General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #106  

We got about an inch of snow last night. Now the bitter cold is supposed to come in tomorrow. I'm dreading that. I was hoping my scale would get here but don't think anyone is going to try and get up the hill to the mail box.

Ellen- You really got slammed with the snow. Hope you don't have to walk to the store. But its really nice its only a mile away. Guess we'll have leftover soup for dinner. Wish I had your WI game here to play. LOL

Solly- Hope the 17 day diet book is good. I just love a new book. Sounds like you've been keeping really busy. I sure hope you don't have to go back to work yet. I made a dip for my veggies last night so I have something good to snack on.

Crystle- Would you tell me how you made your chickpeas. I've been wanting to try them roasted for a long time. Hey what a nice compliment on your veggie beef soup. Hows your weather.

Mercee- Good news on your colonoscopy. Guess you're back at work. Hope you're having a good day.

Anyone watching the Biggest Loser? Don't forget its on tonight.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #107  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll

I am one sore cookie! I did a new workout and then the next day did 100 squats with my four mile challenge hoping to work out the stiffness. It did not work out that way. Hubby says being active will help so I did the four fast miles video a little while ago. Hope I can move later. LOL

Toni...they are so easy to make. I just drained two cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and then spread them on a cookie sheet. Baked them about an hour at 375. I did sprinkle a little cajun seasoning on them. I've read other recipes that added olive oil but I didn't want the calories. They taste different once they are roasted. Very nutty and delicious.

Ellen..wow that is a lot of snow. It is frigid here. Gonna get a hard freeze tonight but not snow or ice.

Mercee...not cooking anything special tonight. I did make an awesome squirrel stew the other night. I kept the meat separate and that kept it from becoming too stringy. I just served the meat on top. I didn't eat any meat because the veggies filled me up.

Solly....Praying if you are not ready to go back to work that you don't have too. WTG getting things done around the house. I had a productive day yesterday but today I'm doing lazy.

((Everybody)) Praying you all stay safe and warm with this nasty weather.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #108  

Good late morning. Still drinking my coffee and haven't even got up to cook our breakfast/lunch. Its bitter cold here today so I'll be staying in. I was hoping my scale would come in. Its supposed to be today. But then again no one is going up the hill to check the mail. Theres still ice and snow on our big hill to get out of here. Eating has been pretty good.

Crystle- Thanks for the recipe for the chickpeas. I'm going to try that. I need something I can snack on.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #109  

Morning ladies:

Crystle:I think I will try your chickpeas recipe this weekend. Hope you are not as sore today.

Toni- Stay warm. We got 6 inches of snow last night. I hate the combination of snow and ice. Hope you guys get a thaw soon.

Well back to work just wanted to check in. Have a great day everyone.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #110  

Day 3 and this is not the end of it! The high today is only 30, and tomorrow as well. Friday, thankfully, the temps are climbing up to 40 and hopefully that will be the end of the snowlapaloosa...or snowpoclypse, or whatever they are calling it right now. I feel antsy and anxious and need to find something constructive to do other than play that game on my Wii. I am thinking I need to paint something this afternoon. I have a few clementines, so it maybe an orange painting! This is the WORST snow in I have seen in 40 years of living in Georgia. I realize 5 or 6 inches of snow is nothing, but with no plows, or salt trucks, roads are treacherous, and its hilly here. They closed a major road near us because no one could make it up the hill of the bridge over another road. And there are plenty of nut cases out trying to drive in it. Its just not worth the risk! My daughter tried to go to work on Monday and barely got out of her sloped driveway. Her husband decided to hike up and check out the entrance to the neighborhood before they proceeded, and found six cars, some that had crashed into each other, at the entrance, unable to make it up the hill and out. She has been home from work three days now.

I refused to weigh this morning. No exercise and the stress of being confined to the house is not boding well for the numbers there. I will pass this week.

I hope everyone is doing fine, and warm and safe.

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #111  

Default Good morning

Weight is about the same. Between 160 and 161. Hoping to see a loss soon but not holding my breath. I've been bouncing around this weight for the last three weeks. Sometimes upwards of 163. I'm working out and adding strength training so I'm doing my part.

It is really really cold here right now. Though not as cold where you are Ellen. Hope you get defrosted and back to normal soon.

Toni...What did you think of Biggest Loser last night? I just love that show. I'm gonna miss Jillian. I wish they could talk her into staying. I hope Bob doesn't leave also.

Mercee...thank you. Doing much better today. Still sore but I have some of my mobility back.

Solly...hope you are having a good day so far.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. I went to my DD's yesterday since schoolk was closed and everyone would be there and I would be alone. Played with the baby and helped her pack some things. We have been eating out for over a week. It has been stopped. I started the 17 day diet today. Not to bad. Eating food I would never eat before. For lunch I had a salad with canned tuna on it with olive oil and balasamic vinegar. It was pretty good. I figure I can do anything for 17 days and hopefully be motivated to go on to the next 17 days when you add in grains, etc and then caloried cycling (which Gator has lost tons of wt on) and then the next 17 days.

Going to the dr tomorrow. Sure hope he dosen't make me go back to work. I am loving being home.

Watching DrOz while typing this and they are talking about diabetes and pancreatic cancer. Very interesting. Check it out or look at the web site for all of you with diabetes.

Ellen, I can't believe you go so much snow. We only got about 4". Schools were closed yesterday but went today. Luckily we have salt trucks and scrapers. They usually put down brine on the roads the day before the snow is ex[ected. Hope you don't run out of things. Even though we ususally canget out, people still flock to the stores.

Mercee, glad you are mixing up your routines, it really helps. I will find out tomorrow if I can walk on the or start other things. It is always so cold in Chicago, but I guess you all are used to it. I hate winter so much.

Toni, I am surprised you did not get much snow. Must be the way it came in. It is only 19 here and the wind is horrible, I think the chillfactor is 4. Very coldHope you get your scale soon. I took a 5 lb wt and put it on mine to make sure it was at the right wt. I was actually down 10 lbs since the hospital. Who know what is right.

Crystle, I am surprised that you were sore and you are working hard to work it out. Before you would have waited until it was gone. Good for you. I just heard what was good for sore muscles but as usual I have forgotten. You are a workout fool now. You are catching up with Mercee. I love the BL. I was so glad they all got to stay another week.

Now they are having a lady who left the audience and decided to lose wt. She apparently has a secrete weapon. Can't wait to see what that is. Have a great day. Will talk to you all tomprrow afternoon.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #113  

Ellen, I forgot to ask you. This diet tells me to put yogurt in a strainer and bowl and refrigerate to make yogurt cheese. Have you ever done this? What does it taste like. THis was to make a veggie dip.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #114  

SOLLY: Yes, I have done that. You can also put it in cheese cloth in a strainer to drain. Honestly, though, Greek yogurt is about the same thing! It tastes like a mild, no fatty cream cheese and is actually quite good. Its very useful. Many cultures...Indian, Mediterranean, etc., use yogurt cheese a lot.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #115  

Well Steve is getting ready to go to town and get my package. Its my new scale. Guess I'll weigh and make that my start. Need to get up and do some cleaning. Its another cold day here again. I think its 15 out.

Solly- How'd your doctor's appointment go? Do you have to go back to work yet? Would love to have the 17 day diet book. Its so darn expensive. No new snow but they're calling for it Sunday.

Crystle- I liked Biggest Loser this week. I can't imagine the show without Jillian. Maybe your body is just adjusting to the working out. Maybe you need to eat a little more.

Ellen- Did you get to the grocery store? I'll need to go Friday or Sat.

Mercee- Wow you've got the snow too. I hate the ice.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #116  

Well my battery went down and I lost my post. I went to the Dr today and to make a long story short, I can't drive or go back to work until March 15. I can walk on a treadmill with no incline and slowly. I think I will wait until someone can be with me. I sure don't want to fall off. I had popped one stitch so he had to put benadine on it and dress it. We have to do this 2 times a day so it doesn't get infected.

Toni, Day 2 on my 17 day diet. I hadn't lost any wt this morning. Following it to a T so hoping I see some results soon. You can go to the Docgtors website and click on 17 day diet and I beleive they have the basics on there. It is a good website for blogs, etc. My DD is going to start on Monday. It is going to be hard for her being young and going out all the time. I guess Jillian has had so much success with her new show she will devote more time to it, I hate to see her go but the new ones seem pretty good. Hope you like your new scale. I need one too.

Crystle, I hope to catch up to your new low weight.

Mercee, hope you are doing great today.

Have a great day
Ellen, I love Greek yogurt. I think it tastes like cheesecake.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #117  

Tom went to work today. It was slow and some of the roads were still very icy. He made it ok. My daughter went to work today too...her car slid off the road and she landed in a ditch. Some guys came by and towed her out though. Scared me! I hope she can find a safer way to work tomorrow.

Its finally going to warm up a bit tomorrow. Up to around 40 they say. That ought to help the driving situation around here. This has been the worse I have seen in the 40 years I have lived in Georgia!

I kept dinner simple tonight...chicken vegetable soup and grilled ham and cheese. It was classic and pretty good!

I must mosey on to bed. Good night!

Old 01-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #118  

Good morning everyone. Its a sunny cold day here. I'm figuring out what to have for breakfast. I love my new scale but it weighed me gaining 3 lbs. more. So I'll go with that. Boy am I sick of being overweight. So I'm back at work on me.

Solly- I'm so glad you're off till March 15th. That's great. Heal and get well. A good time to get your weight going in the right direction. I've read so much about the 17 day diet on the doctor's website. I can't wait till you start getting results. I like the idea of drinking the lemon juice in the morning. My Grandmother lived to be in her 90's and she drank lemon juice every morning.

Ellen- Oh my gosh how scary for your daughter. So glad she wasn't hurt. Hope the car wasn't damaged. I can't believe you've had so much snow. They didn't plow our hill so we can't get our car up the hill here. We hate it cause we need it out of here. Maybe today it will melt some. Your dinner sounds good. I love simple and filling.

Well need to get up and cook. I'm watching Rachael Ray's show. She's cooked like ten things this morning and not one has been healthy.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #119  

Hello! Its about 40 here, praise God. The snow is melting some, and the roads are looking a good bit better. I am not going out today though. I have a friend coming over for coffee. She lives here, but has been in Washington state caring for her elderly mother. She came home about a month ago and leaves early next week to go back. It looks like they will put her mom in an assisted living facility so she will probably be home for good in a few months. This will be our last coffee date before she leaves.

I prepped a canvas to paint. Not entirely sure what I am going to paint yet, but I am ready!

I weighed this morning. I was up 1/2 a pound. Without being able to get out and go to water aerobics, I did not think that was very bad. I just ordered Wii Fit Plus - can't wait for it to get here!- so I will be all set with fun exercise alternatives if I ever get stuck at home again.

Tom and I bowled last night. It was fun...I may go practice some so I can beat him. He beat me soundly last night.

TONI: Do you like Rachael Ray? She is my least favorite on the Food Network. I think my favorite is Ina Garten- Barefoot Contessa. I also like Giada DeLaurentis, but her food is often not very healthy. And then, there is Paula Deen! I LOVE watching her, but I swear she doesn't cook anything remotely healthy! Everything has at least a stick of butter in it!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #120  

Default Howdy ya'll

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I went and spent some time with my mama. She hasn't been feeling very well. She gave me a wonderful hammered aluminum pot that matches a larger on I have. Papa Honey bought her a set of stone pots he saw on tv. They seem to be pretty good. She gave me the small fry pan and it cooks an egg with no oil and really does just wipe clean. Even when I melted a spoon on the edge is just wiped off.

Solly..thanks for your encouragement. I'm whiny about working my tootie off and the scales not cooperating. Goal is so close and yet at the same time so far away if that makes any sense. I read an article in a magazine the other day and a lady my height started her journey at my goal weight and then lost 30 pounds. Sometimes those kind of articles drive me nuts. I'm glad you are going to be able to slowly walk on your treadmill. It will make you feel better to be moving. AWESOME that you get to stay home and heal.

Ellen...you'll be beating Tom in no time. You just have to find the place in the game to throw the ball and always throw your arm the same way. If you take less of a typical bowling throw and just jerk the controller it gives you more accuracy. I didn't get a chance to respond about good games the other day. I've heard the just dance is a great way to burn calories and a lot of fun. No special equipment required.

Toni..woo hoo. So glad you got your new scales. I've been threatening mine that if they don't go down I might get new ones. It just mocks me. I'm sorry to see Jillian leave but excited for her. She wants to adopt I've heard and wants to put her energy into that. Plus she is spokes woman for so many products and sites now.

Mercee...How is your week going? Have you had to battle with a plateau yet?

Time to figure out some lunch before it is dinner time. I'm thinking of fish tacos. I had some for breakfast yesterday and they really hit the spot. Only about 275 calories for two. Sauteed onions, jalapeno, a little over 4 ounces of tilapia and two corn tortillas. I topped that with hot sauce. Today I may make a little pico de gallo for the top.

((Everybody)) May each day bring you a step closer to your goals. May you love yourself and know you are the best you ever!

God bless,
Crystle