General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-21-2004, 02:47 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello.... Is there an echo in here?

I FINALLY got my 'puter up and running, YEEHAW!!

Faye: Your dress was beautiful!! We're going to a wedding in Lake Tahoe at Ceasar's and I have no desire to go look for something to wear. Feeling "Really" fat right now! monthly visitor is here.

Cafe: Would love to see a pic from your Vegas trip!

Tiger....Jello.....everyone else.....where you be?

Nothing exicting on my end of the world. Found cockroaches in my garage and am scred to death to go in there. I went and bought rubber gloves, because I didnt even want to touch the bug spray can I bought w/ my hands!! HA

Okay, so here's a little something from the mouths of babes!

I yawned and Cheyenne (5 yrs old) says, "Mommy when I grow up will I grow metal teeth too?" (damn fillings...)

Then.....

I was trying to explain to my 2 year old (Kaleigha) that daddy is in Utah. Here's how it went....

Me: Daddy's in Utah
Kalei: MYtah?
Me: No, Utah.
kalei: MEtah?
Me: no YOUtah.
Kalei: MEtah.
So I'm going to turn it around.
Me: MEtah
Kalei: MOMMYtah.
Me: AAHHH forget it!

It's late I'll check in tomorrow.
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:45 AM   #137  

Mommytah That's too funny.

Faye, what kind of remodeling are you doing?

MsRD, so you are going to have three extra men in your house? You are a brave woman.

Bright, how's the puppy? Is she back to walking you? Am I remembering right...this wasn't suppose to be your pup, was it?

Lots of blooms and buds here too. I have some unidentified bushes that smell wonderful. There is one near the house and the smell blows in.

I've been sticking to my Curves routine and adding some walking during the young'ns soccer practice. I don't know why I ever quit exercising. It makes me feel so much better. Eating still continues to be a challenge. I do pretty good up until late afternoon and supper time. But, I'm working on it and not giving up!

Adding Curves, soccer and a part time job has really livened up my schedule. I'm no longer laying around eating bonbons watching soaps. Ha.
I have a mountain of laundry calling my name.
Chat with you all later!
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #138  

Hello, ladies, hopefully I'm back. My new computer crashed when it was only 2 weeks old so have spent the last 3 days getting it fixed and everything reinstalled yet again and trying to catch up on my work.

We went from cool to hot - high 80s already. Azelas are blooming and everything is green. I love spring!

Just when I thought the weather had turned and I could - and did - start walking again, I developed bursitis in my hip so now I'm supposed to rest it for 3 weeks and I got a cortisone shot that is starting to help. I'm telling you, exercise is a killer!

Sticking to my eating plan pretty well, allowing myself the occasional treat once a week.

Well, back to doing some real work! Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:38 AM   #139  

Susan: You take care of yourself. My husband developed bursitis way back when he was aboard ship from walking on the steel decks and he tells me the pain is incredible. He described it as feeling your hip is out of joint and if you could just pop it back it in it would feel better, but of course it isn't and you can't. Just take it easy until the doc says it is ok to resume.

Dyan: Kids are so adorable but that was like "who's on first" the old vaudeville routine!

Tig: We living in a condo, we can't tear down walls, but we are more like redecorating. We finished the downstairs bath, but have discovered the toilet is leaking so probably the wax seal has to be replaced! UGH! We painted the room aqua and the counter and cabinet a dark shade of the same color and I bought a new antique light fixture and switchplates and such. We are painting, and wallpapering the dining room. It is going to be a buttercup yellow with the only solid wall being wallpapered in sunflowers and then a sunflower border around the top of the room. I bought new placemats that are yellow with a tiny border of sunflowers and leaves then bought solid green napkins that match the green and gold mesh napkin rings and sunflower chairpads to match everything. I bought these really cute valances that are green and cream striped with big white buttons at the gathers (got them at Lowes of all places for $5 a set!). I am repainting my kitchen cabinets to bright white as I bought all new appliances and dumb me bought white instead of that buff color or whatever that off white color is. I am touch up painting in there to give it a fresh look, which is what I am working on now. I finished painting the trim in the upstairs bath lavender to match the wallpaper in there and my bath rugs etc, then the stairs/hall area upstairs is being painted a lighter shade of the buttercup from downstairs and I have this gorgeous wallpaper border with victorian houses on it that I am putting up as a chair rail in the hall. We still have tons and tons of stuff to do, like replacing all the mini blinds, replacing all the flooring etc, but that is all going to have to wait for awhile as we are OUT OF MONEY! Aren't you sorry you ask what I was doing??????

I gotta get going, get chores done and get out and exercise.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:09 AM   #140  

Faye, could you come and do my house? I'm going to redo our home office and my sewing room, actually switching the rooms. My husband is good at supervising the job and running to HQ and Lowes. I'm making roman shades for my sun room. His idea is to paint everything white. I'm getting colors and that's that. Never thought about getting curtains at Lowes but you can bet I'll be checking them out!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:16 AM   #141  

Hey all! I crawled out of my pile of work yesterday and then spent the afternoon looking at houses on the internet. Why? I don't know!

MsRD - Oh, company! Have fun with those guys but don't let them run you ragged. I always feel good after company because my house is cleaner. Hang in there!

Faye - I have never been downtown Vegas. I'm kind of glad, at the moment! My favorite drink is the bellini that they make in the Bellagio Cafe (off the conservatory, overlooking the pool). I have had other bellinis that disappointed me - theirs is like magic. They make it with champagne and white peach puree. But every place has it's drink, you know? I mean, I never drink Mai Tai's at home but in Hawaii I have to have one daily.

Lots of energy involved in all that remodeling! Wshew! I do one thing every few months and call it good. Like I just bought a dish - a rectangular platter that fits perfectly in the deep window ledge in the far end of my shower and looks decorative and way better than the yucky ledge. And I'm like: WOW! I fixed up the bathroom. LOL. I think I still have remodeling burnout from 2001.

Dyan - Thank God your computer works again! Roaches - yow. Feel good that you're too far north for the bigass flying kind. Get out there and kill those *******s! Kids are so cute.

Hey Tig - what does your magic tell you about Jello?? I as going to tell you not to use it anymore because it made everyone disappear. OTOH, the damage wasn't permanent. Anywho, I'm worried about Jlo because she ALWAYS posts. You don't think she quit her job finally, do ya?

Quilter - sorry to hear about the hip! Glad spring is treating you nicely this year. Azaleas are my mom's favorite.

OK, long and rambling today - gotta go get something done.
Cafe976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 AM   #142  

Cafe, I was wondering where Jello was too. She's been our thread starter lately. Do you all realize we are still posting on a March Thread?!

I weighed myself this morning. Down another 2lbs, 6 total since starting Curves. I guess I wont panic too much about my eating until the weightloss stalls.
I got my hair cut yesterday....but not 2lbs worth.
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #143  

The last time Jello posted she said she was saving up to go to Vegas at the end of the month...maybe she went sooner and hit it big and went to a spa and doesn't need us anymore! We've got to find her soon.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:17 AM   #144  

Oh my gosh!! What a day! My back is killing me! I was out in the garage until 10:00pm, and I'm still NOT done. And let me just say......that stupid roach spray is worthless. Guranteed to kill on contact ~ my ***!! However I DID find something that works beautifully. Wasp and Hornet spray! Kills 'em 5 seconds after contact!! Yippee, skippee....

Went to Curves and got my T-shirt...I was very happy about that.

I feel like I'm drowning and can't come up for air. We are having a housing inspection tomorrow and last time she was here she said that the garage was too full....hence me being out there w/ the headlights from the car on. (Also, since finding those dangblasted things, I will not turn off the garage light. It's too scary!). Okay Cafe, I just about had a heartattack, when you mentioned "Flying" roaches. My skins all goosebumpily just thinking about it. Anyhoo, this is also the last weekend of the city taking ALL the crap you don't want/need (you know, couches, fridge, the big stuff.) so I'm also trying to get all that stuff out of the garage. Then we're also having a city-wide yard sale on Saturday. So needless to say, my house is tore up from the floor up! I've got piles of stuff to get rid of, and the first to go is, all maternity clothes! HA!! been there, done that, and good riddance.

Crap I'm tired, I better hit the hay, cause I got to get up early and get things done before the inspection!
Old 04-22-2004, 11:18 AM   #145  

Dyan - I am changing your name to Dynamo! What else can I say but wow! You are awesome. It will feel SO good to get rid of all that stuff, instead of moving it. :

Thinking of you out there with the spray makes me think of my little Sims. Anyone out there ever played the Sims? <They do NOT like spraying the roaches and they say ew! yuck! bleh! Lol.. But the roaches totally freak them out, so the only other way is if they can hire a maid to do the spraying.>

OK, does anyone have an email address for Jello? Maybe from sending out recipes or anything? I'm officially worried.

Tig - Yay for the losses! Good going.

Quilter - if she struck it rich she is in BIG TROUBLE for not taking us to the spa with her.
Cafe976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #146  

Good morning ladies! I was out walking and just barely made it back before the thunderstorm hit. Sheesh that would be great. I could just see the papers, "Fat old woman victim of lightening while trying to exercise!"

We miss you Jello and want you back back back! We miss you Carol, too!

Dyan: Do you know you can buy roach traps where you aren't spraying chemicals? The things crawl into the boxes and die and you just toss the boxes away. Hubby could do that for you and they aren't really expensive. When we lived in base housing in Virginia eons ago, we had roaches so bad and I used those because we had little kids and pets and nothing was working including them spraying professionally every 3 months. You can also use those bombs where you set it off and it pretty much fills the garage with pesticide. You would need to move your vehicles and anything that could be damaged by the spray but they work well too. Just don't do what this Hispanic couple in, I think it was CA did and not read the directions (they couldn't read English I understand and didn't ask anyone for help) They set off 20 of them in a house about 1000 sq feet and it blew the house up totally to the ground boom!

I cleaned the upstairs today and am not quite done. I took a break as it is really very very humid here already and I was drenched in sweat. All I have to do is vacuum so I will do that when I get finished here then go downstairs and decide if I want to paint some today. Maybe I will do some of the easier stuff because yesterday was a KILLER!

Everybody have a great day and I will talk with you later.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:40 AM   #147  

Hey Cafe and Faye!

You know what Faye? It never occured to me to buy those hotel things! I swear, my head muxt be on backwards, because I can never do the easy thing, always the most complicated or difficult. DH is in Utah, so it's all me. Luckily, I don't have to worry about getting cpray in the house, as I have to go outside to get to the garage. Cafe, I've heard of SIMS, but never knew exactly what was going on, so now you gotta be kiddin me....they actually have to kill roaches.....eeeeewwwww.....

I like Dynamo!! I refuse to keep moving crap from place to place and decided that this is the last move, for most of it. Also, told DH that we will be having another yard sale before we move, next month. I would sell the stuff on Saturday, but don't think we could survive a month without the dining room table or desk, etc...

So, had the inspection this morning. It was easy really. The guy walked in and I told him that nothing got done, except for the garage. He said "sign here" and that was that. I did however, ask what would happen next, to which I am still not sure. I was so embarrassed! Cheyene kept talking, while we were talking and then when the man tried to leave, she locked him in the house. Not only did she lock the door, her and brother both put chairs in front of the door and sat there. I could have friggin died. I was so, so embarrassed. I felt like I should have had a sign on my forehead that said "My kids don't get out much, so please excuse them"! UGH!!

Okay, some kind of bell keeps going off about every 5 minutes and I don't know where it's coming from. I need to find it and then head to bed. Taking ALL the rugrats to the mall tomorrow. I guess I love misery....

Tig: CONGRATS on the loss!!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:52 PM   #148  

Wow, time for the weekend yet again! Time sure flies. Get to clean house and do laundry tomorrow - I'm so excited - and then go to the grocery store. But then I'll not have to do anything major on Sunday so I can spend some time quilting. Have my meals all planned for next week and the grocery list ready so I should do okay. I'm feasting on strawberries every chance I get right now.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #149  

WOOHOO!
I have been cleaning like a madwoman to get ready for our houseguests....the guest room had become a catch-all, so really needed to be shovelled out We had originally planned to have this visitor later in the summer, but things got slow where he worked and the boss offered time time off, etc ,etc......and my spring cleaning got bumped up to NOW! So.....between now and Sunday afternoon.....I just have to do some vacuuming, dusting, maybe wash a couple windows, grocery shop, clean the old pop cans out of the backseat of my car and take the dog to the vet. Shouldn't be a problem, unless the DH wants to help...

Dyan....you don't suppose you could come up for the afternoon and whip things around here into shape, do you? DYNAMO!! Loved the story about your munchkins locking the house inspector in the house ....would love to read his report!

Quilter......mouth is just watering thinking of those fresh strawberries We used to have our own strawberry patch......maybe it is time to put another one in this year!

Faye....WOW....when you redecorate, you really take on the whole job I thought I was doing good to pick out the paint color for the half-bath..... have had the paint chip taped to the bathroom wall for the last year and a half! Can't be rushing into these things you know
Well.....rest time is over.......with enough vitamins and caffeine, this next week will be a snap
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 02:14 AM   #150  

MsRD~ I'd be there in a second if that meant a break from the kidrens! love'em to death, but man can they get on a nerve. Which my mother told me I STILL do to her (get on her nerves, that is). She hates that when I get a bug up my butt, I don't care how it effects anyone else ( Note: I don't beleive this to be true!)....for example, we shared a storage unit and I got the bug to go through it and get rid of stuff. I didn't expect her to go through her stuff too, but she took it that way and got mad. But in the end, it took us a day and it was done. 'nough said. If I wait for others it won't get done. ya know? I just had a thought. As much as my kids are getting on my nerves, I just have to remember that one day, I will be able to repay the favor, HA!!

Got 3 hours of sleep last night, so I'm functioning on pure fumes. Oh, found out what the "bells" from last night were. Hehe, I recently got a new cell phone and it was telling me that the batteries were low, hhmmm, go figure.

I am so not looking forward to tomorrow! Its going to be awul. I can tell. My sister and I finally decided that we wanted to have everything up and ready to sell by 9 a.m. Since we're doing it at her house (better location, I live on a cul-de-sac, and she lives on a corner lot), I have to first take the kids over there and drop them off, then probably take 2 loads of stuff over there. Then I've got to pack up all the kids and take Cheyenne to ballet at 10am, then my sister has a birthday party to go to at 2pm, so it ought to be fun. My other sister has to be at work at 1pm, so she won't be much help. My mom's been a real pain lately so I don't know how much help she's going to be. Because once we're done selling, I'll have to lug everything we don't sell back to the house and then go back and get the kids. I'm tired just thinking about it. I've priced most of the stuff, just have to do the baby clothes....so I can use some "get through it" vibes. man, I miss DH!!

Told my sister that w/ the money we make from the sale, I would help pay for my nephew's birthday party. Her DH didn't put it into their budget. To say she was pissed, would be an understatement. I on the other hand don't have a budget, I really NEED one, but oh well. I've got $5 to last for 2 weeks....Don't really need anything but t.p. and papertowels.

okay, I just reread that last paragragh and decided that it's time for me to get off this thing. I've rambled on more than enough.

Hope everyone has GREAT weekend.