General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 06:45 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Dyan - glad to hear you had a good trip, it's always nice to come home with money in your pocket. Of course I always spend it once I get home. I've never been to Reno, can't make it past Vegas.

Yesterday was horrible. I got to work and within an hour started feel bad, achy, nauseous and headache. Came home and went to bed until I had to take my daughter to her piano lesson. I probably should have given myself a point for food, but I just didn't care. Feeling better today, but I guess we'll see once I get to work. Think I'm allergic.....LOL just kidding. I just push myself to the limit and eventually it catches up with me, usually in the form of a bug of some kind.

Pics sound like a good idea, match a name with a face. I had one on a diskette a while back but I don't know where it is. My mom has a digital camera too so I guess my son could do it for me. I have no desire whatsoever do to stuff like that, not that I have the time anyway. Gosh, I sound so whiney today, sorry.

Guess I'd better get up from here and get ready for work, kids went back to school yesterday.........hurray!

LJ
Old 08-20-2002, 09:57 AM   #62  
Long Lost Chickie

Is it Friday yet? No? Going to be a long one.

I think I mentioned one of our "phone gals" is on maternity leave. Well, the other one besides me didn't bother to show up for work AGAIN today. Didn't call. Nothing. So how do I get away from my desk long enough to go to the ladies' room today. It's TOM!!! This is just gross. So I complained to the HR supervisor. End result is that if I have to go, I'm just going and screw the phones. (Oh, please excuse the language.) And, get this, if I have to work over lunch and since I have to stay until 5 instead of leaving at 4:30, I get my hour of overtime approved by the company president!!! How's that for going straight to the top while my boss is on vacation!?!?

Shortly after I complained about that girl and her supervisor (the "Old *itch") not taking responsibility for her dept., another person had a run in with the old *itch and went to HR as well. Boy, is she scoring points today or what?

OK, enough of my whining ... for now. I've vented to you guys enough. Sorry.

Dyan, sounds like you had a great time in Reno!!! I've never been but I love Vegas. Although I rarely come home with any money at all left!! I agree with Tiffany! I want to party with you!! You, me, Tiff and all of us here. What a gathering that would be!!!

Tiffany, I love Waterboy too. That evil "Foozball"!!

Huntress, sorry to hear the bug has caught you! Hope you've shaken it off. Hm, allergic to work?? What a concept! "Sorry, boss, I won't be in today...." Nah, can't try that. I'd have to go with Dyan and win A LOT of money in Reno before I can try that excuse.

Better go now. I'm going to see if I can find someone to go fill my water bottle for me. How's that for brave?

Later!
Old 08-20-2002, 10:59 AM   #63  

Hi Everyone!
I'm in a funk. I think I have the "back to school financail blues". This next month is going to be rough, we always make it, and I shouldn't let it get me down. Ok, I can say all that, but it doesn't help. Funk. I think it's harder on me knowing I could be working, bringing home some bacon. But, DH and I want to wait until the youngest starts school full time. He's half day kindergarten this year. Babble, babble. Funk.
Eating is just ok, water is just ok, exercise...none.

Dyan, it's so nice to see a picture! I'll get one on here some day. We have a digital camera, but the pics are too many bytes. I don't know how to downscale them...yet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 08-20-2002, 01:39 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Tiff ~ funny thing is, the lady who scanned the pic for me, said the same thing. Me, looking like I a fun person. I can be. I'm the type of person who loves to do things at the spur of the moment. One time I was talking to a friend that had just moved to Arizona, and she sounded really bummed out. We got off the phone and I called my mom and said hey, ya wanna go to Arizona? She asked when, and I said as soon as I'm done with my laundry!! So needless to say, I called my friend back and told her I was coming. Of course she didn't believe me. Me, my mom, my sister and my baby (she was 9 months at the time) all jumped in the car and drove to Arizona. I'm known for pulling that kind of stuff. It's getting a little more difficult w/ 4 kids!!

Huntress ~ I've only been to Vegas once, for a friend's wedding. We didn't get to do or see as much as we would have liked . We live closer to Reno than Vegas. It's about a 4 hour drive.

Jello ~ I think, once we all hit goal, we plan to meet up in Vegas and tear the town apart!! That would be so much fun. And with this challenge you'll be there before ya know it. How about the summer of '04. I know it's gonna take me at least a year to get all this fat off. Plus it'll give us all time to save our pennies, nickles, dime, quaters....

Tig~ I am so sorry to hear that your in a funk! BTDT, and the saddest part is, all we can do is ride it out... Just try to be positive and remember that things could be worse. I know it's easier said than done. {{{{Big Hug}}}}

Cafe ~ The whole outside movie thing, sounds like a blast! I know my kids would totally enjoy something like that. But it'll never happen where we live. Who knows, maybe when we move.... We're planning to move early next year sometime. Too either Southern California or Utah.

Well, my peeps....I'm doing the peepee dance , gotta jet...

P.S. I would love to put a face to the names. It doesn't have to be a full body shot, a face would be nice

Have a great (3 pointer) day!

Old 08-20-2002, 05:02 PM   #65  

There's Dyan with all that positive energy today! It's too darn hot for me, almost 100 here (by the way Tiffany did you ever get your air conditioner fixed?). Between Dyan and Jello, I don't have a chance with the challenge I am doing better today though, have already gotten all my water in and I don't have anything major going on at home tonight so I think I will take a nice walk this evening. I've been thinking that maybe I should try doing my exercise on lunch hour since there always seems to be some excuse why I can't do it at night. In the winter when the weather is bad and I don't want to get outside I sometimes bring my tennis shoes to work and walk the building when my boss is gone. I guess every little bit helps.

Well, almost time to go home.............

LJ
Old 08-20-2002, 06:01 PM   #66  

Huntress!

I love your positive attitude. Get those shoes and walk away all that unwanted fat!! If you gotta do it at lunch, go for it! You can do it!! I have so much faith in ya! Let's get ready to go to Vegas!!
Old 08-20-2002, 06:06 PM   #67  

i made chocolate chip cookies today cap off my funk in style
Old 08-20-2002, 08:03 PM   #68  

Thank you Dyan, I appreciate you so much! Hey, if I lived in Vegas I would not be this darned fat, I LOVE walking out there! I am ready to go!

Tigerlilly - I hear ya'.......I made those last week with choc chips and M&M's. Let's see what else, oh yes, there was a strawberry cheesecake, mexican food, fried chicken, chicken fried steak & mashed potatoes, ribs, fries........you name it I ate it. No wonder I was sick yesterday! You gotta pull yourself outta that funk girl! Get up tommorow morning and tell yourself you're gonna take it one hour at a time. I'm here and will try my best to monitor the computer tommorow while I'm at work, I'll help you if you will let me.

OK, food has been better today, maybe not worth a point, but definately better than the last week. Going for a walk soon, if I can get my lazy butt off this computer. Talk to you all soon.

LJ
Old 08-20-2002, 10:46 PM   #69  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Well now...we have a problem here. I ate a half a bag of miniature Reeses peanut butter cups. Mike forgot to take them to work on Monday, and I made it until tonight before I ripped open the bag and inhaled them.

ALTHOUGH, I did eat them with WATER.

So now....with the exception of Dyan and Jo....we are in a slump here. I have had quite a few 2 point days which is a miracle, but it is the food that I am blowing off. And that isn't going to help me in the long run. I wouldn't mind losing the point for the water and knowing that I was in my range on the food instead.

We need to pull it together girls. NOW....I don't know why I have been in a funk either. Maybe it is seeing summer come to an end and the back to school commotion...job sucks, money is tight, there are a million reasons to eat, I guess. We are only adding to our funks by letting ourselves down. We need to pretend to be our own personal trainers and make a plan for ourselves, something like what Jo is getting. Maybe that would help focus us.

I SWEAR to get my food right tomorrow. I can't keep doing this. I didn't weigh today, cause I was too afraid to get on and see a gain. So, I was going to work extra hard this week and THEN weigh next week, but I am off to a horrible start. Grrrr.

Tomorrow is it. I have been doing well, and have been slowly letting things slide a little at a time, incorporating more and more unhealthy things into my diet, and I have to stop and get back to where I was in the beginning. New beginnings for all of us as summer comes to an end. Winter will be a challenge for all of us, I want us to come out of it in the spring better than when we started.

Well, I am off to the tub to reflect on what goals I need to make and what I need to do to get there.

Huntress and Tig, I hope you two will pull each other through, I can really become inspired by your reaching out to each other and caring enough about someone you have never met to do that for one another. *Hugs*

Dyan and Jello....you two are really awesome. I admit to being a little GREEN with jealousy. Maybe I can use that to get myself back on track.

Oh by the way, I still have no A/C. LOL....adds to my crabbiness. LOL

Cafe, I hope you are feeling better and getting on with this new week.

I guess the old adage, "One day at a time" is SO true! We really need to focus on that and not next month or what will happen when we all get to goal. Let's get through today.

Well, I will check in on you all again tommorow. I hope that by then we will have ourselves in check again.

Off to soul search,
Tiffany
Old 08-21-2002, 06:23 AM   #70  

OK girls here's the thing, I was reading an article in AOL diets yesterday and basically it said that somewhere between 3 & 6 months is the point where most people start sliding back into their old habits. We are not going to let this happen! I don't know about ya'll but I have worked too hard and stayed with this long enough that I don't want to go back to where I began. I truly believe that we can all make a big difference in how we look and feel by next summer. Isn't that what this is all about anyway? So let's get out of this funk we've been in and get moving!

I did my walk last night, it was hard but I made it. I am commited to getting out there again tonight, I WILL drink my water today and I WILL keep my food in check. I AM GOING TO DO THIS DAMMIT! nuff said.

Tiffany - winter is also a tough time for me, once the time changes in October and it's dark by the time I get home I go into hybernation. I'm going to check out joining a gym, there's 24-hr fitness and Curves for Women in my area. Maybe if I have to pay out my hard earned money for it I will go. Even if I chose not to do that there are plenty of alternatives for exercise. Food could be a problem since cold days mean lots of warm comfort foods but we will all just have to learn to cook a little healthier.

Sorry, I don't mean to be so preachy...........I'm just ready to get outta this funk and get about business. I simply cannot stand the thought of living any more years of my life like this, I've wasted too much time as it is.

Have a great day all, and Tigerlilly I'm thinking about you.

LJ
Old 08-21-2002, 08:58 AM   #71  

Hello Everyone. I'm feeling good after reading all the posts, today is a new day, and I'm going to have a perfect day! Starting with my exercise video!
Money is a pain in the neck, but it's no reason to let other goals in my life go....especially something that I should be able to control w/o $. Taking care of ourselves is one of the only things we have true control over. I will do this.
I sent a large container of cookies to work with DH! There aren't too many left, and I promise not to binge on them!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:32 AM   #72  

Good for you sweetie, all you gotta have is a plan and a little resolve. I too worry about finances and this is a tough time of year.

Cafe - where are ya..........hope you're doing ok

LJ
Old 08-21-2002, 09:37 AM   #73  

Default Skinny is as Skinny does.

What would you do differently if you were at goal weight?

Would you wear different clothes?
Would you participate in sports more?
Would you chase your child around the yard?
Would you take critisism about your appearance from your friend/mom/spouse/sister?
Would you go dancing?
Would you ride rollercoasters?
Would you buy yourself a bright red dress with matching shoes?

What's stopping you now?

Unless your weigh physically stops you from doing what you really want to do, you only cheat yourself when you hold back. Moreso, you let your weight rule your life and your confidence. This is not a scientific fact put I'm pretty sure that confidence burns more calories than low self esteem!

Buy some trendy clothes if that's what you long for! Being overweight doesn't mean you must be frumpy!

Join that office softball team you've always dreamed of. Yes, it will be harder because of your weight but WOW will it feel good that you are DOING it!

Play with your children! Run through the yard! Frolic at the park! Who cares about those size 2 moms with the belly button rings. They can't take away any of YOUR fun unless YOU let them.

Address those issues you have with your spouse or friend or mother or whoever. Don't be a bulldozer but ask for what you want and let it be known if a comment offends you. They will look at you with new eyes for standing up to yourself.

In short, don't let your weight change who you WANT to be - be that person now and chances are, the weight will fall off faster.

Skinny is as skinny does.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:51 AM   #74  

Good Morning Ladies ,

I thought we could all use some inspiring words (above, borrowed from the 100# club).

I don't want to hear about everyone being in funks. I wish I had some magic fairy dust, to make it all go away. , and make you all HAPPY again!

I want ya'll to know, that I am NOT a healthy eater. I had a big ole cheese burger for dinner last night. The night before that a gigantic hot dog..... that's pretty much how I eat every night. I eat chocolate when I want to, and I don't feel guilty about it. I know that I want to eat 1200-1400 calories a day, so that's what I plan for. If I eat a candy bar for breakfast (240 calories) then I still have 960-1160 for the rest of the day. I realize that if I did eat healthy (veggies, salads, etc.....) that I would lose faster, but I also know that I couldn't stick to that. This is something that I will have to continue to do until the day I die, and I love pizza and pasta too much to feel guilty about eating them!

I have noticed that since starting this journey, that my clothes feel a litle looser. I feel better about myself. I have saved so much money! I don't go to the cafeteria for breakfast and lunch which cost me about $7-$10 a day!! ($35-$50 a week). That it makes me feel good, when someone notices, that I've lost weight. Who knew that 4 simple words could put you on cloud 9. "Are you losing weight?" or "Have you lost weight?" or how about "You look really good". Come on ladies, Come back over to this side and get out of funkytown. {{{{{BIG GROUP HUG}}}}}}

Tell me what's changed in your life, since you began this journey. P.S. I'm so glad to be going through this with beautiful, funny, intelligent women!

Okay, bye~bye

Last edited by Dyanm1; 08-21-2002 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #75  

Biggest change for me - knowing that I really can do it. In the past I always let my doubts get in the way, I would hope and pray that I could stick to something but never really believed that I would. Almost 4 months into this, I guess just doing it for this long convinced me. Even though I struggle with funkytown sometimes I just get back up and keep on going.

LJ

PS..........YES! I want a red dress!
Closed Thread