Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

Hi,
It's been a while since I have posted on 3FC....when I inititally lost my weight, I settled in right around 115 pounds. For some reason...guess I eat too much...the last 6 months I have gotten up to 120-124 and can't seem to get under 120 for anything. I workout almost daily and count calories for the most part, but not religiously.
I weighed 123.2 yesterday and will weigh again tomorrow morning. Could really used some advice and motivation!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #122  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Welcome back, krampus!! Knew it wouldn't be long. It was all water weight after all, right?

I am weighing in at 128 right now (as in, this evening). TOM symptoms are gone (it just ended). I don't think I'm dehydrated -- I've been drinking lots of water. Maybe the TOM whoosh won't be until tomorrow?

I think the only thing I can be happy about wrt weight loss right now is that I used to not have ANY self-control with food in my room -- anything I bought I'd eat immediately, in a completely embarrassing way of excess. We're talking whole loaves of artisanal bread and boxes of Triscuit & etc in days, not just "binging" but also to the exclusion of anything else (though the dining hall is only a 90 second walk away). As of right now I have a gift box of cookies, chips, dried fruit, coffee candy, other thin cookies, rice crackers, and other things I can't even remember stashed in my cupboard 10 feet from where I sit now, and I'm completely nonchalant about it.

Okay, not completely. But I haven't binged yet.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 02-16-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

Thanks so much for your input and allowing me to vent! My husband thinks 1000 calories is low, too. Last night I upped it to 1200. But at my height, in order to lose weight, I really can't go over that amount according to all the experts and the science, etc.

I do think that with the thyroid/hormone issues, I am very sensitive to sugar and carbs so I try and be as low carb as possible without getting headaches and that dizzy/dopey feeling. I also think I need to exercise more and eat a bit more protein. ugh. If I eat any more chicken or turkey I am going to grow feathers!

Thanks again, girls!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #124  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm throwing myself a pity party because I can't seem to get it together with sweets. I burn at least 5,000 calories a week with running and all of my time on the cardio machines at the gym (I usually underestimate as well, just to be on the safe side) but I lose very little. I need to learn to control my sweets eating. I don't have problems eating too much fast food, I don't like chocolate, I'm not big on chips or any of that stuff, but when it comes to things like Skittles, Laffy Taffy, and cupcakes, I just don't make much of an effort to control myself. I also realize that while I'm doing my body good with exercising, I'm doing it harm with the massive amounts of junk and sugar that I eat. I don't want to give them up altogether because I know I'll just end up cracking and eating tons of it later, but I'm really trying to limit myself.

So my goal is to allow myself one pack of candy a day, such as a pack of Starburst or one cupcake or something like that. I have a problem with buying those gigantic bags of Starburst or Jolly Rancher fruit chews and eating them all in a day or two. So my goal is NOT to allow myself to do that. I hope I succeed!

Last edited by pinkrunner115; 02-17-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #125  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Laffy Taffy?! I forgot those existed.

I sort of pretended I was going to cut all sugar out of my diet but I was lying. Planning treats into the day works OK but the feeling of "maaan now that it's gone I just want more" never goes away.

Deeper into the 120s I go. 129 today, if you want to get really technical it was 128.98
Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #126  

Weight yesterday was 121.2...so close, but can't ever seem to break under that magical 120!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #127  
Corporette diet

I'm going semi-low-carb today (under 100g). It's odd to feel satiated because of fats this early in the morning, to be honest -- breakfast was 1.5 oz refried beans, 3 slices turkey, 2 egg whites, 1 slice tomato.

Stable weigh-in, still plateaued at 124.2. This is miserable. When will I finally lose the weight I was supposedly working off last week?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 203/123/124

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
pinkrunner and Crystal -- I don't know if I have your problem because my plateau/regain last week was during the lead-up to my TOM. I've just shed 2 lbs overnight and am back down to where I was before the water retention began (124.0). But that's such an interesting/scary metabolic quirk. Do you find your bodies change overnight or is it just a scale thing?
It *seems* like my body changes overnight, but it takes several days when this happens when everything just rapidly gets looser on me. Then I re-measure with the tape lol
Old 02-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #129  

I remain at 121. Took everyone's advice and ate 1300 calories yesterday. I am still staying away from sugars and white flours and anything that tastes good, apparently! I think I am sensitive to carbs so I am trying to keep them as low as possible. We shall see...Thanks again for the support. It stinks not being able to break out of 120. I swear I would sing and dance if I even saw 119.5 at this point!! Should be interesting next week. I have to go out of town for my husband's grandmother's funeral. She was almost 104 years old! Unbelievable, right? She was amazing and will be missed.

We will be travelling in the car and then eating out for a couple of days and I doubt I will get any exercise in. I really have to be with the family right now and concentrate on them, but I will do my best to stay on track.

Last edited by Lisa1971; 02-18-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #130  
Corporette diet

Can't believe I'm still stuck in the mid-120s. Low-carb day 1 was a success (so far, it's only 10 pm -- but I'm full and hoping not to snack). I'm starting to track it on the daily accountability thread so I won't repeat here -- but I clocked in at 76g net carbs, which is about half of my usual intake, and the usual amount of fiber. Not too bad for day 1.

The ankle is feeling better between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm now -- it's just sore in the mornings and evenings -- so I've been walking around again, thank goodness, but I'm still not working out. This should be stalling my weight loss but that was already stalled , so I guess I'm working on developing good habits with carb cravings. Still waiting for the whoosh!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
Can't believe I'm still stuck in the mid-120s. Low-carb day 1 was a success (so far, it's only 10 pm -- but I'm full and hoping not to snack). I'm starting to track it on the daily accountability thread so I won't repeat here -- but I clocked in at 76g net carbs, which is about half of my usual intake, and the usual amount of fiber. Not too bad for day 1.

The ankle is feeling better between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm now -- it's just sore in the mornings and evenings -- so I've been walking around again, thank goodness, but I'm still not working out. This should be stalling my weight loss but that was already stalled , so I guess I'm working on developing good habits with carb cravings. Still waiting for the whoosh!
Congrats on day 1! Low carb is very hard and you did great. The cravings do subside a bit. I don't crave sugar nearly as much as I used to. Sorry about the ankle. Hope it keeps getting better.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #132  
Corporette diet

Thanks Lisa! It's so surprising that it's... working!

I closed out the day at 1111 calories (so excited about the "perfectness" of that number, haha) and... I actually tried to eat a cookie half an hour ago but didn't want to finish it. Only got half in before I tossed the rest. Now that's unusual for me -- to not be hungry four hours after last having eaten? Looking forward to low(er) carb day 2...
Old 02-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #133  

I weighed in at 119.8 this morning!!! Woo Hoo! I know it is barely below 120, but still counts! The battle will be keeping it under....but it sure feels good right now!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #134  
Corporette diet

Congratulations!! That's amazing -- I hope I'll be joining you there soon - 122.4 this morning

In other news, I was amused-but-also-furious to find out that I've been threatened with legal action by an Amazon seller of hoodia pills because I left feedback that they couldn't actually include hoodia. (SERIOUSLY: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...esnt-work.html)
Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #135  

That is completely insane about the Amazon feedback. There should be some sort of protection by amazon if they are going to encourage users to leave feedback. ugh.

I thought you all might be intrigued by this - last night my husband (a personal trainer), encouraged me to have a cheat meal. I have been extremely strict for over a month now and he knew I was stuck at 121 for quite a while. So, there is a chicken place near me that makes the skinless, fried chicken (no saturated fat but tons of regular fat). I ordered and ate 2 breasts, french fries, and then followed it with one piece of russel stover chocolate from my daughter's valentine box, three jelly fruit slices, and a handful of sour patch watermelon pieces. Dinner was easily 900 to 1000 calories. I clocked in around 1600 for the day. This is much higher than my usual 1100-1200 range. Drank a ton of water. I was wayyyyyy over on carbs, around 220. I usually stay around 100 - 150.

Anyway, I get on the scale this morning and I was 120. Unbelievable! I know there is controversy regarding the cheat meal but I have to say (and I hate to admit this) my husband was right. I needed to change things up a bit so my body would try harder to digest that meal. Or something like that. And I am motivated to get right back on track today. Psychologically, I feel better and much less deprived. I can see how this may not work for everyone, though. This might cause binge behavior or it could backfire, but for me it worked and I will do it again next week. Going to have Moe's with my daughter. She misses eating with me and as long as I plan for it, I am fine with it.

Sorry that was so long. I just thought you guys would like to know, since we are in a different boat than others and it seems we have to kick and fight and scream for every pound lost.
Closed Thread