General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:25 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey Ladies,

Can only drop by for a minute. DH is gone and it's just me and the rugrats...so far so good.

As of thursday I am an official member of Curves. I even went on Friday. I was able to get 20 curve bucks by bringing in another bag of food on Friday. I love the fact that you can't buy their shirts, water bottles, etc....but that you have to earn Curve bucks to get them. I'm hoping to get there in the morning, but at this point, it's up to whomever (mom, sister or sister) is willing to watch the kids. I went about 10am the last few times and there was may be 2 other people there. I try to beat the lunch rush.

As of Monday morning, I will be back on track. I have a new short term goal. I want to knock my DH's socks off when he comes home, not sure when that will be, sometime next month I hope. Just by feeling better about myself, I know that I will carry myself well.

well gotta go.....Oh side note, DS is a potty training machine!! Been training for 5 days, and already he's a super star. Has only had 1 accident a day!! WHOHOO....he'll be 3 next weekend, and I hope to get him on the "big people potty", and not the potty chair, by then.
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:47 AM   #62  

Monday Funday.

Dyan - Hooray for potty training!!! You are doing awesome on your own so far - I'm proud of you! Don't get overwhelmed and everything else falls into place, eh?

Tory - Congrats on entering Onederland!

Tiger - You rock, woman! Hope your magic worked on the weekend.

Jello - Well, the "supervibes" took the weekend off. I was
T I R E D and rested a lot, weather was also creepy and aunt flo came to town so I laid low. BUT, it's a new week and I'm ready to keep doing good for myself. Getting the period is like a big speed bump. Get past it, keep moving - that's the only strategy.

OK, well I suppose they pay me to DO something here!

~~~~~~~
Cafe976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:58 PM   #63  

Man, I have got to get better control here! Sorry I have been so absent. but brother have I been busy all last week. Between eye doctor, zoo with T, still working on stuff for the Vegas trip, I don't seem to be doing anything but spinning my wheels lately. I am getting to the gym everyday or twice a day depending if Jack goes in the afternoon or not.

Let's see, my opinion about Martha Stewart. I think she did it, but I don't think they have anything but heresay evidence so she shouldn't be convicted of anything and I DON'T think it has anything to do with her products so I think it is crappy if people stop buying them. Personally, I think she is a Leona Helmsly type and I can't stand her, but Jack had a good point. A man wouldn't have gotten this kind of treatment. Women still are B's when it comes to business if they are tough.

Hope everyone is getting over the flu and colds stuff. We have been lucky that I guess our flu shot this year is keeping us from getting sick.

I DO NOT ENVY THE POTTY TRAINING! I was at the Dr's last week with Jack and they had the television playing this health channel junk and on it was this video about teaching your kids about potty training. What the heck happened with the good ole "sink the Cheerios" method??????

I have put on a bunch of lbs over the last 2 months so am cracking down hard on myself again. Funny, I have no problem with the water or exercise, but do with my eating program so it is back to square one for me!

Well, I need to go and get some stuff done. Check back soon

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #64  

Hey All!

Faye, glad you stopped by. I was wondering what happened to you. I can see myself having the same problem....willing to exercise, but hard to control food. I've been trying really hard to keep the bad foods out of the house.
I did have Burger King over the weekend, but that only happens once every few months so no beating myself up for that.

I went to Curves a little earlier this morning. It was packed...but still room for me to hope in. I was next to a 75 year old woman who had more energy than everyone there! They had an oldies CD playing and she was singing along, dancing. Very impressive.

Jello, what kind of music does your Curves play? The oldies are playing every time I go, but wonder if it's just what they play in the morning. I like the oldies, but would also like them to change it up a bit. Variety!
Did you get the cabinets for your yellow room? We didn't work on the downstairs. DH got sick. So much for my magic powers.

I'm off to stir up some lunch before the "eat whatever" monster strikes.
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #65  
Long Lost Chickie

My weekend started good. Trip to get cabinets for the yellow room and a stop for some shopping at factory outlets. Light breakfast. Subway veggie sub for lunch. Diet soda only at the VFW.

Then Saturday night and Sunday came along....

Boy, Cafe, you weren't kidding about those supervibes being absent! Sunday, I was a not-so-lean, eating machine! Rich learned, don't ask me how, that a whole pizza costs less than just ordering a couple slices for each of us. It wasn't pretty.

So it's not looking good for tomorrow night's weigh-in. Hm, do you think I'll have to give back my 10 lb. ribbon? But at least I'm back on track today.

Faye, I'm glad to hear from you.

Tiger, I don't think my Curves has ever played the same music twice! Well, that's not exactly true but it usually depends on who's working that day. If it's the young girl, it's more modern stuff. If it's the older lady... well, you get the idea. And they rotate shifts too so it doesn't matter what time or day I go in. Anyway, all the songs have that same beat so I haven't found one I can't "exercise to".

Dyan, our Curves actually did away with the Curves Cash because not too many people took part. They still sell the stuff but you pay "real cash" for it. Now they also have a weekly raffle for other things. And they have trivia questions too. I don't know what you win for that because ... hey, I never seem to know the answer!

Well, I have to go. Been interrupted a dozen times and can't even quite remember what I'm talking about. Talk to you all later!
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:13 PM   #66  
on my way down!

Well happy monday all

I have had a busy day at work and eaten chocloate cake TWICE! but came home and have done 40 mins aerobics i feel better now!

Jello...Good Luck at tomorows weigh in!!

Dyan...sounds though your son is doing ace!! great stuff!!

Hope everyone else is ok
Toryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:17 PM   #67  

Hi all!
Things are going so-so around here. I did manage a 'no thanks' on the chocolate cake Sunday....though there was a cooky incident, so am not totally blameless. I can usually take care of the water and the eating (especially during the week), but the exercise part is my failing. Maybe a break in the weather soon will get me outdoors and working in the gardens!

Dyan.....don't envy you as a (temporary) single Mom....really impressed that, in addition to all of that, you are setting weight/exercise goals too! And congrats on the potty training episode....and that's another thing I never want to have to do again

Faye.....good to see you ! Missed not seeing you around.....but I do understand how busy one can get! Life is what happens when you're making other plans!

Tory.....congrats on your entrance into onderland.....you're on your way!

The weather here is still crappy......in the mid30s today.....cold tonight.....maybe some snow Wednesday......(sigh). Guess I will go look at my gardening catalogs and start dreaming....
Have a great week!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:27 AM   #68  

Hi Ladies, and thanks so much for all the potty training comments!! Hey, I totally forgot about the sinking the Cheerios idea, I'll have to try that next!! Thanks for the reminder.

Jello ~ I guess they have enough people, doing the bucks thing. Last week it was crazy socks week and people were actually wearing some strange socks. Okay, I hope it was for the bucks and not their real "everyday" sock! . I did come to the realization that I have gotten rather boring. Not a pair of "crazy" socks in the bunch. Just boring white or black. What happened to me? used to own some crazy socks! I know have something green to wear on Wednesday, to get the bucks. I tell ya, I love it. If you go three times in a week, you get 3 bucks, so that's not too bad.

Cafe ~ I hear ya about Aunt Flo. Expecting her anyday now....it's such a bummer. I wished that when you get your tubes tied, that it would put an end to that. But ah....no such luck. Thank you for the encouraging words. I guess I'm doing okay w/ the kids, because I know it's not a permanent thing.

Tig ~ Now that you mentioned it, I have no idea what type of music they play over here. I guess I'm too busy talking to the people that work there to even notice!

Tory and the rest of you ladies, I am trying to get your names down and do so enjoy seeing you here. I used to hang out here, back in 2002. I had my gall bladder removed and lost all motivation, then turned up pregnant in 2003 (with my 4th and last child!!) and now I'm back and trying to get the hang of all this again, so please excuse me, if I don't mention you by name YET (I'm working on it, I promise!).

So today was the first day back on program for me, and I feel great!! Did my curves thing, and ate right. I honestly need to get back into water mode. w/o my water bottle handy I totally suck at it. . So I plan to go buy one real soon.

Talked to DH today, and he sounds like he may be getting sick. Said he was in orientation all day and then 1/2 day tomorrow. He really misses us and I feel so bad. The other day I was wondering how MY car was (He took the car, and I have the van, so that I can transport all the rugrats). I was really missing my car. How sad is that? .

I'm wiped out. I hope you ladies have a great Tueday!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:03 AM   #69  
on my way down!

Morning everyone!!

MrsD...thanks! Im hoiping so it feel fantastic to finally be under 200lbs!!

Dyan...no problem im still trying to work out who are regular in this thread we will get there in time im sure!!

AF is also due here...or rather was due here 3 days ago and im so bloated!

Anyway its 7.02am here and im going to go walk to dogs and then head of for work!

Take care and have a nice day everyone, will catch you later!!
Toryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #70  

Hi all!
Did anyone happen to see Dateline the other night? They had the reunion weightloss people on. Some interesting stuff. MrsJim posted a recap of the show on the Maintainers Forum if anyone wants to check it out.

Dyan, I think if your Curves was playing MOONY, MOONY every time you went you would notice.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:42 PM   #71  

Tig: Boy I can tell you are young, it is "Mony Mony." You are talking about the Tommy James and the Shondells song, right????? As for Dateline, I saw it and it was kind of depressing because so many of them had slipped and I was hoping so much more for them. I hope next time they update they are doing better.

**SUGGESTION FOR YOU CURVE GIRLS** If you have someone that works there and is stuck in the same song decade all the time, invest in a small cd or cassette player and wear it and play what you like. They play pretty modern stuff at the Y and it is newsy etc and I AM a HUGE OLDIES FAN (Tig I would definitely LOVVVVVVEEEEEE your Curves) so I take my own stuff. Right now though, I am hooked on Rod Stewart's greatest hits. Only problem is I sing the D*#@^ stuff in my sleep and wake with "Will I See you Tonight, on a Downtown Train..." in my head! Jack just has to hope I don't dream "Tonight's the Night..." or I am afraid I would be waking him up in the middle of the night for illicite reasons!

Big Hi to the new ladies!!!!! I have been around for awhile, but lately been in and out infrequently.

Hotdog, I think my "Aunt Flo" is trying to leave and not come back or is at least making her visits short and sweet. It's about darn time, man. I think the one thing God could have done differently was to let US pull the plug when we wanted to instead of having to wait so long. I mean my youngest is almost 27 so I could have gone without her visits for all this time!

Dyan: Maybe you should try what I did. I was totally addicted to soft drinks and had to give them up totally! BUT, what I did was when I was or AM down on my water for the day, I don't allow myself anything else to drink but water until it is all in. In other words, no coffee, diet pop, juice or anything unless you have your water in. I used to not drink water AT ALL and now I drink it more than anything else for meals and everything. About the only thing I have otherwise is when we go to a restaurant I might have a diet coke, but always with a glass of water too or rarely but once in awhile have some orange juice for breakfast on the weekends. It really does work and you eventually get so used to water it you prefer it.

My new contacts were supposed to be ordered last Thurs and hopefully will be here today or tomorrow as these have to be thrown away on Wednesday night and I have no replacements so it would be back to glasses until they come in and my glasses are kind of OLD and old lady looking I think.

Jello: How is it going in your part of the world? Any snow? I heard a lot of up north got snow again. I just checked the weather channel for Las Vegas and it is in the high 80's and 90's for the next 10 days! I can't wait to be able to get into a pool again. You know me, I am the pool queen!

Have a great Tuesday ladies! Keep strong and remember to "Keep your mouth shut!" Today!
Old 03-16-2004, 01:23 PM   #72  

Mony, mony, Moony, moony. It all sounds the same after awhile. I actually like the oldies too, just hope they change it up a bit. Rod Stewart would be nice. There are a few portable cd players hanging around my house...I just wonder about skipping when I'm hop'n all over the place. Might have to give it a try.

I just got home from "jean shopping". Not a pretty picture. Didn't buy any. I guess I'll have to get by with what I have until I lose a few #'s, cuz nothing looked good...not even ok. I did buy a couple tshirts, kinda silky material. Pretty pink for spring and a white one. Now only if I had some pants to wear with them...
Old 03-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #73  

Tig: You need to get you some sexy white jeans or white style khakis to go with those t-shirts! You should damn the torpedos and just buy them! I am sure you would look adorable! Nothing is cuter than pink and white together! *BTW, just as some useless information for you to tuck in your head the next time you are one Who Wants to be Millionare or Jeopardy, Tommy James grew up in Niles, Michigan!

Later girlies!

Faye
Old 03-17-2004, 12:33 AM   #74  

Have curves tomorrow. Walked a mile today...and am still somewhat sane!!
Just checking in REAL QUICK....
Old 03-17-2004, 12:07 PM   #75  

Ok, gonna try this again. I posted earlier this morning and got an "invalid thread" error. Since when are we invalid?

I just got home from Curves. Gave myself a good workout. And, different music was playing! I bought the Curves Member Guide today. It was only $5. It has journal area and menus. Anything to help keep me focused!

Can you believe I forgot to have my kids wear GREEN today?! Hope they aren't too sore from getting pinched. Bad Momma Bear.

Faye, me in white pants. That aint gonna happen. I was being brave buying a white shirt. I guess living with all boys has rubbed off on me...dirt, food, whatever it is will end up on my clothes. How about some tan khaki's? I can do tan.