General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #61  

Hello Ladies:

Just a quick post. Congrats to all the losers here. I am down 3 pounds and now I am the lowest that I have been in 10 years. I feel great. I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas. I will check in later and read all the post I missed.

Last edited by Mercee; 12-23-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #62  

I just finished my second cup of coffee...this one laced with Amaretto. I unloaded the kiln this morning. The one piece I needed for tonight cracked. Its a weird crack I can not explain right now. I hate when these things happen...and doubly so when I NEEDED the piece and it was going well...its as if some evil kiln spirits just were messing with me.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #63  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas ya'll

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #64  

I survived the quiet Christmas quite well indeed! Christmas eve was nice, food was fantastic and I ate way too much! My morning blood sugar was through the roof. Argh. This morning too! Yesterday we went to our daughters and hung out and played a board game. It started snowing and we had to drive home in the snow. It was still fairly warm so the roads were not icy yet. That came later! Today its been a bit warmer and the roads are dry. We even had church! It was sparsely attended due to some folks not being able to get out of their driveways, but but we had no trouble. Today is Tom's birthday, so I made him breakfast in bed, then took him out to lunch at a Mexican place we like. I ate way too many chips. This afternoon I ended up taking an hour nap! Tom painted about half of the office. yay! Progress! We will move my desk and computer over into that area, then paint the rest of the room so he can move his computer back in here, and out of my studio!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am worried about my daughter and her husband and my grandson. They left Vermont yesterday afternoon and stopped at friends in New Jersey. They are now stuck there, as there is about 12 inches of snow and blizzard warnings! I am so glad they have a place to stay...but I hate the thought of them trying to drive home in the mess. She was supposed to be at work tomorrow....

Old 12-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #65  

Had a wonderful Christmas with my family. I so enjoyed my son being here along with my sweet DIL and Grandson. We had such a nice time. Rested most of yesterday after the kids left to go back to Texas. Steve took down the Christmas decorations so we're just about back to normal. Sure have a load of leftovers. I'll be glad when they're gone.

Ellen- Hope your daughter was able to leave New Jersey. Glad you had a good Christmas. Dang those BS readings.

Heading for the shower. Hope you're all having a wonderful day.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #66  

Default Quickie Post

It ate my post but I wanted to let ya'll know I'm here and thinking about ya'll. Will post later when I have a bit more time.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 12-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #67  

Well, now there is about 30 inches of snow where my daughter is stranded with friends in New Jersey. Thankfully, they have a nice place to stay with friends. They are hoping the roads will be passable tomorrow. They were going to start out this afternoon, but since North Carolina and Maryland are in a state of emergency, it is not lawful to drive on the impassable roads unless its an emergency, so they must stay put another day. I hope they can leave in the morning.

Tom has been rearranging and painting the office. My desk is all moved now, and he re-set my computer. I spent the day throwing in the cold cold garage! I got a good bit done, but I have lots to trim and finish tomorrow. It will be a busy day, as I am going to the farmer's market, then tomorrow night I am fixing dinner for some friends with a new baby, and we are supposed to eat with them at their house.

TONI: I am glad you had a good Christmas! I can't believe you have your decorations down already! We have not even had Christmas yet! We are planning it for Sunday...

SOLLY: Thinking of you...hope you are doing ok.

MERCEE: Hope you are ok. Have you got snow? We do! First white Christmas in 120 years for Atlanta!

Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #68  

Twas the day after Christmas and all thru the house,
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste,
at holidays parties had gone to my waist.
So I won't have hot biscuits,
or soda or pie.
I'll suck on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, it's awful, and life is a bore
But isn't that what January is for?
No longer a giggle, no longer a riot,
Happy New year to all ~
and to all a good diet!!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #69  

Default Howdy

Too funny Toni.

Ellen, I am good. My daughter got engaged. She, her fiance and little man were in a wreck but they are fine. We were also able to find out that she is carrying another boy. I keep teasing her and telling her she is gonna have to try one more time to give me a girl. Did it snow where you live?

Solly...hope you are getting stronger every day.

Mercee...Hope you are having a nice holiday.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 12-28-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #70  

Well I think tomorrow is turkey enchiladas. Got to get rid of some of that turkey. LOL.....

Ellen- I can't believe you haven't had your Christmas yet. We're resting up this week from all the hoop la. Hope your daughter and family got out of New Jersey okay.

Crystle- That is so cool your daughter got engaged. Thats awful about the wreck but glad they weren't hurt.

Solly- Thinking of you.... Hope you're doing well.....

Mercee-How are you?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #71  

I got a text from my daughter tonight...they were in Virginia and she said traffic was horrible. At least they are headed home. They ought to be here in another 6 to 8 hours, though I think they have to stop a lot with a four year old and a puppy. (yes, they took their dog along...)

I made dinner for some friends with a new baby tonight. We went over there and ate with them and played Wii with their four and five year olds. It was fun. I did not do well in archery or bowling tonight, but I enjoyed it. I flew an airplane too..and did not crash once. I did not get any points either, but at least I did not crash. Tom crashed four or five times!

COUNTRY: Congrats to your daughter on her engagement! When is the wedding going to be? Will it be a big to do, or just a small affair or something in between? Yes, it snowed here. A lot! We got maybe three inches. That is a good amount for here. Its still on the ground in places that are shady. I expect it to be gone tomorrow when the temps climb a bit higher into the 50's.

TONI: That is cute...and unfortunately too true! I can't believe we have not done Christmas yet either! I was afraid it would be awful, but it is actually not so bad! I am just amazed at how much frenzy there is to get things done, etc. etc. then as soon as the day is over, it just stops cold. No more Christmas carols on the radio, the stores start pulling down the decor, etc. Weird!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #72  

Oh my gosh I got on the scale after weeks of avoiding it. I've gained so much and its so much worse than I thought it would be. Well no one to blame but myself. Glad its over.

Ellen- I hope your kids got home safe and sound.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #73  

Default Good morning

Toni..((hugss)) Hang in there. There is a good chance part of that is water weight. You will see the pounds start to fall off. You can do this.

Ellen..not sure about the wedding. I know it will be a few years from now and in the Catholic church. So glad your baby is on the way home.

((Everybody))) Looking forward to the new year with ya'll.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 12-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #74  

Default From Solly!!

Good afternoon. Just sharing an update from Jackie:

"Surgery went well just a plate in lieu of screws, rods. Got sick yesterday when I walked& sat in chair. But doing much better today. Will go home later today or definitely tomorrow. Be on line as soon as I can."

I told her we were praying for her. So good to hear from her for sure.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #75  

Good to hear how Solly is doing....

We finished painting the office tonight. Well, Tom did most of it. It looks great. I loaded up the kiln and have been 'candling' it. That means you turn it on very low to dry stuff out. I will hopefully get to fire it tomorrow. Then it will be a rush to glaze it all and fire again before Sunday.

Its bedtime..so good night and sweet dreams!