General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #31  

Slept in and then made a late breakfast of ham and scrambled eggs. Made some extra coffee so having a nice cup now. I hope to bake a bit this afternoon and then make a pot of chili. Our temps are supposed to start dropping soon. I have to start on addressing our Christmas cards too. Want to mail them Monday or Tues.

Crystle-Prayers for your Mom. Sounds like you've been very busy.
Hope you're having a good week end.

Hi everyone else. Enjoy the week end.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

Just popping in for a quick howdy. It has been windy and cold here today. I have mostly been lazy. Did do a workout and some spring cleaning in the kitchen. Eating has been pretty good today. I had some no no's over the weekend but I tried to incorporate them into my calorie count. Example kettle corn for lunch yesterday.

Hope ya'll are staying warm.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was fun and not so fun. Friday I sepent the day at 3 doctors and took the baby to each one. He was so good but cookies work wonders. He has had a cold and he slept for 3 hours so our day was not much fun. Yesterday we baked for 12 hours. I love spending time with my girls. It is a lot of work but we laugh and talk. Got a good report on my lung. THe spot has not changed and they don't think it is anything. My neurologist told me I must have an angiogram on the arteries in my neck before the surgery. Today the doctor's office called and they want to do it on the 23rd. I didn't realize you must stay in the hospital for 23 hours after one. Plus they have my surfery screwed up. They have it set for Jan 12th. If I do it then it won't be paid for by my insurance but most of all my DH & DD would be on vacation after Christmas and won't be in Jan so I am waiting on them to call me back and let me know about the surgery. Frustrating. One good note, the oncologist told me that I had an vestibular stroke. Funny how she would know off the top of her head and 2 people in that field didn't know. She showed me on the computer and it was just like the symptons I had.

Ellen, So sorry about your son. I wished my niece a happy birthday on face book. Hope your UTI goes away.

Toni, sorry about your son too. That's not the one that is in the service is it? We got 2 inches of snow last night. The roads weren't bad except for the subdivisions. It is very cold here.

Crystle, so glad to hear your mom is doing so well. I'm impressed you did spring cleaning.

Have a great day
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #34  

Default Good evening

Don't faint but I cleaned one of the ceiling fans. LOL I'm cooking dinner so I thought it would be a good time to pop in and say howdy. Maybe I won't eat like a little snorker. I'm making a london broil, brown rice and spaghetti squash. Zachary will have some leftover sweet potatoes in place of the squash. He doesn't like it and I don't mind not sharing.

Exercise was a four mile video this morning. I haven't been overly active since then. That is something I need to work on.

Solly...(((hugssss))) So happy on the good report on your lungs!!!!! Praying your neck test goes as well. Hope they sort out your surgery date.

Ellen, Toni and Merce...what are ya'll up to today?

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 12-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #35  

Evening! I had a very busy day. (what else is new, huh? ) I went to Water aerobics at 8 this morning so I could get out to my friend's house for coffee early. I stopped at the grocery store to get a few items I need to make Cornish pasties for dinner tomorrow evening for company. (old family recipe) Well, the store will no longer give or sell you suet. (beef fat) It is an essential ingredient in the crust. I was ticked. On the way home, I stopped at Whole Foods and asked them. They would have given it to me, but they had done their meat cutting in the morning and and thrown the scrap fat out. If I call or come in early they will save/give me some. I came home and found enough in the freezer from the last time I made them, so I am ok. I do not know if the car will start tomorrow, as it is supposed to be around 15 here. Tom is taking my car for that reason.

Tonight we went and got a Christmas tree. Its a really nice one and it was really reasonable. Not sure when we will put it up, but Tom got it all trimmed and in the stand in the garage hydrating.

SOLLY: I am glad you got a good report on the lung, and I sure hope you can get the surgery moved to where your family can more easily care for you. Did you take the baby to YOUR doctor appointments, or for him? You are a brave woman. I would never take Kaeleb someplace like that. He is not a bad kid, but he has a hard time sitting still for any length of time. (unless a TV is involved! haha!)

COUNTRY: How do you fix spaghetti squash? I have a cute little one on the counter that has been there for a month. I need to fix it soon. I just don't have any ideas that are calling to me...

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #36  

Seems I was busy all day or something. Have a busy week getting ready for my kids to come next week. I got a Christmas card from my wayward older boy today. Not the one in the Army. I like to use Mrs. Cubbison's cornbread stuffing mix for my turkey and my sis in law is sending me some from Colorado as I can't get it here. I'm thrilled. Steve is wanting a turkey with all the works for Christmas. Not my choice. I would rather have something simple. But he has it in his mind.

Solly- I'm glad about your lung. I've had an angiogram of my cardoit arteries too. I had surgery on one of mine. What a wonderful day with your girls. I'm so in envy... LOL..... Sounds like you were brave to take your Grandson with you.

Ellen- Good going on the water aerobics. That was great you had a busy day and still went. Get to decorating that tree. LOL....

Crystle- Yippe on the exercise. You're such an inspiration. Its so cold here...
Old 12-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #37  

Default Good morning

Ellen...I just put a slit in the squash and microwave for five to eight minutes depending on size. You can check by jabbing with a fork. Once it is done I pull out the shreds and add fresh tomato, onion, salt and pepper. I also like to add a Parmesan cheese. Yum yum. If you need a little more substance you can saute the onions in a little olive oil and then add the tomato and throw that into the squash.

Toni...Thank you. It is cold and warm here. You never know from day to day.

Gotta feed these guys. Be back later.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 12-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #38  

Hi, ding this with only my left hand so excuse typos and being short. you will not believe what now. my right hand started hurtiny yesterday and got worse as the day went on. i could not shift with mt right and by dinner had to eay left handed & couldn't cut my food. it got worse aS the night progressed. it is totaling drawn up & tied up in my neck scarf as a sling & i have not been to bed yet as it was too painful. i am afraid to ask what else!
still don't have back surgery worked out so off to call them

hopefully i will be able to post replies tomorrow
Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #39  

Morning! My bg was HORRIBLE this morning! I was shocked. I had salmon, carrots and green beans for dinner. Makes NO sense to me at all. I really do not like salmon. I think I will stop fixing it for me. I do like some fish, but for some reason, I just do not like the taste of salmon.

I am wasting time. I need to go vacuum and clean up some. I did spend about 15 minutes already organizing the toy corner and throwing away the pieces to a puzzle that has never been put together, just strewn all over the floor. It was given to us used, so I don't feel too badly about wasting it. I encroached on the toy corner a bit to give us more room for the tree. Tom will carry it in tonight when he gets home. I need to be ready for it. Its SO cold here...I ought to go put on long johns and socks....

I hope I can get up the guts to go to Water Aerobics tomorrow. Its supposed to be back down in the teens tonight. It was 15 this morning. Brrr!

Will check in later..no doubt when I am trying to procrastinate again!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #40  

SOLLY: I was posting at the same time as you. Good Gracious! Does just your hand hurt or the whole arm? Could it be related to your back? Like a pinched nerve? Please let us know what the doctor says. ((hugs)) Praying for you as I vacuum....and bake.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #41  

Its Wednesday! Do you know where your scale is? I do...under the low boy where I kicked it after stepping on it this morning to find I lost 1.5 pounds! Yay! Now lets hope it STAYS gone.

I missed Water Aerobics this morning. I woke up late, and had a stuffy, headachy head. I just felt a need to have a quiet relaxed morning. Coffee and a bite of breakfast has helped a bit.

We had company for dinner last night. I did a lot of cleaning and was very proud of myself. I thought Tom would bring the tree up but it got dry during the day and he wanted to make sure it would still take up water before he brings it in. If necessary, he will make another clean cut so it will. Last year we bought a tree at Home Depot and it was dry and losing needles within a day or two. Don't want that to happen this year.

I fixed a family recipe last night...Cornish Pasties. They are meat pies with potatoes. Often they are made with turnips and rutabagas. I use just potatoes. And I slice them instead of cubing them. The crust is made with beef suet (fat). They are incredibly delicious. I only ate one small one last night and half a one for breakfast this morning. They are definitely not 'legal' for SB...but a true comfort food. I make them about once every two years. No surprise that my blood sugar was not good this morning.

SOLLY: Thinking of you and wondering how you are doing...
Old 12-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #42  

Good Morning ladies:

I just wanted to check in. I will be very busy the next week or so my husbands' best friend died yesterday unexpectedly. I will be with his wife helping her. Congrats to all the losers and I will talk to you all soon.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #43  

Good morning ladies. Glad to report my hand is about 75% better. Still going on the steroids so it should go away soon. My angiogram is scheduled for the 22nd. Not looking forward to it at all. After a roller coaster of a day with the dr's office yesterday my surger is now ON for the 27th or 28th. I will have my DD's computer at home so I will be able to post after surgery.

Ellen, I love the smell of a real tree but we have used artifcial since I was a little girl. So much easier and now they are pre-lit. Even my DD went to one this year for time as they used to go out and cut their own tree. Good job on your loss. I am not doing good. You should see our kitchen here. Food galore. There is a lot of fruit but that is not what I want ha-ha. My hand was just an RA flare up. I got off the Celebrex 2 months ago and taking something natura so I think that is it. So I guess you have to decide what you want to move and use body parts or take the chance of a heart attack or stroke. Nice choice.

Toni, I did not watch BL last night. I may go see who won n the internet. I did tape it though. I love the finale and usually keep it to rewatch as motivation.

Crystle, hope you are having a great day.

Mercee, I am so sorry for your loss and especially your DH. Please give him our condolences.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #44  

Just can't make myself get on the scale. There I've said it. I know I need to. My eating isn't right.

Solly- I hate so bad you're having such bad problems. I'll be thinking and praying for you. I did watch the BL last night. It was good. I would tell you the winner.

Ellen- Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great...

Mercee- So sorry about the death of your husbands friend. I'm sure you're going to be a good help to the family.

Crystle- How are you today?

Off to make a late breakfast. Got lots to do today.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #45  

I am waiting for my son in law to get here. They need to borrow a suitcase to take on their trip. I am worried about them driving from Atlanta to Vermont with the weather so bad...but they are getting 'all weather' tires before they go. He is bringing my grandson over with him, so I get to see him ONE more time before they leave for Christmas. Boy am I going to miss him! They will only be gone a week and a half, but with my son not here, its going to be a very quiet Christmas with TWO of my kids gone for the first time. I really should not whine. So, I will stop. Gonna count my blessings...

MERCEE: I am so sorry about your husband's friend! When it is unexpected its such a shock. Know you are in my prayers. I will be praying for strength and wisdom for you as you help his wife. I am glad you can be there for her.

SOLLY: I am glad you found out why your hand was hurting so much...RA is a nasty disease. I am sorry you are having to deal with it, the meds, and all the other stuff going on.

TONI: Get on the scale! It doesn't get any easier, and the visual will help you make better choices. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.