General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:32 AM   #76  
Long Lost Chickie

Whoa Dyan!! I'm cleaning out my spare bedroom. You're coming to live with me, girlie!! I need you to talk to me like you did in your last few posts every morning!!! And may I add ... WOW!!

I think I've mentioned being a cancer survivor since joining this thread. I agree with Dyan that you have to ENJOY life!! That's the biggest thing I've learned. Life is entirely too short to spend it worrying about things. P.S. I'm NOT a healthy eater either. Cheeseburgers and pizza sound good to me too!

Having said that, I'm learning a bit about eating a little better on this program. Fortunately, it's not one of those "plain fat free yogurt for breakfast, carrot sticks for lunch and one slice of low-cal bread and an apple for dinner" type diets. It's more a "3 slices of pizza instead of the usual 4 (5? 6?) today".

Crud. I'm making myself hungry.

Oh, Tiffany!! Yoo Hoo!! Ms. Tifffffannnyyyyy.... Um, me 'n' Dyan are leavin' you in the dust girlie!!! Nanny nanny boo boo!!!! You gonna' let us do that to you!?! Huh? Are ya'?? Come on. Show me whatcha got, 'k?

Sorry. That was just supposed to me my "inspirational" speech to you, Tiff. Come on. We need you out of that slump. And uh could you send me maybe just one of those little PB cups. Um, just a little one. I promise only one. Yeah, right. I know how it is, girlfriend. They just attack, don't they?

Well, like Tiff and Huntress, the winter fills me with all the "hibernation" feelings. Dark when you get up. Dark when you go to work. Dark when you come home. Dark when you go to bed. Cold and dark. Yuck. Last year, I swore I was going to bundle up and get out there and try something like snow-shoeing or cross country skiing. Nope. Maybe this year?? Hey, I can at least see if I remember how to make snow angels and build snowmen. Can't stop the seasons from changing but maybe I can try to go with the flow a bit more this year.

Speaking of flowing, I have to fill the water bottle again. Then I suppose I should get some work done. We moved a new filing cabinet into the department yesterday afternoon and it has to be cleaned and then a bit of organization needs to happen. How long do you think it'll take me to find all kinds of "stuff" to fill it with?

Have a good one!
Old 08-21-2002, 11:11 AM   #77  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm back. And I am large and in charge. (But not for long, soon I will be thin and in charge)

Great advice Dyan. I was trying to think about the reasons I wanted to be thin, and what I would do once I was there. I need to start living life like a thin person. Eat what thin people eat and do what they do. There was a great thread around here somewhere talking about how your thin friends eat. I think we could all do some good for ourselves to remind ourselves that even thin people don't JUST eat veggies. I have seen all those thin people at the fair eating their funnel cakes and corn dogs. And NO, not all of them are teenagers. Which leads me to believe that it is OKAY to occasionally indulge in things that we love.

I need to plan ahead for the winter. Winter is my time for cooking and baking and making those "stick to your ribs" foods.
So, I need to prepare. My biggest downfall is not taking the time to cook healthy for the entire family. I will make a pan of hamburger helper for the kids and then be tempted to eat a big bowl of it.

RIGHT HERE ON THIS SITE, down under Weight Watchers recipes, are fabulous casserole and soup recipes, etc. I KNOW there are recipes there that my kids will eat. The best thing is....they tell how many servings, and how many calories/points are in a serving. So when I make a casserole, I can look at the pan and cut it into 8 servings and KNOW that I am having ONE serving and be able to accurately account for my calories for the day.

The problem is...I need to get organized. I need to plan a menu and make a list and just do it.

Today is a new day, and I am done vacationing in Funkytown. It was enlightening, but my next stop is MotivationVille, and my bags are packed. Meet you all there for a Diet Soda on the beach.

Hugs to all of you. You are all so brave and strong, and I am so proud and happy that we are all sticking together and getting this done. It is SO easy to get frustrated and stop posting here and hide out and let things go, but just coming here is half the battle. The reminders and the good advice and tips are SO important.

You know, winter this year can be a HUGE success for all of us if we let it be. We don't have the vacations and the fairs and the temptations. We have the power to work hard this winter under the guise of bagging sweaters and have new bodies to unveil in the spring. And if we work hard, we won't have to worry about our Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. We will make sensible choices and be able to indulge with our families on those wonderful days.

Oh yeah, and Halloween? Be the mean ***** in the neighborhood that gives out dental floss. Or fruit rollups or sugar free gum. LOL, you may have to clean egg off your porch, but you won't be raiding the bowl!!!

Well, I am motivated. I am on track again and I owe it to you. Sometimes, I am just not strong enough to pull myself out of the funk.

HEY, I bought one of the Walking Away The Pounds videos. I should have bought the 2 mile, but I bought the 3 mile. Maybe I will give it a try. It was only 6 bucks at Target.

I'm heading to the recipe section to get some ideas.
Hugs,
Tiff
Old 08-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Yeah!!!! I love to see people boarding the train and leaving Funkytown! . I love MotivationVille, and when I hit Funkytown, and I know I will as we all do at one time or another, I will have to come back and read about MotivationVille!

Huntress ~ That is so wonderful that you realize that you can do this. This is the longest I've ever stuck to any kind of Plan. I am trying to enjoy it, embrace it, instead of dreading it. When it comes to exercise, I don't think about it. Can you believe that? When it's close to the end of the day, here at work and I start thinking about walking or doing step, I start to dread it. So I just don't. I get in my car, drive home and the very first thing I do, is go potty , hehe. Okay really, I throw in my tape and go to town. I do the walk away the pounds (I have all three and have been doing the 2 miles) or my step tape. The 2 miles takes only 30 minutes. Once I'm done, I rewind the tape so that it's ready for the time. Then I go about my daily business. I feel satisfied that I did it, and that's why I continue.

Tiger ~ Have you thought about investing in exercise videos? I actually bought another box, last night at Costco (or in some places it's called Sam's Club). I bought a box set of "The Firm", it has 4 videos and it was only $17. It has a 5 day abs tape, upper body, legs, and advanced carido (I won't be opening that one for a while ). I need to get things mov'n and shakin in this chunky body!

Cafe ~ Where are you girl? I hope your not in Funytown . Come baaacccckkkk........

Jello ~ I'll be there in a flash! It sounds like your on a very good plan. I wish I could find someone to not only plan but cook my meals!! HA. Kudos to you! If I had to go to a gym, I probably wouldn't make it very often. I'm such a slug. There is a gym a few blocks from my house. When I do drive by I think that maybe I should stop in and see what they got going on, but then I know me. I'll go everyday for about a week and then slowly stop going all together. I would have to go in the wee hours of the morning. Before work and I have to be here at 6am. After work's no go for me, because as soon as I walk in the door, DH has to leave to go to work and he doesn't get home until after 11pm. I stay up until he gets home, so as it is I only get about 5 hours of sleep a night! So I commend you on being able to do it!

Tiff ~ Just a warning... that Leslie Sansome can be really annoying! But once you get past that, and can drown her out, it'll be all good. I'm so happy that your back! I wish I had some organizational tips, but I'm so unorganized myself. Like I said before, I am such a slug. The other day, I was cleaning DD's room and didn't get around to feeding my kids until about 8pm!! Bad mommy !! I usually try to buy Halloween candy that I don't like. One year when I lived in Utah, I bought bags of candy I didn't like, and good thing too. Because not 1 single kid came to our door! Our house was decorated and everything. Oh well...

And speaking of Halloween.... I was wondering if you ladies were up for a Halloween mini goals, challenge. Can you tell, I love challenges? We would start Labor day, we post a weight loss mini goal and see how well we do. It would be an 8 week thing. For example: My mini goal would be 264 (which would be 16lbs in 8 weeks or 2 lbs a week). That's just an example. So what do you say? Are you in or are you out? We would start Sept. 2nd, and end Halloween. This kind of stuff really gets me motivated. As you can see under my signature, I am doing a Labor day mini goal. I am so close to my goal! I can almost taste it (no pun intended). Three more pounds and I would have lost 14lbs in 7 weeks. Can I do it? YES, I CAN! (got that from Bob the Builder, a kids show). What do ya'll think?
Old 08-21-2002, 12:35 PM   #79  

Ok Dyan. I have to focus on one thing at a time. LOL....I'm still working on the 3 point a day contest!!! But, why not. I will have to say, that I want to be at 225 by Halloween. So, if I make that goal now, I will have plenty of time to get there. That is only 9 pounds, but with my backsliding, I could use a weight goal to focus on. So, by Halloween I will be at 225 or less. I realize that this will officially start on Labor Day, but it doesn't hurt to get a jump start!

Tiff....
Old 08-21-2002, 12:36 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Tiffany - are you playing hooky today?

Dyan - let me know how The Firm is, I saw it on an infomercial this weekend and it looked pretty good. There's a store in one of the malls here that only sells junk from TV, I was thinking about getting it there, didn't know Sams had it.

You guys are gonna think I'm nuts, do any of you listen to Barry Manilow? Might be before your time I guess since I think most of you are several years younger than me.

Almost lunch, I have done excellent food wise so far

LJ
Old 08-21-2002, 01:19 PM   #81  

The challenge sounds good to me.

What is everyone doing today? I am bouncing off the walls, fidgety, keep coming up here to see if anything is going on. I am worried about Cafe, we haven't heard from her in 2 days except for posting her challenge #. And Tigerlily, where are you...........
Old 08-21-2002, 01:38 PM   #82  

BUSTED. YES, I am playing hooky today. I hate that place so freaking bad. Since I am only a temp, what's the worse that could happen? They could fire me. WOO HOO!!!!!

As far as Cafe, I am worried about her too. She seemed like she was coming out of her funk, maybe she is out there having a 3 point day and living life like a tampon commercial!

C'mon Tig, come play with us.

Man, I was talking about how cool it was yesterday and now today is one of the hottest days of the year. I AM ROASTING.

So, the desire to get off my butt and work out is not happening right now, hopefully when it cools off a little.

I guess now is a great time to drink that cold water!

Tiff
Old 08-21-2002, 02:05 PM   #83  

You guys ROCK , I love that you guys are up for another challenge. It helps me when I have some kind of goal. My goal weight is just too far off for me to think about. It actually kinda depresses me. So by having these smaller goals, I feel happy! I was thinking, that I would like to make my goal 262, which would be a total of 50#s. But like I said, I have to think of it in other terms. Doing mini goals, and concentrating on losing 25 at a time, instead of going....OMYGAWD, I need to lose 150#. I need to lose 20 more pounds to reach my next 25 (for a total of 50). So if I can lose 3-4 pounds in the next 2 weeks (before Labor day) then I know I can do it.

Huntress ~ I'll let you know. I saw the informercial too and thought, give me a break, w/ that whole fanny thing! I figure I have a stepper and dumbells, so I should be good to go. I've been trying to decide which to do tonight. Definitely abs, as that is a 5 day a week thing on the video. Maybe upper body. Reading the boxes they are quite long. Abs is only 6-9 mins, but the other are 35-45 minutes. I can barely squeeze in the 30 to walk my 2 miles, w/o my kidrens acting up. On the box it says "Guaranteed results in just 10 workouts", but do they say how often to them? NO. Is it 3x a week, every day, do I need to switch them up? That is where I am having problems. Plus, I don't put much faith into those guarantees. But I do need to switch things up, I'm getting bored......

Tiff ~ I thought you were posting quite a bit today. It sucks that you hate your job, but I'm glad your here. I like to have people to talk to. It's lonely when you guys aren't here. I just talk to myself.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:16 PM   #84  

I wish I could get on more often during the day when I'm at work but even though I work on a computer all day it is not connected to the internet and I have to go into another office. It is not always convienent and there are other people on here too.

Maybe Cafe has a life and doesn't have time to play on the 'puter
I hope she is ok

LJ
Old 08-21-2002, 02:24 PM   #85  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm up for a challenge too! I'm gonna need one once I get back from Scotland. Have I mentioned the woman we're staying with is a gourmet cook? Yikes!

Tiff, I was going to ask the same thing when I saw you posting here! Big difference is that if I was playing hooky, I WOULDN'T be able to post. Home computer would have me pulling out my hair in no time. Bald and jobless. Hm. Maybe my life ain't so bad after all.

Cafe, where are you girlie!?!?

Huntress!!!! I LOVE BARRY MANILOW!!!! You're never too young for Barry Manilow! I found a station out of Philly that plays a lot of Barry. He was in town recently and recorded a commercial for them. Pretty cool to hear him talking out of my radio. I've seen him in concert half a dozen times. Always a great show!!! And he seems so down to earth. Kind of guy I'd like to sit and have a conversation with.

Whew! Have I oohed and ahhed enough? Um, why exactly did you bring up the subject anyway???

Gotta jam. Time to fill the water bottle ... again....
Old 08-21-2002, 02:40 PM   #86  

Angry

Jeepers! You guys wrote a whole book while I was gone! I took my youngest for his kindergarten assessment, then to WalMart, then out for lunch.
Can you believe the only excercise video at WalMart was TaeBo? I was wanting a different walk one. I got my last one at Target. Maybe I can get there next week...it's in another town.

Funkytown, a nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. MotivationVille sounds like a much better place to put down roots! I'm move'n in!

I'm up for another challenge too. I'll have to pick the weight goal when it gets closer. I weighed in at 189 this morning. Still 1lb over my original loss. It's hard enough loosing it the first time, don't know why I have to do it twice.

If I reached my goal weight...I'd feel more confident....wear different types of clothes....dress in front of DH...or undress ....

Barry's ok. I liked him a lot when I was younger. Don't hear him much these days. My fav right now is The Bacon Brothers.

Dog is pawing at the lizards cage. ek.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:43 PM   #87  

That sucks! We're super slow at the moment, but things are sure to pick up either next month or in October, and I won't have as much time to play .

Did you bring in your walk'n shoes?
Old 08-21-2002, 02:54 PM   #88  

Man, I think I was behind a few posts! That last one was for Huntress.

Anyhoo, I spoke to Barry Manilow once. I used to work at a music software and hardware company. I answered the phones. He was really nice. Now the people that I talked to that were real d*cks, were, Harry Connick Jr. and Ray Parker Jr. Hey I just noticed a connection there. There both Juniors, the jacka$$es. They both wanted to speak to someone, but NO ONE was around. What was I supposed to do? Pull people out of my a$$? I swear some people. Can you tell it still irks me? I also spoke with Trent Reznor (?) from nine inch nails and two of the most sweetest guys ~ Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald. They called in together, to see if we could donate some stuff. I transferred them to the president s sec and she was soooo funny. When she got off the phone she came running into the lobby to ask me if I knew who I just transferred! It was too cute. And as it turns out Ray Parker Jr. is her brother-in-law. Shw was in lobby and I had just got off the phone, with the pain the butt and he kept saying "This is Ray Parker Jr", I was just like that's nice. I had no idea who he was. So she's standing there and I asked her if she knew who he was and she said, you mean my brother in law? I'm like, I don't know, but he acted like I should recognize the name. So as it turned out it was her brother in law and that sang "Ghost Busters". Big friggin whooped!! Okay, I'm done.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:07 PM   #89  

Skinny is as skinny does...
I did ride a roller coaster this summer....a few weeks ago. DH talked me into it. I think it was my last one no matter how much weight I loose!
And, on how a thin person eats....
My mother is thin, always has been. She eats EVERYTHING, but in small amounts...my sister too...if anything, she eats more junk. But small amounts again. Lucky me, I take after my father.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:13 PM   #90  

Well now my day is shot. I LOVE Harry Connick Jr. I'm sad to hear that he is such a butthole. The only celebrity I have ever spoken to (besides Oprah) was that woman that played Dorian on One Life to Live. I worked for an advertising agency and they were using her for a soy supplement ad. She was very nice.

Well, I can say I officially HATE Walking Away the Pounds. I was walking so damn fast that I thought my thighs were going to catch on fire. They were REALLY rubbing together. Maybe I needed to wear sweatpants instead of shorts, BUT I have NO FREAKING AIR. So there was no way I was wearing pants. But anyway, I gave up after two miles. It was about a half hour. So, I got my exercise in at least, and I guzzled water while I was doing it, so I have at least had a 2 point day. Maybe 3 if I can keep things on the straight and narrow. Scary, it's only 2:18 in the afternoon. I have had 500 calories and have about 1000 to spread out for the next 8-9 hours. YIKES.

Well, time to search out some low fat snacks. My daughter ate all the grapes. AT ONE SITTING. HELLO?????? I had a juice bar a little while ago for 60 calories and it was cold and good and satisfied me for a minute. LOL....

Well, off to take a cold shower.
Tiffany
Closed Thread