Old 05-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Legs and Back today... legs of jello.... I will look like Monty Python's Ministry of silly walks at work tonight (if you don't know what I am talking about you will have to youtube it cause it is hilarious) Feeling good... I work tonight then I don't go back until Tuesday!! Ok got to go get in the shower... Hugs to all
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #272  

Last post before I go....I'm taking a laptop, but I have no plans of turning it on.

Behave yourselves, have some fun....I'll be back on the 8th...at that time please be prepared to KILL IT ! ! ! ! This is going to be the "Summer of Sweat" ladies. We are going to take care of this weight ONCE AND FOR ALL.

The heat and humidity in the Ohio Valley should make at least 10 lbs melt off of me....OK, enough of that. I'm outa here......
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

Okay, it seems everyone is so busy.

I bought a pair of boyfriend-style size 27 jeans, and a size 4 dress I tried on was loose on me today! I still have a ways to go! But here's to my mini-goal!!! Woot! Woot!

So yesterday was a rest day.

Today will be just Cardio X.

And I'll be sure to update everyone on May 31st/June 1st!
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #274  

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am going to the ballpark today for a softball tournament. I did manage to crawl out of bed and do my Kenpo X this morning at 530am.... So off to the shower so I can be all fresh and clean before I get all dirty and sweaty at the ball park....
Old 05-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #275  

Hey guys and girls,

Quick update:

I did my Kenpo X yesterday at midnight and walked for 30 minutes.

Today I did Pylo and speed-walked for 40 minutes.

I'm still at it! Tomorrow it is my last day, but I'm gonna have to skip the workout because I work from 6-9. So I think my OFFICIAL last day of P90X graduation will be June 4th - my father's birthday. Hopefully I'll look good for when we go out for dinner!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #276  

Schools out for summer... So I overslept....My two youngest decided to join me for my first stab at Core Synergistics... Lots of pausing so we could maneuver ourselves to make room.. We got through it and just when I though I was making progress... I felt like I was starting all over again.... A little blow to my ego but that is okay... Dreya Rolls... pluh leez.... I was hesitant to get down then the roll up was just an ugly mess.... I might try it on the trampoline tomorrow just to see if it can me done with some assistance..... Ok off to work....
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #277  

Hey guys!

This board seems to be dropping off the face of the Earth!

Here's my update! It won't be a happy one, though.

I tried on my size 5/6 Jacob pants. They didn't fit. I worked my *** off this month, but to no avail. The legs fit but I couldn't get it over two inches of flabby hips. I am depressed, and yet I am not giving up. I'm still doing P90X, but not doubles until I finish my summer course.

Please everyone! Come back! We need Bremro's stories, cormac's upbeatness, and everyone else!!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 159/159/125

Allison, I don't understand how we're approximately the same size as in weight and height... and I'm quite a few sizes bigger than you! I wear 16s... 14s if I'm lucky. Holy cow. Of course, the only part I'm NOT overweight at is my chest (go figure!!!).... so perhaps you're more evenly distributed? Even so, I can't wrap my mind around the idea of wearing jeans that small. I'll be happy when I get down to a size 10, I think!!!

I'm still working out... although not as dilligently as I should be. I've been doing the sculpt every other day again... but I'm not following the video. I go at my own pace and just follow the order with the spreadsheet. I also end it with the ab exercises.

I'm noticing some differences... just slightly. Or maybe I'm just fooling myself into believing I see changes so I don't lose motivation. That's entirely possible! But if there ARE changes taking place, I really need to kick this into gear... because if it's this easy to see differences when I'm only half-assing it, I can't imagine what it would look like if I were actually giving it my best effort!!!
Lidoffad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #279  

Lido - Hmm, I dunno. I haven't weighed myself in a while, so I might be off by like 10lbs. POSSIBLY, I could be at 140lbs. I don't feel like I've made a lot of progress. However, still . . . even at my heaviest, I could fit (SQUEEZE) into my Old Navy size 8 jeans, which are loose now. If you have an extra pair of ON jeans, maybe we can compare sizes?

I'm definitely not that tall, and I think I started at 164lbs (pant size 10-12) of last year. Strangely enough, I could still fit into size 6-8 dresses. I'm sure I didn't look great in them, but this is what really churns my butter. There is absolutely no accountability in terms of sizing. Truthfully, I don't like to weigh myself, because I feel any water weight gain of 5lbs or so would make me feel really depressed.

I'm currently still a size 6-8 in pants, but I think it's true sizing now. And I'm a size 2-6 in dresses, if that even makes sense. GRRR-ARGHHHH.

I'm hoping that by the end of July, I'll be back to my OLD self, and by the end of August, I'll be brave enough to done a bikini. So basically, this weight loss journey will have taken me almost 13-14 months.

--

Well, hey, everyone. I just finished another bout of Legs and Back. I'll be doing Kenpo X today.

My class finishes on Wednesday. Then I'll be back doing Doubles. I feel like I've been slacking. One good thing is during the end of 90 days, I feel like my appetite has gotten much smaller. I don't know if it's a byproduct of the program, or just mental/physical stress.

Although I didn't reach my goal, I will continue fighting until I do. I think I finally see SOME results in the mirror, but that might also be wishful thinking.

So as a final thought, friends on this weight loss journey, COME BACK. YOU ARE MISSED. I'll still update here, but just be that loner girl who talks to herself on the message boards!

Sending good thoughts,
Allison

Last edited by AllisonR; 06-05-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #280  

ok I am still here... Just getting readjusted now that kids are out of school.. I have made the mistake of waiting to later in the day for my workouts then not being able to do it because of the girls activities.... So tomorrow I am picking back up with it... We are getting our routines down and at the end of this month I go PRN (as needed) I turn in my schedule of what I want to work. I am going to do Wed Thurs Friday so I will have time with the whole family on the weekend. The only problem is that I will not be able to have my workouts alone, they will be lurking. My kids can come up with some major questions while I am working out... so it is going to be interesting.

Everyone keep going... I will be back on track first thing in the morning.

Allison I won't let you be on here talking to yourself....
Old 06-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #281  

Almost ran out of time but I got in my Kenpo X before church this morning. I know out all the workouts this is the easiest but I feel so good when I finish it without having to modify anything and I don't feel completely defeated.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #282  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi!!!!! So happy to find this thread. Haven't read all 19 pages of it but did read the first four or five....hope it's okay to pop in.

I'm starting power 90 in about ten minutes.....LOL No, I am not stalling by reading 3fc and posting in random threads.....okay maybe a little.

A little about me....I'm a 34 year old mom to Robert (10) Rachel (6) and wife to Mike (going on 13 years!) I'm a nurse (RN) but have been on a year long hiatus, looking to go back to work this summer. I am also in recovery for an alcohol and drug problem, and the only reason I tell you that, is because weightloss is a lot like recovery for me. I have to turn it over, put it in God's hands, work on myself first....eating is just another addiction for me, trying to fill that void with other things (men, shopping, food, alcohol, pills, gambling, you get the picture)

Here. Goes.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #283  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi.....me again! I did it!!!! I did day one! Any tips for the beginners? I didn't keep up well, but I did NOT sit down (a big downfall for me and working out at home...which is why I usually have to take my exercise out of the house) I am ALL about the jabs, punches, kicks, but the power yoga is just not happenin for me ....yet I hope! I am not flexible enough. I love the feel but I am so slow and awkward, I can't manage that downward dog into the runners stance thing. I'm so big my knee doesn't exactly come up through. (did that make sense?)

I didn't even tell you about the physical me....I am a bigger gal, 275 this morning. At one point I got down to 215 about three summers ago, broke my ankle, gained weight back and haven't been the same since. And like I mentioned, I spent last summer in rehab and working on my sobriety and recovery so I haven't exactly been taking care of the physical me. Getting the spiritual and emotional stuff better, now its time to fix the outside.

I belong to a ladies gym....within walking distance!!!! I know!!!!! I think I've been feeling so useless and depressed since I got sober and now I'm feeling more productive and trying to jump back into my life. I'm on a softball team and I love that feeling, the team, the sun, the exercise, the adrenaline. It's fun to get active and have that feeling like you're not even exercising at all. I have to make that conscious decision to go the gym or do a video, but golf, tennis, softball are more like games/fun. So I'm gonna keep that up too.

Well feeling great. Looked over the second (sculpt) day and I'm gonna love that one. I'm not afraid to lift hard, I'm more of a sculpter, its that cardio, the bouncing, the jogging, the yeahhh bouncing that I'm not that good at. I love the sweat of lifting, and those jabs/punches/kicks feel more like moves than cardio. Don't know if I'm even making sense, I get that babbly post workout chattiness going on. lol

Glad to be on board. Any tips/advice welcome!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #284  

NurseMichelle~ :Welcome I am a RN too! Glad you joined in... I started with power 90 and after 30 days I jumped to p90x. When I started Power 90 I struggled through everything. Especially the yoga! I still can't swing my leg through. I think the best thing I learned is that you don't have to be able to do everything right away. It is more important that you showed up and did your best. I am amazed daily when I think of how far I have come.

Congratulations on all you hard work! I kicked smoking and it was incredibly difficult and I still think about a cigarette every now and then. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Every day is a victory for you! Softball is very big with my family. My 3 daughters play fastpitch. I played until I started having kids then just became a fan after that. Their practices keep me pretty busy. So glad to have you on here!

I myself did Stretch X today. This should be an everyday thing. It last almost an hour but man did I feel good afterwards.

Off to clean the house then out by the pool. Hope everyone is still pushing play.

Cormac and Brandon ~ Where are you????
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #285  

Core synergistics... blech... yuck...but I got through it.... didn't like it but I got through... Where is everyone? Am I alone? Rob abandoned me on the workouts... et tu Brute?