Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #76  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thanks dudes! It's only halfway through Day 4 so I dunno if I have "conquered" anything, but I seem to be at least sort of used to the idea. Tonight I am going to the mall where I am accustomed to having Baskin Robbins or a Subway cookie for dessert - let's see how that goes.

Does anyone here get really tantrum-y and upset if they have a disappointing meal? The way I see it is that I barely get to eat at all so everything I eat should be something I love. Today I had curry udon for lunch and the noodles were waterlogged/too soft and the curry was watery and I actually felt a lump in my throat like a frustrated small child who can't express itself. WTF?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #77  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Haha, I so have the opposite problem... I eat in a campus dining hall and I get upset when the 'main' entrees (that I know aren't good for me) are super-delicious. For example, Korean BBQ, and calamari, and THE best brisket. Mouth watering now. The healthy dishes aren't given nearly as much attention and it shows.

I guess because I can 'fix' my own meals I'm guaranteed a minimum standard of deliciousness: grilled chicken, raw spinach or mesclun leaves, cucumbers, balsamic vinaigrette, a sprinkle of granola to replace croutons -- the best 250-calorie salad in the world. I eat that and I'm happy.

Things that make me less-happy: POUND CAKE. It tastes so delicious and when it's out for a late-night snack (like tonight) I can't resist. At least I didn't take the brownie, right? ... but that sliver of pound cake (110 calories, ugh) ended up making me feel sick & weirdly warm-up-through-my-esophagus all night. Ah well... serves me right for overeating.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Krampus... I experienced that last night! I tried to do something different with Boca crumbles and it did not turn out that great. I was so mad that my dinner wasnt tasty that I had 25 M&Ms, still stayed within my calorie range for the day, but I could have chosen a more nutritious way to use those calories.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #79  
Staying the Same

Dinner was disappointing too. My friend made sushi and gave it to me. I planned on saving it all for later, but we ate dinner in the food court and the ONE place with healthy options was completely out of sandwiches, so I ended up ripping up the sushi and throwing out most of the rice and just eating the innards. Of course some rice made it in there too. For "dessert" I got a couple chicken skewers with green onion and ate them while my friends had crepes and ice cream. I got home, cut up the leftover sushi and prepared it for lunch tomorrow, had a couple bites, and just felt horrible and guilty and disgusting. Ended up doing 2 workouts today as a result of guilt. Took some progress pictures and decided I was officially unhappy with how I look. It's not fair that girls my height and weight with bigger bones have flat stomachs and look so much more evenly distributed. I feel bigger than I did at 155 tonight!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #80  
Corporette diet

Woke up at 10 today but chose to nap. Then didn't eat until 1, ironically because I was afraid that when I did I'd binge. I finally ate when I started to feel dizzy with hunger.

It's 1:25 pm and I just ate a lunch of 503 calories -- healthy, but more than I intended. :/ I hate that my meals tend to be so large -- I'm violating all those small-meals-often rules. I'm still dizzy.

I suppose it serves me right to have blown 40% of my calories for the day and still feel unsatisfied -- I think I hadn't eaten since 8 pm the night before... I will never go this long without eating again.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 130/125/119

Height: 5'4

Krampus - I know exactly what you mean about wanting the minimum number of calories you do allow myself to be absolutely delicious. I almost feel cheated when whatever I'm eating doesn't taste good or isn't how i expect it should taste

But has anyone else noticed that now that you are eating more veggies you actually tend to crave veggies? Don't get me wrong, I still majorly crave my sweets, but it seems like sometimes all I want is a big old salad.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #82  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Out of the 120s!

Hi all,
I was so excited to find this thread. I've never posted on one of these message boards before, but I'm finally attempting to get rid of a few pounds for good. I currently bounce between 126-129 pounds, and I'd like to get down to 115. I run around 35 miles per week, and I feel my best when I am around 115. I eat pretty well except that I love candy and sweets- I can go an entire day eating healthy goods, only to eat a lot of junk at the end of the day. I know that once I get below 120 I'll feel great. It's tough!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Hey, guys, I know that I've been away for a long while and that this is rather late, but I wanted to say thanks to WildVulpix, Krampus, and Ciao for responding to my mid-December rant about bingeing/work-weight drama. I really appreciated it, and I meant to say so, but first my parents came, and then my operating system died for some inexplicable reason. I finally got the computer fixed last weekend, and I'm glad to be back at 3fc!! I somehow managed to struggle down out of the 120s despite not being able to get on here, but I hope you girls don't mind if I keep posting in this thread. It's encouraging to talk to people around the same weight!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #84  
Corporette diet

Nienna, stick around for sure. When there are more of us to join you, we might even start a 110s thread for the shorties among us. I realized today, and was quite unhappy to realize this, that I actually have a very small frame and very high BF percentage for my weight -- augh -- so I might have to lower my goal.

Can I just say: I HATE EXERCISE. SO MUCH. I am working on my laptop right now in a half-squat, hoping to knock out some "strength training" without actually getting changed into clothes for cardio & such.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #85  
ONe day at a time

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Height: 5'1"

You sound like me Nienna. I hate exercising too. Gotta do it though to get the lbs off. I'm small framed and short, so I totally get the high BF percentage. I've just started cardio at the gym this week, and I've gone every day. For me, this is major to have gone 4 days in a row without skipping. I'm not going to weigh until Sunday though. Hope the scales are kind to me. Cheers!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #86  
Staying the Same

lackadaisy I HATE THAT SO MUCH. We have to work twice as hard as a lot of non-Asian chicks our height. What size shoe are you? I'm a 6 US and I have to wear children's watches. No idea what my BF percentage is but I'm not sure I want to know. I am fluffy all over and can barely feel my bones.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #87  
Corporette diet

krampus: I wear size 6 shoes too! And I've never owned a watch that fit, so I just... don't wear watches. I tell people we Chinese ladies have evolved in response to historical restrictions of patriarchy: girls with big feet died in footbinding. (Or, the actually probably reason: girls with big feet never married and didn't produce other small-boned babies. LOL & FML)

As to being fluffy... I have back fat folds when I turn. My shoulders are rounded. My inner thighs flop and my butt is saggy -- at 126 lbs! So, yes. MUST LIFT WEIGHTS. Small frames suck

Tonight is Chinese/Lunar New Year -- happy new year everyone! Except... there are so many campus events/parties as a result. I skipped Senior Bar because it would be irresponsible with my workload, so I ended up going to a Vietnamese lunar new year celebration and getting a portion of banh chung which I think was about 2 oz and thus 100-150 calories, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and a coffee cupcake, because they are homemade and epically delicious and I've only eaten 900 calories today. But I'm full right now (though obviously not so full I couldn't eat a cupcake...) I know I'll be up until past midnight; the only question is CAN I STARE DOWN A CUPCAKE FOR THREE HOURS WHILE WORKING ON MY COMPUTER?

YES I CAN. YES I CAN. No I can't. YES I CAN. :/
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #88  
Corporette diet

I'm probably the only one online right now, but just to keep you guys updated on my epic struggle against a visible cupcake: I have written another 500 words in the past 1.5 hours, and I have only nibbled at that cupcake. Literally 1.5 grams or fewer have entered my mouth.

The casualties were elsewhere: three 8 oz mugs of Lipton tea with sugarfree sweetener. THREE MUGS. So this is where the 48 oz of water a day comes from -- ha!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #89  
Staying the Same

Do you run or do pushups? They're both free and have done wonders for shaping. But I'm still fluffy at 126 too and I am fairly certain I'd have to get down to like 110 before I am happy..of course then I'd find something else to pick on myself over. It never ends!

Just out of curiosity lackadaisy what clothing sizes do you wear? I'd be surprised if we aren't a similar shape/build. I am slightly bottom heavy but not a pear.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

I think the three of us (krampus, lackadaisy, and me) are probably similar sized. I definitely carry my weight in my bottom half... though my bottom measurements are misleadingly big - I have a "bubble butt" haha ... I've come to peace with it's size, but I'd like it to tone up!
Closed Thread