General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #271  

Woo Hoo Crystle. You go girl!!!!! So proud of you. Dang the lbs. are falling off the ladies here.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies, Have to make this quick as I have to go to the sitter and get my GS. No other kids are there and he loves to play with Pawpa so I thhought I would gethim. Even though we are keeping him tomorrow night while they go to a concert. I did not walk yesterday. it was windy, SIL came in and it was dinner time before my DH got home and I can't use the treadmill while DD is studying.

It is warm here but still windy. Hoefully we will walk when he gets homem today.

Ellen, I fogot to tell you I sawo On Dr Oz (I learn something every day) ha-ha 2 teasponfuls of vinegar at a meal will lower your bloodsuger. You can make it into dressing such as balsamic if you want. Worth a try I guess.

Toni, no plans for the weekend. Grocery and keeping the baby Sat. We have a sink draining problem, so HD has to work on that tomorrow and we have to work at the mission at noon tomorrow. Hope you make it to the store. Hope DH feels better.

Beth, You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to fit into old clothes. Keep up the good work. You can go on line to the Doctorstv.com and check out the posts on the diet and see what you think. I like it and I like changing the food every 17 days.

Crystle,hope you are feeling better today. You are amazing, feeling poorly and still working out. You go girl.

Jenn, Welcome to our group. This is an easy diet to do. My first go around I lost 105 lbs. I have switched to the 17 day diet nowfor discipline. But you can do it and it is smart to do it while you are young so your skin can go back into shape as you get older you lose the elasticity in it.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. At this age, its just another day and just glad you made it. ha-ha.

Have a great weekend. Will try to get on.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'8"

Toni- I live in Madison, WI. Great place to live but a whole lot of crazy going on right now!!!

Solly- Thanks! I hope I'll be successful and lose some weight on it. Losing 105 lbs is great motivation!

I'm actually up in MN this weekend for my sister's wedding recpetion. She got married in Mexico last month (which we were at and was amazing!) so now it's time for the reception. I did get up and swim some laps in the pool this morning, not much though because then my niece got up and wanted to swim too

This afternoon will be spent running around, wearing high heels (great for my legs anyway!) and keeping the craziness in check LOL

Hope the weather around here cooperates Starting tonight we're supposed to get up to a foot of snow, which will make my 4 hour drive home a lot longer!!

Have a great weekend ladies!
luckymeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #274  

Luckymeeks: Welcome to our group I am looking forward to getting to know you. I hope you have a blast at the reception.

Solly- Enjoy your weekend with your GS.

Well ladies have a great weekend. I am getting ready to hit the gym.

Last edited by Mercee; 02-19-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #275  

Well went to our little town market and they never have anything I want but today they had cabbage and stuff for me to make a chicken veggie soup. So I'm thawing out breasts to make it tomorrow. I'm ready to start back on the 17 day diet tomorrow. Can't wait to get back to eating right. I'm doing lousy right now on eating right. Can't believe we're having a beautiful spring day. Tomorrow starts the rains and lower temp. Hope you're all having a good week end.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #276  

Good evening ladies, thought I would get on here as I have a dr appt in the morning and not sure what time I would get on here. Didn't do much this weekend, baby was here and left this afternoon. Went to Borders and got some books as they are going out of business close to me. My DDcollect Dr Suess book and she bought about 200.00 worth of one she doesn't have. So I think now she has them all. She is a book fanatic.

Toni, hope you get a good start on the diet. I like it, I am not losing much now. I am on the cycle 2. I made some white chili tonight so that will be a good lunch. I also made some BBQ chicken for lunches. I bought one of the those rotessari chickens and used it for both.

Jenn, enjoy the reception,

Mercee, Guess you made it to the gym for the weekend,

Talk to you tomorrow
Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #277  

Morning! The pool is closed today for Presidents Day, so I am going to have to get out and walk for exercise today. Going to call my walking buddy in a bit. Wish she would call me, cause I am feeling definitely unmotivated this morning.

I just finished my second cup of espresso, and it is not helping the serious energy shortage I am feeling. I need to change my clothes and go down to the garagio and trim stuff and pull handles.

Last night, I put my evening meds in a ziplock bag and put them in my pocket to take to church for the women's program. (we cook and eat dinner...) When it was time to take them before we ate, they were not in my pocket. I have searched everywhere and can't find them! Grrr! One of the pills is like $3 a dose..hate that I lost them.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #278  

Good morning. Tummy is growling and I'm going to have to eat soon. Think I'll make a couple of soft boiled eggs. I'm having coffee right now. I weighed this morning and have lost another lb. today. Hope it holds till Wed. Its blustery looking outside and dark in here. Think we might be in for some rain.

Ellen- Thats awful about your pills. What a dissapointment to not be able to take them. I've had the hardest time remembering my morning medicine the past couple of days for some reason. Hope you have a nice walk and really enjoy it once you get out there.

Solly- I hope your doctor's appointment goes well. I was pleased to get on the scale and it said I had lost a lb. Maybe my eating wasn't so bad last week. I'm anxious to get going on the 17DD. I want to lose some of this weight so bad. Oh to be out of the 190's would be a dream.

Will check back later. Going for food....
Old 02-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #279  

Haven't walked yet...went down and worked in the garagio first. The pots I threw on Saturday were getting almost too dry to work with. I got them all trimmed and handles pulled and stuff decorated. Then I spent some time wedging up reclaim. (reclaim is clay scraps you re-wet and then you have to knead it until its consistent and smooth...lots of work!)

I have to change and find something to eat...and now I must go investigate the thump I just heard downstairs. ?????

Old 02-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #280  

Good afternoon ladies, Went to the RA doc today,nothing exciting to report. Sometimes I think they are a waste of time. Had my bloodwork done so we will see if eating better has had an influence on my labs.

Toni, congrtats on the 1lb loss. Now you are on your way. I was an 185.5 this morning so I was happy about that. I so want to lose 10 or 15 more before I go back to work. I made the best white chili last night. We had it for lunch today.

Ellen, How horrible you lost your pills. Plus you did not get to take your required meds. I hope that sound was not bad you heard. My dr suggested water exercising but it is not easy to do when you work.

Crystle, hope you are feeling better today.

Mercee, hope work is going great today. Monday's suck.

Jenn, hope things are going good with you,

Does anyone have a Kindle? I just got one as it is hard for me to hold a book and I love to read but I am having trouble getting my books.

Tomorrow is my appt with my back doc. Hope he releases me to drive.

Off to call the Amazone people I guess for help. Have a great day.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #281  

SOLLY: I have Kindle on my iPhone. Not the same thing, so I am not able to help you. I hope you get it all sorted out. I never could figure out what that thump was. sigh. The cat was skulking around, and I was sure he did something, but what I don't know!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #282  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Good evening ya'll. I'm starting to feel more like myself. No major coughing fits and I did a workout. Nothing to brag about but I did get it done. By the end I was praying I could finish. I've done nothing else. My energy isn't quite all back yet. I think conking out at 8:30 last night was key to feeling so much better today.

Solly...I hope you get good labs back from the doctors and that you are released to drive. I like white chili. Did you use ground turkey?

Ellen...OH man. I hope someone finds your medicine. Did you ever get that walk?

Toni..woo hoo on losing another pound.

Mercee and luckymeeks...howdy ((hugs))

Off to take a soak. I think it is going to be another early night. I probably won't go to sleep that early but I can climb under the covers and watch some shows I have recorded.

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #283  

I just got in from helping an old old friend. I had not talked to her in years, but she called and asked me to help her with a cake she got for a shower. The person who made it did a horrible job and charged her WAY too much. I went over and redecorated the cake for her. It did not look good enough for the price she paid for sure.

I am eating curried chickpeas and spinach on brown rice for lunch, then I am going to walk with my walking buddy.

I hope everyone is having a good day today! Its beautiful here! Blue skies and sunny!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #284  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Finally starting to feel more like me. Still some sinus issues but overall my energy is coming back and I'm eating like a normal person again. Things finally have flavor.

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey girls! Hope everyone is doing well today

Solly- I'm getting some sort of e-reader for my birthday in March, told the hubby that's what I really want. I can't wait, but righ now I'm investigating all the different kinds out there.

Crystle- glad to hear you are feeling better

Ellen- I actually used to be a cake decorator for a couple of years. Nothing too fancy, just worked in a grocery store doing sheet cakes mostly, but I loved it. I actually really miss it. I'm thinking about going back to school for pastry arts once my husband finishes his degree and gets a good job.

All is well with me. My sister's recpetion was great! We ended up having to leave early (1030 Saturday night) to beat the weather. I was bummed we left early, bummed Dave had to drive 4 hours home in the middle of the night and bummed we had to miss the rest of it, but oh so happy we didn't get stuck in MN till Monday like the rest of my family did

Now it's back to work, back to the grind. I cannot wait for spring! We've gotten so much ice and snow so it's been hard to get outside and even hard to be motivated inside the house to do any working out.
luckymeeks is offline   Reply With Quote