Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #361  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Well today is going to be a cleansing one! Maybe even cathartic! I am going through my clothes and closets sorting out the "don't fit" items. I am such a clothes horse! I feel strange dwindling things to nothing but, even the things I love just don't work or look right anymore. I have to get rid of shoes, dresses, skirts, blouses, sweaters, pants/jeans, pjs, and undergarments. I have already gotten rid of 3 huge wardrobe boxes and currently have 2 boxes packed and more to come. I keep telling myself it just makes room for the new things!

Dinner tonight is pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach/peppers/mushroom and onion, roasted cauliflower, southern style greens, and a summer salad with a homemade lemon/mustard/thyme dressing.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #362  

Baked Vegetables Mediterranean

2 tomatoes, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1 med zucchini, sliced
1 small eggplant, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 large Portobello mushroom, slilced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2/3 cup lemon juice
sea salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. grease bottom of oval casserole or a 13x9 baking dish. arrange slices of veggies in rows, alternating types and overlapping slices to make a nice presentation. sprinkle evenly with garlic. combine olive oil and rosemary in a small bowl; drizzle over veggies. pour lemon juice over vegetables; season with salt and pepper. cover loosely with foil. bake 20 min. uncover and bake 10 to 15 min more. vegetables should be fork tender when you pull the dish from the oven.
you could also use asparagus spears in this dish if you like them.
Makes 4 to 6 servings

also posted this to the recipes #2 thread
Old 04-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #363  

Cauliflower Couscous

1 large head of cauliflower
1 tbsp of olive oil

trim and core cauliflower. Cut into equal pieces. Place in food processor fitted with metal blade. Process using on/off pulse action until cauliflower is in small, uniform pieces about the size of cooked couscous. DO NOT PUREE!
heat oil in 12” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower; cook and stire 5 min or until cooked to a crisp-tender state. serve with vegetables or sauces.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 182/177/140

Height: 5'2"

Really enjoying reading everyone's comments-helping to keep me motivated-on day 6 and am still craving some sugary foods-but one moment at a time!! It is working ~down 5 pounds!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I do IP on line. My coach lives in virginia and we speak on the phone or email. There is a place that does IP not even a mille from my house and It made no difference I told them that with my schedule the on line would work for me. They want your business so they will have a coach contact you. All I did was go to the IP website sent an email and I was contacted within a few days. Good luck and go for it.
Hey, that's funny ,I live in N New Jersey and get my IP stuff from Maryland! Doesn't the shipping stink? Not sure where you are but I found a spa in Hoboken that sells it also. I might go there this month to save on shipping!!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie32 View Post
It has been a while! I weighed in last Tuesday and lost another 4.8 lbs!! YEAH..so excited. Today I finally got my weight tracker...
I have a question: I was looking for some spices for my veggies at the grocery store and seen this, a bottle of clubhouse seasoning, parm and garlic...the only thing is it is 0carbs, 0cals, and 0 fat. I first thought, can I have this? Even though we are not allowed dairy or cheese. Then it occured to me that it is weird how it is 0 everything...it should be allowed right??? It has low salt content too...what are your thoughts...
What area in the grocery store did you find the seasoning? Sounds good!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
What area in the grocery store did you find the seasoning? Sounds good!
I agree with you Jordanna...anything we can share is awesome! It makes me truly excited..glad you got some too!!!

Chjsmom: I found it in the isle with all of the seasonings. It is clubhouse brand. I also like the cajun seasoning, it is great on veggies and the protein!!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
My most recent NSV...
For the past many years I have only been able to shop at stores such as Lane Bryant or Avenue. I can't remember the last time I was able to buy a pair of pants in a regular department store. I was talking with a friend the other night and she asked if I was able to shop at other stores yet and I said no, but had not actually tried. So on my way home from work yesterday, just for kicks, I stopped by Macy's and was able to fit into multiple pairs of pants and they all fit. At first I just took in 3 pairs of jeans because I thought "If they don't fit I don't want to get too frustrated." The first pair I put on was a pair of skinny jeans, not what I thought I had picked up, but they fit. The second and third pair fit too. SO I went back out and gathered more pants in a variety of styles and brands and they all fit!!!! It is a glorious day to not be restricted to only two stores for retail therapy!!
Nothing feels better than having the jeans go all the way up and then actually zipping.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #369  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie32 View Post
It has been a while! I weighed in last Tuesday and lost another 4.8 lbs!! YEAH..so excited. Today I finally got my weight tracker...
I have a question: I was looking for some spices for my veggies at the grocery store and seen this, a bottle of clubhouse seasoning, parm and garlic...the only thing is it is 0carbs, 0cals, and 0 fat. I first thought, can I have this? Even though we are not allowed dairy or cheese. Then it occured to me that it is weird how it is 0 everything...it should be allowed right??? It has low salt content too...what are your thoughts...
Sounds good to me. Sounds like Walden Farms products.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
how do you know when you can add your weight tracker/signature? Waiting on mine today actually (my 20 days)
I was told 20 days and 25 posts, but I just saw where someone had fewer posts and had a tracker. Have you tried setting it up yet? I think it will work if you do.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #371  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
i dont know if i post right or too late but here i am trying again! i am on week two of IP my first weigh in i lost 6lbs and my mext weigh in is coming adn its that time of the month for me so i am nervous about it! i struggle day to day for the last two weeks with cravings but that i think is from my P. i have cheated and had a mini pepperoni or piece of sausage that was o sugar o carbs does anyone think this will affect me? i never got no info on using keto sticks should i be?
Six pounds is great for a first weigh-in! No, I don't think that little cheat will affect your weight loss. Although we were told not to eat foods with nitrates in them. They might make you hold sodium. You don't need to buy the keto sticks. If you're not ravenously hungry after the first few days, then you know you're in ketosis.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #372  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I was told 20 days and 25 posts, but I just saw where someone had fewer posts and had a tracker. Have you tried setting it up yet? I think it will work if you do.
nope, I have way more posts than that too HAHAHAHA

Maybe tomorrow
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #373  

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing weight loss but still wearing the same size? I've lost over 30 lbs. (in just over 2 months - yay, me!) and my pants are baggy everywhere except the waist. The waist is certainly much more comfortable and I don't have to lie down on the bed to zipper my jeans anymore but they're not falling off. I haven't gotten the nerve up to try on new clothes just yet but I'm really bummed that my current jeans, while roomier, still fit.

Anyone else seeing this? Yes, my waist is my problem area and I know that the first spot to see weight gain is the last to see it leave.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
nope, I have way more posts than that too HAHAHAHA

Maybe tomorrow
I think the website has to go through some maintenance phase or one of the administrators has to actually give permission to your account. Tomorrow will probably work for you if it is an automated thing or Monday if you have to wait for one of the true "3fatchicks" to take care of it.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinglikeabee View Post
Really enjoying reading everyone's comments-helping to keep me motivated-on day 6 and am still craving some sugary foods-but one moment at a time!! It is working ~down 5 pounds!
Welcome to the forum! Good job on the first week.

Carla
Closed Thread