Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #166  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh and dilyn! 120.8! That's awesome!! I would be dancing around the house if I saw that number!!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

Pinkrunner, way to go on avoiding the sweets! It is so hard. I have a 10 year old so there is always something here tempting me. That's why I am going to give those dark chocolate almonds a shot. I had a skinny cow chocolate truffle bar last night and that really helped. I just have to count it in my calorie range. I am shorter than most of you so I have to keep my calories no more than 1300. Sigh. I just wanted to congratulate you on staying on track. I don't run so I admire you for doing so!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #168  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

pinkrunner, i am always slipping up -- ALWAYS -- but I count it in my range and skip a meal if necessary to stay reasonable on-plan. Or eat less the next day. All my normal "meals" are under 300 calories (salad with 150 cal grilled chicken and 50-100 cal toppings like beans or grains, plus water), so I don't allot snacks but rather 400-600 calories of "cheats" every day... too many of my calories are things I didn't plan to eat but do.

Had the most amazing salad today. Salad greens, cucumber, grilled chicken is my base every day, and today I raided the taco bar section of the dining hall for: salsa, spiced black beans, cilantro, and scallions. Delicious taco toppings for only 100 cal more (mostly the beans) = 280 cal of joy
Old 02-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #169  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

126.8 today! woo. I did weigh an hour earlier than usual, too. But im thrilled. So my efforts are working. I ordered turbo fire and i cant wait to get it in the mail next week!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrunner115 View Post
Oh and dilyn! 120.8! That's awesome!! I would be dancing around the house if I saw that number!!
Thanks, pinkrunner! Although a week ago today I was 119.8...so really want to see that again and keep pushing lower.
And, I hear you on the sweets...candy and cookies, cakes....all my downfalls! Nice job on going without!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley89 View Post
126.8 today! woo. I did weigh an hour earlier than usual, too. But im thrilled. So my efforts are working. I ordered turbo fire and i cant wait to get it in the mail next week!
Nice drop! Way to go!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 129/129/115

Height: 5'4"

I want to join this too!! My goal is 115lbs, I would love love love to be able to reach and maintain that weight. I've been that weight only once before, about 2 years ago and maintained it for a few months. I am currently 129lbs and on a journey to reach 115 by the end of april!!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozz View Post
I want to join this too!! My goal is 115lbs, I would love love love to be able to reach and maintain that weight. I've been that weight only once before, about 2 years ago and maintained it for a few months. I am currently 129lbs and on a journey to reach 115 by the end of april!!
Good luck, Lozz! Let's all help and push each other to achieve those goals!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

OOohhh gosh I feel like I've been trying FOREVER to get out of the 120's! Aaacccckkk.

I always feel better when I read the threads where other shorties talk about how hard it is when you're petite.... I look all sorts of portly because I'm so damn short. Hmph!!

I'm staying focused on my bridesmaid duties in July.... This gives me PLENTY of time to get my act together!!

Love reading all of your methods, ideas, tricks, etc. Keep 'em coming!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #175  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Thanks for all of the encouragement on the sweets free day. Today was a big fail on that front (1.5 doughnuts AND some sour straws. Some=A LOT) but I ran quite a bit as well, so... I'm going to consider today a wash. Maybe I'll do one day off, one day on for sweets. Since I eat them every day, that would at least cut my consumption in half...(I'm really stretching here, ha!).
Lackadaisy, that's actually a really good strategy (meals being really low calorie to allot room for other things). I find that if I'm going to "mess up" for the day, it will be after dinner. I always eat a really good breakfast, lunch is either good or not very much, and then dinner can be hit and miss. But it's AFTER dinner that is the problem. That's when I go candy wild!
Lozz, awesome! We're the same current weight with the same goal weight!
Lisa, I can't imagine what it must be like with a 10 year old. Probably always wants some kind of candy (like I know I did...and still do).
SkinnyJeans, you do have plenty of time before July. Good thing you have a goal! I graduate in May, so I'm hoping to be near my goal by then.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #176  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I think it's time for a sweets moratorium. Today I had 2 pastries, a 593 calorie box of chocolate covered almonds, and 300 calories of cookies. I had normal food too.

Seems like every post I make is about self-sabotage, but that's what I'm all about recently. Injured my foot, probably from wearing crappy shoes, so no running. Feeling a bit stressed out about my relationship. He's perfectly fine but for some reason every time we hang out I am in an inexplicably awful mood that I can't control. He is perfectly mild mannered and has excellent self control and does everything right.

I sort of want to turn off "diet mode" but I can't because I already know how many calories are in everything and I can't not think about it and do the mental math. Intuitive eating isn't really an option because no matter the situation, my fullness meter is broken. My body thinks it should eat about 3000 calories a day, but it shouldn't.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #177  

Krampus, I completely understand...I often feel the same way you do. And our relationship with food is like the "third wheel" in all our other relationships. Like we can't turn the calorie/fat/carb calculator in our brains off. If only we could harness that kind of brain power for good rather than evil! I feel the same way you do about intuitive eating. My "fullness meter" must be broken, too, so that is NOT an option for me.

Pinkrunner, the sweets at night are my downfall. Immediately after dinner, I want something sweet. I fought the urge last night but may need to have a cheat meal today to keep it in check. Also, I am back up to 119.5 so who knows what's happening? I think it is my TOM but since the hysterectomy, it's hard to pinpoint when that really is, but I know it is this week. Ugh. I feel very bloated, so most likely.

SkinnyJeans - we are the same height and have the same goal weight! I really wanted to get down to 110 but since moving out of the 120's is going at the speed of evolution, 115 is more realistic. I have tried to cut carbs (not completely, of course) and that has helped. I increased my fats a bit by adding small amounts of nuts. And I drink a lot of water. You WILL get to goal by the wedding in July.

Lackadaisy - that seems like a strategy most of us can live with. Leave room for what you want/crave so we don't binge. I try to leave room in my calorie allotment at night for the sweet cravings so I can have that skinny cow or couple of pieces of candy. My husband is very into 16 Handles, a new yogurt place near us. At 9 pm, he will get up and announce he is going and ask if we want anything. um...duh. So I try and leave those calories "open" in case he decides to go. The man must consume 4,000 calories a day or more and is shredded. Works out like crazy, but still. He's consuming mass quantities and I have out my pathetic little food scale. Talk about dysfunction, lol!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #178  

I forgot to share this recipe I found on Sparkpeople:
I am not big on complicated recipes, as I like semi-immediate satisfaction so this fit the bill. It also helped with the sweet/carb cravings and was great with a cup of tea.
Preheat oven to 350.
Take one low carb tortilla (I used soy full heart flax, wheat, and soy flat bread type tortilla).
Cut it into eight pieces.
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine 1 tsp cinnamon and 3 packets Splenda.
Place the tortilla pieces on the cookie sheet and spray them with cooking spray, too.
Sprinkle the cinnamon/Splenda mix on the tortilla pieces. They will be covered completely.
Bake in the oven for about 10 mins but mine were almost burning so check on them to make sure they are not.
Seriously, they reminded me of those cinnamon things I used to get at Taco Bell back in the 80's when I was in high school and could eat anything.
The tortilla I use is 90 cals, 3g fat (no sat or trans), 13g carb with 4g fiber, so 9 net carb, and 6 g protein.
Meaning, I ate all 8 "chips" and it was actually a pretty healthy snack for me, especially since my sweet cravings have revved up this week.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm down to 121 this morning and that SHOULD make me feel great, but somehow it doesn't. I feel like I've been overexercising and undereating and just generally making myself feel crummy.

I'm writing this just before lunch right after a really tough back-to-back workout session of weight lifting, aerobics, and tougher-than-usual pilates, so maybe I'm just grumpy.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #180  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

kat, with much envy (I'm stuck at 122.8), I suggest you eat a post-workout bar of some kind. I love Clif & Luna minis, but maybe that little jolt of 100-cal energy is what you need Because... that's awesome -- congrats!
Closed Thread