Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Squishy - you lost 9 lbs in 4 weeks and 12.5 inches and you aren't happy!? That is awesome. Honestly, weight loss isn't linear and you can't always rely on the scale to show you fat loss only weight and our weight is composed of a few things including water. Keep sticking with it.
It's not that I'm not happy; it's mainly that I feel like maybe I'm not putting in enough effort or using heavy enough weight or something because my friend has lost more than 20 pounds (and I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 28 pounds lost by this weekend) in the same period of time and has been telling all our friends that she dropped 4 pants sizes and has gone from wearing a XL to a S shirt whereas I'm only down one pant size. At the same time, she's probably exagerating because I've lost more inches than her and started off smaller than her so it seems improbable that she has all of a suddenly went from a 20 to a 12. I haven't seen her because she's refusing to let anybody see her until next Saturday. It's just frustrating because my results aren't nearly as good as what she's reporting. My fiance tells me I shouldn't let her get to me because he feels like she is exagerating too. Oh well. I know that I am becoming healthier and stronger every day, so I'm trying not to give up like I usually do and I'm extremely happy about my inches lost in my waist especially.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #317  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

She could be exaggerating but also if she is bigger than it is possible for her to lose more than you. Also, everyone is different so you can't compare your results with others. You are doing awesome
Old 04-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #318  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

squishysquirrrel
Don't let your friends results get you down YOU know your results and without hers you are happy and PROUD! Remember it may be 1 shirt or 1 pair of pants she found that fit her in that SIZE and we ALL know how CRAZY sizes can be I wear from a 4 to a 12. So be happy with your self and it sounds like your BOYFREIND is very proud too!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #319  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

I just got my CE in the mail yesterday. I am so excited to start! I have been thinking about doing this for months now. I really have a lot to lose so I can't wait to see just how much I lose in 90 days!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #320  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKiddo View Post
I usually do Turbo Jam before CLX. It gets me warmed up and when I finish the cardio, it's a way to force me into not skipping my main program. I just added the extra cardio on the second week and short workouts (30 min max). A month later I was able to do TJ's Cardio Party and CLX. Go within your limits. Add a little cardio one or two days a week and see how that goes. If you feel you can do a little more, than add a little more!

I am doing Insanity with Turbo Jam and ChaLEAN Extreme. Not all on the same day of course, but Insanity is my main program now. I do TJ 3x a week and CLX 3x a week (the weightlifting routines).
MJKIDDO - Thanks for the tips! I am going to try to starting working more cardio in, beforehand like you suggested. And WOW you are great inspiration - three different workouts!?!?! That's great! Good luck with your fitness goals
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #321  

I just did the fitness test for CLX. Holy crap I am so weak! I couldn't even do one regular pushup and I could only do about 20 crunches. I can't believe how weak I am. I can't wait to be strong again!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 140/136/115

Height: 5' 0"

I've been doing CLX for two months now, just come to the end of the Push phase and will be starting Lean tomorrow. I really enjoy it however I've really not lost much weight or inches (I'm 5' 0", 135lb and want to be 120lb). I believe that my lack of success is my eating which I'm planning to improve on. I'm not however going to give up on it as I've found the benefit to my overall well-being is worth the effort and hopefully if I revise my food I'll see the results I want.

Good luck to all the other CLX people. Squishy - I'd love to have seen your results!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #323  

Hi Everyone,
I just ordered the program and its on the way to me now. Should be here by Thursday or Friday. Over this past weekend I bought the Weider expandable weights but only up to 12.5lbs but I'm already thinking that will not be heavy enough in short order but figure it at least gets me started.

I've spent the last six weeks getting my eating habits better and feel pretty good about that part. I one of those people that likes to lift weights and not cardio so much, so, I feel this will work well for me. I figure on my rest day I'll do some streatching and pilates.

I'll do my measurments at the start but will not weigh in or anything else except for once a month. The scale is not my friend. I'm the type that loses inches and then gets frustrated with the scale number doesn't drop the way I thought it should. Or if someone else loses more weight and then I get negative about my results when I shouldn't. So, to avoid all that the scale will going into the closest to not come back out except for my once a month weigh in. The key is working with myself and not against.

I will only be able to do this program for one month initially because I have surgery sometime in june and that will put me out of commission for a few months, but at least I can get started an I'm happy with that plan.

I wish every one luck and look forward to share my progress with program.

Melinda

Last edited by dobiemom73; 05-03-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #324  
All the Way.

S/C/G: 214/213/140

Height: 5'7''

I started on CLX Day before yesterday (yesterday was rest day)...i LOVED how it was only 35 minutes...the time flew so quickly..and i love chalene's energy and motivation...i hope to keep up with it..like another person said..i put my scale in my closet and wont take it out until each phase is over..(so day 30, then day 60, then day 90)...i'm horrible with my diet...so i have to control and manage that..which will be the hardest thing..i hope i see results tho..i feel different already within the first day...or am i overthinking it?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #325  
Training for life!

melinda that sounds geat it Will make you stronger for the surgry and youwill feel better going in! And you will have it to look forward to as you recover!
Danceportal I think you can feel it right away because its is the positive enegy you are putting in. I love Chalene and the SHORTER BUT VERY effective workouts

YOU WILL SEE RESULTS EVERYONE!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #326  

Devadiva,
Thanks for the thoughts. Great pic of your dog!! Looks like he's driving or at least leading the way.

Melinda
Old 05-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #327  
msm

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!

I am just finishing up my final week of Insanity, and will be starting Chalean Extreme on Sunday. Yay! I am pretty ready to be done with Insanity so I am excited about all of this. I have a few questions for all you experienced folks out there regarding extra cardio. I have read on this thread and elsewhere that Chalean Extreme is much more effective if extra cardio is added into the mix. This is what I am thinking of doing, and I wanted to know if it is enough:

- On the weight days I was thinking of adding a 20-30 min cardio workout. I have that short 20 min Turbo Jam video, a 23 min Hip Hop abs video, and a 20 min zumba. I could rotate these throughout the week on the circuit days. I don't want to do much more than 20-30 min extra on those days because I won't be able to commit to more than one hour of working out per day. Do you think that's enough?

- I was thinking of leaving the CLX cardio days as is. I did read somewhere that these can get a little boring, though. Have you guys found this to be the case? I could always throw in the occasional insanity video (but i would only want to do this once in a while - i need a break from insanity for a bit!!)

- On one of the rest days I am planning on either going to my favourite step class or doing a longer turbo jam or hip hop abs video.

What do you guys think? Is this enough?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm View Post
Hi everyone!

I am just finishing up my final week of Insanity, and will be starting Chalean Extreme on Sunday. Yay! I am pretty ready to be done with Insanity so I am excited about all of this. I have a few questions for all you experienced folks out there regarding extra cardio. I have read on this thread and elsewhere that Chalean Extreme is much more effective if extra cardio is added into the mix. This is what I am thinking of doing, and I wanted to know if it is enough:

- On the weight days I was thinking of adding a 20-30 min cardio workout. I have that short 20 min Turbo Jam video, a 23 min Hip Hop abs video, and a 20 min zumba. I could rotate these throughout the week on the circuit days. I don't want to do much more than 20-30 min extra on those days because I won't be able to commit to more than one hour of working out per day. Do you think that's enough?

- I was thinking of leaving the CLX cardio days as is. I did read somewhere that these can get a little boring, though. Have you guys found this to be the case? I could always throw in the occasional insanity video (but i would only want to do this once in a while - i need a break from insanity for a bit!!)

- On one of the rest days I am planning on either going to my favourite step class or doing a longer turbo jam or hip hop abs video.

What do you guys think? Is this enough?
I did Turbo Jam with ChaLEAN. I did Turbo Jam 5x a week and the only day I didn't do TJ was on the Burn Challenge days. But every other day I added Turbo Jam. My goal was at least an hour of exercises, but I oftenly did more than that.

I had only 1 rest day. On the other rest day I usually did TJs Cardio Party 3 + another TJ video. Yes, you could throw in a Insanity video.

I really had fun doing this program. I'm doing Insanity and ChaLEAN Extreme, but I'm doing the Lean For Life Phase, that I'll do it twice so I can finish it with Insanity.

I cannot live without Chalene. My main program now is Insanity, but I'm doing with CLX and Turbo Jam. She is just so amazing! By the time I finish Insanity, Turbo Fire will be out so I'll have more Chalene in my life!!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #329  
Training for life!

msm
I agree with mukiddo as far as adding the cardio I too did and am doing Chalean with Insanity at this time cannot imagine living without CHALENE {unless I go back to p90x but it is a tme eater]. I do not get bored with Chalenes cardio AND I think YOUR PLAN IS GREAT to add the 20 min cardios AND I also UNDERSTAND the break from INSANITY!!!!!
Melinda
My big baby{dog} does lead the way he thinks hes a lap dog he weighs 140lbs!Hope you enjoy todays workout!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #330  

Well I've now done the first 2 burn workouts. I have weights up to 10 lbs. but I don't think they are heavy enough (apparently lugging a 30 lb. 2 year old around gives you some muscle). I have noticed that my upper body is way stronger than my lower body. I feel like I need to increase weight for my upper body but my lower body is shaking by the 10th rep. Hopefully my lower body will catch up.
Closed Thread