that this morning I finally went back under the 150 lbs!
(This was the goal to get a new pair of shoes!! I found them last night and did not want to wear them before I went under 150... guess I can wear them now!! - And they were 50% off!!)
Great Job Sylvie! New shoes sure feel nice. Keep up the awesome job you are doing!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #330  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Big Congratulations to you Sylvie-- I can't wait to get there so Lucky Lucky You.... hope you are thrilled!!!
Closed Thread