General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #421  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I think I would keep it vague like, "I'm trying something new with how I eat, which involves not eating lunch." But I imagine there would be questions after that so I don't know! I think to be honest in a way that doesn't require me giving tons of info, ya know?

I'm glad I don't share an office with someone! Though my tummy doesn't grumble too much during the day anymore. However, I can tell today is going to be a hungry day
Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #422  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh yesterday was tough. Every Tuesday for the summer I will be taking my younger son to a social skills group (for autism/asperger's). We need to be there by 4:30 and it goes until 6. With travel, you need to leave at 3:45 and we get home at 6:45 if traffic is no big issue.

Well, I decided yesterday to just eat a big lunch and a small snack for dinner. I was STARVING all evening even though I ate the same amount of calories and same composition of calories as on a typical day. I was going to try that for every Tuesday, but I might need to rethink that... maybe eating a huge meal (already prepared) when I get home is better. I don't know.

Scale is down .5 today, so at least there is that.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #423  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

BBB--I know the feeling! It's just so much harder to not eat once I begin! Maybe the already-prepared dinner is a good plan for you for next time.

I am now at chick-fil-a watching my kids on the playground. It was difficult not to get something to eat with them (love their salads!), but I know I'll be thankful later when I can eat a nice mini meal and later a big dinner!

The scale hasn't budged in 3 days. I'm expecting TTOM any minute now, then hopefully a loss sometime soon.

As for my coworker, I guess I will just tell her. Who knows, maybe I'll open her eyes to a new WOE! I'll work with her again next Tuesday.

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #424  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Hi Everyone!
How is your day going? I am fasting today, despite extreme hunger pangs around 11:30 which almost made me bag the fast today ( I was traveling for work, stressed, etc). I hung in, and of course the hunger pangs subsided. I tried a smoothie for dinner today, with a small amt. of almonds. Smoothie was one banana, one cup almond milk, 1/3 cup greek yogurt, one scoop green powder, and 2 T of cocoa powder (plain). It was good. Will see if I get hungry later. I got up at 4:20 this am, so will prob. crash early

Last edited by Yogini99; 06-12-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 06-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Yogini, I see you are very close to your goal, that's great! It's good you were able to continue your fast inspite of work stress. I have been doing a little better with that myself.

Yesterday's fast went really well for me and I will be attempting to pull off a third fast day for the week tomorrow. I really need to try to get a handle on my eating on non fast days. I probably should count calories but I really don't want to be too strict and end up falling off track again.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #426  
16/8

Hi all!

Yogini--Way to blow through that hunger!! I forget, are you doing 5:2?

ShaMac--Congrats on a great fast yesterday! I've been enjoying not counting calories this time around, or at least not being so methodical about it. I used to write everything down, but for some reason, I think I used to go over on my calories more when I counted them than when I'm not counting. If I look back at my day now, I can add up what I ate, and it's not as much as when I was really counting calories. It was almost as if, if I still had calories left to eat, I would, and then some. Now I'm paying more attention to my belly and how full it is, and just settling into a routine. But I think that's where Fast 5 is helping me, too, in that it's the same everyday. The up/down of ESE, 5:2, etc, makes it more difficult for me on the down days. Have you tried something like 16:8 or Fast 5 (19:5)?

I kept pretty busy today--had a flat tire and was stuck at the tire place for almost 3 hours. Then I came home, ran/walked, then went out to pick up the kids from preschool and camp, which took over an hour. By the time I got home for the day it was time to eat. I probably overate a little, as I've been hungrier today and yesterday. I'm sure this was from TTOM--it's interesting how predictable it is! So yesterday and today I probably had closer to 1600 or 1700 calories instead of 1400, but I'm fine with that. I can definitely tell in the mirror that things are looking better, but there is still a lot of jiggle! Once I get down to 150 (3 more lbs), then I'll be at the same point at which I started losing weight a couple of years ago. Ugh!!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #427  
Call me NNS!

bbb I hope you figure out a better solution for Tuesdays! I'd say try the big dinner idea...

Yogini, what is "green powder"? How did the smoothie work out for dinner? That would be a great idea for an easy fast day dinner!

ShaMac good luck on your third fast Counting is a pain in the butt, the third fast should help you avoid having to resort to it. Or like lightenup said, you could try 16:8 or Fast Five. You can even incorporate it into 5:2. Yogini and I are both doing that and it seems to be working well, no counting necessary!

lightenup Oh no! Flats are a pain! Sounds like you still had a good day and those 300 extra calories will all balance out.

I did my two fasts for the week already. Sticking to Fast Five (okay, it's closer to 16:8, but who cares) during the week. No more scheduled fast days for the next two weeks! My diet break will officially start Sunday, the day I leave for vacation During vacation I will probably skip meals, but more with a focus on eating when hungry, not trying to keep to any plan (the aim is to eat at maintenance) as I'm sure we'll have some indulgent meals. Just need to get through today's work day!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Yogini - Good job on sticking it out despite your troubles.

lightenup - I agree with your assesment regarding fasting everyday being easier. I did ESE a few years ago, but I find Fast 5 much easier due to my body being accustomed to not eating all day.

noname - Hope you have a great vacation!

Well today is a good day for me. I lost another pound this morning, I'm wearing jeans two sizes smaller than when I started, and I got to add another for another 5 lbs loss. I love Fast 5.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #429  

Good morning all!

Lightenup, noname I do 16:8 on non fast days during the week and last weekend I did fast 5, I know things can get out hand for me on weekends so I try to limit my intake window. So I guess I'm just kind of all over the place with my rules. I have been fasting for over a year with a few breaks in between so I have tried them all. I guess it's similar to what BBB was saying, once I start eating it's difficult for me to stop especially knowing a super restriction day is ahead of me. After another week of 5:2 if things are still out of control on non fast days, I think I will do some reassessing and give fast 5 a try daily. Unless I get on the scale in the morning and have not lost, then I will start fast 5 immediately.

Wvuchich congrats on the jean size!

Last edited by ShaMac; 06-13-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #430  
16/8

ShaMac--You are very close to your goal, which makes it more difficult to stay on track and see results, at least in my experience. Back when I was trying different methods, that was my problem, too--not overeating when I knew I had another 24 hrs or so before I could eat again. I've found with Fast 5 that my stomach just can't take as much food, which helps me reign in the overeating. Plus, when I do get full eating my first mini-meal, I know dinner is just around the corner, so I don't get that frantic, what-can-I-eat-next feeling, or not as bad ;-)

wvuchick--congrats on the additional 5lb loss! It's awesome to fit into clothes that didn't fit before!!

noname--Enjoy your vacation!! I'm jealous! How long will you be gone--the whole two weeks?? I hope you do well with your plan, sounds like you have a good one.

We are going to the beach this weekend. My husband's family has a beach house, and the whole fam will be there. So this will be my first time (this time around) to be with family and still trying to do some degree of fasting. I'd like to still skip breakfast (will have coffee) and lunch, but maybe I'll do more of a 16/8 if I feel like I have to. I'll still aim for 19/5 but we'll see!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #431  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

For some reason my gut is acting up and that for some reason is making me feel hungrier - probably because nutrients aren't get as absorbed? I don't know... I very rarely have bathroom issues so this is weird.

I had a double coffee with half and half this morning hoping stave off hunger longer with more half and half. So far... nope, my body is not buying it!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

ShaMac - If you do go fast 5, lightenup and I will be here to support you.

lightenup - Staying at a beachhouse for the weekend sounds heavenly. As far as fasting do what you can and don't worry if you slip up. As everyone says this is a lifestyle change, and you will sometimes have to make allowances.

berryblonde - I find water is the only thing that keeps my hunger at bay. Although I only get hungry about 2 hours before I open my window nowadays. I spend all but 30 minutes of that time driving home so it's no big deal. I wonder if the half and half could be making the hunger worse? I find any amount of calories when I am fasting makes me hungrier than going without. Just a thought...

I usually spend my lunch hour working on my cross stitch or crocheting, but I finished up my last project yesterday and don't have any new ones going on. What to do...
Old 06-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #433  
Call me NNS!

wvuchick - congrats on the 5 pounds and new jean size!

ShaMac - can't hurt to shake it up and try something new. I hope you find something that works.

lightenup2014 - vacation is 8 days, but I'm extending the diet break (potentially) for a full two weeks. We'll see how I feel about that when I get back from vacation though. Have fun at the beach! I hope you're able to stick with your eating window. As long as your family isn't judgmental about it, I don't think it would be an issue.

bbb - Oh yuck. I hope you feel better. Very bizarre that you are also feeling hungry along with it! I don't imagine the coffee would help too much with the gut issues though :P

I do notice that although I no longer have symptoms of IBS, I do occasionally have issues the day after a fast day. Which makes no sense to me, but it happens. Oiy. I'm just happy it's not every day anymore...
Old 06-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #434  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

WVUchick- congratulations!! Awesome that you have made great progress
BBB- the day after a fast day I usually have to go to the bathroom (poo)- seems opposite of what should happen but there you go You may be hungry because you aren't absorbing the food- I think you're right. Half and half does not seem to make me hungrier.
Lighten up and No Name- have great vacations!!
NoName- green powder is Barlean's "Greens"- organic green food concentrate. Really gives you a buzz!! seeriously. I can have a smoothie with this stuff instead of coffee and not notice lack of caffeine! I was okay last night with just having the smoothie for dinner. However I was STARVING and weak this morning and had to eat breakfast....gasp....which I hardly ever do. It was the weak bonking kind of hungry- not the kind that will pass. Sooo, verdict is out on how well smoothie works for fasting day dinner. I will try it again and if I have the same results the next day, forget that!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #435  

Good morning all!
Well not so good for me. The scale is up 1.6lbs and I can't figure out why with 3 successful fast days I just don't understand . I figured it would be a bad week because of the overeating on non 500 cal days but I wasn't eating that much( or apparently I was) I jus thought I would only lose 1lb. Oh well I'm determined not to let this get me off track. Wvuchick and lightenup I will be joining you today on fast 5 and 16/8 on weekends that hubby is off from work.

I hope you all had a good week, and have a great weekend!
Closed Thread