General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-11-2004, 09:34 AM   #46  

Good Morning All. So far, so good on getting back on track with low carbing. Still letting my hair grow, everyone has made comments that they haven’t seen me with my hair this long. When I saw DS this weekend, he said “Why is your hair so BIG.” I have a lot of hair but it’s sorta fine, if that makes sense, I’m was a 60’s teen so I don’t like FLAT hair.

Other DS has a CrossBow, couldn’t remember the name the other day but knew it was similar to the Bow Flex. He loves it, I’ve used it once, night before last, and will use it again tonight. I’m a firm believer in weight training, even using dumb bells/resistant bands are great for every woman. Anyway back to the CrossBow, you can hit every muscle in your body, I have to keep looking at the poster to remember what to do. I’m walking and get enough lower body exercise so I’m using it for upper body. Crunches, butterflies, side twist (don’t know what you call that move) overhead, etc every other night. It’s a big piece of equipment and takes up most of his bedroom, but it’s what he wanted.

We’ve had farmers in here lining up their fertilizer needs all week, gosh, I am not ready for this at all. If it keeps raining we will be working day and night to get caught up when it gets dry. I need to find a different job, one that’s more consistant in the work flow. Say one that I can do nothing and get big buck for………….Anyone know of that kind of opening?

Jello, get your wand back out and see if you can conjure up DNW and Faye. Where are ya’ll. Faye, tell us about your trip.

Guess I’d better get going, see ya later.
SEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:05 AM   #47  

Good Morning!

Way to Go MsRd! Glad you didn't let discouragement get the better of you.

This week's going fast. I always like that.

Tig - hoping that 2nd child gets well today so you can have your appointment tomorrow.

SEMO- Wow that crossbow thing sounds cool. I'm not sure where I would put one, but I'm not sure where I would put a son either so go figure.

OK, the music from my boss's office is totally stalling my thought process, need to plug myself in to my own tunes. HEY, ever heard of headphones? Guess people with doors don't have to think of that.

Ciao, bellas!
Cafe976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:02 PM   #48  

Whew, I took 2nd son to school at lunch time since he was feeling better. Now if they both make it all day and leave on the bus tomorrow morning...CURVES for Momma!
While I was at the school, I picked up a couple applications. One just to be a cafeteria sub. I heard they need one and I could do it for the rest of the school year. And another app to substitute teach...I'd like to do that next school year. I do have a college degree...just not in teaching. But I guess I just have to get a sub-certificate. Seems easy enough. The kids will probably eat me alive.

Hope eveyone is having a great day!
I'm going to stir up some lunch.
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:07 PM   #49  
on my way down!

hya everyone

Well after a busy day at work i came home and did 30 mins of my Aerobics work out video...also did 1 hour of it yesterday

Do you think that 30 mins each day would be enough to make a difference??...i just dont get the time todo the full hour every night!

Hope everyone is well with everyone! Hope you get to go to Curves Tigerlilly
Toryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:24 PM   #50  
Long Lost Chickie

Guess I'm a little late checking in today. Bossman is back from his trip and running around like a lunatic. Well, more so than usual. Ain't enough coffee in the world today!

Tory, I think 30 minutes a day is great! It's actually the whole idea behind the Curves concept here in the US. Workout is just 30 minutes from start to finish.

Tiger, drive them to the bus stop and push them aboard! Yeah, easy for childless me to say, right? Still, hope you get to Curves.

Semo, oooh nooo. It's not me with the "powers". That would be our own Tiger workin' her magic. Better check with her. I am not worthy!

But Semo's got a point. Whatever happened to those chickies!? Faye, you around? DNW? How 'bout you?

Cafe, I have to admit that I'm the one in this office with the radio. But I try to keep the volume down to a dull roar, I swear!

MsRD, welcome "home"! Good to have you back!

Well, you guys, I have to go. It is almost Friday, isn't it????
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:53 PM   #51  
on my way down!

ohh thanks Jello...was wondering what curves was! ok will keep that up then and yes its almost friday!! woooohooooooo!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:50 PM   #52  

Hate to burst any bubbles, but 30 minutes a day is for healthy, you need at least 1 hour for weight loss according to Heart Association and USFDA. This is the result of a new study and was published in New England Journal of Medicine a few months ago.
30 minutes will tone you and make you look better.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:53 PM   #53  
on my way down!

well i do 30 mins or Aerobics and then we walk our dogs for a further 30 mins or so but i only do 30 mind of focused Aerobics... I guess i will have to wait and see if there is any more loss on monday to see if it is working for me or not.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #54  
Long Lost Chickie

Really Quilter!? I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up! However, an hour a day is impossible for me. Ain't enough hours in a day. I'm hoping even the 30 minutes will do me some good!

Meanwhile...

Hey it's Friday! TGIF and all that. Boss called in that he's running late. (Oh, I'm so disappointed. ) Actually, it's been kinda quiet around here which is not a good thing. If I'm not busy, I get bored. And we all know what that can lead to.

Off to find myself a project of some sort. Hm, files could use a good clearing out...
Old 03-12-2004, 09:40 AM   #55  

You don't have to do an hour of strenuous exercise. Walking is good and gardening and that kind of stuff counts as well - in other words, get up and get moving. Supposedly they are going to include that in the new food pyramid in 2005.

I have been snowed under with work here - busines is booming, which is great, but I haven't had time to post.

Have a great weekend!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #56  

Happy Friday Everyone!

Re: Exercise, Anything is better than nothing! -that's my philosophy. If you do what you do and FEEL GOOD about it - and that will keep you coming back for more. For anyone who's a perfectionist like me, high expectations are a huge burden. Instead, I'm going to rejoice if I break into a sweat doing chores around the house for 20 minutes and be downright gleeful if I make time for a 30 minute workout. Fools paradise? OK!

I'm really thrilled at the weekend coming up. Of course, it'll probably snow again. Still, it's sunny today and it's Friday. My female boss surprised me yesterday with the nicest present. And I woke up today at 6 am in spite of the fact that I forgot to switch on the alarm clock last night. How cool is that?!

Tig, I'm sending you tons of curves vibes today!!

~~~~~~~~~
Cafe976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:26 PM   #57  

WooHoo!I'm a Curves girl now! Signed up today and had a great workout.
As for the time issue and Curves...they advertise a 30min workout. I guess that's if you do 2 laps around the circuit. I did 3 laps today, so that's 45min. Then there is stretching after that and for my cool down...walk down the plaza to the grocery store and do a few laps there push'n a cart.
I'm so excited and glad I finally did this for myself. *giddy*

Any big plans for the weekend out there? We have baseball signups and haircut appointments for the boys. And if I'm lucky, DH will want to work downstairs on the construction zone. He's been on a big "time out" from working down there and I'm starting to get a little stir-crazy over it.
If only my magic powers worked on men.

Old 03-12-2004, 03:18 PM   #58  
Long Lost Chickie

Woo Hoo! Look at Tiger go!! Good for you!!!

Cafe, I can feel all these positive vibes coming off your post! : You go girl!

I'm hitting Curves tonight myself. Don't wan't to miss it. But there's a girl here who's having a hysterectomy on Monday morning so a bunch of us are going out to a local pub to give her a send-off of sorts. Still, I've decided that I'm going to have one quick drink and then head off to Curves. How's that for dedication?

Tomorrow morning, it's off to the warehouse store about 80 miles from here to look at cabinets. We've decided to put a narrow counter and a few cabinets on the back wall of our dining room (you know, the yellow one! ). Just enough room for a toaster oven, coffee maker, etc. A little breakfast nook of sorts. Yeah, just what we need - another renovation project.

Hey, it'll keep me busy.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:24 PM   #59  

Where'd everybody go?

I'm still on my Curves High.
Dyan, did you get to go yet?

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend. I probably wont be back until Monday. The men people are 'puter hogs on the weekends.

Old 03-13-2004, 06:56 AM   #60  
on my way down!

hi everyone, hope your all having a great weekend! Im finally in ONEderland as per my weigh in this morning!!! wooohoooooo

Tiger thats great...makes you feel good huh?!!