General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #1  
She's A Firecracker!

S/C/G: SW:267/ CW:200/ GW:130

Height: 5'2

Default P-l-a-t-e-a-u!!!

How do you break past them?? O.o

I am stuck @ 195 and my starting was 267. I am half way to my goal but damn it's hard to move past this half way point. I'm gonna be kicking it hard this July, hopefully this is going to be my last "Fat" birthday, but I need to know the directions to take. I exercise for at least an hour a day but I think my diet may be the problem XD do I lower the amount of what I eat or just restrict what I'm eating?
LittleMissWarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

For me I usually end up with a plateau when I've lost some weight and my body isn't burning as many calories as before (because I'm smaller!) but I'm still eating how I was eating when I was at the higher weight. In that situation it is no longer enough to create a calorie deficit for me.

What has worked best for me is to either eat fewer calories (if feasible), exercise longer (if possible), or increase the exercise intensity to burn more calories. Or, of course, a combination of all of them. I also track my food really carefully while on a plateau in case I've gotten a little sloppy on the intake part.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #3  

I look at a plateau as an opportunity to learn how to live at the weight I currently am and to get comfortable with it. I eat differently at a lower weight than I did at my higher weight and I usually move more too. When holding at my current weight becomes the new normal and I don't really have to think about it then I will start working on a new behavior or habit and then usually weight loss starts to happen again. But I also practice IE and my weight loss has been very slow so that may make a difference.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-06-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote