Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #346  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalebsgma View Post
First day on the IP program and after reading about everyone's success, I am excited. I know my greatest challenge will be the social situations: potlucks at work, potlucks at church, dinner with friends. But I am confident that I can do this!
Welcome to the forum! I too have a grandson, my one and only so far. His name is Kaleb. He is 15 months old. So much fun!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #347  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie32 View Post
It has been a while! I weighed in last Tuesday and lost another 4.8 lbs!! YEAH..so excited. Today I finally got my weight tracker...
I have a question: I was looking for some spices for my veggies at the grocery store and seen this, a bottle of clubhouse seasoning, parm and garlic...the only thing is it is 0carbs, 0cals, and 0 fat. I first thought, can I have this? Even though we are not allowed dairy or cheese. Then it occured to me that it is weird how it is 0 everything...it should be allowed right??? It has low salt content too...what are your thoughts...
As far as I was told on the program as long as it's 0carbs 0cals 0fat you can have it - just watch the portion size because that's when extra carbs etc sneak in
Old 04-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'4"

My grandson, Kaleb, is 2 1/2 and my only one until we have a granddaughter due in July. Being grandma is the best!!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #349  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureskinnygirl View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new so I hope I am posting right. I still don't quite understand threads.

Today is my first day on IP. I feel great so far. I had the mushroom soup with cauliflower and a salad. Loved it! Yum!

I told my husband that soon he will have a hot wife in a bikini. We've been married for 14 years and never had a honeymoon.....Hawaii here we come!!!

Does anyone know if we can add crystal light to our water?

Thanks.

Kami
yes you can have crystal light my coach said
Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #350  

My coach says no to Crystal Light - I think it just depends on your coach, there doesn't seem to be any hard fast rules about aspertame...
Old 04-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #351  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
It has been a while! I weighed in last Tuesday and lost another 4.8 lbs!! YEAH..so excited. Today I finally got my weight tracker...
I have a question: I was looking for some spices for my veggies at the grocery store and seen this, a bottle of clubhouse seasoning, parm and garlic...the only thing is it is 0carbs, 0cals, and 0 fat. I first thought, can I have this? Even though we are not allowed dairy or cheese. Then it occured to me that it is weird how it is 0 everything...it should be allowed right??? It has low salt content too...what are your thoughts...
how do you know when you can add your weight tracker/signature? Waiting on mine today actually (my 20 days)
Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #352  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
how do you know when you can add your weight tracker/signature? Waiting on mine today actually (my 20 days)
Thanks Jordanna!

I waited until it appeared under the user CP (edit signature) and then it will take you through it step by step...maybe it is waiting for you!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #353  

Quote:
Thanks Jordanna!

I waited until it appeared under the user CP (edit signature) and then it will take you through it step by step...maybe it is waiting for you!
No problem - I actually had to run to the store to grab some cucumber so I picked it up too - it sounds delicious! I was thinking it would be great with some olive oil/lemon juice/vinegar as a salad dressing...or on top of steamed veggies ...YUMMO!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #354  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Thanks Jordanna!

nope, not there yet.... oh well hehehe
Old 04-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #355  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
No problem - I actually had to run to the store to grab some cucumber so I picked it up too - it sounds delicious! I was thinking it would be great with some olive oil/lemon juice/vinegar as a salad dressing...or on top of steamed veggies ...YUMMO!
Yummo is right! That sounds great...I think I will first try it with my veggies with my supper tonight!! It even smells good without opening the bottle, funny how I could appreciate things like this now compared to before I started IP! LOL
Old 04-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #356  

Quote:
Yummo is right! That sounds great...I think I will first try it with my veggies with my supper tonight!! It even smells good without opening the bottle, funny how I could appreciate things like this now compared to before I started IP! LOL
I agree with you Sophie - as soon as you mentioned it I thought:

. o O (I have to get cucumber anyway....)

so I hopped on my bike and rode to the store

It is funny how your perception shifts and suddenly a seasoning or a new IP flavor gets you excited!! That's good though to find new things and share tips with each other, it helps us all be successful!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 302/287/175

Height: 5'10"

i dont know if i post right or too late but here i am trying again! i am on week two of IP my first weigh in i lost 6lbs and my mext weigh in is coming adn its that time of the month for me so i am nervous about it! i struggle day to day for the last two weeks with cravings but that i think is from my P. i have cheated and had a mini pepperoni or piece of sausage that was o sugar o carbs does anyone think this will affect me? i never got no info on using keto sticks should i be?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #358  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Deinekatz: Thanks for the “behind” workout! I so need that!
Blue mermaid: THANKS! You are so sweet!
Bev S: Thanks!
Frumpy Girl: The pepperoni stick wont pull you out of ketosis but it has added fat so TOO MANY will slow you down on weight loss. If it keeps you from cheating it may be worth it by try to manage how much you eat. ALSO keep in mind that they use sodium that is not real salt and may cause added water retention.
Motiv8ed Mama: Thanks! Keep at the program and I AM SURE you will get down to your smallest size ever; It might be that 10 is still in your future! I think every has a “right” size. I have some friends who will never be really small, they just are healthier at a medium sized appearance. In my past, I was always pretty small. I wore size 5 to 7 until I was 20. After that 10s were common. I just lost it in my 30’s. My high was a 20 (late last summer) and I hope to NEVER see it again.
Sylvie: WAY TO GO!! That is so awesome! You must be just glowing with pride for your achievements. Good job to kitty too!
Chaplains Wifey: Sometimes that next glass of water is just too much or too boring! It really has helped me to flavor them a little. I even have the small travel (sample) pack of stevia flavors by sweet leaf. It comes in a tin. I have loved having it at restaurants to flavor tea, coffee, and water. They are refillable so it has been a worthwhile purchase.
Great job on reaching 181! I am sure you will be into the 170’s in the next few days!! WOO HOOO!
Want 2 run: What an AWESOME moment! Didn’t you just feel so good? It is such and amazed, excited, awesome moment! Congratulations!
Jordana: You are such a creative person. I love the imagery you can create with words!
Sophie: Congratulations! Great job! I think if the ingredients don’t list any sugars, and the nutritional values are all zero, you should be safe. Just keep an eye on the sodium.
Kalebsgma: WELCOME! You will do great! We will give you tips to get around the social situations if you want them. The nice things about potlucks, you are always guaranteed at least 1 or 2 dishes that work for you , even if you had to bring them yourself!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #359  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
thanks for the info about costs. i have another question for you all. My local center that does IP is only open til 5pm and closed on weekends. I run a daycare and can't get away til 530pm, and i'm not about to take 6 kids with me, so I don't know when I would get the chance to go to weekly weigh-ins and such. Do you all recommend using a mentor/coach or is this something I could do on my own?

I do IP on line. My coach lives in virginia and we speak on the phone or email. There is a place that does IP not even a mille from my house and It made no difference I told them that with my schedule the on line would work for me. They want your business so they will have a coach contact you. All I did was go to the IP website sent an email and I was contacted within a few days. Good luck and go for it.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #360  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
i dont know if i post right or too late but here i am trying again! i am on week two of IP my first weigh in i lost 6lbs and my mext weigh in is coming adn its that time of the month for me so i am nervous about it! i struggle day to day for the last two weeks with cravings but that i think is from my P. i have cheated and had a mini pepperoni or piece of sausage that was o sugar o carbs does anyone think this will affect me? i never got no info on using keto sticks should i be?
Great job on week one! Don't worry about every week. Just focus on following the program on a daily basis and the weeks will take care of themselves. I know it is hard to believe. The diet works great and even if you are having your time of month (TOM) it will be corrected in the week that follows. REMEMBER, the program is an average loss per week of 3 -5 pounds for women so, if one week is 6 and another is zero you are still averaging 3! Take it a meal at a time, a day at a time, or, sometimes a minute at a time but if you stay on the program, weigh ins will be just fine.

I wouldn't worry about keto sticks unless you see yourself starting to plateau when you aren't on TOM. The sticks are inexpensive to buy at a pharmacy if you want them but I went 3 months on the program before I felt a need to see if I was still in ketosis. (I had just started to add things like onion, tomatoes and green beans and wanted to see the result)

If you add processed foods keep in mind they are supposed to be ALL ZERO value not just zero carb and sugar. If you see zero sugar on a label, read the ingredients too. Anything under .5 g of sugar can be labeled zero even if it isn't. also avoid maltitol. It is a sugar alcohol so they can say zero sugar but, maltitol has the same glycemic index (effect to insulin) as table sugar. AND, bear in mind anything with fat or protein adds calories so, you could slow down a bit but stay in ketosis when you add a meat stick.

Last, watch for sodium intake. You don't want to slow down because the added sodium is causing water retention.

YOU MIGHT TRY: Prepare several chicken breast tenders from scratch. Grill, broil, or bake them. You can season them to taste like what you enjoy. Then keep a few handy for a food craving. it is added protein but it will be lean and appropriate for your program. It is always better to add an extra IP packet or protein item if it helps you avoid a cheat and falling out of ketosis.

YOU NEED to stay true to the program and in ketosis for 90 to 100 days to get the full benefit of the program - resetting your pancreas.
Closed Thread