General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies. I forgot to weight this morning. Or maybe I didn't on purpose. But I do know that my pants buttoned much easier than I anticipated. I thought I might have to go back to the rubber band. Had the CT Scan so I go Monday for the results. I just love waiting. Hoping I hear on my leg and foot soon.

Crystle, glad you had a great birthday. You even worked out on your day. Good for you.

Mercee. 3 lbs is awesome especialy after a stall. Keep up the good work.

Ellen, I love kitchen stores. You can always find something there. Thanks for the receipe. I have printed outa couple. Don't know what she wants to do, but 9 dozen is a lot to do plus our regular baking.

It is so sad about Elizabeth Edwards. She gave a good fight. I feel so sorry for her young children. I guess it hard b/c she and I were both diagnosed close together and then I had the scan this morning. At east is with her son now.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies. I didn't weigh in. I let it slip my mind too. Also I'm just not ready to get back on the scale, I'm doing so badly. I watched Biggest Loser last night and it was so inspiring, I loved it. The struggle they are having to overcome.

Mercee- A great big congrats on the 3 lbs. That is just awesome.

Solly- You probably lost. I'm praying for you to have good results on all your tests. Hopefully they'll find out whats going on.

Ellen- I could have spent hours in that kitchen shop. But then I would need some money. LOL How fun anyway. The cookie recipe sounds so good.

Crystle-Glad you had a good day. Your workout sounds good.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #18  

Morning! I have had a trying one so far. I missed water aerobics, had to get on the phone with Apple tech support as my iPhone was misbehaving. Its all fixed now, and I can say their tech support is impressive. I got NO run around...they called me immediately...no long waits on hold. Was very pleased.

I did weigh and was bummed. I was the same. I will drop down a couple pounds during the week, but it never seems to stick. I am planning on trying to get out to walk today, but its REALLY cold and my foot is bothering me. (too much standing on Sunday and walking around the market yesterday) At least my blood sugar was again just bad this morning. (its terrible to think of bad as good...)

Tonight is potluck at church. I am taking collards, and a quiche. They are both done already. A friend is coming over after she picks up her kids from school, so I want to get some cleaning done before that. I have already roasted coffee, and made a pot of brown basmati rice. (I got a new variety at the market and wanted to try it out.) I am thinking of ways to eat brown rice for breakfast...but its so late, maybe I will just call my espresso breakfast and wait until lunch!

MERCEE: Congrats on your loss! Awesome! It gives me encouragement. I know I need to up the exercise, and then perhaps I will get moving downward again...instead of standing still!

SOLLY: 9 dozen is a lot, but it would only be three pans of those shortbreads. If you have more than one 13x9 inch pan, you can do two recipes at once. I have a kitchenaid mixer and often mix it up in there when I am doing two recipes. Goes fast that way!

Off to get some cleaning done. I am so good at procrastination!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #19  

TONI: We were posting at the same time! You can make the cookie recipe with whole wheat flour, and cut down on the sugar and it is almost legal for SB! Just leave off the icing. When I need to take a dessert someplace, I will often make them because at least I know its whole wheat and low sugar. I can't have the wheat, so I may try them with an alternative flour... How are you doing bad? Your menus sound so good...are you snacking too much? Do you have any hobbies? Like knitting or crocheting? I find keeping busy with a project helps me stay out of the kitchen. You would love that store! There were several chefs wandering around looking at stuff. They had a line of kitchen tools for kids that were TOO cute. Like a set of measuring spoons that were shaped like fish! I thought about getting some for my grandkids, but Kaeleb is not into cooking and Bella is a bit too young yet. She IS getting lots of play food and a dishes and a kitchen for Christmas though...I may change my mind!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #20  

Good morning ladies. Well heard on my MRI. I have 2 fractures in my right foot (one which is over a year ago and was told it was healed but they say it is not) and a torn meniscus in my right knee. They said the only way the knee would heal is orthopedic surgery. I have to pick up a shoe for my foot instead of wearing this long boot. I don't know what to do or when to do it. I am so discouraged. I will find out about my CT scan on Monday morning. The way things are going, it is hard to be positive. Really down right now.

Ellen, you better rest your foot. Maybe do some weights (with can goods) or something like that. Look whose talking ha. Sorry you are having such a bad time with your BS. I know my friend does better when she was doing the treadmill every day. Those spoons sound so cute. My GS would love them. He always gets my measuring cups out and wears my strainer on his head.

Toni, I only got to watch half the the BL last night. The ballgame came on. I bet Ada wins the marathon. I really want Patrick to win the whole thing. Can't wait for the finale. It is so inspiring.

Crystle, hope you are having a great day. I'll check on FB!

Mercee. don't work too hard and work out too hard.

I am off tomorrow. We are taking my GS to see santa and maybe a light show at one of the hotels. He will be spending the night tonight. We are baking on Sunday but I think I will start on Sat during the day as we have a party that night.

Have a great weekend if I don't get back.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #21  

So, I hopped on the scale today, and of course the loss shows up! Down three from yesterday. Grrr.

SOLLY: Ouch! Any idea why the bones are not healing? Is there something they can do to help? You MUST do as they say, and rest it as much as possible to give it a chance to heal properly. I know its a pain to let things slide, but I really think in the long run, once you can get stuff healed properly, you will feel SO much better. You hate sitting around, but read or something. Take a vacation from activity and give your body the time it needs to heal. That is so cute that the GS likes wearing the strainer on his head! There is a Curious George episode where he dresses up as a robot and uses a strainer on his head. I have one just like the one George uses, and my grandson occasionally climbs up and the chair and gets it off the hook and wears it. Cracks me up! ((hugs)) Hang in there...I hope the discouraging feelings dissipate soon. Praying for you.

Off to wrap a bowl set I need to give to someone for their wedding which was back in July... I am having lunch today with the bride's mom....

Old 12-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #22  

Morning ladies:

Solly- Sorry to hear about your foot. Atleast now you know what it is and please follow the doctors orders concerning your foot. I am still praying for good news concening your other test. This is for you .

Ellen- Congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work. Enjoy your lunch date.

Crystle and Toni-

Have a great day everyone.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #23  

Good morning. Still having coffee and watching Rachael Ray on TV. Its cold here again this morning but I guess that's everywhere. Put a roast in the crock pot and am kind of worried as it was still part frozen. Hope it turns out good and tender. Kind of wished I would have done it in my pressure cooker. Have to go to town today. I dread that I was just there yesterday.

Ellen- The cookies sound great with whole wheat flour. Congrats on the three pound loss. You were probably retaining some fluid yesterday. I love the thought of your Grandson with the strainer on his head.

Solly- Oh dang that's bad news on your foot and knee. I don't blame you for getting discouraged. It would be hard not to. I can't believe you've been walking around with that going on. Its good they found whats wrong and now can deal with it. You can do this, you're a strong brave woman. My thoughts are with you....

Crystle-Hope you're doing well....

Mercee- Morning lady!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #24  

Ellen, 425,00, How do you do it. You must have qucik fingers. I can't get bask 60,000 most of the time or 90,000 occasionaly. Great job ont he 3 lbs. Hope it holds.

Toni, sorry you have to go back to town. I put a roast in the crock pot on Tuesday and we still haven't eaten it. I got it out fr Monmday but forgot we were going our for DD's birtday and fogot to turn it on on Tuesday so DH did and it was not done. We were delivering a couch to my nephew and did not get home in time to eat it so we just grabbed a roast sandwich so hopefully we can finish it tonight.

Mercee, I am going to behave as much as possible with this season. Thanks for your prayers.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #25  

Well, my lunch date was nice... and I was feeling pretty good until I got an email from my son's girlfriend chastising me for saying happy birthday to him by commenting on her happy birthday to him post on facebook. She deleted my comment...

Today is his 32 birthday...he has had nothing to do with the family for almost a year and blames me for all that is wrong in his life. So, now I am trying to maintain something of my good mood and not fall apart.

Sometimes, I wonder why I ever had kids....

Last edited by Ellen; 12-09-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #26  

Ellen- I know the hurt I've not heard from my oldest son in a year. Last Christmas I got a card thats it.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #27  

Aw, Toni, I am sorry you are having to deal with this kind of pain too. ((hugs))
Old 12-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #28  

Tom took today off so it feels like Saturday... I am glad its only Friday though. My older daughter came by today with my granddaughter. We went out to lunch. She was SO cute today. Very cuddly and occasionally she would just run over and give someone a hug. She IS high maintenance though...she wants someone playing with her constantly. Tonight I got down in the studio and threw some. I am experimenting on a new design...a cheese dish. I hope it works out ok. I have one sold if it does. I am out of clay now so I need to start re-wetting scraps that have dried. Its a pain, but will save me a good bit of money. I have a LOT of scraps. Wet clay runs around 40 cents a pound, and it takes over a pound to make a small mug.

I think I have a bit of a UTI so I am drinking 100% juice cranberry juice and taking cranberry capsules. So far, it seems to be helping a lot. That and drinking tons of water.

I guess I will go do something productive. I SHOULD be cleaning...but that is never something I willingly choose to do! haha!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #29  

Had a great day. Hubby took me out to lunch and then for a little ride. We weren't hungry at dinner so we've snacked around. Getting ready for the cold weather this week end.

Ellen- Sounds like you had a super day today too. Glad you enjoyed it.

Guess everyone is busy. Have a nice night.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #30  

Height: 5' 7"

Default (((Everybody))))

Sorry I haven't been able to get to the board. I've had very little computer time with mama's heart cath and then staying with her yesterday. We also watched the grand son last night. He was such a hoot. He decided he was not sleepy and wanted to get into everything. And right when you start to think it is no longer cute he would come up and just giggle and smile. He has me wrapped. When he did get tired he came and laid in MeMaw's arms.

My mother in law just drove up so I will try to pop in later.

Love you ladies. ((hugss))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote