General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #136  

Morning ladies:

Just a quick post to check in . I was MIA I was off for a 3 day weekend and my hubby was to we had some wonderful time together. Have a great day ladies. I wil check in later.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #137  

Good afternoon everyone. Just woke up from a little nap and missed Dr. Oz darn it. Our county trucks have been working on roads today so we're kind of trapped in here. The loggers that have been working around here have ruined our road to get out of here. What a muddy mess. They're calling for snow on Thursday. Eating has been pretty good. Had some avocado for lunch and a peanut butter and sugar free sand. on whole grain bread for breakfast. Just had a few almonds for a snack. All high calorie foods but good for you.

Solly- I can't wait for the book. I've read and read on the boards at the doctors board on the diet. I wish I would hurry and get started. Wow 13 lbs. is great. You're so lucky to have someone to do it with.

Ellen- Sorry your doctor's visit wasn't helpful. I hate taking lots of medicine but I do. Did you find your knitting? Hope Tom is having a better day.

Beth- The danceing class sounds fun. Bet you're hungry today. Try not to eat the house down when you get home. LOL..... You need a big pot of veggie beef soup waiting for you when you get home.

Mercee-Glad you had a nice three day week end.

Crystle- Hows the work out going? Whats ya cooking today? Hope you're doing fine.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #138  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

I think I am too lazy for the Jillian workout. Every time I started on it the phone rang. I wasn't really feeling it. But I never got past the push-ups. I did do the jumping jacks. I did make up for it by doing two workouts today. I did a three mile dvd earlier and just finished a two mile dvd. Also did a little strength training.

We won't talk about eating. Okay I will. Lunch was tortilla chips and green salsa. I was gonna eat just one or two and ended up eating more than I planned so I made it lunch. Not sure what dinner is going to be. I haven't had fish tacos in a while.

Solly...woo hoo 13 pounds is GREAT!

Toni...do you live on a dirt road? I do and this rain has it a mess.

Ellen...I am praying you can find a doctor that you like and is knowledgeable in the issues that you are dealing with. One that has a kind staff and a caring heart.

There is a bath calling my name. I can't wait to soak. Hot water has become my new best friend.

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #139  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking Good Morning!

Happy Hump Day!!!
I weighed in last night at DanceTrance and I lost 4 pounds this week!!! WOOHOO!!! Not too bad considering I have not been totally SB legal nor have I been exercising like I need to... I can just imagine how much better I can do when I'm sticking to SB and working out! It's nice to see a loss, that is my biggest motivator! I had half a grilled chicken breast and a huge helping of green beans when I got home... then I sacked out with a book! I was a tired girl!

I remembered my gym bag today so no excuses not to go again tonight! I did forget to pack a lunch today... but I'm really craving salad! I love the veggies so I'll probably get a salad from a fast food place. Some of those are high calorie, I know... but I only use a tiny bit of dressing and it's better than a burger and fries, I'm sure! Anybody have any idea which place has the "best" option for a salad when I'm out and about?

ELLEN - I've talked to you on Facebook about the doctor situation - I hope you manage to find one that meets ALL your needs!!! Just keep doing what you know is good for you and stand up for what YOU know your body needs! I hope you're not a member of the Polar Bear Club today!

SOLLY - 13 pounds is TERRIFIC!! I'm down a total of 7 pounds since January 4th... isn't the loss motivating?!? Keep up the good work!

MERCEE - Hiiiii

TONI - I laughed so hard when I realized that I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what "sugar free sand" was - then realized you meant SANDWICH! Bahahahahaha... I haven't had any caffeine yet this morning! LOL I know what you mean about the high calorie snacks. I'm not worrying too much about it right now as long as the choices I make are SB legal.

When I did this the first time, I got some great advice that even if I had to eat an entire box of Triscuits in one sitting in the first week or so - it was a matter of getting rid of the bad foods and stopping my body from craving them. So a box of Triscuits vs. a bag of chips ... I never actually ate a whole BOX - but it made me realize that until I got out of feeling like I was desperate for the non-SB foods, the servings didn't matter so much... as long as I was making good choices. Of course you can't continue on like that or eventually the serving sizes will increase your pants size, but it worked REALLY well for me to be able to think, Yes, I'm limiting WHAT I eat - but as a bonus right now I won't limit how MUCH of the good things I have. Then once I got to where I was making good choices without having to really think about it (about 2 weeks for me, personally) I started limiting my servings. Honestly, the change my body makes when I switch to SB foods, I lost a great amount of weight even NOT watching my serving size. If that's not proof to me that I am VERY sensitive to those foods, I don't know what is!!!

Well it's time to do some work ... this paper on my desk isn't gonna file itself, unfortunately!! I hope everyone has a great Wednesday! I'm off to change my ticker!! WOOT WOOT!

Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #140  

Well stayed the same this week. Darn it. I was just sure I had lost. I was surprised when I got on the scale. Its a cold and gloomy morning here. We have to run to the market this morning and get a few things before the snow hits tomorrow.

Beth- sounds like you're doing great. What ever works for you is the best. You're right sometimes just changeing your eating habits is great. I'm not getting any exercise in and I think thats my problem.

Crystle- Yep live on a dirt road, actually its a big hill. Its a mess and I dread going up it today. Sure sounds like your work out is great. Wish I would get off my butt and do some. Keep up the good work.

Will check back later.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Ellen. sorry you didn't love your Dr. Yes, I think they make money for everything. My co-worker had the same problem with the Zocor, herlegs ached. Hope you found your knitting.

Toni, you could go on and get started on the diet. Email me if you have any questions. Did you join a site on the Doctor's website. I am afraid you will not be able to get out after we get this snow. We are expecting 3-6" tonight. I am hoping schools areclosed tomorrow so Ican spend the day with my girls. I get bored with no one to talk to here. Remember, we can do anything for 17 days.

Mercee, glad you hada great time off with your DH.

Beth, 7 lbs is great. Keep up the good work. A loss is such motivation. Portion sizes are a big deal. Cut down if you can. Keep making good choices b/c you will se a loss from that. Glad you liked your dancing class.

Crystle, I don't think those chips will hurt you. That wasn't much of a lunch anyway. You are exercisng so much anyway you worked it off.

I did get on the for 15 minutes last night. Held on and only went 2.5 mph. I forgot today was Wed and forgot to weigh. My DD dropped the baby off at the sitter and then came home to change my bandages. She fixed her breakfast and I ate forgetting to weigh so I will stick with my 13 lbs this week. I have decided to reward myself after the first 17 days with something, Not getting clothes until I am ready to go back to work and hopefully down 30 lbs. Maybe some shoes. OK off to walk on the treadmill some. No one is here but I think I will be ok. Going slow. Have a great day
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #142  

Morning! I have gone to water aerobics, acted like a polar bear (the heater was NOT fixed and the pool was 80 degrees! brrr!) and had breakfast. I really need to get my self organized and get some things done. Tom went back to work today after being off sick yesterday. I feel like I can accomplish something today with it being only 10:30!

My morning glucose levels were better this morning, which interested me greatly. Last night before bed I had a piece of toast with some cinnamon on it. I am wondering if it was that, or the fact that the doctor gave me an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Or both. So this morning, part of my breakfast was a gluten free English muffin with cinnamon on it. I used about 1/4 of a teaspoon of sugar sprinkled on the top both times, and it actually tastes very good. I will gradually decrease the sugar until I use plain cinnamon.

I went to the web page of my old doctor...the really good diabetes doctor who was arrested for molesting his women patients...and read up on the diet and exercise he recommended for his patients. I wrote it all down and will start trying to incorporate a lot of his advice. Some of it I already follow...his diet is almost exactly SB, with a bit of the Mediterranean diet thrown in. He did have his patients count calories too, so I will follow the guidelines and watch the calorie counts too. For the first time in years and years, I feel hopeful that I can make progress, and its a nice feeling!

BETH: Yay! Good for you! I think Chick Fil A has the best salads. Do you have one near you?

MERCEE: I love when I get to spend fun time with Tom. Last week with all the snow started out fun... until cabin fever began.

TONI: I hate when there is road construction around me. Hope you can get out with out any problems soon! I am all for naps! Took one myself yesterday!

SOLLY: That is a wonderful loss! How are you feeling? Stronger and better I hope!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #143  

Oh, and I still have not put my hands on my knit bag. I am reasonably sure I left it at the church and we have potluck tonight, so I will find it then. If I don't find it there tonight, THEN I will be upset!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #144  

Good morning ladies:

Congrats to all the losers great job. I forgot to weigh in this morning. I was in a hurry.

Solly- Congrats on your loss of 13lbs that is great. Keep up the good work.

Beth- 4 lbs down that is great.

Toni- It is reallycole here today and we are expecting snow tomorrow as well. Hope you get out to the store before the weather gets snowy.

Crystle- How were your fish tacos? I haven't tried any of Jillian's workouts. I really like the Biggest Loser Power Walk dvd. I usually do it twice a week just to mix things up.

Ellen- Sorry your doctor isn't helping much . Glad that your numbers are better.

Well back to work for me ladies. After work I will hit the gym tonight. Our gym got all new treadmills last week with individual tv.s I can't wait until they are hooked up. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Mercee; 01-19-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #145  

Beth I forgot to say congadulations on the 4 lbs. Way to go girl......
Old 01-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #146  
Undercover Diva

Default :)

SOLLY - oh yes I know the portions are important... I'm just saying that for me, personally, when I decided to go from all junk to SB there was a period of time where I was feeling very desperate for a "fix" of bad food and the advice I was given was that if I had to eat a LOT of something "legal" to get me through that, it was better than eating the junk instead. Once I got over the "DT's" (LOL) I was able to control the portion sizes. Different things for different people, I know... but that method helped me lose 40 pounds in 4 months the first time I did SB - that was 9 years ago, though and my metabolism is slower now so I'm being more careful but it's still a rule that I follow for myself

ELLEN - OMGosh! I can't believe you even got IN that water! Not this chick!!! I'll stick to my dry land exercises, thanks! Sounds like your old pervy doctor has some great information on his page that you can still use... good for you for looking it up!! We do have Chick-Fil-A here and there is one close! That's a good idea!!!

TONI - Thanks We had snow last week and this week is rainy and dreary so I'm ready for some SUNSHINE and dry ground, as well! This Alabama red clay makes the nastiest mud that stains and never comes out!

MERCEE - Thank you! I love those treadmills... I can watch whatever I want and get lost in the tv and forget how far I've gone instead of just staring at the darn numbers constantly. That makes me so antsy!

Ok... off to go have myself a good lunch! Grilled chicken salad I believe is today's choice! I also realized I need a good snack before I leave work to go to Dance because yesterday I felt like CRAP during class and realized it was because I hadn't eaten anything since lunch and that is HIGH intensity... I almost fell out! Probably keep some almonds or peanuts in my desk or maybe some peanut butter and an apple... IDK...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #147  

I forgot to weigh this morning, I failed to mention that earlier. I just went to the store and picked up prescriptions...not sure if this was a mistake or what, but the doctor gave me a higher dose of one of my thyroid meds. Its ok with me. We will see how the numbers go after a month on it I guess. Maybe my last numbers were not as good as I thought they were and they never changed the prescription for me. More reason to ponder who my next doctor will be.

I got a box of Clementines at the store. OH MY GOSH! This is the BEST batch of them I have ever had. Just fantastic. Its going to be hard not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #148  
Undercover Diva

Default Morning!!

I'm feeling VERY frustrated due to a massive CLUSTER*beep* with my husband's job situation right now. I'm trying VERY hard not to let it stress me to the point that I allow it to influence my eating. I've made good choices this week and I need to continue to do so regardless of any outside issues!

I did go to Dance last night... and I took a girl from work and she loved it! Now I might have a workout buddy right here in the building who can help drag me there on days I don't want to go!

I'm going to do another contest on top of the one at Dance... our state is doing a contest called Scale Back Alabama. It's for teams of 4 people and if everyone on your team loses 10 pounds in 10 weeks you are all entered to win $1000 each. I have two of the girls from Dance already interested, now to find one more girl. Maybe I'll ask the coworker! Money is some extra motivation to stick to the plan and keep exercising!!

Well I'm annoyed and frustrated and a little ticked off so I'm going to channel the energy and try and get some work done this morning!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Good morning ladies. I am movongslow this morning. Just didn't want toget up. Went to dinner last night at a place Iwould never pick,butIgot chicken fajitas w/o the sour cream, guac, and tortillia, so I just ate the chicken and peppers and onions. It had some mediteranen marinate and it was very spicy. Ithink I drank 6 glasses of water. I did not have a drink and we went back to the girls house for dessert and prizes and she had a die for cake and I passed and just had coffee. I was proud of myself. The scale was up 1 lb today but I am not worried about it. Wt flucuates and not to worry.

Toni, did you get alot of snow yet? It has not started here and is expected this afternoon and night. Schools are releasing early. This was the first weekend I have made it totally legal with no wine. I think I can do this. Has your book come yet? Staying the same is ok much better than gaining. Hang in there. I have been walking on the treadmill for 17 minutes every day. The diet says 17 minutes of exercise 2 times a day. So get on the

Ellen, 80 may be a little cold for me. I am a warm water fan. Burn those calories. Glad you are getting some diet info from your old dr. Got to make the best of it. Hope you find your knitting tonight. I love Clementines, no seeds.

Beth, Don't turn your frustration to food, do some exercise or work. Losing for money is a great motivation. Having an exercise buddy will be so much help to make you go.

Crystle,

Waiting on DH to come home for lunch. It will be turkey, maybe a salad with turkey. Yum. Dinner is a chicken stir fry. Never have done it before so we will see.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #150  

Hello! I did not make it in time to say good morning..so good afternoon!

I found my knitting bag last night. It was at the church on one of the tables in the fellowship hall where we met Sunday night. I did NOT put it there, so I guess it got moved when they were setting up Sunday night and I did not see it with my book and notebook and forgot it. I knitted some during the potluck and Bible study last night, so all is good.

I feel bad this morning...sore throat and tightness in my chest that signals the onset of bronchitis to me. I plan to rest and try and beat it before it gets worse. I am on antibiotics too, which ought to help.

My Wii Fit is supposed to be delivered today. Once it gets here, I make no promises to stay in bed resting.

SOLLY: Good for you passing up the cake! And passing up the extras at the restaurant! I have such a hard time passing up the chips at Mexican restaurants. I could eat several baskets of them myself without even realizing it.

BETH: That is right..don't spoil your good choices by caving for emotional eating. Not worth it! I hope you find a fourth team member, and you win that moola! You can come to Hotlanta to spend it! No?! I will be happy to help...

Last edited by Ellen; 01-20-2011 at 12:35 PM.