Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #196  

Lido!!!!! Misery lovvvvves company! You will soon discover that I am the biggest whiner on this board -- many days I only work out so that I can come here and complain about it. Secretly though, I think that this program is AWESOME. It has brought me back from some serious low points in my fitness-life, and it is currently doing so again. And, although the accountability and humor (<< the best part) on this board are great, I am also discovering that it is also nice to be able to "see" the progress when you go back and review your earlier posts. Anyway, hope that today started as you had planned. I've discovered that if I put my sneakers on first thing in the morning it keeps me on track--once I've gone through that exertion it seems like a waste to blow off the workout.

BREM ---- OMG, the story of the Mothers' Day gifts actually made me tear up. What a wonderful, wonderful day for you. And, I've got an actual laughing-out-loud-hoping-DH-doesn't-call-a-mental-health-professional thing going on thinking about the "60-minit" hotdogs. HA HA HA. One can never be too safe with the pork foods, right?

Speaking of which -- OMG y'all -- yesterday for dinner I ate Honey Baked Ham????? (I know, I have no idea what I was thinking--it was put in front of me and I ate it). I gotta tell you, I actually felt my cells swelling up from the salt. I guzzled 60 ounces of water thereafter, but I suspect that it could be days before I undo that damage.

But never mind that --- BREM!!! Another triumphant week at WW! I know that we all realize that this is about more than just the random-number-generator (yada-yada), but you are working so darn hard, it is delightful to know that you are seeing tangible rewards for your efforts. After the failure to lick your fingers while serving processed-cheez-food at the baseball game, NOBODY could deserve it more.

Y--you back at work today? I need to know what idiocy your co-workers have gotten into. I spend more time waiting for your tiny subtexts than I do checking my email. Productivity down, work-life balance up.

Allie-oop (my new name for you, given the Dreya-roll) -- don't let those educating b*stards get you this week! I think that is week 2 of a hectic stretch for you? Go get 'em my friend.

And .... for all the rest of LURKERS (don't think that we haven't noticed that this page has about 6 particiants, but 2,399 page-views), COME ON IN -- the water is warm.

Brandon--come home.....

Have a great day all -- day 50/90 is on the books, as are 13 toe pushups! Progress not perfection.....

Last edited by Cormac; 05-10-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 159/159/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! It's fitting... considering I'm sitting here cooling down before I get into the shower.

Everyone seems to be doing so well and is still totally motivated. That is why I chose to join this thread. So many times you see threads taper off after a week, etc...

At any rate, Day 1 is in the books. At least, the exercise part of it. I'm still struggling on what to eat and such. Would some of you mind telling me what a daily (or weekly) menu looks like for you? While the exercise part is very important, I know the diet is crucial to success. You can't out-exercise a bad diet!

So... Day 1. Not nearly as tough as I thought it would be. I definitely think I'll be enjoying the sculpting days a lot more than the sweating days. hehe Of course, perhaps that has to do with the fact that my "weights" were only about 2 lbs each. I'm going to have to go buy some dumbbells soon...
Lidoffad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #198  

Helllloooooooooooo.....

AGE REVEALING ALERT, whoop, whooop, whooop....

I am tired. Last night we went to the Carole King/James Taylor concert (did you know she co-wrote the Loco-Motion?) and I am beat. I stayed out until all of 11:00. I did not know all the words to the songs, so that doesn't make me too old, but 2 thumbs up to the show.

2 thumbs up if I could raise my thumbs. Yesterday was cardio....ok, seriously, this is how bad this is. I totally forgot what I was going to say about the cardio and all of the other posts. I know I laughed, I cried, and they became a part of me, but still...total brain lock. And the effort it would take to scroll back down and read again seems way to challenging right now.

I am ignoring my co-workers today, it's only Monday...and the rest of that thought disolved before I could type it out. Thank goodness I'm not one of the 100 or so people in the world who have the "power" to bring Wall Street to its knees or today it could be me trying to sell billions instead of millions.

So let's just end this painful mish-mash....Week 2 Day 2 down. Minus 3.6 lbs during week 1.

Lidoffad - WELCOME. The eating plan thing is the toughest, and once my brain cells pull themselves together and begin processing whole thoughts I can tell you what has helped me.

Allie - congrats on getting that one thingy done, I'm sure I will NEVER be able to do it, and I have no idea what it is.

Cormac and Brem - STOP, if I sit at my desk and laugh out loud, these people might think I am approachable and there will be none of that.

Lator Gators -
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I have had a blah day. I am glad I did my Kenpo early.... I am currently watching my husband do the work out and I know now why I married him... he is hilarious. I took a video of him doing the war cry when he punched and kicked and have laughed and laughed. He is not very limber and watching him try to get in the positions is painful. I got on the floor and tried to help him by showing where to put his foot and leg. We both ended up on the floor laughing. He is doing back kicks and I swear he is aiming at my head. I also love that he says what he is doing as he does it. I do that too but quieter when people are here. So I am listening to jab,cross, hook, upper cut, then up, down, across, big sigh.... If he lets me post the video I will..... The cats have learned to stay clear when I work out they haven't learned that when he is in the zone. There were some close calls but all cats survived...

I am loving all things P90 right now. Yes as much as we moan and groan we must love it and feel the rewards if we come here everyday. I know my friends at work are hearing about it.

Cormac ~ I love my salty foods. God knows I took in a months worth yesterday.

Lido ~ Congrats on Day 1. I will tell you what I do. There are very few days that I jump up and run to turn on the workout. But I have promised that I would give myself 1 hr a day. I have to dress and push play and try at least one of everything they do. That is all I promise myself. Of course once I am doing it I am okay and I love it! I, too, enjoy the sculpting much more than the cardio.

Y ~ love James Taylor... Have him on my ipod. I understand the cardio after effects. It took my whole body to raise the flag on my mail box. on the 3.6lbs in week 1 WooHoo!

2moro is x stretch yea
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Hi everyone!

Welcome Lido!!! Body twin!!! We have much to discuss. Hahaha. Hope that doesn't freak you out.

Today was my class. It was fine. Nothing much to report. Didn't do P90X today cuz of the night class. I got home about 90 minutes ago. Yesterday Ab Ripper X and went for a brisk walk/jog in cold weather (gotta love Toronto, y'all), since it was my rest day.

Anyway, I did a 2 hr long walk today to make up for it. And will be doing doubles tomorrow.

Y Weight - It's a roll, in which you stand up on your tippy toes, then roll backwards, point the toes up to the sky, and try to roll back up again without crossing your feet and/or ultimately using your arms to support yourself. I was finally able to 5 in the 60 sec time frame.

Cormac - Thanks for the support! I need it! Yes, vent away. Love your posts!

Happy P90ing, everyone! We'll all be strong and healthy by the summer's end. Don't quit! I was about to fall asleep before my mind told me to check 3FC!
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 300/273/180

Height: 5'11

Sorry I have been away, just been busy with my girl moving in and getting our sphynx cat. I have been keeping on the schedule, even though it is getting a little repetitive. I wish after 10 days we'd do a whole new workout so we wouldn't be reluctant to hit play to hear the same monotonous routines. Got a call back from my old job, I'm starting in a month ( Campbell Soup ) So I'll probably be working 7 days a week for I don't know how long, which is good so it'll get me active and actually have something to do. Congrats to everyone on their success so far and welcome all new comers : ) I promise to get on more.
brandon43512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #202  

Morning All ---- quickkkk drive by running late! Welcome back Brandon! Sounds busy, and sphynx sounds cool (I will have to Google later). CONGRATS on getting the call back to Campbells.

Have to hit the shower -- more later. Sweat done, but I will have to rip my abs tonight. Out of time -- bye all!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 300/273/180

Height: 5'11

Sphynx's are the hairless cats, like Mr. Bigglesworth off of Austin Powers.
http://www.baxterboo.com/catdogblog/...hynx-cat-6.jpg
Creepy looking I know but they are so cute to me and they have the best personality of all cats.
brandon43512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #204  

Happy Tuesday....it is Tuesday, right? To me it is Week 2 Day 4, so it is day 11, right? Yeah, imagine what it would be like if I had to know what time it was.

Anyway -

Welcome Back Brandon - the way my cat is behaving, I could just shave her and send her to you. Would that work? Probably not, you would just send her back.

Lido - still with us?

Allison - after the explanation, I am even more impressed with the accomplishment. Well done.

Brem - so, you're saying that P90X is a demented form of Twister? Greeeaaaattttttt.

Today is also my Sweat Day....can't wait. Power vertebrae popping Yoga here I come.

Adios Amigos....
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Hey everyone,

Quick check-in.

I got my Core Synergistics done. I'm resting for a bit before doing Cardio X. It's raining outside, so once again, I cannot run. I did also do 25 minutes of brisk walking due to the location of my work place, and I purposely don't take the closest subway. I walk about two stops.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated. I have an engagement penciled in for Monday, May 24, 2010, and would like to look REALLLLLY good for it, if you know what I mean. So doubles will be done, and hopefully I don't have to supply next Monday/Wednesday, so I don't have to skip my workouts (cuz of night classes), as I will be able to do them in the morning.

I'll update again, once I'm done Cardio X. I like it because it's only 40 minutes long. I feel like I can do it, just watching the clock countdown.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #206  

Hey Y'all,

What up? It is with great sadness that I report that today--in a fashion totally belying my normally sunny disposition and optimism (*ahem*)--my mind and body got together in an undisclosed location, talked amongst themselves, and decided to tell me "Meh." Nope, nothing's wrong, I am not feeling down about the program, it was just a day. Struggled this morning to put on the workout gear, actually thought about skipping various bits of the program as I was doing it (and that never happens -- once I am going I go), did push through the sweat, but only just now did the "ab-ripping" (which cannot possibly be good for you). The body wasn't there any more than the mind -- a little bit of a dull lower back ache, a little bit of bonking during cardio. Did I mention that the mind and body gave me a big "Meh"? But, not worried, I showed up. I still got a better workout than I was getting (as in, not getting) a few months ago. I have been hitting it as hard as I can (usually) for 51 days, and my "rest" day was anything but. We have a rental property and recently lost a tenant, so Sunday was 11 hours of scrubbing (hence, I think, the back pain). So, no triumphant stories of progress today, just the progress of showing up.

Speaking of which -- worried about me next week. DH is going to be out of town for 6 days, and I so rely on him for the motivation in the morning, for packing me healthy meals.... Going to be leaning on you all doubly-hard next week.

Brandon--I want to support. I want to love. But I am a little freaked out by the hairless cat. Good personalities, right? Also good housekeepers and they make their own clothes? Kidding. I am sure that he/she is wonderful -- do we have a name yet?

Y-- How are the vertabrae? And, *whonk-whonk-whonk-whonk* age alert, I am almost positive that I own every James Taylor album (<<many on vinyl, AGE ALERT) that has ever come out, and I know all the words. I own less Carol, but still know most of the words. If you are ever feeling aged, just ask me about my Crosby Stills & Nash, Neil Young, and Bill Withers collections. If I ever have a child he/she is going to hate me.

Allison-- as usual, you are out of control. By May 24th your "engagement" is going to have a hella time finding you. But keep it up, Dreya, because I need the motivation. You mentioned about a month ago that you were feeling a little "blah"--so valuable for me to see that one can have a blah day or so and still come back harder than ever. Woot.

Brem-- For the sake of all that is holy, you've got to get Rob's permission to post that video. For what it is worth, when we started this program my DH was not exactly "on board." He refused to preview anything, and as a result I am prety sure that he thought he'd be doing something that more resembled "Dancin With the Stars" than it did a Tony workout. He was also averse to all photos, weights, and measurements. I did FINALLY get him to agree to photos, and if my tech skills are sufficient you will see attached what I deal with on a daily basis. And yes, this is in fact why I married him.

Umm--did that attach? Y I need you. I will check for attachment once I hit reply.

Lida??? You with us my friend? As for food plan mine would kill a sane person because it is monotonous, but it works for me. There is no way I could follow a "recipe"-type plan because it is just too much work. I like "easy-as-h*ll-and-I don't-have-to-think-or count." So, I follow a roughly-P90x "portion" plan (google for details/spreadsheets), though with fewer sugar/refined carbs calories (poison to me).

So, ready for easy? I eat 3 meals a day that include lean protein. For breakfast, always an egg-white scramble with either hot sauce or salsa. Costco sells real egg whites in cartions, egg beaters cause me a "reaction" that dare not speak its name. Lunch and dinner are both 6-8 ounces lean protein (chicken, fresh fish, tuna fish, lean pork, lean turkey), accompanied by a few cups of veg (usually green beans, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflour --no corn or potatoes, my body cannot metabolize correctly). All the protein gets cooked on the George Forman, the veg in the microwave. For sauce I use hot sauce or salsa or something like a bruschetta-topping with no oil. Veg gets no sauce (though I DO salt) or a squirt of "I can't beleive its not butter" (and I can't believe it -- processed, bad, taste, good). Easy-peasy, and cheap.

Then I throw in 2 snacks, maybe 3 if I need them. I have lots of good snacks -- a skim mozz cheese stick; 25 almonds; a brown rice cake with tsp. soy-nut butter; celery with soy (or pnut) butter; 1/2 of a meal replacement bar (I use South Beach 'cuz my energy-level hates simple carbs); or the rest of my egg-white scamble if I didn't finish it.

All-in-all, we're talking somewhere in the vacinity of 1400-1800 cals a day, and for me that number, plus the "balance" of those calories (protein-carbs-fat), is what works. Most peeps should probably get a fruit every day, and maybe a serving a "simpler" carbs -- whole wheat bread, brown rice, whatevs. Not even from a "weight" standpoint, but from an afternoon-sleepyness standpoint, I just find that those foods don't work for me. Google-up some plans and see what will work for you.

FINALLY (*sigh of relief from the collective audience*) -- there is the ever GLORIOUS "cheat day." I give myself one day a week to eat whatever-the-h*ll-I-want--and that works for me. I try, sometimes, to limit that the "cheat" to one meal, but I don't worry about it. I've noticed that because I allow myself this day every week I don't feel any real need to eat-like-crazy, and the cheat is naturally confined to one meal. In the past I would allow one indulgence to take the train off the tracks, and I need to check my slightly-rule-following self in that area.

OMG WHY DO I FEEL THE NEED TO TALK SO MUCH?? No idea, but there it is. DH just got home, have to take out the trash and watch the cav's gaem. Signing off without spell-check, read at your own risk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg John Day 0 Panorama.jpg (23.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Cormac; 05-11-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Does anyone have the workout schedule for power 90? I've gotten the DVDs from a friend but I don't have the workout schedule...any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #208  

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. I love my husband. He eventually became "hot" after P90 and Masters. Will post later to save hime from shame!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #209  

Alicia,

Do you mean plain old p90 or P90x? P90 is easy -- there are 2 dvds, each with 2 workouts ("sweat" (cardio) or "sculpt" (weights/resistance)). You work out 6 days a week. Each DVD is either "level 1-2" (beginner/intermediate) or "level 3-4" (intermediate/advanced).

You start on day 1 with sculpt 1-2 (although there is no reason that you couldn't start on sweat 1-2 if you prefer). You then alternate the sweat/sculpt workouts for 6 days. On day 7 you rest.

Around about day 30-45, or as soon as you are feeling like you can really "do" level 1-2, you move on to level 3-4, and continue the sculpt/sweat cycle.

If you are looking for P90X routines, it is my understanging that there are tons of DVDs and that the order of routinr depends on the "plan" chosen. There is a ton of stuff online about this, and lots of really smart people on this board (me not included) to help you out.

Good luck and please join us!!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Cormac,

Thank you! Yes, Power 90 is the one that I meant. I'm not ready for P90X just yet! Okay cool, that's simple enough. I will start tonight!

Thanks again!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote