General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #301  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 185/167.2/122

Height: 5'3"

What I learned; I don't think I can do splurge days; they lead to more splurge days and I can not get OP. When I was in my late 20's, after giving birth to my son, I lost a ton of weight and fast with splurge days. I guess I was more disciplined back then. I stuck to my low calorie eating for 6 days and one day I splurged. -- Now I think I have just formed an unhealthy relationship with food over the years and can not go back to such regime.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #302  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

I recently read a great quote somewhere:

"I've never regretted NOT eating something."

I try to remember that quote when I'm faced with something tempting--I've certainly spent many a moment REGRETTING having eaten something particular, but never have I regretted NOT eating something--quite the opposite in fact!!

Thanks berryblondeboys!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #303  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Berry I feel the same. If I am alone, I can do this, but with family, esp. hubby around, I can't.... He is sooooo supportive of me, so I don't even know what the problem is. -- If I want to skip dinner because I had a late lunch at my fast day, he does not make a fuzz about it. He supports it. But somehow in my mind I feel like I should be eating with the rest of them.

Last edited by Sum38; 05-29-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #304  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightenup2014 View Post
I recently read a great quote somewhere:

"I've never regretted NOT eating something."
Nope... there are things I regret not eating... can't say that would work for me. I love food way, way, way too much.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #305  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Berry I feel the same. If I am alone, I can do this, but with family, esp. hubby around, I can't.... He is sooooo supportive of me, so I don't even know what the problem is. -- If I want to skip dinner because I had a late lunch at my fast day, he does not make a fuzz about it. He supports it. But somehow in my mind I feel like I should be eating with the rest of them.
It's because eating is a social thing. It's why there's food with all parties and celebrations. And it just feels ODD to sit at a table with people eating and not joining in - almost rude!

And I enjoy the company while eating, so there's that too.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #306  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
What I learned; I don't think I can do splurge days; they lead to more splurge days and I can not get OP. When I was in my late 20's, after giving birth to my son, I lost a ton of weight and fast with splurge days. I guess I was more disciplined back then. I stuck to my low calorie eating for 6 days and one day I splurged. -- Now I think I have just formed an unhealthy relationship with food over the years and can not go back to such regime.
I can't either - not whole days of splurge or "off plan". That leads to TROUBLE.... Caused me all sorts of trouble the first year I was off plan (planned) for Christmas. Then same (and even harder to get back on plan) after our trip to Croatia... And this past year? EVERY DAY I planned to get back on plan... yes.... well.... 50 pounds and several months later...

I just can't deal with eating sugars/simple carbs and then weaning myself off of them. I find I "can" have a small treat every few days and be OK, but not a day or two off... NOPE. spells all kinds of trouble for me.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #307  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

lightenup2014 Welcome! I hope today goes just as easily as yesterday with Fast Five

berryblondeboys That is frustrating, but hopefully won't be an all-the-time occurrence. I love the IF is so flexible and I think it's easy to get back into routine. Hopefully you can be back to your normal way of doing things soon without damage. That's exactly why I eat normally on the weekends...I could not manage to do a smaller eating window with the bf around!

Holy cow this thread is moving fast today! I've been typing this for five minutes and there's so many more posts already. lightenup, I love that quote. Though it's not true 100% of the time for me. I would regret not partaking in my mom's cheesecake should the opportunity arise

Sum, sounds like a good lesson learned. I splurged a LOT over the holidays last year, and even though I was doing 5:2 I was gaining!!!!

I'm really enjoying my combo eating windows and 5:2. Yesterday was not a fast day - I had no breakfast, a fruit & veggie smoothie for lunch, and a big (but healthy) dinner. It felt awesome to eat that nice big dinner but know that I was easily under 2000 calories for the day and I didn't miss having breakfast at all. I had tried skipping lunch, too, on non-fast days, but that wasn't working. I think the smoothie is good though. Can't go wrong with more fruits and veggies.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #308  
Fat to Fab and Fit

We went to a New Year's party this year, and I ate nothing and drank only water. It was strange. I did it with my husband's encouragement. Each time I wanted to reach out for some food, he supported me by saying, will it be worth it. I was so darn proud of myself after the party. But yes, it felt off, I felt like I should have been eating with the rest of them.

Now I meet my girlfriends once a month for a happy hour; I order a tonic water with lime...looks like that I am drinking but I am not.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #309  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Good Morning Everyone!
I agree with you all that it's harder to fast when people are home.
As for the quote- I agree ....never have regretted NOT eating something! Frequently regret eating things. This Monday my guy grilled and I had some organic beef hot dogs. Problem was, I had some white soft dinner rolls from Trader Joes to put them on. That was my downfall- it's like crack when I have bread - esp. that soft white bread. I just have to not buy it- otherwise it calls to me until it's gone!! ugh.
There are some things I just can't have in the house- like ice cream and white bread. I agree, splurge days are too hard- very hard for me to go off and on carbs, though if I eat out, and don't have them at home it is better.
If I don't count cals on non fast days, I will tend to overdo the calories.
Lighten up- sure hope day two is just as easy for you Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #310  
yogini99

NoName- great idea on the smoothie lunch on non fast days- I am in dire need of more veggies!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #311  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hot dogs just aren't the same without a roll though. I tried that once, even wrapped it in a lettuce leaf. What a laugh! Would have rather had nothing at all! It is much easier to just not have the temptations in the house...

I've been posting my smoothies, when I have them, in the lunch thread (somewhere on this board?) if you need inspiration. Still getting the mix right, but they are tasty and filling and so easy. I make them the day before, takes all of 5 minutes.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #312  
yogini99

ugh! You are right!!!! Need the roll !
Old 05-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #313  
Fat to Fab and Fit

OMG... hotdogs... I don't even like them but I eat them. And since I have to be bun free due to a celiac I eat then just as they come... and they make me fat and swollen

<<<<<------------------- Picture of me was taken after a hot dog binge. my DH calls it an egg head picture...lol...my head looks like an egg and I was swollen
Old 05-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #314  
yogini99

Hahaha-but the all grass fed beef organic ones are GOOD for you Sum38!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #315  
Melissa

morning all - scale keeps going down at an unbelievable pace. I need to start ramping up my exercise... makes me wonder if it will make me hungrier earlier in the day? I guess we'll see.

I have NO IDEA how you all have fast DAYS. I don't think I could manage that, but then, I didn't think I could manage not eating the bulk of my calories before 4 pm either (I tend to be hungrier, earlier in the day).
Closed Thread