3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #181
dad
Member
 
dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 47

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I posted this in a different area, but no response, so I'll reword it here. I'm confused about weighing protein. Do you weigh your 5oz of chicken/beef or 7oz fish raw or cooked?
You weigh everything raw.
__________________



wk1-4: -30, wk5-8: -18, wk9-12: -12.5, wk13: -2.5


(1 for every 5 lbs lost)

(1 for every 5 lbs still to lose)
dad is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #182
Senior Member
 
Vicjul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
This is certainly news to me. My coach knows I train three times a week and said I may loose slower but the inch loss will probably be greater. I was over 200 and she never said anything about loosing 8 pounds a week !! You have lost 50 pounds that is fantastic in my opinion and would say keep doing what you are doing. Not sure how they can kick you off the program when you are paying for the products and loosing weight !!
Vicjul is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #183
Senior Member
 
BevS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I posted this in a different area, but no response, so I'll reword it here. I'm confused about weighing protein. Do you weigh your 5oz of chicken/beef or 7oz fish raw or cooked?
I've read on this forum to weigh the protein before cooking. But I asked our regional rep, and he said it didn't matter. Extra protein won't throw you out of ketosis. So I always weigh after cooking.
__________________
BevS is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #184
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6

Default

I was told to weigh raw at the first place I went to, but I switched to a different place where the coach lost 120 lbs on IP and she says to weigh cooked because raw meat contains a lot of water that cooks out. My friend that's on it weighs raw but her sister that's a coach in a different state says to weigh cooked. I think raw makes more sense to me and besides, 5oz of cooked meat is a huge amount.
Curly is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #185
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,316

Default

Beyourbest - I don't know what is going on at your clinic but my coach showed their regional director my progress and pictures and he was blown away by it and said I was doing amazing. You are right there with me on stats...I wouldn't worry one bit about not losing 8 lbs a week - that's ridiculous. They say a woman will lose between 3 - 5 lbs a week and you're doing just that so don't sweat it and if they have a problem with it, tell them you'll take your business elsewhere because they are being unrealistic. Remember you are paying them for a service, they are working for you, don't let them make you feel bad about how amazing you're doing.

Oh and the reason they say they have to kick you off the program if you cheat is because when you cheat your body goes out of ketosis and you are then basically on an extremely low calorie starvation diet and that is not what IP is promoting. It's for health purposes
__________________
Don't forget to visit my blog Memoirs of a Fat Kid for more riveting fat kid details!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid
jordanna is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #186
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
Ok let's be realistic here. What she has told you is totally and completely absurd!!
First -We have all cheated one way or another on this diet. It is unrealistic to think you can do any diet without an occasional digression. Yes I feel IP is much easier to stay faithful too & I was for 7 weeks but come on, cheats are part of the deal with any diet. Second- I started over 200. I was told 3-5 pounds a week for women. Look at my weeks. The first week I lost more than 8 pounds-- none of the others. But what troubles me even more is how insensitive can you be?
You have lost a HUGE 50 POUNDS. this is a success, not a failure and you should have been treated with RESPECT no matter what your weight loss. ****, you should have been applauded and cheered and made to feel like a queen!!!.Tell her you have a whole network of IP friends on the web and that she is WRONG. then find a better coach. Congratulations on the 50!!
PS My doc says I am doing fabulously each week. Last time she did a happy dance for me! You need positive reinforcement!
__________________
[Week 1/10 lbs-2/4-3/3-4/3-5/3-6/3=26 lbs;7-12=7 lbs;13-18=13 lbs;19-24=12 lbs; 25-32=10 lbs Total = 68 lbs
55
lbs of fat. I lose a lot of weight on this diet, feel great doing it & keep it LOST. And so it is! Phase 2-8/26/2010 (then gained 34 lbs) Phase 1 AGAIN 7/15/2011

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-15-2010 at 01:56 PM.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #187
dad
Member
 
dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 47

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
Why do these situations never happen to me? I would LOVE for my IP "coach" to try that crap with me.

IP advertises 3-5 pounds per week for women and 5-7 per week for men (on average). But what they don't say is over what period of time. 5-7 pounds per week for men for how many weeks? To what percent of target weight? From what starting weight? From what BMI? Out of context, those averages are just meaningless numbers.

For example, here are my losses:

Week 01: -12 (12 pounds per week)
Week 02: -7.5 (9.75 per week)
Week 03: -5.5 (8.33 per week)
Week 04: -5 (7.50 per week)
Week 05: -6 (7.20 per week)
Week 06: -4 (6.66 per week)
Week 07: -5 (6.43 per week)
Week 08: -3 (6.00 per week)
Week 09: -3.5 (5.72 per week)
Week 10: -4.5 (5.60 per week)
Week 11: -2.5 (5.32 per week)

My IP "coach" is AMAZED at my rate of loss. He says that they don't normally see that rate of loss unless people are doing HCG injections. Above you can see that my average is 5.32 pounds of weight loss per week over an 11 week period. This means, according to the IP marketing, that I am at the bottom of the range for "normal" weight loss for men (5-7 average for men). If this were true, my coach (and the rest of the office staff) wouldn't be so darn shocked at my weight loss.

Bottom line, if you're not cheating and you're not exercising more than you should, then your rate of loss is just that...YOUR RATE OF LOSS. You have lost over 50 pounds in less than 90 days. That's more than half a pound every day!!! I say shake off her comments and just realize what you have done in such a short period of time.

Let's just say that she wouldn't have gotten away with that on me. Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Man, that irritates me. The nerve.
__________________



wk1-4: -30, wk5-8: -18, wk9-12: -12.5, wk13: -2.5


(1 for every 5 lbs lost)

(1 for every 5 lbs still to lose)
dad is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #188
Senior Member
 
BevS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
Sounds like a total jerk! The owner of my clinic is a man weighing over 200 pounds. He lost 25 pounds in just a few weeks, then didn't lose a pound for weeks, although he continued to lose inches. Then he lost 8 pounds in a couple of weeks and reached his goal. I think you have done great to lose 50 pounds since January 18 and have a right to have expected some kudos instead of a kick to the heart. Maybe she is a sadist. If it were me, I'd ask her for her superior's phone number and tell her you want to verify her information.
__________________
BevS is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #189
Member
 
penguin0199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 58

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Talking question about cost

I have been researching IP and think it seems to be a good way to get rid of my extra weight. I am trying to figure out my budget for it and wonder if you guys can give some ideas of about how much this costs. I know that prices will vary for area to area but thought maybe I could get an idea from here.
penguin0199 is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #190
Member
 
beyourbestinidaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 71

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Default

Wow--thank you all for the feedback!!! I am moving forward and I think I will go to my weigh in next week which was moved from Wedensday to Thursday--(they can't seem to keep me scheduled for the same day), I am going to tell her what I think and then I am going to finish this out on my own. I have received two orders from Lindora and I can do this. This was like the icing on the cake (ooh poor choice of words) she has seemed rude everyweek for the last month and I do not need her negative vibes. Heck I've lost 50 punds to .... with her!
beyourbestinidaho is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #191
getting back on track
 
deinekatze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
I have been researching IP and think it seems to be a good way to get rid of my extra weight. I am trying to figure out my budget for it and wonder if you guys can give some ideas of about how much this costs. I know that prices will vary for area to area but thought maybe I could get an idea from here.
it is about $27 per box, each box has 7 meals in it. The supplements are separate and you do need to add your own veggies and salads... and your protein for our dinner which is not much
deinekatze is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #192
getting back on track
 
deinekatze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Wow--thank you all for the feedback!!! I am moving forward and I think I will go to my weigh in next week which was moved from Wedensday to Thursday--(they can't seem to keep me scheduled for the same day), I am going to tell her what I think and then I am going to finish this out on my own. I have received two orders from Lindora and I can do this. This was like the icing on the cake (ooh poor choice of words) she has seemed rude everyweek for the last month and I do not need her negative vibes. Heck I've lost 50 punds to .... with her!
is she on the diet too? That may be why she is moody!
deinekatze is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #193
Member
 
beyourbestinidaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 71

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Beyourbest - I don't know what is going on at your clinic but my coach showed their regional director my progress and pictures and he was blown away by it and said I was doing amazing. You are right there with me on stats...I wouldn't worry one bit about not losing 8 lbs a week - that's ridiculous. They say a woman will lose between 3 - 5 lbs a week and you're doing just that so don't sweat it and if they have a problem with it, tell them you'll take your business elsewhere because they are being unrealistic. Remember you are paying them for a service, they are working for you, don't let them make you feel bad about how amazing you're doing.

Oh and the reason they say they have to kick you off the program if you cheat is because when you cheat your body goes out of ketosis and you are then basically on an extremely low calorie starvation diet and that is not what IP is promoting. It's for health purposes
I guess that is why I chose to cheat with peanuts---I made sure I did not eat so many that it through me out of ketosis--they are fairly low carb--I check with those ketostix and I have never cheated to the point that I was still not in ketosis. I would not ever want to have to redo those first few days!!!
beyourbestinidaho is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #194
Maintenance since 6/5/10
 
Novak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 823

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
That's Onederful, Kris! Congrat!

PS: Your toes are lovely.
I remember when you posted your toes, Birman... do you have a fetish or something?
__________________




"Do or do not... there is no try."
Novak is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #195
Senior Member
 
jordanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,316

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
I guess that is why I chose to cheat with peanuts---I made sure I did not eat so many that it through me out of ketosis--they are fairly low carb--I check with those ketostix and I have never cheated to the point that I was still not in ketosis. I would not ever want to have to redo those first few days!!!
That's why I stick to cheese or sometimes beef jerky...a small treat to get me through the tough spots but nothing that will knock me out of ketosis, because you're right - who wants to go through those first few days again!
__________________
Don't forget to visit my blog Memoirs of a Fat Kid for more riveting fat kid details!

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid
jordanna is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Chat - April 5-April 11 babs181 Ideal Protein Diet 405 04-12-2010 05:21 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2