General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Cafe ~ It's okay if you laugh , my family and friends do it ALL the time. They tell me it's the way I say it, and not so much that it's funny. When I was telling them about my worst Valentines Day ever (Years and years ago), alot of them had tears in their eyes, because the way I was saying it was so darn funny! , Go figure!! Sorry to hear about the snow. It was pretty hot here today, hot enough to put the rugrats into shorts.

Jello ~ One of the guys I used to work w/ would call me over to his desk every Monday morning and ask me how my weekend was. Even though a weekend could have been pretty uneventful in my book, he would think it was very amusing and told me that I could have my own sitcom. Trouble always had a way of finding me. I swear, I never went looking for it . I am so envious of your great weekend. Like Tig, I've been eating like it;s my last supper.

Tig ~ how do you handle the food sitch? It drives me bonkers ! I hope you can make it to your Curves appt. I have my appt on Wednesday. By the way, yes they are also doing the bring a bag of food promotion, this week. i am still trying to rope people into watching the rugrats 3 times a week. I got one of sister's to help me out on Wednesdays. I think I can talk my mom into helping me on Mondays, and I have a friend whose son goes to school a few blocks from my house and she doesn't work on Fridays, so I'm going to work on her. Turn on the charm....

Crap, gotta run, Zoey is fussing.
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:57 AM   #32  
on my way down!

hello, I dont fit into any of the catagories like WW or anything like that i am just being old fashioned and eating less/low calorie and more excersize So i hope its ok if i stop by here!
Toryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #33  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello all from the good girl! Still behaving and wondering about tonight's weigh-in. Send luck girls. I could still blow this.

Tory, welcome. Of course it's OK if you stop in. Stay awhile! We're a good bunch. I see you're in the UK. I've been to England twice and to Scotland last year. Love love love it over there! BTW, like your sig line. Sounds almost like mine. Uh, what's the big day next May? I'm guessing....

Gee, Dyan. Maybe you could write books? Or comedies? When you're rich and famous, remember us OK?

Good luck to the new and upcoming Curves ladies. You'll love it, I just know. I still do. I admit there are times when I just don't wanna go but I do becuase I know I should. It helps to know it's only 30 minutes and I feel so much better when I've done it!

Too many interruptions this morning so I'd better go before I start to ramble... which is something I never ever do. Can't believe it's snowing outside my window after temps in the mid-60's last week. Ah well. Spring's coming ... isn't it? My little crocuses are so very confused.

Later!
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #34  

Good Morning Girlies and a GREAT BIG WELCOME TO TORY! I decided to pop on for just a minute so maybe I won't get nailed for being here. I'm not too busy this morning so I'm just setting here having my morning brew. I'm officially RE-starting my low carb diet this morning. Susan you are my inspiration Girl.

So what did you all think about the Martha Stewart thing. She's not a favorite of mine but looked as if they were out to set an example with her. Lesson being don't screw with OUR money either.

Jello good luck on the weigh in

Wish we had a curves near me, sounds like fun. DS bought a bowflex type rig, he's going to show me how to use it.

Guess I'd better get to work.

Love all the new smilies.
SEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:40 AM   #35  

I would like to Join you. I am doing my own thing, tried them all. I have lost about 19 lb's so far and holding my weight. Sometimes I bounce up and down a pound. Today I am starting my thing of eating fewer calories. I have type 2 diabetes, so have to watch my bg too. I really think that If I lose down 30 more pounds or so my blood sugar readings will be okay, as I am not real bad. I weigh around 179, depends on my scale or Doc's scale. I am 5'4" tall.

I Just found this forum, and really like it.
I know we can do this girl's,
Shirl
Shirl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #36  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello Shirl! Welcome. This is a good place to be.

Me personally, I go to Weight Watchers. Rejoined back in December for the time. It's been ssssllllloooooowwww but I'm hangin' in there.

And speaking of hanging in there, girls, today's been pretty miserable around here. Wet snow, then rain, then more snow... It's gray and ugly and cold. And we all know how Jello loves winter weather.

Not!

Does spring really take longer to come each year or is it just me getting old?

Don't answer that.

Well, stomach's growling. It's about that time of day. Hey, do you guys have Giant food stores? They have their own brand of light hamburger, hot dog and sandwich rolls. Very tasty and only 1 WW point each. One of those with fat free turkey slices, lots of lettuce, tomatoes and spicy mustard and maybe a pickle or two. Light lunch!

OK, now my stomach's hollering ... loudly. Gotta run!
Old 03-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #37  

Hi Welcome Tory and Shirl!

Semo, interested to hear how you like the bowflex. They look simple, but doubt that is the case.

Jello, I hope your week OP pays off at tonights weigh-in.

Dyan, when you join Curves are you going monthly? Just occured to me if you move it wouldn't make sense to join yearly. Do they do monthly?

No Curves for me today. Youngest son stayed home sick, then to top it off, had to pick up the oldest early from school for a sore throat. I made another appointment at Curves for Friday. Boys better be healthy and back at school by then!

Faye, Faye, come out and play!

Tory and Shirl, you'll have to tell us more. Married? Kids? Work?

Oh, and one more thing. Last night we had geese in the pond and this morning there were ducks! I was so excited! Now if we could just get grass planted around it so it doesn't look like the biggest mudd hole ever.

Later!
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #38  
on my way down!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jello...The big day is my wedding Day I am very excited and im sure you will be sick and tired of hearing about it soon!!

SEMO...thanks for the welcome!

Shirl...Welcome to you too!!

Tigerlilly...You wanted to know a little about me...im 21 and am getting married may 7th Next year, we dont have any children yet although we do have two babies (our 2 retired greyhounds!) and i work with children aged 18 months-2 years in a day nursery My finace and i have been together for 3 years and we bought a home together last may!

Thats me!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #39  

Angry

Thank you Tory, Jello, Tigerlilly, Sema,
May have missed someone, but Hi to everyone and thank's for the welcome.

I am married 3 kids, 4 grandkids, 1 dog.
From S.E. Kansas.

Love decorating old houses and spoiling my grandkids.

Nuf of that. I want to be healthly and see some great Grandkids someday.

Nice weather here in Kansas. My Sis came today, we went out to eat and tryed to stay on my diet, but think I went a little overboard. Back on track tomorrow, so I won't beat myself up about it.
Have a great evening girl's,
Shirl
Shirl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:30 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

HOLA To all the newbies, Tori & Shirl!! and all the regs too!!

Had to cancel my Curves appt., for tomorrow , haven't gotten any moola yet, so I changed my appt to Thursday. Tig, I will be paying monthly, and when I move, they said I'll need to fill out transfer papers and they'll transfer all my info out to Utah. I know they have them out there I just have to find one near me, or else tell Dh that that is one of the things he'll have to look for when he's lookiing for a place to live.

Jello ~ how was weigh in? I have been doing really crappy and telling myself, that I'm gearing up to be serious, not only that, I realized that my monthly friend should be visiting next week and I go through eating spurts every month the week before. Ya know, my brother is a very good writer and illustrator, and he's been trying to get published. Me, on the other hand....I write an annual Christmas letter and that's about as far as it goes . Although my ceative writing teacher, in high school, did tell me I should try to get an ode that I had written published. I'm not big on rejection, so I rejected that idea HA!

Tig ~ I hope your boys start feeling better, I know how it is. It SUCKS, but hey...what cha' gonna do?

Okay, so are I need a volunteer to come live with me and my kids for a few months while DH is gone....any takers? We're in California. You know, the place where you can go to work in shorts and flip flops, where we roller blade in our bikinis to the grocery store! Heehee...that would be some sight.

Okay so I'm rambling.....I just better take my rear end to bed....
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 07:40 AM   #41  
on my way down!

hi everyone! Dyan sorry you had to cancel your appointment!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:30 AM   #42  
Long Lost Chickie

Hey lookit me! I'm now the proud owner of a pink 10-lb WW ribbon! Only took me, what, 14-15 weeks to lose 10 lbs. Sigh. Yeah, yeah, slow and steady wins the race and all but sheesh!

Nah, I'll be happy! Down 2 lbs. this week and I'm gonna' keep up the good work. This I vow.

Interestingly, our WW leader was being evaluated last night during our class. The woman evaluating her, it turns out, was my WW leader from years ago when I was married to old whatshisname and living in another town. I spent half the class looking over at her trying to figure out where I knew her from and then it hit. Didn't get a chance to talk to her though.

Dyan, don't worry. You'll get to Curves eventually. And I just know you'll like it.

Tiger, how are the boys? Ditto what I said to Dyan about Curves.

Hey Shirl, want to come decorate my ol' house? As most of the gals here know, DH and I have been "renovating" for, oh, a million years or so. Going to look at china cabinets this weekend for the dining room.

Oh, did I tell you guys about the dining room? Well, remember my li'l pink room upstairs. The room that was soooo very pink that it was painful to look at? Pepto Bismal mixed with cotton candy in a massive bubble gum explosion! Well, picture the same basic concept in yellow.

The idea was to sponge on the yellow so that it wasn't quite so intense. I tried it. Hated it. Ended up using the very yellow paint (a color called "Full Sun" ... quite!) to just paint the walls intending to get some lighter shade of yellow and glaze to sponge on and tone it down. Well, guess what. The color kinda grew on me. So I'm keeping it. And dear Rich is so easy-going. So we have a bright yellow dining room to furnish now.

Well all, the initial plan was to go for the cabinets with Rich today. Now he tells me he has to work so I've got an afternoon off with nothing to do. Day is gray and cloudy but at least the snow and rain have stopped ... for now. Hm, been a long time since I just wandered around shopping.... Tough job but someone's got to do it....

Later!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #43  

Jello - Congrats on your PINK RIBBON and your great weekend!!! You keep it up, girl. Babysteps.

Welcome to Tory and Shirl.

Dyan and Tiger - You WILL get to curves. Making the appointment is 3/4 of the battle, and you've done the hard part twice! I know you will succeed.

Well, I'm doing really well I'm happy to say. Time will tell if the latest regimen I've concocted produces any results, but I'm feeling really good and that's enough for the moment. Granted, it's a paradigm shift to adhere to a plan without being driven by results. But I'm trying it on and so far I like it. After all, there's nothing but postive feedback because the doing is an end in itself.

SEMO - Glad you're getting a couple of minutes to yourself these busy days for you. I'm low-carbing after a fashion, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Cafe976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #44  

rah, rah, Jello How much more do you want to loose?
Have you seen the WW at home kit they sell for $125? I am again thinking about buying it. It would be cheaper than weekly meetings in the long run. And I could require DH do my weigh-ins. He just needs a good talking to! I need to get this man on my wagon! (dont even go there Jello)

I'm still miffed that the kids got sick and made me cancel my sign up appt at Curves. For once I decide to do something for me and [email protected]! I know I've rescheduled for Friday, but I feel like the "forces" are against me.
Youngest son went to school today. Mild cough and sniffs, he'll live. Oldest son is holding down the couch. Temp and sore throat.

Speaking of remodels...I still haven't gotten the kitchen design kit I requested from Lowe's almost three weeks ago. What's up with those people?! On the flip side, the lawnmower man is coming to pick my yard beast today. I may have to buy a new mower instead of a new kitchen anyway. I feel like Eyore. Can someone tack my tail back on...
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #45  

I'M BAAAACCCKKKKKKKK!

I don't know if it was Faye with her "COMMIT COMMIT COMMIT" or all of those magical POOFS that was going on, but I am back on track and more determined than ever. I have started a food diary (Now......that's a test of one's honesty!), am drinking my water, and even doing a little exercise ....and the scale was down 2 lbs this AM!

Welcome Tory.....and congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I hope you let us in on all the details. And greyhounds too? I met my first greyhounds last summer and fell absolutely in love with them......and, if I didn't already have a dog and 2 cats, I would have adopted the greyhound on the spot.

Welcome Shirl.....this is a great bunch of ladies and it sounds like you fit right in!

Semo.....tell me how the bowflex is working out. The TV ads make it look so easy, though I can just imagine pulling back and launching myself into the next galaxy.

Jello......WTG on the pink ribbon thing! You are proof positive that baby steps get you to your goal!

Weather here is getting warmer......in the 40's today. All our snow is gone, and I have been poring over the new garden catalogs. Having lots of fresh veggies in the summer makes dieting all the easier...to say nothing of all the bending and weeding and hoeing involved!

I have been doing some research on the Tufts University internet site.. They have a nutrition navigator.....which lists (and rates) a gazillion nutrition internet sites. I haven't studied nutriton since 5th grade when they had 7 basic food groups.......and wow! have things changed!

Gotta run.......talk to you later!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote