General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #196  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

Howdy ya'll. It has been a really nice day today. It is about 70. What is crazy is that there is a chance of snow on Friday. It doesn't snow here. Tomorrow the front is blowing through and chilling things WAY down.

I made a turkey meatloaf for dinner with spinach and a side of lightened up mashed potatoes.

Toni...eight minutes is great. It will get easier and easier over time. I can't wait to see what you think of this diet.

Solly...you are losing weight fast. That is awesome. It sounds like the diet gives you plenty to eat.

Mercee...hope you do well at the gym and continue to feel better.

Ellen... Your grand baby sounds like a little charmer. I was going to see Mav yesterday but they were gone and by the time they got back we were home. He went back to daycare today. I'm praying he can stay well this time around.

Beth...how are you? Still hanging in there?

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Toni, I wa;lked 25 minutes today. Even upped the spped .5 to 3 for the last 5 minutes. Keep up the good work. Don't overdo. Your menu sounds great.

Mercee, take it easy until you are sure you can do it at the gym. Don't want to relapse. I heard how much snow you all were supposed to get, I can't believe it.

Crystle, 70 degrees! what I wouldn't do for that. It is so cold and windy here. They are predicting we will only get rain but if it dips justs a little the ice will be there. I hate this.

Off to watch the ballgame. See you tomorrow
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #198  

How is everyone today? Hope you're staying warm. Steve is in the bed with a bad cold. He's awfully sick. We're getting lots of rain but I'm afraid this is going to turn into ice later this evening and then snow tomorrow. I'm so worried we'll lose our power. Doing good on my diet. Haven't walked on the treadmill yet today but don't want to bother Steve and the room where the treadmill is, is right next to where he's sleeping.

Solly- Wow 25 min. is great. I'm so happy you're doing so well.

Crystle- Wow 70 is wonderful. A turkey meatloaf sounds good.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #199  

Good afternoon ladies, just got back from luch and some dollar store shopping with my friend. I needed to get some cards and valentines. I always buy other things too in that store. I had a spinach salad for lunch with balsmic dressing.

Toni, I am waiting on my daughter to get off the and then I am getting on it. My back hurt some so I may not do so much. We are having fish for dinner. I hope you do not get that ice and snow. It is sprinkeling here.

Mercee, Beth, Ellen, Crystal, Hope you are having a great day.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #200  

Default Good evening

Well the 70's went bye bye fast. The front blew through about 6 a.m. and it has been in the 30's all day. It is now 26 and expected to get in the teens...burr.

Did a walking video and a ten minute beginner kickboxing video (really easy one). Eating was okay.

Solly...way to get those walks on the treadmill! You are going to have this weight back off before you know it.

Toni...praying you are not getting snowed and iced in. You too are gonna have this weight off before you know it.

Ellen...Did you make that tortilla soup? Are ya'll gonna get snow again?

Beth...hope you are having a super week so far. I see you had a good workout the other night again..WTG!

Mercee...Hope you are feeling better every day.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 02-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #201  

Morning! I am freezing! The furnace is broken. Tom was trying to test something while talking to Erik on the phone and a transformer blew. It won't come on with out that transformer. The temps in here this morning are 58. I sure hope it doesn't get cold today, or tomorrow is going to be awful! Erik is going to get the part and fix it Thursday. He has school, work and they live 45 minutes away, so that is the earliest he can do it.

I am about to suit up and head to water aerobics. I have not been since I got sick. I sure hope the pool heater has been fixed. I want to get into something warm today...especially today. I am eager to get back to exercising. I feel like a slug! And I admit I had the Wii Fit and have not used it as I should. I wanted to get back to water aerobics first.

I forgot to weigh this morning. I am not upset by that. Until I get back to exercising, the meds are only going to make me gain and I find it very disheartening.

I will check in later!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #202  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Talking Morning Glories!

Good Morning Everyone! I know I haven't been posting much - I know ELLEN and CRYSTLE are keeping tabs on me and helping keep me accountable on Facebook! I'm very grateful for them!

I have been doing great! I weighed in Monday and I was down FIVE pounds from last Tuesday's weigh in!

I've been eating well with very few cheats, although there have been a couple of SMALL ONES! but I do not let them derail me from the big picture which is very different from my old habits! I'm also keeping up with my exercise really well. I even took an extra exercise class Monday night! I think it helps that I actually LOVE this class I'm going to so it's not boring and I don't have to force myself to go - it makes a HUGE difference in my commitment level to it! I really do feel better when I work out... but I'm still not over the point where I try to think of excuses before I finally make myself go some days...LOL!

SOLLY - It's so frustrating to feel like we are doing really well and seeing the numbers go down but yet still wearing the same pants, isn't it? Or at least it is for me! Someone told me that 20 pounds is roughly a pants size depending on the person so I'm expecting to be back down a size in another 7 pounds! LOL!! Keep up the great work!

TONI - You're doing great on that treadmill... keep on going!!!

I have to get some work done! My coworker had a death in the family and that leaves me trying to get two jobs done in one shift today... busy, busy, busy! I hope everyone has a fabulous Groundhog Day!

Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #203  

Good morning ladies, I did weight today and I was up 3 lbs. I feel like that team on the BL. Don't know why I was up but I have not weighed since last Wed. Could be anything. I'm letting it bother me since I have not cheated at all and some posts say they gain at first when adding grains back.

Toni, I will answer your posts as soon as I finish here.

Crystal, I think everyone is getting cold and snow. It is 45 mph winds here and it is blowing snow but no accumalation. Try to stay warm

Ellen, I can't believe your furnace is broken. Wrap up. We keep our house on 65 so I know you are cold. I hope the water is warm for you today,

Beth, You are doing great. Congrats on the 5 lbs.

We are having pork chops tonight. Second time for meat. Have a great day, will probably check in later tonight.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #204  

Good late morning. Got up early then dozed off in the chair. Just had 2 softboiled eggs, orange and a cup of green tea. Thawing out ground turkey to make a simple taco salad for dinner tonight. Its so cold here, blowing snow and only 15 degrees.

Solly- Maybe its the change in the food. I'll bet you have a good loss next week. Don't let it set you back, you're doing great.

Beth- Congrats on the 5 lb. weight loss. Thats a big one.

Ellen- Oh no thats awful about your heater. Hope you stay warm. Hope the pool is warm.

Crystle- You stay warm here. We got ice and snow and its miserable here.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #205  

Default Good morning

Way to cold in here to think about weighing. I think I am about the same guessing from what I weighed last night. We turned the water off last night so I am praying when it gets above freezing we will have water. My mother in law's pipes froze before 8 last night.

Most of the animals survived the cold but we did lose our black bunny.

Solly...I am with you. Grains tend to put water weight on me. You'll have those three pounds off once your body gets used to the added grains.

Toni...Hope you are staying warm also. I am so ready for spring.

Ellen...so sorry your heater is broken. So glad it was warm at the pool.

Beth..woo hoo on the five pounds and the extra workout. You got this.

Mercee....hope you are doing well.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #206  

Back from the pool. It was warm, and the workout was great. I feel SO much better having gotten my workout in.

I came home to about 56 degrees. I brought my little space heater up from the garagio and turned it on full blast. The cats are afraid of it, but I am hoping it will help heat up the kitchen area. The oven is on, and I will light a fire in the fireplace in a few and read - wrapped in a blanket probably!

Tonight is potluck and I am planning on making pizza. I need to work on the crusts soon. I got the cheese and stuff at Trader Joe's on my way home from water aerobics.

COUNTRY: I am sorry you lost a bunny due to the cold. That is sad. I thought the forecast for here was 50's for the next few days, but they revised it, and now its MUCH colder! It is going to be in the 20's tonight which is not going to be fun with no heat! I hope the pipes are ok. I don't know about you, but I am SOO ready for spring!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #207  

Toni,don't know what caused the rise but I am not worrying about it.

Ellen, sounds like cuddle weather to me. Stay warm

Crystle, so sorry about your bunny. Black ones are so pretty too. Hope your pipes make it.

Off to walk on the My leg bothered me all night so I will see how it does. Just came down to do my spread sheet for my taxes, Got to get that going, been gathering it all day.

Last edited by Solly; 02-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #208  

Walked on my treadmill 9 min. Then had a lunch of chicken veggie soup, red grapes and green tea.

Solly- don't over do with that leg. I need to get on line and pay our bills. I hate that job.

Ellen-So good you had a good work out today. Sounds like you're keeping warm.

Crystle- Sorry about your bunny. I'm worrying about our outside cat tonight its supposed to get below 0. I'm with you come on spring......
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #209  

Default Good evening

Think Spring everybody. LOL We have a busted pipe that leads to the bathroom sink but Jessie was able to turn it off with a valve he put in last year. He also finally got the hot water defrosted about ten minutes ago so we can have bathes before everything freezes up again.
Hope ya'll are staying warm.

Ellen...sending extra warm thoughts your way.

Toni...I understand you worrying about your kitty. Our dogs and cats are not used to winters quit this cold.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 02-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #210  

Morning! It was 48 inside the house this morning. Its up to 51 with the fireplace going, and the oven cranked up to 400 and the door cracked, and my little space heater going at my feet. Thankfully, tonight it should be fixed.

I slept very poorly...not sure why but I woke up every hour or two. Maybe it was the cold or something, though I was plenty warm under the covers. My morning blood sugar was astronomical too...probably cause I forgot to take my meds to the potluck at church last night. I took them when I got home but they are much more effective if you take them BEFORE you eat. sigh.

So I am sitting here in long johns, my nightgown and my jacket. Its really not too bad. I should not complain as it seems Crystle has it much worse then me. And Toni, too, worrying about her outdoor cat. Toni, can't you let it inside until it is warmer out? Poor thing...my cats are not happy with how cold it is INSIDE. Spoiled brat cats....

I have circle meeting at church this morning, so I am off to get ready! Will check in later!