General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #151  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Well I guess I can quit whining about the scales not moving. Down two pounds this week. The pounds from goal. My bmi is now 24.8. That was my biggest goal, to get unto 25.

I'm so excited. I finally got my new phone. It is an older model iphone but I love it. Still have stuff to learn but that is the best part.

Mercee...I didn't get my fish tacos the other night but I did eat some fish. I actually had fish the last two nights. I've been craving it. One night I had fish and asparagus and last night fish and broccoli. I'm glad you mentioned the walking video. I've really thought about trying it. My only concern is that it only has mile walks. Congratulations on 4 pounds. That is AWESOME!

Beth...hang in there. When you emotions push you toward food tell them to BACK OFF Competition is a great motivator to work hard and lose more. I joined a 5 percent challenge back in Dec. We have two more weigh ins to go. If I can keep the weight off I meet my goal..woo hoo. I may enter the next one they have to keep me in line.

Ellen...I am SO sorry you are not feeling well. Praying you feel better soon so you can enjoy your new toy. Maybe the cold water is not so good. Burrrr I don't know how you did it. You are one strong woman. I'm shivering just thinking about it.

Solly...WTG walking on your treadmill. I'm so happy you are able to get back to it because I know how much you enjoy walking. Awesome passing on the cake. I know I would have had to have at least a bite. I'm terrible.

Toni...Staying the same is good. You are adjusting to eating better. Bet next week you have a bigger lose. Is that your treadmill I hear calling Toni...Tooooni..

I love you ladies and hope and pray you have a super rest of the week. Remember you are amazing, beautiful, talented, strong women. You are the BEST you there is.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #152  

Got about 2 or more inches of snow early this morning. Its very cold and supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight. Glad I don't have to go out in it. We've just been having a quiet nice day here. Just had a few almonds as a snack.

Beth- sorry you're upset today. Hope it gets better. That's so cool you got to go to your dance class. The contest sounds great. I wish I lived around you to go and join in. sounds like fun.

Solly- I hate to go without the wine, I really enjoy it. You did so good at the Mexican place. I love chicken fajitas. The thing I'm worried about on the diet is the yogurt. And all the eggs. I'm not a big fan of either. But will do what I have to do. I haven't even got an email that says they've mailed my book. Did you get one when it was on its way?

Ellen- Oh no not a sore throat. How miserable. How bout some lemon and honey to drink? I hope you get your wii fit plus today. Glad you found the knitting.

Crystle-Woo hoo 2 lbs. that's great. All your hard work is paying off. Keep up the good work. Your BMI is amazing.

Mercee- Hi gal hope you're alright today.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #153  

My Wii Fit Plus came a few hours ago and I got it all set up, registered on it, and did the body fitness tests and fifteen minutes of training. I thought that was not too bad for being sick. My Wii fitness age is the same as I am old...not too bad! My balance is better than it was when I used my daughters a few years ago. I think that is because I am stronger due to water aerobics. There were a few exercises I tried that I could just not do. I hope I improve! hehe....

I just walked down to my neighbors and let her dog out for her. They have to work late. Should have fed him too, poor baby. He is a really sweet dog. He likes me too. The walk down there is only a few houses down, about half a block, but it was cold and its hilly in my neighborhood. My throat and chest did not like the cold or the exertion in the cold. So I am drinking a hot cup of decaf green tea and relaxing.

COUNTRY: Yay! You are amazing! What kind of phone did you get? I love my iPhone. If you got an iPhone, I know some great apps you might be interested in. One is Spark People's recipes. Its got just about everything on it! I have found a lot of great recipes on it.

TONI: Enjoy the quiet! You have to eat eggs and yogurt on that diet? I could do the yogurt, but I am allergic to eggs. Do they give alternatives for people who can't eat that stuff?

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #154  

Default Good evening

I just finished the best baked potato. It had reduced fat sour cream and salsa. I would have eaten something with it but it was filling by itself. Best part 245 calories.

Ellen I would love to know some of the apps that you would recommend.

Love,
Crystle
Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #155  

We had taco's for dinner. They were okay not great.

Crystle- The potato sounds good.

Ellen- There's a vegetarian alternative in the book. I read on one of the boards. So you could have it. I haven't got my book yet but Solly would know. That wii plus sounds like so much fun.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #156  

Afternoon! I have been taking it easy today. I just finished up a big bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup. I used whole wheat pasta in it, as I did not have any rice pasta. It was wonderful! I do love soup on a cold day.

My morning blood sugar was good, so I am feeling encouraged. I hope it stays there.

Since I am still sick, and actually losing my voice now, I had to call my son in law and tell him I could not take my grandson tonight. Broke my heart. I have not seen him for almost three weeks. He was so excited about coming over here, and had been packing up his batman toys to bring. I hate that. I really miss him and he is growing up so fast!

I ought to go play some Wii fit today. I am tired though, and not feeling up to it. I may try some after I take a nap!

Ok, that is about all I can think of for a check in. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #157  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Cool Tgif!!!

I'm SO glad it's Friday!!! I can't wait to get out of this place for the weekend!!! Whew! I'm really happy to have a job but some days I just really get my absolute fill of politics and stupidity!

I was good yesterday and had lots of veggies and salad. I probably needed more protein than I ate, but overall it was a good day.

I was NOT, however, good this morning!!! I ate a Chicken/Egg/Cheese Bagel from Chick-Fil-A. I should NOT have eaten it... but I did and I'm not going to chalk the entire day up to failure, I had salad for lunch and I will eat a legal dinner! I have to weigh in on Monday for my Dance contest so I need to stay legal ALL WEEKEND!

It's freezing cold here, and we got more snow again last night. The first time it was neat... the second time it was pretty cool because we got a large amount... but a third time? Really? This is ALABAMA... we don't like, need, want (or know how to drive in!) this crap!! Bring me some sunshine, people! I don't mind the cold weather but this snow is making it a slushy red-clay fest in my yard and muddy paws are a disaster on my carpet! For those of you unfamiliar with Alabama Red Clay, it stains SO BADLY that people use it to dye novelty TShirts!

Well, I'm off to finish my lunch break... my salad was really good even if I did wish it were a big fat bacon cheeseburger. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #158  

Doing a load of wash and thinking I need to rustle up something to eat. All I've had was some greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom. Now I've got to get some that hasn't the fruit in it and try to put some of my own. Has anyone tried Truvia the sugar sub. I'm wondering how it tastes before I buy some.

Ellen- Your soup sounds wonderful. I may have to make some. Maybe I'll take out my chicken carcass and do that tomorrow. I hope you feel better soon and it doesn't turn into something really bad. Thats ashame about your Grandson.

Beth- Happy for you its Friday. We have a yard filled with snow here too and maybe more this afternoon. It was 5 degrees last night and really cold today. Good day for some hot tea and maybe soup.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #159  

BETH: You think Alabama red clay is bad? Georgia's is worse! I am SURE! (actually its probably the same stuff...)

TONI: I had chicken soup for lunch...its even better the second day!

Just ate three clementines. They are not the really tiny ones either...but they are just SO good...and I figured the vitamin C was good for me. Plus I did not eat any fruit with breakfast.

Off to try and take a nap....
Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #160  

Default Good afternoon

I just finished a huge bowl of homemade turkey soup with brown and wild rice. It was so pretty with little bits of carrot floating in it. I was working out and could smell it cooking. I didn't think I'd ever get finished to get a bowl. I'm thinking some hot orange tea would top it off nicely.

Ellen..thanks for the apps. I haven't played any yet but I have them downloaded. I found out what the plus meant so I was able to download some I had originally skipped. Sorry you are still feeling poorly and can't see your grand baby.

Toni...I tried the Truvia and liked it but I had a bad reaction and have been afraid to try it again.

Beth..hang in there. One meal off plan doesn't really mess you up as long as you stay in your range and keep moving.

Solly...hope you are having a good day.

Mercee...

Think I'll make that tea and then have a nice soak before it gets too cold.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #161  

Just hanging out watching movies and stuff today. I got an email and my book on the 17 DD is on the way and should be here Wed. Can't wait to read it and get started. All I've had today is some yogurt. Getting ready to have some lunch in a few minutes.

Crystle- The turkey soup sounds so good. Wish I had a bowl of it. Will get some truvia when I grocery shop and try it. I hope I like it.

Well more snow tomorrow but today the sun is out and its melting the snow on the ground now.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #162  

Happy Monday everyone. Hope you're all doing okay. We missed the snow thank goodness. Just got a drizzle of rain. Eating has been okay. Gosh we were nearly at the bottom of the page. Where are you all?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #163  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Default Happy Monday!

Good Morning everyone. I'm pretty proud of my last two days... I didn't let that slip up the other day determine how my week would be! I ate out a little too much this weekend, but I did manage to stay away from wheat/bread/potato products at least. The fried stuff I ate, though, not so good! When I got on the scale yesterday at DT I was up 2 pounds, but I also never take my lasix on the weekends and I always end up bloating up a couple of pounds. That's why Tuesday is my official contest weekly weigh in day. It gives me Monday on lasix to get that fluid back down. I did DanceTrance last night, and ate grilled steak, salad and green beans. This morning I went to the gym with DH and did 2 miles on the recumbent bike and 1.15 miles on the treadmill at 3.5mph. I really only stopped because I was bored. I sat in the sauna for 10 minutes and then headed home. Didn't want to overdo it anyway because I have DT again tonight at 6:15.

Today I forgot to eat breakfast! UGH! But after the gym I had salad and a small piece of leftover grilled steak. Dinner is marinating and it appears to be grilled chicken in the making... I'm not the cook in the house! LOL

I am doing really well at getting in my 5 days of exercise since I committed to do so! I'm really proud of myself. I know that it's really important especially if I don't have a great day eating-wise at least the exercise will help me burn off the bad stuff I ate. My goal is to be down at least another pound tomorrow when I weigh in for the contest. I know I can do it! Today I'm drinking a bunch of water and eating well... the two workouts today and eating right tomorrow should help tremendously!

Hope you are all doing well and feeling great!! I really need to sit down and go through my fitday and see what foods I was logging the most of when I was so successful at SB the first time. My biggest problem right now is what to eat when I really am craving cookies or something sweet. I think I used to buy Aunt Gussies Biscotti made with spelt flour and agave. Not sure exactly, though...

What do you all use to get you through your "I really want to stay legal but I'm dying for some cookies!" moments? I don't like any other type of sweets much, but I love cookies!!!

Here's to the start of a GREAT OP WEEK for us all!!! Hugs to everyone!

Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Hi ladies, didn't have time to get on over the weekend. Don't know what we did other than clean, grocery shop and yesterday afternoon went to my DD's to help her clean out the laundry room. We ate kale and eggs (the 3 girls) and the guys got fried chicken. It really didn't bother me at all.

We got 1/2" of snow this morning. My youngest DD came home to change my bandages and fell on the drive so I am not taking the dog out he will have to wait for my DH to get home. The groomer is coming today to cut his hair. Boy does he need it.Diet is going good. Have not cheated at all. Don't plan too. My DD wants to me stay on the first 17 days until she is ready to move to the 2nd set. You get so many foods back on the 2nd phase that she thinks it will bother her. If I don't lose enough wt, I may do it. I was actually up 2 lbs today but I am not worrying about it. We made a low carb pizza the other day just with cheese and veggies and it was a lot of cheese and I didn't have the NF cheese so that may have done it. We will see.I did not walk all weekend either so I need to get on there today. Maybe after that groomer leaves. I need to make some chicken veggie soups for lunch. It really helps.

Have a great day. See you tomorrow.

Crystal, good for you losing those 2 lbs. I am so proud of you. You will be maintaining so soon.

Toni, yes I did get an email when they shipped it. It seems like it only took 3 days to order and get it. I really haven't missed the wine. Well I have but have been able to do it. I amnot a big yogurt eater either but I eat Greek Yogurt and add my berries. I do eat eggs but not my favorite. I like the Truvia much better than Splenda, doesn't seem to have that aftertaste.

Ellen, glad you are enjoying your Wii, but take care of yourself. Got to beat that bronchitis before it takes hold. I just saw on Dr Oz that exercing when you are cold burns many more calories that regular temps so maybe that cold water aerobics did some good.

Beth, good for you not letting that bagel mess up your whole day. I would say what the heck and eat bad the rest of the dat. That is the way to start, mess up and fix it. I justsaw on tv that if you eat the wrong things you should do squats for 60 to 120 seconds and it opens up muscles to absorb the fat in lieu of storing it. You are doing great with the exercise too. Keep it up. Try some SF gum or jello with whipped cream to get rid of that cookie craving.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #165  

Default Howdy

Good afternoon ya'll. It is so cold and damp today. Tried a new video today. Not sure that I really like it but will give it another shot. It is Leslie's bootcamp video. It didn't seem hard enough. Ate a few extras this weekend because I lost another pound. Told hubby you are not suppose to reward yourself with food but I couldn't help myself. Nothing too big. Just some saltines and some ham.

Might try a bit of hubby's new kettle bell workout. It looks a little fast for me but I can always modify. Some would be better than none right?

Beth...WTG with your workouts! You will see so many positives changes along with the weight.

Solly...So glad you are staying off the ice. I hope your daughter didn't get hurt.

Ellen and Toni...((hugss))

Love and hugs,
Crystle