Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

I feel like the "old lady" in the bunch here, but honestly, in my mind I am still 25! Who gave me a husband and a 10 year old??? I admire all of you "girls" in trying to get on track while you are young because it really does become very difficult as you get older. I just turned 40 and not only do I deal with hormonal issues but at this point, most of you will have careers, family, etc., and it becomes very difficult to make time for yourself. Intellectually, we all know it is extremely important to do so, however, putting it into practice is not always easy. I think you are all great and the choices you are making are smart and informed and having support is essential. When I got married in 1996, I was less than 100 pounds. However, I was eating no more than 800calories a day and most days I was eating an apple and a bagel. Ridiculous. Stupid. Fill in your own words. We all know that is NO way to lose weight healthily, so I am in NO WAY condoning my behavior. In fact, I believe those years really messed with my metabolism. The internet was very new and few people used it like we do now. Please, Windows 95 had just been introduced and I was still using DOS at work! So, keep up the good work and even though we have to take it one day at a time, it's great that you are all looking at the big picture. BTW, I weighed in at 119.5 and have cramps and am very irritable so I am guessing it's my TOM. Due to the hysterectomy 11 years ago, I may be developing endometriosis. Great....add it to the other stuff I am dealing with! Good lord. Anyway, stepping off my (very short) soap box now. Have a great day and week!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Lisa,
Sorry you're having lady troubles Just gotta roll with it when these days happen.

Thanks for the encouragement. When you're in your 20's it's a 50/50 shot you either have to deal with a.) babies and husbands or b.) parties, drinking, social outings, and other various bad-for-the-diet temptations, EVERY single weekend, and some weekdays too.

I suppose it's tough no matter what stage in life you're in!

I think somewhere right before college, I developed all these odd food/weight issues... but, I will always keep exercising, even if I'm overweight. I only get one heart, and it needs me to use it!

Wishing you a positive day,
FPSJ
Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #198  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Thanks, Lisa! I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but I promise that this "diet" for me is actually all about enjoying food -- I love food so much I couldn't stick to it any other way. I'd never put myself through 800 calories a day or any kind of eating disorder

Haven't slept much since "last night" -- I think I was even on 3FC 5 hours ago, lol -- and let myself overindulge with breakfast. Never letting my friends share their coffee "drinks" (Starbucks doubleshot, in this case) with me again. But I needed that -- it's all about finding the energy to get right back to my thesis.

In a great mood today. Making progress on the writing, had great food including ridiculous amounts of protein, fit into an old skirt this morning, finally seeing a little bit of steady progress on the scale. We'll see how long this lasts.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 203/123/124

Height: 5'6"

I've gained a couple of pounds over the last week- sigh- I have not been able to stay away from all the cake and ice cream and cookies in my house. It's making me feel a little depressed as I really want to finish shedding this weight-which I am so S-L-O-W to lose to begin with and here I am shoving ice cream down my throat, sprinkled with a few smarties I need to kick my rear end back into gear and I have known that for a few weeks now, but I just can't seem to get to it. I know if I don't do it now, come summer time I will be so mad at myself. This time of the year has always been the most difficult for me.....
Old 02-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalx4 View Post
I've gained a couple of pounds over the last week- sigh- I have not been able to stay away from all the cake and ice cream and cookies in my house. It's making me feel a little depressed as I really want to finish shedding this weight-which I am so S-L-O-W to lose to begin with and here I am shoving ice cream down my throat, sprinkled with a few smarties I need to kick my rear end back into gear and I have known that for a few weeks now, but I just can't seem to get to it. I know if I don't do it now, come summer time I will be so mad at myself. This time of the year has always been the most difficult for me.....
Aw, Crystal... don't be so hard on yourself. This is a tough time of year, no warm sun, short days, icky weather. Last night, I allowed myself to cheat a little. I gave myself a double portion of pasta and had some candy and then my skinny cow fudge bar. I find if I incorporate a cheat meal once a week it keeps my sanity in check and then I have motivation to get back on track for the week. It really is okay. In your own time, you will find your way. I find everyone here to be so helpful and motivating and it seems we all struggle to lose. And then we gain again. But slow and steady wins the race, right?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #201  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Lisa! Sorry to hear you were down, but I still enjoyed your rant. I do agree, eating too few calories leads down two roads: 1) you have to continue eating minimal calories to lose or even just to maintain or 2) you gain all the weight back immediately and then some extra due to the metabolism halt. That's why even on my "poor me" days when I want to cut back, I remind myself that it can become a habit and after prolonged restricting, you're pretty screwed for awhile. I know it's hard now, but you are working hard and doing the right things now, and I think that's all that matters The past is the past, forget about it
Crystal, don't beat yourself up. Several months ago I was 125, then too much indiscriminate eating led me back up to 129. A setback is minor. I always put things in perspective and think "what if I had 100 pounds to lose instead of ten?" At least we're not in the overweight category, and the final pounds are always the toughest. Like Lisa said, don't be hard on yourself. You'll get to where you want to be!
Lackadaisy, good luck with the writing! This is my last semester for my Master's too and I am ready to be done and have everything out of the way!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Lisa, believe me, not everybody here is 18. I'm a fellow old lady at 35 (almost 36... yikes, when did that happen?!). I have definite hormonal issues even at this age: more mood swings than I had in my 20s, brain fog, lack of energy sometimes, and a monthly anxiety spell that just messes with me so much that DH can totally, totally tell it's PMS time. I never used to have those problems, but ah well! The joy of aging. I have enough of a sense of humor about it that when I'm starting to get ranty and upset, I'll sometimes actually ask my husband, "Am I PMS-ing?" When he says "Yes," I actually feel better, because then I know it's not really ME, it's just my stupid hormones.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Hi all! I am finally, finally, finally able to comment on this thread. I weighed in at 129 this morning, yip yip! 127 is my old baseline weight, where my adult weight has generally been, so I'll be excited when I move two more pounds to that. Then, onto new territory as I try to drop into the low 20s.

Look forward to learning from and chatting with all of you!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #204  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

my boyfriend decided it would be a good idea to have me go to A Night at the Races charity event with him, AKA full access to a bunch of crap foods. Probably had about seven ketchup-sauced chicken wings. One hot dog, no bun...with a big bowl of chili. And a half slice of pizza. And a bunchhhh of chips and pretzels, that kind of snacking is always my downfall. OH and some reese's pieces but thankfully my boyfriend had most of the box, I think. I also downed like five cans of diet coke. I was good earlier that day however, sort of. three eggs, and a giant salad for lunch.
oh but the day before i had a giant fish fillet where i tried to take off most of the breading, tarter sauce, six shrimp, one slice of bread, some buttered vegetables...wah. and earlier that same day i had some lunch meat and some stuffed eggplant.

OH and last night because i wanted to pull my hair out i had three bowls of cereal, first frosted shredded wheat, some cheap cheerios with a berry blend, and strawberry special K. AND THEN a frosted cinnamon bun.

I feel really really horrible. And all my friends and even my boyfriend just tell me it's okay you're not fat. they don't understand how hard it is to have no self control like that. and how much it hurts.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #205  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Oh inteventionn I know all too well how you're feeling. No one but us notices those few pounds or the "crap, my face is huge today because I ate a lot yesterday" feeling and it is a lonely place.

I should by all rights be posting in the "Get me out of the 130s" thread at the moment but I'm not going to accept it. Hope I'll be back in the 120s by Friday.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #206  

Thanks, Kat! It's good to know someone goes through some wacky hormone stuff, too. I really enjoy the diversity in this group and I guess it's good to know that even though we are different heights, weights, and ages, we all struggle with similar issues. For the record, I ate 7 red swedish fish last night in addition to my skinny cow bar and my almonds. It had to be done.

Sorry if I sounded whiney at all yesterday. That's not usually me. So, I put in my new Zumba dvd (the 20 min express) and shockingly, I followed along without tripping over my own feet. And I liked it and could have easily done 20 more mins!! Yay! Not to mention it kicked my butt and I sweated like a lobster in a pot. However, my fingers today still feel like Snausages! Whatever! Sooner or later I'll get my whoosh, right?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Agggkk, I do stuff like that all the time, intervention! I know how you feel.

In honor of accountability, I am changing my ticker. Weighed in at 125.4 today, and the last several days, too.

Onward and upward! (well, preferably downward).
Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #208  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Interventionn...do I ever know what you're talking about. Been there plenty of times, will be there again!
Lisa, you weren't whiney at all. Everyone needs a vent day!!
Krampus, once again, I know where you're coming from. And I'm a little surprised that you said the thing about your face looking big...that is me! It doesn't matter how slim I get, my face is always round and I swear, after a day of eating crappy, my face is bigger!!
Yesterday I stopped myself in a mid-candy craze. I paused, evaluated the situation, and realized that if I kept going I was going to eat a ton of crap. So I walked away after consuming 300 calories of junk. I don't think I've ever been able to walk away before, so that was new (and good). I still ate too much yesterday overall though, so the battle continues.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #209  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Nice job getting control, pinkrunner!

I'm having trouble sleeping. I haven't even slept 14 hours (total) in the past three days, and that's including a bunch of naps... I don't know what's going on, but I'm worried, because I'm burning out quickly and my thesis is NOT done. I still need my strength.

Weighed in at 121.6 today. Sometimes I'm excited about my progress and other times I'm just tired of how long this is taking... I want to be 110, and have good habits, and not have to worry about every single blasted raisin anymore. I know I haven't been dieting as long as most people on 3FC but even the five weeks I've been doing this feel like ages.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 03-01-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

weighed in at 121.0 today...but I am super stressed about some family issues, which may be keeping me from losing? I haven't eaten much at all the past two days, cause when I get upset I can't eat...
Closed Thread