Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Warning ~ this post might, well possible does, contain some rambling.

Good morning everyone! I would love to tell you that I have already done my workout and feel absolutely wonderful and a great sense of accomplishment but I stayed up late last night watching movies then went back to sleep after taking the girls to school. So... I am going to workout after I post here and on my blog. Stalling is a gift and I have mastered the art.

Not as sore as I thought I would be. I did 7 big girl pushups on my first set then to the knees. 5 big girl wide pushups on second set. On the 7-7-7, I did 7-7-7 pushups in general. Counting big girl pushups it was 3-1(with a lot of shivering and pep talk going on)- 2 (very excited that I could even do anything) I was so excited after my work out and was really starting to feel some accomplishment until I went to brush my teeth. Can we say Olympic event. It ended up that I had to use both hands to hold the tooth brush then I just shook my head. I couldn't believe my arms were so weak. Luckily my daughter's orthodontist is a 45 min drive because my hair was not getting dried and curled by my arms. I managed to do one comb through and some mousse, after that it was well placed air conditioning vents in the van. I must have looked crazy because I had heard that stretching really well after you work out keeps you from being sore, so the whole time up there and in the waiting room I was trying to stretch my arms. They are not terribly sore this morning but I know that I moved up to big girl pushups.

Speaking of muscles... anyone seeing a difference? I know I have lost some inches in my waist and hips but I am kinda expecting to see some definition in my arms. I don't have as much fat on them so I assume that is where I will see more muscle definition first right? Well I look like a teenage boy posing in front of the mirror making all these muscle poses trying to see a difference. I am excited that on my left tricep I am developing a line of some sort. Well it is more of a bump thing but I have to think it is the fruit of my labor. Why is it my left arm if I am right handed? I think I use my right more so I would assume it would be reversed. The kids were excited when I went up to them and struck a pose with a "Bam" sound effect of course. My children are very smart and even though they had absolutely no idea of what or why they should be impressed, they said "Oh mom.... Nice" I show them my left tricep and say "Feel that" My middle child, the Diva, said "Mom your skin is so soft." My oldest, who is smarter in my opinion, said "No goofy, mom has been working out and building up her muscles. She is showing you her muscles" Diva, blandly: "oh, ok Mom your muscle is nice" then she rubs my elbow. ..... Welcome to my life.... I have noticed, even if it is not yet visible that under the layers of fat, I HAVE MUSCLE. I can feel it and I find myself putting my hand on my thigh when I do a sitting position because I can feel it working. I stare at my arm at red lights to see if you can see my muscles when i turn my arm. God help me if I ever develop a six pack. I always said that the reason God made me a big woman is because I would walk around naked if I had a good body.

Yweight ~ So Excited for you!!!! Can't wait to see how you feel about the 7-3-5 and torture yoga. Don't let us give you any preconceived notions you might sail right through it and think we are wimps.

Allison ~ You absolutely rock!! I read your posts and think someday I will be at that point where I feel like the cardio isn't enough.

Brandon ~ I struggle with the food too. I have 3 kids and my hubby want to have good food. I have stared at 2 pizza boxes in the fridge for days and I am about ready to throw it out. I buy frozen stuff so that way I always have things on hand. My thing now is those black cherries that you can get in the freezer section. They cure my sweet tooth, they take a long time to eat because they are frozen and they are good for you. I eat those alot and I buy every bag they have when I go to the store. How are you doing on the cardio days? I am getting better with the hippity hops and the running lunges but not all the way there yet.

Cormac ~ I know you will be glad when this deadline is over and I pulling for you. I do however, want to say that I have no idea whatsoever what is is that you do or what this project is, but just from knowing you on the boards here, I am absolutely 100% certain that you are the best person for this job and there is no one who could do it better than you. That being said I hope it is over soon because I love when you post your long updates to let us know how the workouts are going. BTW your dog is gorgeous!

Athene ~ hope the landlord thing settles for you soon and you get your stuff back. I don't envy that stress.

Ok I have posted enough need to work out....

Last edited by bremro; 04-27-2010 at 01:00 PM.
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 300/273/180

Height: 5'11

It the hippity hops and run lunges, they just kill my legs, along with the jumping jacks. I try to do as much as them as I can but my legs either cramp up (calves) or just plain hurt (calves!). Instead of doing that the whole time, I just run in place rather than do the less active version of the run lunges.
brandon43512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #138  

They kill my legs too! I am getting better each time but I want to quit the whole time I am doing them. I just watch that clock and try to hold on. I pray loudly that God will speed up the time a little. Never happens but it makes me feel better. Ok I have no more excuses I have to get in there and workout.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #139  

i did my workout finally just in time to go get the girls. Games cancelled tonight due to bad weather... Yea night at home
Old 04-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

So just completed the Chest, Back, and Triceps. I didn't sweat at all. I can FEEL it though, that I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but what the **** . . .

bremo - For your question, I can see a difference in my arms and back mainly. Basically, when I reach my hands back for the stretch, my (back fat) skin does not fold upon each other anymore. I don't see any difference in my legs. And yes, my right side tends to be slimmer or more "in shape" than my left side, even though I'm left-handed. I have no idea why.

Cormac - Hmm, I wish you all the best with your work!

Brandon - I like working my legs, even though they kill me, because I sweat and I can really feel it, like I'm actually willing the fat to go away. Hahaha. I'm so neurotic, it's not even funny.

Anyway, in about an hour, I'm going to run for 30 minutes. I can feel my muscles ache from yesterday. I take that as a good sign, yes? My muscles stopped aching from doing P90X a long time ago, or maybe I just got used to the pain, except for when I do my legs. That video still kicks my butt.

MINI-GOAL: I can feel my hip bone slightly when lying down! Hahaha! Woot! Woot!
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #141  

OMGoodness yet ANOTHER drive-by post. Hate that I can't be lengthier (y'all know how I love to go on!). Deadline met, client delighted. But, as we say in our 'biz, "I won the pie-eating contest." The old joke behind the line is that you won the pie-eating contest (client liked the work), and the prize is MORE PIE (new work, new deadlines). Uggh -- but beats the alternative i guess.

Desperate to do "shout-outs" and to discuss "everything" with y'all -- but I am now faced with yet *another* deadline (umm--if you look at my day 1 post, you will see that this is a serial problem for me--lengthy posts followed by utter silence when life/work takes over). If I try to do personal shout-outs right now I wil be so frustrated by lack of time that I will delete altogether.

So, disclaimer said, I LOVE that everyone on the Island of Lost Toys is still kicking as#. Today was day 3? for me and DH, and we haven't missed yet -- this new decication is totally unheard of--and I attribute all successs to Brem and you all.

More soon I swear. Just have to surface work-wise.

Best......
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #142  

OK you guys --

I am back with a vengence, though perhaps only for today. All immediate deadlines are behind me until next Monday. In fact, I am on my way to a work "retreat"" tomorrow, in sunny Orlando. Now, I am not much for Orlando, but anything that gets me out of Cleveland, Ohio and into 86 degrees is a welcome respite. Sadly, the bulk of the 3 days will be spent in subterranean conference rooms, but whatevs. Most of Thursday and half of Saturday will be spent by the pool. Note: I will not be wearing a swimsuit. There are some things one does not want to share with co-workers, even if in tip-top shape, which I ain't.

Which brings up a point of nervousness. We will work out tomorrow morning before my flight, but then there are 2 days that I will be in Orlando. I plan to bring the sweat DVD (no way am I lifting weights in a weight room packed with fit coworkers), but I am not sure if I will do it, left to my own devices in a hotel room. So I am nervous about missing 2 workouts. Knowing that "a failure to plan is a plan to fail," I've decided that if I feel like it, I will substitute 2 days on an eliptical for 2 workouts. I've actually never tried an eliptical (don't own, never been a gym member), but I know that P90 w/o's generally burn around 300-400 calories depending on intensity. I figure I can do the equivalent of that on an eliptical, which will at least not count as a "skip day." In my regimented, neurotic mind, "skip" days lead to lousy eating (ironic, huh?) and sometimes "skip weeks." Have I mentioned my neurosis?

OK -- last minute "hello's" before the trip. Not sure if I'll be back around until Monday.

Brem-- are you kidding me? Aside from the five lbs. (still ridiculous), I am noticing 7 TOE pushups, a 7-7-7, and what you have alternately described as "a line of some sort" or "a bump thing" on the left tricep? HA HA HA HA. You have a way with descriptors. Whatever you call it -- awesomeness. Cannot wait to hear about the inches on day 30, and I love that Rob is noticing them. Woot.

Y-Weight: .....Well? Did they deliver?? When is the big day (or was it today)? Cannot wait to get your take on this madness. I agree with Brem that you should not let this group's brutish resistance to Tony's love cloud your experience. We are vicious, but only because we secretly love. And, speaking of secretly-loving, I seriously HEART all-people IT, who seem to labor endlessly and usually thanklessly to make my life seamless. From blowing up my blackberry (woot-woot) to calling me at home on Sunday when remote access won't work -- I bow before you and your ilk. I hope the folks that you support "get" how crazy your job is. I hope also, that--if not today then soon--you will be able to appreciate all the kvetching on this board!

Allison-- WOOT for hip-bones. And, NOT from personal experience/knowledge (since I have never done the X), I must say that I think that you are correct about boosting cardio if the goal is to shed some quick lbs. Everything that I have ever read about P90/P90x is that they are not the "fastest" ways to shed some lbs. Both programs really are intended as "total body makeovers," which means an even balance of muscle building and weight loss. In time, the muscle will increase the metabolism, leading to greater weight-loss, etc. But, if you have a short-term goal to shed lbs., I am not sure that 90x is the correct tool (AGAIN -- I know nothing, this is just what I've read). Even Tony says that women tend not to see what they want to see until about day 120 of his programs. He says that this is even more true when people (like you) are already fit and pretty close to goal. Anyway, my 2 cents is that everything that I've read suggests that your plan to mix it up for 2 weeks in order to meet a short-term goal makes perfect sense. Do tell how it goes. I am trying to figure out whether to move to the X next, or do another round of Debby (the calorie-burn queen). Totally on the fence. But I'd love to kill a few lbs. before moving to a more "whole-body" program. Will be intersted to hear how it goes.

OMG DO I EVER SHUT UP?? No, apparently.

Brandon -- first, I love that you and Brem call the calf-moves the "hippety-hops." "HIPPETY-HOPS?" That makes them sound like something you do with "My Pretty Pony" while dancing on Sugar-Candy-Mountain. LOL. I like to call them the "He-Man-Calf-Exploding-Shin-Splint-Inducers." It helps me. But I hear you. I keep waiting for the day that I don't feel my back-fat moving with me in tandem as I do "fast feet." Also wondering when my muscle will stop threatening to release itself from the tibia. Sadly, I think we'll see another fall and winter before that day arrives. Ah well, a goal for next summer.

Athene-- "editing pics", "judging photo contests", "running deliveries all over town." I have no idea what you do for a living, but I am 100 percent positive that it is way cooler than what I do (not a high bar really). I keep picturing you (no pun intended) running around with Brad Pitt and George Clooney (the latter being a man I intend to marry -- and my my dear hub has declared that he is "cool with that" if I can manage it -- in turn, I've agreed that he can marry Angelina Jolie). Anyway, hope that (i) the toothache is on the mend; (ii) the landlord is in housing court; and (iii) that you are back into a stable living-space where you can continue/resume the great changes you were so focused on.

Okay, yep yep, THAT was a record boys and girls. I apparently "sponge" my posts when time does not allow me to make them. You all suffer, I get a release.

Day 38 done peoples. If I don't eff it up this weekend, I am almost 1/2-way through this stupid thing. For all my whining, I honestly haven't felt this "well" in at least 2 or 3 years. Some results are taking longer than I would wish, but I have great confidence in the process.

Hope that everyone had a great day, and I promise not to post anything longer than 4 sentences for at least 4 days.

Sending without spell-check again... out of time. xoxoxo
Old 04-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #143  

WHO KEEPS LOGGING ME OUT ????? I'm sure it's those lazy bones desktop people....they are evil. Just because this is a work machine doesn't mean they can keep wiping my history out !!!!!

OK, I'm better (desktop people are evil though)....Hi ALL....yes, the dvd's were sitting quietly on the porch when I got home yesterday. How can so much terror can spring from an innocent little box? I think I like the ideal of "Hippity Hops" over "He-Man-Calf-Exploding-Shin-Splint-Inducers", but I'll get back to you on that.

I am sitting here pouring over my "Program Guide and Transformation Tracker", and wondering where my "smiley face, you didn't die today, should we call a medic" stickers are. Hmmmm, guess for now I will have to use my Sharpie (I love Sharpies). I did not start the program last evening, we were debating where the best place to put the calendar would be....that lasted way longer than it should have and the negotiations were brutal. I also created a safety zone in case there are any "resistance band" mishaps. Safety first, that's my motto.

Brem - your kids sound very cool. They also sound like the reason I have no children....my mother placed the "I hope your kids are just like you" curse on me and that was enough. My sister, however, did not head the warning and she has two just like me....I love those kids.

I must be off....no, the folks I support do not appreciate me. They are constantly bugging me, I keep telling them "don't press any buttons and we will all be fine." They never listen.

Have a good evening everyone.
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 300/273/180

Height: 5'11

Cormac - When I used to go to the gym ( in the winter when it was poopy out ) My friend and I used to walk on the treadmill, walking 3.5 mph at 5% incline. Doing that for an hour burned around 300 calories alone so if your going on an elliptcal, I bet you'll burn even more. I tried the elliptical once and it wasn't for me, it felt like I was sprinting the whole time ( or I just didn't know how to pace myself ). Just like I said to Brem when she felt guilty about the video, as long as your doing exercise of some sort that is moderately intense, I believe it's okay. Heck, it might even be better for your body to have a break from the routine, nothing like confusing your body to get faster results! As for your eating, I remember what I see a lot on weight loss forums. Everything in moderation. Have a great time in Orlando, I live by Toledo, OH which is 3 hours away from Cleveland. You deserve the break : )
brandon43512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #145  

Really quick post! First, I survived a day on sculpt. Hate chair dips today but getting better on the big girl pushups they are feeling better. Less swearing during the exercise so that is what I am measuring things by..... swear count.

Love all my peeps on here and I will catch up later just late for work today.

ps. I loved living in Orlando except for the storms.... and I was almost 100lbs lighter back then....
Old 04-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #146  

Good morning and Ta-Ta-For-Now...

Sweat done, but we did 1-2 for time's sake. Shower, airport, pool. Woot. Might cheat and have a cocktail with an umbrella.... y'all be well if I don't post, but I probably will. This has become an addiction. Healthier than most, but an addiction nevertheless.

Cheerio!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #147  

Cormac ~ Have a safe trip and have a drink for me. No umbrella necessary just do something that ends in "shooter" Posting and reading posts on her have become a part of my routine. I have certain sites I visit daily and it is almost OCD like people who have to turn the lock 5 times when they shut the door or something.

YWeight ~ How is it going. I thought of you while I was working out today and remembering the first day and how discouraged I got but believe me that you will be amazed at how quickly your body adapts and it gets easier each time. I do have set backs like I have been doing better with the hippity hops but today I did good on the running lunges and then was not able to do all the hippitys so I did something that looked like Apollo Ohno skating ( not as gracefully or as wide a stance but just resembled slightly) I have also noticed that the abs section is easier now and I am on day 25/90 so I can't imagine what it will be like on day 90. Stick with it and let us know how you are doing... We are cheering for you. I laughed about looking for the stickers I am very visual and I like little rewards like stickers. My husband originally order the P90 for himself so I felt like the calendar was for him to use so I made my own. He never used the calendar and I am tempted to steal it and fill it in. Love the safety zone. I have to admit that my big reason for tearing up our carpet was because 1. it needed to go but mainly I felt like the carpet was what kept me from doing better on the running lunges and hippity hops. I was almost correct. Now it sounds like elephants dancing in the house when I work out.

Allison ~ feeling bones wow. Only one I can feel is my collar bone, elbow and ankle. My husband was commenting that I feel different when he hugs me which I can't decide if he is trying to butter me up or if he really means it. Either way.. makes me happy....

Brandon ~ How is it going? How are the resistant bands? They seem harder than the weights. We started close to the same time so I just curious how it is going.

For me. I worked all night and my legs felt it. I wear those shape up shoes so I am working out while at work. That is what I think. It might not be doing anything but it can hurt right? I slept for a few hours then sat there trying to motivate myself finally I got up and worked it out. I feel great now I am off to the ball game. It is our teams third game and I hope we win!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #148  

Hey guys,

So I hurt my ankle running, thus I stopped running for the last two days. To make up for my inactivity, yesterday I walked from Yonge + Bloor down to King St, and back. For those not from Toronto, that's like a 6 km walk, and then I walked around the mall while waiting for my friend (without snacking!).

Today, it still hurts, so I just went for a 40-45 min walk in my Shape-Ups. I wrapped my ankle. Don't know if it'll do any good.

The last week has been really really hectic. I've been getting up at 6am working at my two jobs, volunteering, and trying to keep up a phone/Gtalk relationship going. Hopefully next week will be better, but I really doubt it. Next week, I start school but work in the morning. The life of a student.

Tomorrow will be a cheat day. I hope to get at least one P90X workout going, because I've been off for two days. Maybe the arms again and some abs - something with no/low impact.

Keep going everyone! I need to read more stories to get motivated to get better!

Last edited by AllisonR; 04-29-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #149  

Alright, just finished Chest and Back. Tried to complete Ab Ripper X. Sooo not happening.

Quick question: Does anyone find that one side of body, especially in the hips region are imbalanced. I feel like the right side is thinner, but also oddly shaped.

Cormac - Thanks for the support. I think I'll get back to running tomorrow (hopefully). It'll be my third day. I've never done Debbie's workout plan, but I completed Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, pretty much to a tee. I didn't see much results, but noticed a change in my stamina and arms. Like most people who started with it, it was difficult to finish even Level 1. By the end of the 30 days and even now, I can pretty much do Level 3 and don't really sweat until the end. It was a great preparation for P90X, especially for the Pylometrics video.

Bremro - I have those Shape-Ups as well. Do you see a difference? I'm not sure I do, but I feel my calves are more tired than usual when I wear them, and I'm more paranoid about walking heel-to-toe.

Brandon - I don't like the elliptical as well. My friend/colleague who is also a personal trainer says the elliptical operates more on momentum anyway, and even though people think they are burning more calories than they actually are. I really like the treadmill, but lately I can't see the results I used to get with it. Maybe I'm getting up there in my age, so my metabolism has slowed down. Anyway, then I decided to stop with it and start the 30DS and P90X. Now I've started running outside again.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #150  

Got my sculpt done and I am progressing. I switched to 10lb weights on presses and bicep curls. Still on 8lbs for triceps. I did do big girl pushups on the first 2 sets but dropped to my knees after the first 7 of the 7-7-7. I was unable to finish the chair dips. I seem to be getting worse on those but I am assuming it is because of the added weights that my muscles are fatiguing.

Hubby has decided to pick back up with the power 90. Which is great. I have decided that when this ends on Jul 3rd I am going to go to P90X and start it on the 5th. Hubby bought it last year so if it is in my house I might as well use it. I did ask for a stand alone chinup bar thing that has the Roman chair on the front. Yes my house is starting to turn into a gym and I don't mind. It is not like I do any real entertaining here. We are planning on building in the future so I am definitely putting in a home gym. Husband emailed me a link of the chin up equipment and hopefully it will be a Mother's Day/Birthday present. Will anyone else be interested in doing the P90X with me?

Well got to get some sleep because I work the next two nights. Hope everyone is doing good.