Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Oh my, I am so confused and bewildered!!! I went in for my weigh in yesterday and my IP coach, rep, or whatever else you want to call her---really acted strange. As soon as we got to the back and out of ear shot of anybody else--she said we needed to have a talk--that the IP people (corporate) had been in and they pulled my file and I must be cheating or working out too much because "anybody above 200 pounds should be losing 8 pounds a week" that is a direct quote. I do work out about four times a week and when I first started doing that the doctor in this office approved it. I did have two 2.5 pound weeks and I was cheating and eating some peanuts--but those two have been my lowest. Yesterday when I weighed I was down five pounds for the week---and I would have thought this was good. I read Dr. Trans book and I thought the average for a woman was 3 pounds a week. She acted like they were coming out with new guidelines or something. She also said that if anybody cheated they were suppose to kick them off the diet immediately. (I know you are not suppose to cheat, however, I have been on this since 1/18/2010 and I am only human).
I wear my feelings on my sleeve and I know that---I just do not understand--was she wanting me to quit? This five pounds marked the fifty pound mark in my losses and I really expected a different attitude. Maybe I'm not being reasonable, but it just seems every week this rep, has been rather insensitive in her comments and remarks and this just steped things up a notch.
Has anybody else out there been told that if you are over 200 you should have eight pound losses per week? I really think maybe I am going to tell her what I think and try to finish this on my own. I just don't know.
I agree - Absolutely ABSURD! You are doing AWESOME! maybe corp. thought you were a male - even that is stretching it as guys are only supposed to average 5-7 lbs... she's got issues -

YOu can make it on the Lindora! now that you know how to do it and have lots of experience... you can weigh in weekly and post your progress to us - We'll be your COACH!

btw - where in Idaho are you from ? I'm originally from Boise. My little sis is on IP in Boise - hope it's not the same coach!

-Teresa
Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #197  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
I have been researching IP and think it seems to be a good way to get rid of my extra weight. I am trying to figure out my budget for it and wonder if you guys can give some ideas of about how much this costs. I know that prices will vary for area to area but thought maybe I could get an idea from here.
I pay $24 for 6 boxed vanilla drinks from IP. I also buy some from lindora.com. They have 25% off sales and free shipping on $100 purchase often. The vanilla drinks there cost about $3.25 but on sale they are more like $2.40 each- packaged in 4, not 6. I buy enough to never pay for shipping. I like the support from my IP doc and try to buy most from them but the others are great for when I don't get back to the doc's in a week. At the doc's a week costs
$84 plus you need to buy protein for dinner and salad and veggies. Most of us here would tell you it is well worth it because of the weight loss and the ease of staying on it. I love the fat loss too!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresad View Post
I agree - Absolutely ABSURD! You are doing AWESOME! maybe corp. thought you were a male - even that is stretching it as guys are only supposed to average 5-7 lbs... she's got issues -

YOu can make it on the Lindora! now that you know how to do it and have lots of experience... you can weigh in weekly and post your progress to us - We'll be your COACH!

btw - where in Idaho are you from ? I'm originally from Boise. My little sis is on IP in Boise - hope it's not the same coach!

-Teresa
No, I'm not in Boise I'm in Southern Idaho. That is another possibility that I had not thought of--I go to a pretty large facility with two different doctors and I think I will call and just see if they have anybody else I can meet with before I quit---that would give me a chance to let others in that group know what has been going on with this person.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

I pay $30 per box of anything IP... including the 6 drink boxes - cost should be somewhere between $80 and $90 per week depending on your dr/coach's markup.. I'd heartily recommend going religious with Ip at least to start - It will certainly get you in the groove of it and you'll see fast weight loss! Personally, I needed to have that weekly checkin with a coach to keep me honest! It keeps me going... you can decide after doing it for a while when you'd be confident to keep going on your own with Lindora or other less expensive options.

Good luck!
-
Teresa
Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
is she on the diet too? That may be why she is moody!
Funny you should ask--she is in some kind of body perfecting thing. I know she had been starving herself for some competition that she had this last weekend--and since she had told me about the upcoming competition for the last two weeks---I asked her how she did and she took 4th place. When I first started going there she looked healthy and happy---she has got where she changes her hair color every week---has dark circles under her eyes---and never says anything positive. It does not matter what I say she can turn around spit my words back out at me in a very negative fashion.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #201  

I pay $4.00 per packet (premade drinks are $4.25). At 3 packs/day, that's $12.00 a day ($84.00/week). Plus the food you prepare for dinner, of course. When you think about how much you've spent at drive-thrus or restaurants in the past, $12.00 doesn't seem that bad.

Plus, don't forget - the cost of your clinic and/or consultant is built into the cost of the packets which is key for me. I need to be accountable to someone every single week which is why I don't dare stray into other products, no matter how similar they are. But that's just me. Good luck.

FYI: I do not have to purchase full boxes, we can mix and match our packets and buy as many or little as we want/need. I really think that's the way to go. No waste and we can trade back items we don't like.

Last edited by ksb001; 04-15-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #202  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Funny you should ask--she is in some kind of body perfecting thing. I know she had been starving herself for some competition that she had this last weekend--and since she had told me about the upcoming competition for the last two weeks---I asked her how she did and she took 4th place. When I first started going there she looked healthy and happy---she has got where she changes her hair color every week---has dark circles under her eyes---and never says anything positive. It does not matter what I say she can turn around spit my words back out at me in a very negative fashion.
HAHAHAHA I knew it!

You know she too is going through the mood swings... maybe she needs to look in a mirror and realized she is being a total B***ch!

Hormonal fluctuations on these diets are the pits! I turned into one nasty mean creature too ... tell her to have some fat LOL
Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

thanks for the info about costs. i have another question for you all. My local center that does IP is only open til 5pm and closed on weekends. I run a daycare and can't get away til 530pm, and i'm not about to take 6 kids with me, so I don't know when I would get the chance to go to weekly weigh-ins and such. Do you all recommend using a mentor/coach or is this something I could do on my own?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #204  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
thanks for the info about costs. i have another question for you all. My local center that does IP is only open til 5pm and closed on weekends. I run a daycare and can't get away til 530pm, and i'm not about to take 6 kids with me, so I don't know when I would get the chance to go to weekly weigh-ins and such. Do you all recommend using a mentor/coach or is this something I could do on my own?
I get more info on this forum than I ever do from my "coach"...does that answer your question? hehehe

I weigh in at home which is a pain since my scale can't seem to make up it's mind so I always weigh myself a few times and go with the most frequent lower number.

I am on the IP to go protocol, so I get my stuff in the mail and they follow up with me via email and I do a weekly check in online. They won't usually do that if you have a doctor close by... I was lucky ;-)
Old 04-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #205  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I really feel that having that person for accountability is so important. I can easily lie to myself but if I know that Jennifer will know if I cheated or didn't follow the program is something I'm not willing to do. She also has great words of encouragement for me. I really value going to see my coach.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #206  
Started IP 4/5/10

S/C/G: 239/227/140

Height: 5'8"

no i've never heard over 200 pounds should be losing 8pounds a week! I wish that were true, but sadly no. I lost that wonderful 10.8 week 1 and now week 2 i lost 1.4. I'm sad and cant wrap my head around it but its true. no cheating...sometimes i think i eat too little so i guess thats my problem. i'm thinking for 1.4 pounds i could go back to my 1200 cal diet instead of this under 500 cals!
*sigh* dont mind me...im just disappointed today.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Made it into the 150s this morning!!! (159.6 that is ...) So happy! Maybe now I can weigh less than my husband by next week (he weighs 157)
Old 04-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Don't give up LettucePray!! Just focus on your weight loss in 5-10lb increments, it can be overwhelming otherwise. You are doing fabulously!! You average so far is 6.1lbs per week -AMAZING!!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #209  
Start 2014

New Profile Pic!!! I got this shirt for my birthday a month ago and it looked horrible. I mean really bad. I absolutely love it today I am getting so many compliments and people are finally starting to notice that I am losing weight.

I had the strawberry pudding today as a shake. Added ice and more water and put it in the blender. What a nice change. Very yummy.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #210  
Start 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Made it into the 150s this morning!!! (159.6 that is ...) So happy! Maybe now I can weigh less than my husband by next week (he weighs 157)
Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to be in the 150's. You should be very proud and your husband should be very scared!! Here you come, you'll for sure pass him next week
Closed Thread