Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
hey everyone,
have a question. i started february 5th and the last 2 weeks have been horrible. i have never food cheated, at 6 weeks there was ice bowling so i let down my guard and had a few drinks (light beer) and that's it. i've still maintained the 3 lb/wk average but things are going slower. i've been STARVING lately and i don't know what's up??!! i am in ketosis and eat all the food i'm allowed. i started making meringue w/ egg whites a splenda and some sort of extract.. i'm just trying to fill my stomach and don't know what else to do. i had the privilage of going to an IP seminar in texas this past weekend and learned a lot (when i have more time i'll post some stuff that's been asked and how the regionals answered them) but basically was told if you're hungry, you cheat. anyone else going through this??
Your doing great ! I would love to go to a seminar . My coach is not much help . I have not cheated at all on this diet . I have been hungry the last few weeks also but just trying to fight tru it .So weird because I have not been hungry till recently . I would love any info also . Maybe its because we are so close to our goal . I don't kow it dosnt make sense.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #122  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Default Made it to Onderland!!!!

Good Morning! Just wanted to share what I saw when I stepped on the scale this morning! I've dropped 6 lbs this week!! Woo Hoo!!!!! Made it to Onderland!!!
(Warning!!!! link contains images of my gnarly toes!! lol!)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 04-14-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #123  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
It's funny how some days the boards are slow and other days there are TONS of posts

Has anyone made the IP jello the day before and eaten it the next day? I made it for snack last night and then didn't feel like jello so I was thinking of having it for lunch today and I'm wondering if it will be good
Hi there! I usually make up 4-6 jello at one time using my blender (less mess!) and eat them over the period of a few days. I have never had any problems and they always taste as if I had just made them!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #124  

Default Woohooo!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Good Morning! Just wanted to share what I saw when I stepped on the scale this morning! I've dropped 6 lbs this week!! Woo Hoo!!!!! Made it to Onderland!!!

Yeah! Kris! Welcome to "Onderland"

Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Hey what do you know, just for the heck of it I went and tried some jeans on today.... OMG I squeezed into a size 8! yes, squeezed, but I would not have been able to do that before! I got the 10s that are fine (no muffin tops at all) but the 8s closed easily and all! WOO HOO!!!
Yeah! Gotta love the smaller jeans!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
the weird thing is, he has been incredibly supportive during my diet. This was very "all of a sudden". We had an appt. yesterday for counseling and we were sitting there waiting on the counselor and he said that he had to go to the bathroom. He got up and I haven't seen him since. So, yes, I believe counseling would help, but he chose not to stay for some reason.
That kind of crap is the epitome of passive aggressive behavior. Are you sure you want the jerk back? How could you ever trust him after pulling something like that?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #127  

Quote:

Hooray! What a great weight loss week! Welcome to Onederland!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #128  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:

wow!!! That must be an incredible feeling! I'm so happy for you!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
hey everyone,
have a question. i started february 5th and the last 2 weeks have been horrible. i have never food cheated, at 6 weeks there was ice bowling so i let down my guard and had a few drinks (light beer) and that's it. i've still maintained the 3 lb/wk average but things are going slower. i've been STARVING lately and i don't know what's up??!! i am in ketosis and eat all the food i'm allowed. i started making meringue w/ egg whites a splenda and some sort of extract.. i'm just trying to fill my stomach and don't know what else to do. i had the privilage of going to an IP seminar in texas this past weekend and learned a lot (when i have more time i'll post some stuff that's been asked and how the regionals answered them) but basically was told if you're hungry, you cheat. anyone else going through this??
YES! And I find it extremely annoying that here I'm doing the same thing every day, and some days I'm really hungry!! Although I have realized that those are the days where the smell of food was overwhelming (like the smell of popcorn at the zoo, or candy cooking at work).

But I feel like if you're following the rules, it's only fair that you consistantly lose!! And yet as the weeks go on, the weight loss gets slower and slower. I am between 2 sizes in pants. One is baggy, the other a wee bit snug for my taste. If the scale would move alot quicker I wouldn't have this problem.

Let's stay strong!! It's better than being at the 'old' weight!!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #130  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
YES! And I find it extremely annoying that here I'm doing the same thing every day, and some days I'm really hungry!! Although I have realized that those are the days where the smell of food was overwhelming (like the smell of popcorn at the zoo, or candy cooking at work).

But I feel like if you're following the rules, it's only fair that you consistantly lose!! And yet as the weeks go on, the weight loss gets slower and slower. I am between 2 sizes in pants. One is baggy, the other a wee bit snug for my taste. If the scale would move alot quicker I wouldn't have this problem.

Let's stay strong!! It's better than being at the 'old' weight!!
This is exactly my diet downfall. Having no patience to wait out the low weight loss weeks. I have lost 3 pounds
in the last 2 weeks. Now that is sloooooooooowwwww.
But guess what, I lost 2 pounds in one day this week!!
Kind of shocked me. I had to get off the scale and do it all over again to believe it. So, this diet is effortless in so many ways. I am determined to just stick it out. Try to analyze and do my best guessing at what I can do better each day but really, compared to all the others we have all done, this diet rocks!!!

MysticalMamma Yeah--- onederland club. Welcome and doesn't it just feel,
well, --- wait for it =============onederful?????: goodscale

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-14-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #131  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

OMG! Another 6lbs loser? WOAH! Ok ok ... how do I jump on that train???

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #132  

I had my WI today. I lost 0 lb., but lost an inch in my hips. I'll take inches any day!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #133  

MysticalMamma- Congrats! That's a milestone I am aiming for too.

Deinekatze- Wow close to an 8. I can only hope!

Chelle- I loved hearing your story of love and hope. It lifted my day!

I want to share the information I got yesterday from my coach. I lost 1.6 for the week, which is low for me. She said that she had just been to training and asked about women who have had a hysterectomy (like me), and the week every four where they lose less. She was told that the effect of the hormones on weight loss is the same for such a woman as if she was actively having a period. You still hormone cycle. Sure enough, four weeks ago I also had a 1.6 loss.

She also told me that I should try to stay under 40 total carbs (vs net carbs) for the day for the best losses. Also that it might help to alternate days when I have a restricted item. I am going to try that this week.

I have started reading a new best seller book, Jillian Michaels Metabolism Makeover. It is really good and full of great info. The way she counsels to eat for a heathly life is very similar to what we are to do when our losing phase is over. Eat closer to the vine, less process food and more protein. I am not done with the book, and there are some differences, but I was happy to get a confirmation that our lifestyle is a great one to keep our weight in a healthy range long term.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #134  

Quote:

:congrat :

CONGRATULATIONS KRIS!!!! That's awesome, amazing, fantastic news!! Good for you, you deserve it
Old 04-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
MysticalMamma- Congrats! That's a milestone I am aiming for too.

Deinekatze- Wow close to an 8. I can only hope!

Chelle- I loved hearing your story of love and hope. It lifted my day!

I want to share the information I got yesterday from my coach. I lost 1.6 for the week, which is low for me. She said that she had just been to training and asked about women who have had a hysterectomy (like me), and the week every four where they lose less. She was told that the effect of the hormones on weight loss is the same for such a woman as if she was actively having a period. You still hormone cycle. Sure enough, four weeks ago I also had a 1.6 loss.

She also told me that I should try to stay under 40 total carbs (vs net carbs) for the day for the best losses. Also that it might help to alternate days when I have a restricted item. I am going to try that this week.

I have started reading a new best seller book, Jillian Michaels Metabolism Makeover. It is really good and full of great info. The way she counsels to eat for a heathly life is very similar to what we are to do when our losing phase is over. Eat closer to the vine, less process food and more protein. I am not done with the book, and there are some differences, but I was happy to get a confirmation that our lifestyle is a great one to keep our weight in a healthy range long term.
I am still confused on total carbs and net carbs . Does Fit day tell us our net carbs or our total carbs . Im not to smart about all this stuff . Help ! Please !
Closed Thread