Old 04-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #151  

Hello Everyone....
Hope Cormac is having fun in Orlando.

My first day will be tomorrow (queue dramatic music here). That makes day 90 for me on 07/29. The plan right now is to do p90x right after, but I'll let you know.

Everyone doing ok?

Allison - How's the ankle?
Brandon, Brandon...come in Brandon
Brem...I've cleared the garage, put the Nautilus free weights and treadmill in there. It was quite the workout just to get the garage cleared.

Lunch time here...what do you eat when you really aren't hungry, but have that little bit of a headache starting? Oh the decisions.

Later all, I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 300/273/180

Height: 5'11

Got on the scale, down 5 pounds! I think what was stalling me was the lack of exercise besides the p90. I decided to go for 3 walks on top of the dvd. One at noon,afternoon,then after supper, then I do the video around 8-9. I'm glad that I've lost the weight the right way than the way I did my first diet at the beginning of the year ( Was only taking in about 1200 cal a day ). My girlfriend is moving in on june 1st so maybe she'll do it with me? If not, she can giggle while she watches me sweat. Hope everyone else is still on track.

Yweight- I hope your excited for your new beach body...body! Try not to laugh at tony's mistakes/jokes/how many time he says bam and boom.

Brem - I've been using the magenta band, I think it's 20 pounds? for my resistance among a 25 lb dumbbell for curls/back exercises. I tried the 25 lb for the military press and about fell back haha, not very well balanced.

Cormac- It's 82 in Napoleon today, hopefully you have just as good weather in Orlando.

Allison - Since the weather's been nicer, I have been walking/jogging outside so I cancelled my membership. The only thing I miss is the weight room but for now I want to concentrate on losing the weight.
brandon43512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #153  

Okey-Dokey,

I feel like I just entered the confessional for the first time. Except, unlike when I actually entered the confessional for the first time, this time I will not have to invent any sins--I've got some real ones, and they are doozies.

Here goes ....

Umm, I did NOT work out on Friday or Saturday (I cannot believe it, so mad at me!), and I ATE AS IF IT WERE MY JOB. No lie y'all. I was like that dude on TLC who looks for food challenges. Not much of it was total crap, but virtually all of it was carb-crazy, and carbs (the simple ones, not the veg ones) are total poison to this 43-year-old hypothyroid-riddled woman.

Dammit. I am so mad that I actually fantasized about typing up a big fat lie about how great I did and how I worked out every day, etc. HA HA HA HA. Thankfully, I did then realize that this conduct would be INSANE, and thebetter angels took over.

HA. Anyway, not to worry, I have not lost my mojo. I will be hitting it hard again in the morning. I reality, I only missed 2 scheduled workouts, and I can't believe that this will be the end of me -- maybe I just tack 2 days on to the end of the program??

Man-o-man, I do hate reporting these "pause" days. But it is what it is, right? Looks to me like the rest of you are cooking along ... and a huge to Brandon on 5 lbs. gone!!!! Woot, that is freaking awesome.

Brem -- WTG on the push-ups -- your military days are "coming back to you" with a vengence (muscle memory my firnrnd). Let us know how WW went. I am so delighted that Rob is back on board with the workouts. No more smelling bacon while you "shake you bacon." Woot.

Allie -- shout out and hope that the injury is on the mend!!

Y -- was today the fay or is it tomorrow? Your observations in general are so funny -- cannot wait to get your take on this madness.

Time for Project Runway and a nap. Cheers all!
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone for the concern! I have not resumed running yet, as I was supposed to on the weekend. It still felt a little sore, so I just stuck with speed walking for 40 min and Kenpo X on Saturday.

Today, I had a spa day for my friend's birthday. I DID NOT feel like working out, and I was having a conversation with THE guy. Anyway, I forced myself to ignore MOST of his messages and completed Cardio X at 10:30PM. I am proud, and managed to work up a sweat as well.

Tomorrow, I will be working (teaching) from 9-2pm, have a 3 hour break, then GO TO class from 5:30-8:30. By that time I get home, it will be almost 10pm. Therefore, I think needless to say, exercise videos are out of the question, unless I find the motivation to do Core Synergistics around 11pm. (I don't have class tomorrow.) However, I will walk for an hour just around town after teaching class.

Brandon - I need a mental running buddy! This weekend's weather has been amazing.

Y-Weight - G'luck! I don't know anything about P90, but sounds like a good plan.

Cormac - Whatever! Just get back on the exercise train, and don't stop. A couple of days shouldn't hurt! We all need those off-days. If it makes you feel any better, I inhale 5-8 (I lost count) pigs-in-a-blanket today after the spa treatment, because I was so freakin' hungry. That's why I did the video.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #155  

Hi Guys,

Back on the horse, though not exactly a racehorse today. It is amazing how easily a day off for me could turn into a week off. Really had to struggle and dig deep to push play today, even though I gave myself permission to "ease back in" with phase 1-2. Anyway, got it done. Hope that you all are well!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

What a weekend. Flooding everywhere.... My brother in law from Colorado that we see very rarely (hubby's family is in Delaware and we don't get to visit often) was stuck (truck driver and closed interstate) at a truck stop so we drove through horrible rain to get to him and spend the day with him. It was also the diva's birthday so she was excited and wanted to eat at Samurai's (hibachi type restaurant) I didn't realize how much butter and sauces of immeasurable caloric proportions go into those dinners. I ate it anyway. So planning on getting back before dark so I could sleep (32 hours awake at this point with only a 2 hr nap before WW weigh in) I thought I would squeeze my workout in before bed. We went through a huge puddle and the belt slipped off the van. So we waited until my uncle could come tow us and my mom could take the rest of us home. Long story short... No workout yesterday. Boo Hiss

So today I have a mountain of laundry... we shall call it Mt Washmore.. and I plan on doing my sculpt in the morning then doing yesterdays sweat in the afternoon. I think the ball fields are almost underwater but we have some guys who would spend all day hauling sand and pumping out the field so they could play.... darn it.... so maybe we can have a night at home?

Good news WW yesterday and I lost 1.4lbs WoooHOOOOO! I had a really crappy night at work and walked for 11 of my 12 hours. Could be why my back is so sore. I am .2lbs from getting another dancing smiley on here and another 5lbs star at WW. If only I could have peed one more time before I weighed in.

Also I wanted a chin up bar that wasn't in the door way. So my hubby who is gearing up to do p90x with me and feeling motivated agreed to get one of those standing towers that has the roman chair, dip station, pull up bar, and pushup handles. Looks like some sort of medieval torture device but we priced it for $169 plus shipping ($$) but while we were in Murfreesboro seeing the brother in law I suggested we go over to see it's actual size. Guess what? It was on SALE. $130 no shipping and it will fit in the van !! Can you say Happy Mother's Day? So I got equipment to help get back the figure that becoming a mother destroyed. Sweet....

Our house is slowing becoming a gym. I am okay with that. Because hubby and i work different shifts we don't have company over so who cares if my living is a gym. I don't have to go to the gym and we are saving money on a gym membership. So I am going to get off here start chiseling away at Mount Washmore and work out today. Then when that is done I going to put together my workout tower of pain. I have never been able to do a chin up and I am determined that I will do P90x until I can do at least 5. ( I picked that number at random)

Hope everyone is having a good feeling good because I am getting healthy kind of day.
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #157  

Hello, hello, Everyone....

Welcome back Cormac....Orlando is like the 4th circle of **** in the way that it can make you run off the rails. I think it is all of that pixie dust coming out of the swamp. But no matter (and no offense to anyone in the state of FLA or the city of Orlando.....I have spent many a vacation in that fine area), you are back on track.

Brandon - Congrats on the 5lbs. Keep up the good work....and if the gf is just going to sit and giggle while you work out, demand applause at the end. Elvis put on a heck of a show while sweating and he got standing ovations.

Allison - Excellent on getting Cardio X done. And please, the next time there is inhaling of pigs-in-a-blanket we need VIDEO.

Brem - I heard about the rain and flooding. Scary the kind of weather that is happening lately. If this is the ends times I wish someone would put out a memo....after days 1 & 2 I will be really pissed if the end of the world comes on Aug 1st. (Just kidding God).

And speaking of days 1 & 2.....they are in the books. Is it a bad thing when you break a sweat during the warm up? I started with the Sculpt and I have to say I LOVE IT, again, I LOVE IT. I couldn't do everything, but that's the point, right? The 7-7-7 was more like the 4-2-3, but it was my first day. it will happen. I can totally see where that resistance band could fly out of someones grip....there should be a warning label on those. I agree with everyone, there should be some sort of intro on how to do the moves. We would watch them, then pause and try them, then watch them again. No worries, it was only day 1. Day 2 - OMG, what the heck is that power yoga stuff? It got to the point that I just sat and stared at the screen saying - "Seriously?, this is the intro stuff? SERIOUSLY?"....but I was able to scramble back to my feet to get into the warrior pose. It's probably a good thing that cats make no audible laughing sound. About those hippity hops, in my book they are the B.E. Hops (Black Eye Hops). The jumping jacks and the BE Hops will need to be done with caution. Day 2 was much more difficult than day 1, but this is just the beginning.

Have a good day everyone !!!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #158  

Oh, I almost forgot. The toughest part of this whole thing....the day 1 pictures and measurements.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

So bad day, overall. Class was cancelled WITHOUT warning, and I wasted over 4 hours of my time waiting for it. I DID, however, walk for two hours around downtown. But what I'm pissed about is that I have to wake up early tomorrow, and unprepared into teaching, since by the time they called me to teach a class, it was 5pm. The school was closing, and I was waiting at the university like a sitting duck for one hour after classes started. And bad day with the (kinda) SO. Just bad, bad overall.
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #160  

Oh no ... Allison! That sounds like a totally unfair day all around. The &#$%'s stole two of your days -- yesterday with the cancelled class, and today the scrambling to get ready to teach. You'll get it done though -- I'm sending patience and energy waves up north right now....

Oh, and ugh, if anyone has any energy-waves they could shoot towards Ohio that would be awesome. DH is sick. As in sick sick. The vomiting (sorry y'all, I know it's early) started around midnight and continued until after 4 AM. I wasn't up that whole time but it was not a good night's sleep. Now my workout buddy can't workout, and all I want to do is crawl back into bed. I'm not just physically tired, I am also feeling sad and blue because DH is sick and I cannot miss work today to "fix" it. Waa-waa-waa-waa-waa. I think it's another 1-2 day, and I'll be proud of myself if I can get that done. I'm sitting here thinking about the torture yoga and the side-kicks, and wondering if being overweight and out of shape is really all that bad....

Argh -- digging deep and telling myself that I will feel better in about 38 minutes.

And, ENOUGH of that already. If you guys can do this so can I, right? ("What one man can do, another can do." << Anthony Hopkins, in The Bear-- a great mindless drama-action flick.)

Brem -- WOOT on another great week at WW! You are my inspiration for today. I am thinking about you working all night and staying awake for 36 hours at a time and still getting the workout in. "What one man can do, another can do." Once again I am oh-so-grateful that I found this board.

Y-- HA HA HA the BE Hops. I keep wondering when I will be able to do them without feeling my spare tire moving about and hitting me in the a$$. Not pretty folks. And "land softly"? "Soft knees, supple ankles" -- SERIOUSLY? How's about "Screaming calves, burning foot arches"? And, speaking of burning, I know we all speak often of the torture-yoga and the hippity-hops, but is there anyone else who despises the "knees up arms up"? I actually think that I prefer the hopping.

Brandon--we've been having gorgeous weather in Cleveland which is totally out of character, hope you are having the same in Napoleon. I envy your walks/jogs. I feel like I could making more progress if I could just throw in another 90 minutes a week in cardio -- 3 good walks a week would do it, but so far I haven't made the time. Maybe this week I will try to add a walk on Saturday and Sunday, though with Sunday being my coveted and much-loved "rest" day that may be a bit of a pipe-dream.

Okay -- now an hour later and I still haven't done anything other than TALK about the workout. Guess it is time for action? Thinking about wanting to be able to tackle the X in July-August, and knowing that if I show up every day this program can't "not work." All about the process......

Have a GREAT day all. Talk at you later.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #161  

Ok it is day 30. Took my pictures and was super excited to see the difference. Didn't happen. I thought they looked exactly the same. I was so bummed and then I did the measurements.
Weight -7.8lbs
Chest -1"
Waist -2.5'
HIPS -2"
R THIGH -0
L THIGH -.5" (WTH IS UP WITH THAT I AM OFF CENTER NOW)
R UPPER ARM +1/4" (AGAIN WTH)
L UPPER ARM -0

so grand total I have lost 5 3/4 inches so I am not that too tore up now that I look at the numbers but the pictures were a disappointment. Bottom line I might not see a huge difference in the mirror. But I FEEL the difference and my strength is better than it has been in 10yrs or more. So is my cardio. I have been obsessing and spending all my free time looking up p90 and p90x online and I did notice that it was the day60 and day90 that you really start seeing results so I am going to keep on trucking...

Brandon ~ 5lbs WOW so happy for you I know that is a good feeling.

Cormac - Glad you are back on the horse... these boards wouldn't be the same without you and your posts.

Allison ~ Hope your day today is better. I will be sending good vibes your way.

YWeight ~ So glad to have you with us and hearing about 7-7-7 and 4-2-3. the numbers get better and you will be amazed at how quickly you see progress in strength. It is all about sticking to it. I have days that I am 7-7-7... then last night it was more of a 7-5-3.

So last night I worked out with hubby. (He is BACK on the working out) My youngest daughter grabbed her 3lb weights and worked out with us. I cracked up because my husband asked every exercise "how is my back is it straight" I am used to zoning into what I am doing so I have to get better about being more of a team player I guess. We did a mile walk after supper and I notice my pace is alot faster now. Hubby usually goes faster than I do but I was pushing the pace last night.

I got the Tower of Power together yesterday. If the directions say to hand tighten all screws until it is together then go back and tighten completely... believe them... It doesn't fit right if you tighten as you go.... Want to know how I figured that out? Well it is in the living room and it looks like I have moved into a gym. Everyone gave it a whirl and I am determined to do a chin up if it kills me.

Hope everyone has a happy happy joy joy day.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #162  

Hi Ho Everyone.....

Allison - that's lousy, I am so disgusted by the lack of respect people and organizations have for others. What, your time isn't important? Hang in there.

CORMAC - YES, being out of shape and overweight is all that bad. Do not crawl back into that bed, that's where the barfing cooties are. Get up, get going and ROCK THAT WORKOUT ! ! I know you will....besides, if you are not strong who will take care of hubby?

Bremro - So since you have the Tower of Power in your living room do you say you live in the House of Pain? 5 3/4 inches in a new routine that you spend at least a week of just trying to figure out is very good. And, like you said you FEEL the difference. Just remember, you can't do a chin up if you don't keep your chin up.

As for me - day 3 is complete. The mantra last evening was, "that's ok, you're doing more than you did the first time."...and I was. I almost collapsed on the dips, but I got there. Tonight it's the power yoga...I can do this.

Hang in there everyone.....
Old 05-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #163  

ok after 30 days on Power 90... my husband and I have been hem hawing (I don't know if that is actually a word or if I even spelled it right) about starting p90x. So I am about as motivated as I can be and I keep seeing the commercials over and over again. I keep hearing Tony say "Do your best and forget the rest" So since I already have the DVDs and such.... Rob and I are starting it today. Crazy? Yes I know it is crazy but I know ya'll we forgive me if I start it, then fail miserable and start back on power 90 right?

I am going to post on here just the same if that is alright with all of you. So whatcha think?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #164  

Bremro - I say give it a go, and absolutely keep posting here,
Old 05-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #165  

BREM --
You MANIAC. That is freaking awesome! I too have spent a lot of time on these and other boards, and plenty of people dive right into the X without much pre-conditioning. "Forget the Rest" is right. I am actually more than a little secretly jealous. But, (1) I am not ready in terms of owning the program, equipment, etc.; and (2) I had to force myself pushing and screaming through Sweat 1-2 today. If I'd had to hit Plyo X or whatever I might not have done it. Also I am vaguely OCD about "processes." I am a very linear thinker, as well as a chronic rule-follower. I am afraid to "break routine." Plus, although I finished P90 in 2007, I have had lots and lots of stops and starts since then. Tomorrow is DAY 45 for us, and I am excited as all get-out to be at the 1/2-way point. I really want to "complete" this task if only for the confidence-boost. Still -- secretly jealous. I cannot WAIT to hear your descriptions of the workouts. This is going to be a GREAT 90 days....

Now, on to the photos. Bleh--I hear you on Day 30's. I couldn't see anything in my photos either. I thought "that's CRAZY-- I have been religious about this thing for 30 days, I feel more toned, but nothing has happened?!?" Same exact thing happened in 2007 (although I eventually saw a big improvement). That said, I was perusing another board the other day, and came across a link to an article that I thought was AMAZING. I felt like the Doc (author) was in the room, talking specifically to me. It finally explained to me, in very concrete, scientific terms (remember I am a linear thinker), why "the best results come in the last 30 days," especially after a long period of sedentary conduct. It is similar to that other article I posted about the muscles holding on to water after tough exercize, but much more complete and explanatory. The article is long, but so-very-worth reading. I am going to post it in a separate post when I am done with this one.

Y--
Quote:
Do not crawl back into that bed, that's where the barfing cooties are.
HA HA HA HA HA HA. I did an actual LOL when I read that one. And I did not crawl back into the bed, I crawled into the living room and pushed through the Sweat. Actually turned out to be a good workout, all my b*tching nothwithstanding. I made it through everything at Tony's pace, even the "shin-splint inducers." Which, by the way, I think I was doing with the wrong form all along (hence "shin-splint-inducers").

I SO agree that there should be a "form" DVD with this package, but I've discovered that You Tube is incredible for such stuff. There are remarkably helpful and well-done videos showing the "right" way to do all sorts of things "correctly" -- I thought I had chronic knee and lower back issues until I watched a few vids and learned that my form on squats was dead wrong (despite trying very hard to copy Tony and the kids). Highly recommended if you start feeling any pains that aren't just the "good" aches that come from working out.

And BTW -- forgot to give you a big on the first day pics. That is a tough moment, for sure. If I can dig them out I am going to post my DH's day 1 photos later (can you say "kicking and screaming"?). Funny, I promise. And WOOT for Day 3! When you get frustrated (or, shall we say, "if") just go back and read the beginning of this thread. Eventually all becomes do-able.

Allie--

Hope that you rocked the teaching assignment today (what do you teach BTW?), and that the ### didn't throw you any more curve-balls. Brem is joining you on the X!! I look forward to your conversations about the various DVD's. I will use it as my inspiration to get there too.

Brandon--

Hope all is well and that you too enjoyed the glorious weather that we had in NE Ohio today. Question about your walks -- do you "map them out" beforehand? Do the same one each time? Or just wing it? I feel like a brisk walk is something that I can work in a couple of nights a week, but I have never (this is embarassing) tried to use a good walk as a "fitness" tool. I know there are theories about all of this out there on-line, but wondering whether you follow any particular "plan."

OKAY -- another EPIC post.... (about to be followed with an EPIC article). Be well all -- and see ya tomorrow, right?

Last edited by Cormac; 05-04-2010 at 08:26 PM.