Old 05-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #181  

Morning all ... Day 47 Sculpt done. Busy day today -- hope that you all have a terrific start to the weekend (if this is your weekend (sorry Brem))!
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #182  

Yo Ho Ho Everyone ! ! (Yes, talk like a Pirate Day SHOULD be everyday)

Week 1 = DONE, HAH ! Today is rest day. About day 2 I thought, "Rest Day? I don't need no stinkin' rest day!". Well, guess again muchachos (Mexican pirates probably have more fun). I AM taking this rest day, and I'm ok with that.

I think each office should be allowed to send all of their "lurking" co-workers to one office building each day. That way, they can all stand around and stare at each other. That would be some high productivity now wouldn't it? Freak boy is working from home today, if my phone rings and I hear nothing when I answer, it's probably him.

JANE AND BELLE - Welcome, welcome. Jump right in.

OK, I could keep rambling because I am at work and I would rather do anything than what I am actually suppsed to be doing because it is boring and the most fun I will have today is hiding the "Fry's" ad that comes in the paper from office freak boy 2....but I won't.

Arrrrggg, Adios !

Have a great weekend.
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Y ~ so funny you said something about Richard Simmons. I thought about him when I was doing Plyometrics and thought why didn't I start with Sweating to the Oldies? I could have blown the doors off that video... but NO I have to go all Big and Bad.... I guess I remember mom doing those when I was a kid and I thought it was funny then... I need to apologize to mom... BTW 7-7-5!!! WOW you are amazing.

This week is nurse's week and next week is hospital week so food is being brought to us from everywhere! Luckily Night shift only gets 1/3 of the stuff day shift gets so that decreases my temptation some. On the night shift I go into rooms and family has brought in Kentucky Fried Chicken, Long John's Silver, McDonalds, Burger King and Sonic. I tell them they better eat quick because I am on a diet and I don't know how long I can resist from snatching that burger out of their hands. They laugh but they have no idea that I am really not joking. Then around 10pm the nurses start getting together the takeout menus and deciding what they are going to order. I bet I get asked 15 times what I want to order. So now when they say something about food that isn't something I can eat I plug my ears and sing "La la la la" It is a very immature way of deflecting temptation but it is working. Now you can find them huddled together with a menu and when I walk up they ask if I brought my lunch. The hard part is when it shows up they feel bad and ask if I want just a little bit of their food. The smells are what get me.

Welcome Jane and Belle!!

Ok yesterday.... Got off work, drove 30 mins to pick up my daughter from school, sat like a zombie through her dentist appt, took her back to school (mouth was still numb I told her to be careful, don't bite your tongue, have a nice day, it will be fine by lunch time) then finally got some sleep. I slept form 10-230 got up then it was Plyometrics... aka Jump training... I am going to call it Hippo Ballet.... Because that is what if felt like....He is saying soft landing and I am saying that this much weight can't land softly.... Here is my take... I weigh alot so I feel that I am having to work harder than the little 125lb chick on the video. So I am out of shape and jumping more weight around. Not too fair if you ask me. I made it through the video but can you say Modify? I did the best I could with out killing myself and I still hate jumping jacks. I am doing them better and I am eventually going to keep up with him but yesterday my calves hurt all the way up to my butt doing the darn warmup jacks. My favorite part was the sports section when we pitched the ball and caught, then basketball, and football. I liked the tire section where you act like you are running a tire course. They looked like they were jumping through big tractor tires. My tires might have been on a old Pinto or maybe a large lawnmower but I got through them.

I got through my workout in enough time to shower and get to the ball field because it was our turn to work the concession stand. So I sold hamburgers, cheeseburgers, nachos, fries, and cheesefries. I did good.. I didn't even lick my fingers. Every time I felt tempted I went and looked at the deep frier and it made my queasy. I did pack me a big salad with chopped chicken breast and put some fresh salsa on it instead of salad dressing. I ate that and drank water during my daughter's game.

Today's workout was all about the arms. I started with 8lbs and then on the second set I moved onto to 10lbs. I felt great after this workout and felt like I did pretty well. Then came Ab RipperX... I am unable to do this... Not the do you best. I don't have the ab strength to hold myself up on my tail bone yet so I went back to the power90 ab 100 but I did more like 15 of each exercise. So that is what I am going to do. I am going to work my way up to the AB 200 then work on the AB Ripper X. Right now Ripped isn't a necessity. Just Stable... or a little taut would be nice....

Alrighty I have got to go to bed so I won't be a zombie tonight at work. Tomorrow is Yoga X.... yea me...

Brandon~ where are you????
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

HEY EVERYONE,

I'm back! Hahaha Thanks for the shout outs and kind messages. It really helps. Usually when I am too busy to post, I read.

Welcome to the thread, new peeps!

Cormac - Congrats on day 46/47! We're almost there! 6 weeks!! Woot woot!

Y-Weight - Yes, class took place! Thanks for asking. The prof apologized but it was really half-assed. She said she was on the floor above us photocopying our course pack. [eye roll] Then she sent us out early to buy the course pack, and the place was closed. So far I am not impressed with her. Also we had a class discussion, and I disagree with almost everything she says.

- - -

As for me:

Okay, two days without P90X workouts. My excuse? WORK and NIGHT CLASSES! I work from 9-2, making me get up at 6. Then I have class from 5:30-8:30. Yes, I know I said this before. I'm just driving that point home. So instead, I WALK for at least 90 minutes during my 3 hour window. So it's not a total wash, right? Right?!? RIGHT?!?

Work is good. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my students, who are MY age. So it's strange to hear them call me "Teacher!" It's an amazing summer gig.

Someone asked me what do I teach? I WILL teach Science and English for either elementary or high school students. I am currently still in school, getting my teaching certificate and Master's at the same time (it was a good deal).

As for my fitness, I'm jumping back on the P90X train today. After I finish posting, I will do Legs + Back + Cardio X (not back-to-back) + Ab Ripper X (since I vaguely remember that I said I was doing doubles. Haha.) I wanted to run, but it's raining and cold.

That said, personally, I am having a horrible self-image day today. I feel fat and wide. I look in the mirror, and all I really see is belly and fat knees (because I was wearing a skirt today). And the goal just seems so far away now, even though I've been trying to squeeze cardio whenever and wherever I can.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #185  

Hey everyone,

It's just past midnight. So update: I didn't get around to doing Ab Ripper X or Cardio X. I just did Legs and Back, did some independent resistant band work on my arms and became really sore. And truth be told, I just didn't feel like it because I'm tired from this horrible week; the kinda SO and I talked; and then I talked to my mother; and then it was midnight.

A few days ago, I passed day 60. So I'm almost there, but truthfully the end is nowhere in sight. I WOULD LIKE to say that June 1/4 is day 90, and therefore I'm done. But I really doubt I'll see the results I want in 21 days. Like I said, I haven't been slacking, just doing a lot more low intensity stuff since I'm not home AT ALL.

So tomorrow will be Cardio + Cardio X? Or Kenpo? What do you guys think? I just did Core Synergistics two days ago. My arms feel tight, after this Legs and Back workout with the weights.

Just updating to stay accountable.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bremro - Keep those P90X posts coming! Pylo sucks, but you can do it!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #186  

Quote:
if my phone rings and I hear nothing when I answer, it's probably him.
Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. So, I read that and thought that nothing could get any funnier. Then I read this:
Quote:
I did good.. I didn't even lick my fingers.
And I thought -- hmm, this one could be a toss up. All in all, you guys were "on fire" for funny yesterday.

I was not. Longggg day with an epileptic alaskan malamute (yep, you haven't lived until the compounding pharmacist asks if you'd like the chicken or beef-liver flavored valium), a doctor's appointment, blah blah blah. But, today is a new day and then tomorrow is the ever-glorious rest day.

Allie -- welcome back! (and ewwww about your crazy week). I've only previewed the X workouts on You Tube, but I think that Kenpo looks almost fun (in a torture fun kind of way).

I'm gonna hop off and go get the sweat in (maybe after one more cup of coffee), but can I just say I can't believe how well we are all doing? Usually you read these threads and there's some initial enthusiasm followed by a fizz....le. This group keeps going and going. Thank goodness 'cuz there are definitely days when only the knowlege that I have to report in here gives me the energy to push the *#^$ play button.

Woot to us. Talk at you later.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #187  

Hi All,

Day 48 on the books (only 12 days to day 60? wow), and it was a max intensity 3-4 workout. That is not to say that I kept up with the kids, only that I gave it everything I had. I still struggle with three rounds of knees up, and with finishing the side kicks (wrecked from the fronts and the knee thrusts). And, let's be honest shall we? I am not moving as fast as the kids (or with their "pep") on the jacks/running/shin-splint inducers. But, I did keep up on the hippity-hops, which for some reason don't aggravate the shin splints. So, a good day all in all (at least once it was over). Plenty of room to improve but that is why I am here.

Just bought a steam cleaner -- off to try it on the living room rug. Yep yep, it is Saturday night--do I know how to live or what? But, as a chef, Saturday night is a "work night" for DH, so what the heck. It will keep me out of trouble, and I am looking forward to seeing how gross the water is when it comes out of the machine. Ewwww. Brem I was thinking of you and the carpet-bacteria discussion as I laid on my belly on the nasty rug today. That was all it took to send me tearing to the interwebs, comparing steam cleaners.

Speaking of which, after the interwebs, I was off to Target to make my purchase. While there, I browsed the fitness aisle (I always do). There was a woman there staring at the rack of workout DVD's, and she had sort of pensive yet defeated look. It took everything I had not to ask her to get to Beachbody and then join us on this board. No, I didn't say a word, I am not actually psychotic. But, she looked so sad. I am still thinking about this random stranger 2.5 hrs. later.

Okay, hope that you all have plans that are considerably more interesting than my own. Woot to my rest day tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #188  

So update on Day 68 (I went to Day Counter -heehee):

I just finished Kenpo X. (Thanks, Cormac!) It's starting to get sunny. Should I run/brisk walk or do Cardio X instead?

Nothing to report. Had a nap. Did some readings for my course, who BTW, forgot to copy one of the key readings! It's in the syllabus, but not in the course reader. WTF!!!

QUESTION: If you skip a workout day, do you count that day as one of your 90 days?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #189  

Day 4 done. It was yoga X. I was really dreading it but it was kinda of relaxing after some deep breathing. One thing that I don't like is that he is doing the same power yoga routine as the power90. so it is plank upward dog, plank down ward dog, warrior, then repeat... blah blah blah. I despise the upward dog. I just want to do downward dog then what ever add ons he wants. So as I was disgusted, we moved on to some kind of twisty things that makes you wring your body like a dish towel and then told to breathe. Which I desperately wanted to do but when you have all this fat pushing up against your lungs because you have your body in a tortures twist that is called prayer something or other. I have never prayed in that position and I don't think I could except to pray that I will be able to walk upright after that position. Later on I felt like we were auditioning for cirque de soleil. I later decided that yoga is really more like a demented game of freeze tag. I kept begging from someone to tag me so I could get out of my pose. I gave up after I fell a few times trying to hold a pose. Over all I didn't hate it.

Well I have to go to work. Boo Hiss....

Congrats Cormac on stepping up a notch. And have fun steam cleaning the carpets....
Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #190  

BIG UPDATE: I was finally able to do a Dreya Roll without my hands or crossing my legs!! YESSSS. I have no idea what it works, but it's improvement, right?

Oh yeah, so I ended up doing Doubles today: Cardio X + Kenpo X.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #191  

#1 ALL. HAIL. all the Mom's out there. Hope that it is a wonderful day.

#2 ALL. HAIL. rest day.

#3 ALL. HAIL. Allison's DREYA ROLL -- OMG are you kidding me? This psycho-move is also in the Master's Series, so for once I know what you are talking about. In 45 days of Master's I never managed it once without a "push" with the hands. Allie -- I know that you don't "feel" like you are where you want to be, but you are in incredible shape my friend. Just sayin'

#4 ALL. HAIL. the funniest line ever uttered on 3FC:
Quote:
Later on I felt like we were auditioning for cirque de soleil.
If I wasn't so dehydrated I would've just pee'd my pants. (Yep, sorry y'all, I know it's early).

Okay, off to shower, something I neglected to do yesterday (yep, sorry y'all, I know it's early). DH has to work today (restaurants are a bi*ch for holidays), so I might clean some more carpet. Speaking of which -- shameless product placement/plug (no, I do not work for Bissell) -- ALL. HAIL. the Bissell ProHeat 2X. Sweet fancy bananas y'all -- I cannot believe the job this thing did on my living room rug. I was seriously thinking about pitching the rug, but this crazy machine actually cleaned it. It took 3 passes to make the water run clear, but this morning I woke up to a new living room. Sorry, I really don't work for Bissell, but I can't stop walking over the rug in my bare feet.

OK -- off to the rain locker. Have a wonderous day. Call your Mom.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #192  

Okay, now really done and done. DH worked all day, busted his butt serving the "hat ladies" (Mother's Day, like the Derby, brings out the hats), but he is home safe now and on the couch. We called his Mom (my mom-in-law), she is wonderful but "challenging," and it feels good to have that call on the books with no fireworks or deep-tissue scarring, (No, really, she is terrific but a button-pusher -- and when you are 43 with no kids, you can guess where the red flashing buttons are).

Wow -- that was a little weirdly honest on a fitness board? Ah well, there is something to the anonymity of the internet (although Y is probably capable of seeking out my IP address and throwing me on the no-fly list in a minute).

Brem, hope that your girls were charmers today, and did NOT have softball or anything else for you to do other than sleeeep. I have no idea how you get by on your schedule, but I guess anything can become the norm with experience.

Great day all!!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #193  

Allison.. I haven't got to Dreya Rolls but YEA! for you!

Cormac ~ I am happy for you and your new carpet. My carpet was beyond any cleaning.

So after working I came home to be greeted by my two youngest daughters with their hand made gifts from school. My middle had a flower pot with a quote from Stevie Wonder "If love is sweet as a flower then my mohter is that sweet flower of love" She then informed me "Mom I don't know if you know this but the guy who said that is BLIND and I guess he can sing and plays the piano. I really don't get it cause how can he see the music? Do you think he was always blind and just kinda figured it out? I had picked out another saying but they can't remember who wrote it so they just call him Anonnonnnomous." This is my Diva child by the way. My youngest daughter had made things from school that she had hidden away from everyone because she didn't want anyone to tell. One was a cookbook where the kids contributed the favorite thing their mom makes. My kid put hot dogs and that I boil them for 60 "minits" I got a kick reading what the other kids wrote.

I then slept some... yep skipped church.... and then weighed in and lost another 2lbs. WOo freaking Hoo!!!! So I am officially down 21.8 lbs. To celebrate mom day I blew it out and we went to the Red Lobster and I did only one thing "ATE" ... and had a Bahama Mama... I would have had more but I had to be able to walk through the grocery store afterwards. I rented some movies I wanted to watch then came home and rested..so today was great....

Until we did Legs & Back, ABs... P90x and Red Lobster.... never should the two meet.... Rob and I did it together and at one point we were doing this side lunge then kick move. It looked like a creative version of the electric slide. We high fived each other for any exercise that we managed to pull out 2 or more. (pullups)
So I am off to shower and watch another movie...

Brandon.... Come in Brandon.... Where are you??/
Old 05-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 159/159/125

Hi everyone,

Would you mind another newcomer? I'm going to start Power 90 tomorrow, and I'd love it if I could use you all as my sounding board. Admittedly, I have not read through all 13 pages, but I have read some posts here and there... and I first must warn you that I am not nearly as humorous as some of you! However, that could all change when I decide it's better to joke about the pain than it is to whine and break down in tears.

A little about me: I'm 30 years old (31 in July), married, pursuing a Master's degree (graduating in July) and currently job hunting...

I don't have any dumbbells (yet) and don't have the resistance bands... so I think I'll just start off tomorrow using two soup cans. hehe

It's quickly approaching 10:30pm, and I promised myself I would get to bed at a halfway decent time tonight so that I wouldn't have a reason to convince myself that I am too tired to work out in the morning. We shall see how this plan unfolds...
Lidoffad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #195  

Lidoffad we are always glad to have newcomers! We are all at different Power 90 levels. So join right on in...

I just finished the Kenpo and I really enjoyed it. It was all kickboxing and I like the kick boxing. I definitely worked up a sweat and found out that all small children and animals should not walk close to me because I get in the zone. So don't sneak up on me at the gas station or the grocery store.. you might get a claw punch combo or a back kick (which will sting your shin for a moment because my kicks aren't that high yet)

I love that they do some war cry thing when they punch the last few punches of a set. I don't know if they are saying Hep or Hip or Hit but I am saying Help Help Help cause if I am in a situation where I am punching him in the face and he/she is still standing that I have to punch him in the gut too I need to be hollering "help"

ok got to get in the shower before I take the girls to school... I hate taking them when I look tore up from the floor up. It embarrasses them too.

Have a great day everybody...