General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-24-2004, 07:06 AM   #151  
Long Lost Chickie

Well hello there! Thanks for the PM Tiger, that was really sweet. And thank you all for your concern. Usually, I check in even if I can't post. But I've been off the boards lately.

No, I didn't go to Vegas and hit bit. Truth is we had to cancel our Vegas trip.

Yes, I did quit my job. I gave my 2 weeks' notice and then didn't feel right about taking vacation in the middle of it all! Good news is I got a better job. You all know how much I hated my job and how much of a my boss is. Well, the new job (I start May 3) is a small company, less than a mile from my house (!!) and very relaxed. It's only slightly less money than I'm making now but it's a 35-hour week.

Rich has been behind me a million percent but I'm totally stressed out. (Hey, it's what I do. ) My boss is making my life a living h*ll while I'm still there. He's obviously mad at me and acting like a 2-year-old. Even though I'm supposed to stay until April 30, I told the HR lady that if he continues acting like he is, I'm gonna be out of there a lot sooner. So I've been furiously cleaning out my files and my computer. You acquire a lot of "stuff" over 14 years with a company.

Needless to say, my weight loss efforts have been seriously lacking. I still go to Curves 2-3 times a week. I still go to WW weigh-in weekly, although the numbers on the scale haven't been great. I'm hanging in there.

Actually, I was going to post several times but I was waiting for someone to change the March thread to an April thread! Then I thought about doing it this morning but figured we might as well wait and start a May thread next weekend. Then I promise to check in more often. Well, I was told I'm not allowed to surf at my new job but I'll have to make it a point to poke in here and get some good weight loss vibes from you guys. Pretty please?

So that's my story. Still hoping to make it to Vegas sometime this year. Making it my latest mini-goal and now really will have time to lose, oh, 20 pounds before we go.

Gotta go now. Curves awaits. Then it's off to my brother's wedding! Hoping the rain holds off for him. See, life goes on.

Talk to you all again.
Jello
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:34 PM   #152  

Jello - Congrats on finally throwing in the towel with that nasty boss and finding a new job. In the long run, you'll be doing yourself a big favor. Sorry about having to cancel the Vegas trip - but you may have really hit the jackpot right at home. Don't worry about the weight thing right now - get settled in your new job and you may find it a lot easier to lose.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #153  

Dyan: Hope your yard sale went great and you made lots and lots of money. I haven't had a yard sale in years. I used to have one everytime Jack would get transferred and clean out stuff so there wouldn't be so much stuff to move.

Jello: Yeah for you and your new job. I think you are right and I wouldn't just tell the HR person, I would go straight to him and tell him to lay off to his face or you are walking and make sure you leave him jammed up when you do! Jerk! No one has the right to treat someone like you have put up with all these years! The weight loss thing will come back when your stress level is back to where it should be and even will probably get really good! I cannot tell you how much I loved Vegas and we are all ready planning a trip for fall of 2005 so I hope you can go soon!

We have been painting fools. We finished downstairs bathrooom, I am about halfway done with the cabinets and countertops in the kitchen then I can give my kitchen a really good cleaning, we worked all weekend on the upstairs hallway getting it painted and then put up the chair rail wallpaper yesterday. I am enclosing a pic of it. We have cathedral ceilings above the stairs so that was tough for Jack to paint. It was hard on his arms and back to paint with an extension and then he had to go back and trim it out with the extension too.

Well, I need to skeddaddle and go down and start my painting assignment for today. I break it up into days so I don't get too tired.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:21 AM   #154  

Hi! In a hurry to get out the door, but wanted to stop in real quick. Gotta keep up on my reading.

I'm glad all our peeps are coming back!
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:18 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Faye: Made over $100 for the day. That was nice, thanks for asking. It went towards, diapers, t.p. and paper towels, oh and a roach motels and fogger!!

Jello: Congrats on new job.

I've been under boocoo stress lately. The landlord has been the biggest prick. I can't really go into it right now. I'd be on all night. But today the electrician was here (we haven't had lights in our kitchen since March), when he turned on the dining room light, sparks were dancing in the glass thing that covers the light bulbs. He did it a few times and it kept happening. So his partner went into the crawl space or whatever it is and we were told that literally the house was only hours away from burning to the ground!! Our landlord, the first time I ever talked to him was "Mr. Fix it yourself" guy. And as it turns out, he did the electrical himself. Again, there is a huge story behind all this, I have typed up our 30-notice, even though our lease isn't up until the end of July. I've been so upset that I have a serious rash, and my neck is killing me. I'll try to check in soon, but if not, know that I am packing to move, as now we have to be out by May 19th. A few short weeks away.
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:07 PM   #156  

Dyan: I sympathize with electrical stuff. We have had 3 big fires in the condos in about 2 years time all eletrical related so last fall all the condos had to be brought up to code and it cost like $1000 per person. The problem was insurance. We were not insured because of it and to make a long story short, people dragged their feet etc so our insurance is going to skyrocket now. Sorry about the moving situation, but believe me, seeing how it is, it will be for the best for you guys!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, I actually have a JOB interview on Friday. It is this big upscale eyewear gallery as they call it, expensive frames and custom made ones and they want a receptionist and someone they can train. I think it would be great and I talked to the woman for about 20 minutes and thought that part of it went well.

Going to Chucky Cheese with the grandson tomorrow. Good thing I hate their nasty pizza! Think I will sneak in some fruit because their salad bar is lousy and expensive.

Hope everyone is staying op today!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:08 PM   #157  

Faye, let us know how the interview went? I'll say a prayer and cross my fingers too!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:38 AM   #158  

Ladies, have you all deserted me? Where have you gone - summer isn't even here.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #159  

Friday Dance anyone?

Life is nuts right now. The new job...even though it's only part time...plus Curves and for my boys....soccer, baseball, weight training and track. Throw some yard mowing on top and I don't know if I'm coming or going.

But, I'm sticking to my Curves routine and eat'n "ok". Down 6.5 since starting Curves. Aunt Flo is here now, so looking forward to seeing my weight in a couple days.

Hope everyone is op and doing great!
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote