Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #136  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Lackadaisy, Dilyn, and Lisa, Congrats! That's awesome weight loss!

I haven't stepped on the scale in over a week, and I don't really plan to. I have only worked out for about 3.5 hours this week (usually it's at least 7) so I need to get to the gym and get out running today. I haven't been as terrible with candy lately, but I'm still not doing as well as I want. I think I need some kind of new strategy.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

Today was my big weigh-in, and I was so happy because I was down 1.5 lbs. I will be so ready for my honeymoon! Congrats to all who have lost. Maybe soon we will see each other in the 110's!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I was plateaued again at about 124 (and one day back up to 125 due to TOM) but today I finally made it to 123! Woo!

I'm so tired of plateauing and can't wait until I'm finally in maintenance mode. I just hate feeling like I'm so close but not quite there yet. This has been a really long journey for me (started actively trying to lose back in July), and I'm so ready for it to be over. I know I'll always have to keep watching my weight, working out, and eating right, but the scale drop/plateau/drop/plateau business is beyond boring! Get me into the teens already!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #139  
Getting serious

I hear so often about gains during TOM, and it makes me believe even more than I am backwards! During TOM I usually drop a few pounds and don't have much of an appetite. Does anyone else experience this? Yeah... my body is seriously weird.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

Pinkrunner: I don't get a true TOM any more, as I had an emergency hysterectomy when I had my daughter when I was 29. However, I do experience PMS and all the symptoms. During my "PMS" I have the salt/sugar cravings, but the week after, which would be my "TOM" I am like you. Not much appetite at all. I never weighed myself then, but I will, as now I am curious.

I weighed myself this morning and almost fell on the floor. I hopped on about 5 times to check but it keeps telling me 119.5 I would love to get excited but we all know this could easily be temporary. I had that long stall at 121, so I am hoping this is truly on the move again. If I stall at 119 for a couple of weeks only to lose two pounds again, I'll take it. Maybe this is my body's pattern. Who knows? It's like being a human guinea pig!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

Congrats, Lisa! 119.5 is great...here's to hoping you stay under!!

Unfortunately my 119.8 of Saturday is 120.4 today. I know it is because I ate all kinds of stuff this weekend, including 3 slices of pizza last night. Going to push the water the next couple of days and watch my intake better....
Old 02-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #142  
Getting serious

Lisa and Dilyn,
I still think that regardless of whether the scale goes back up and out of the one teens, you've still accomplished that weight. I always view it like this: even if I weigh in low one day, and the next day it's up a little bit again, I now know that YES, my body can make it that low because I have actually seen that number on the scale. Awhile back when I was down to 125, I could never get past it, and then one day it read 124.3, only to go back up the next day. But it gave me hope!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #143  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

is it too late to join? for about a year i was always 130-135. I started cleaning up my diet by cutting out most grains and sugars and such..i got under 130 and even down to 125. now i fluctuate between 125-127. so, here i am. i am also a binge eater so i hopped on a thread that will encourage me to build up anti-binge days.

i am just so happy i found a place like this though. so many other diet forums include very overweight people and truth is, losing weight is not going to be the same for them. i am not saying it's easier but it just..happens differently. and when i talk to me friends, woof...they just say YOURE CRAZY YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE?! but i think of it as, i don't NEED to lose weight but i just want to look the best i could, and feel the best i could. its also a life-long health commitment i want to make. i don't think of myself on a diet but a new way of life. hopefully!!

sorry for my rant.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #144  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

interventionn, welcome! Of course it's not too late. I think of it this way: many (maybe not the majority, but quite enough) of the very overweight people on 3FC developed their poor habits at my age; they let things spiral out of control without healthy attitudes toward weight loss, and it's important that we develop them here.

I also tend to crash diet (and have in the past), and I do NOT want that to happen this time. Sure I lost 10 lbs in about a month -- or less, to be honest -- but I gained it all back and more within a few more months. This time I'm learning how to eat foods I'll want to eat when I increase my intake, and that feels good to know.

pinkrunner, I know exactly what you mean! I saw 121.6 today and my jaw dropped -- here's the whoosh I'd been waiting for last week -- three days of solid loss. I know that I'll be up again tomorrow or the next day as I start working out again and water retention comes back, but I'm okay with that. It's motivating just to know 119.9 is within sight.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #145  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Whooshed over three pounds overnight, too good to be true but I don't care, I'm walking on unicorns and rainbows today. 126.5 this morning. Yesterday I ate about 1300, low carb at dinner, and ran about 3.5 miles.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #146  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Oh my gosh, krampus, that's ridiculous. So happy for you!!

I forgot today is President's Day in the US and walked to my 7 pm class. The only bright side to this is the extra 30 minutes of 5 MPH walking I'm getting as a result.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #147  

Congrats to everyone on their losses and "wooshes." I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days as I have been off track. We went to New Jersey for the funeral so my eating/drinking/exercising was totally out of whack. I hardly ate anything mostly due to time constraints but I know that lack of eating actually probably caused a gain, so I don't want to weigh in until I'm back on my usual schedule and routine. I ordered the Zumba dvd set and it should be here in the next few days. I can't wait.

Pinkrunner: You are SO right. Even if the scale creeps up a bit, I will remember that at least I know I can get below 120. It's not completely out of reach. Thank you for that. I never thought to look at it that way.

Again, good work ladies! Some of you really kicked it in overdrive these past few days. You are all very motivating and I am blessed to have found you.

I totally agree about others who have more to lose, or just don't understand why we are trying to get out of the 120's. I am only 4 foot 11 so I really am only happy when I am below 120. I would be ok with 115 at this point. People tell me all the time that I look fine and I appreciate that, but I am not comfortable in my own skin at this weight, if that makes any sense. it's great that we can all vent to each other. I think that just because we may not have 50+ pounds to lose, we are still "valid" and our efforts are just as admirable. This is not to say I don't have HUGE admiration for people who DO have 50+ pounds to lose. I was there once. Gained 65 or so with my pregnancy 10 years ago and I lost more than half through diet and exercise. Okay, stepping off my soap box now...lol!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Whooshed over three pounds overnight, too good to be true but I don't care, I'm walking on unicorns and rainbows today. 126.5 this morning. Yesterday I ate about 1300, low carb at dinner, and ran about 3.5 miles.
That's great!!! I'd be walking on unicorns and rainbows, too!! I really think that for me at least, low carb is the way to go. Not crazy low, but low. Congrats again!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #149  
Getting serious

Lisa, I agree that sometimes it's difficult for others to view our weight loss as "valid". I actually don't discuss my weight loss efforts with anyone because I don't receive any support. The few times I attempted to bring it up with a handful of people I got eye rolls and "lose 10 pounds from where?!" type of responses.
You said you don't feel comfortable in the 120s, and I agree with you. 115 is my goal mark, but I would even be satisfied at 118. I'm 5'4" but I have a short torso with longer legs, so I've always felt that I look awkward and even when I'm more on the thin side, the lack of torso makes me look bigger than I actually am (I don't really know how to explain why this is, I probably notice it more because we're all more critical of ourselves).
I'm so thankful that there are people on here that are similar to me, and seeing everyone's weight loss makes me more motivated to stick to eating healthier.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #150  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Went out to dinner and ate a ton of MEAT and veggies - almost no carbs at dinner but high calorie/fat/sodium - 126.3 this morning, just a smidge less than yesterday. I guess that whoosh was real.

Lisa, I am thinking low carb at least for dinner is going to be a key to success. Will keep progress report.
Closed Thread