Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #421  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss View Post
Welcome Kilketay! I'm so sorry about your mother, that must be a terrble thing to go through and I can't imagine how you must feel. Good luck on losing those 20 pounds!!

I weighed 299 pounds 4 years ago, and through healthy eating (including calorie counting and portion control) as well as exercise, I was able to get down to 135. Right now I'm 138 after re-gaining (and losing) about 10 pounds last summer. Working hard to get back to goal, and to maybe even see the 120s. I was always the "bigger" kid in middle school, but not obese. I gained most my weight in late high school, getting up to my biggest size of 299 pounds in college. It wasn't until a road trip that I decided to lose weight, after seeing pictures of me. I couldn't believe that I had gotten so big and I knew I needed to change.
So glad you're here, KissKiss! You have a lot of good advice on your blog. Can't wait to read more of it!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:08 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'2

Hi - I'm Katelin. I'm 15 years old and I struggled with a severe case of binge eating disorder for 3 years. (5th, 6th and 7th grade) I was going through a lot of emotional turmoil and was beginning to see symptoms of my now diagnosed general anxiety disorder and depression. Of course, I had no clue how to deal with that, so I turned to food. I binged in between two and four times a day and all of my binges tended to exceed 1,000 calories. I quickly shot up in weight, and at my heaviest, I was 150 and 4'11, making me ever so slightly obese. (BMI 30.3)
I ended up telling my mom about the binging, (I had been able to easily hide it, because I was on a medication with a side effect of weight gain) and soon thereafter saw a therapist. It took me over a year to stop binging after seeking help, but I am now 3 inches taller, 20 pounds down, and pretty healthy!

Only ten pounds to go for me!
starscollide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:13 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'2

I do now deal with seriously severe body image problems.
starscollide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:39 PM   #424  

Argh, this is so exciting! I'm so frustrated trying to lose the last 5 pounds and I came online looking for a forum where no one would think I was an ******* for wanting to lose 5 pounds and now here we are!

Looking forward to learning from everyone.

I'm 29 now and started out 3 years ago at 154 pounds. Just didn't exercise and ate like total crap - verging on/probably was binge eating disorder. My BMI was 23.7 but I felt sick, looked sick, had no energy and was puffed from walking a short distance. I look at pictures of my face back then and I looked bloated and unwell. Plus I'm bird boned, so it was a lot of weight on me.

Now I'm 124 lbs, and looking to lose the last 5. I'm apple shaped and still have a real spare tyre, which is ridiculous after 30 lbs. I'm working out a lot more (3-4 times a week) and walk everywhere. So I'm slowly getting there.

Weirdly, the first 10 lbs were the hardest. Took SO long after I changed my eating habits to see any real change. I even did a raw vegan 10-day kickstart and lost absolutely nothing, though I felt way better.

Then the next 20 pounds just fell off, it was crazy. And now been sitting here trying to do the last five and it's been a year and it's SO hard. But at least I've (hopefully) created a maintenance lifestyle in the meantime.

Glad to meet everyone ☺
Sumnemo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #425  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Old 05-31-2016, 05:06 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 142/117/112

Height: 5'4" +1/2"

Hi, newbie here!

I'm female, early 30s, in the UK. I used to be super fit and very slim (probably too slim). But after developing fibromyalgia after an accident I lost my military career and very slowly started to gain weight. When my wedding dress wouldn't do up back in september it forced my hand to do something about it (I was 142 lbs).

I've never been 'overweight', my bmi was 24 at my heaviest, but with a measurement around my belly button of 36" and very little muscle I knew I'd probably wind up with diabetes one day if I continued.

I'm now 122 lbs after doing a mixture of the 5:2 diet and intermittent fasting, but my belly has only reduced to 34" so I need to get that down to 31" to be deemed not 'at risk' of other health problems.
atcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 153/143/120

Height: 5'4'

I come from a family of people who struggle with weight. I have been around it my whole life, my mother is a food addict and has tried every fad diet out there, including some very unsafe methods if you ask me. But for me weight was never an issue I have spent most of my life maxing out at 125. Then I had twins and the baby weight just won't go away. I get no support from my family because they have the attitude that if I'm not over 200 pounds I have no room to talk about my weight or dieting or anything, they just say things like, "oh please your tiny" but I'm not tiny, not for me! I want to be my normal size, the size I am comfortable at, the size that all my clothes are. I am still wearing my maternity clothes and my boys will be a year next month!
tinywar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #428  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Glad you're here, tinywar and atcgirl! You both are obviously very determined, and that's half the battle! Thank you for joining us.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 167/144/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Very happy to have found this forum. I have recently (within the last couple of years) lost 40 pounds, got within 3 pounds of my goal weight, and then life happened and I gained back 15. So I'm here hoping to find friendship and motivation to help me re-lose those 15, plus 3.

I've struggled with binge eating my whole life. I was always a chubby kid, then had a huge growth spurt right before high school, so I was rail thin all through high school...then started gaining again in college. It's been an up-and-down roller coaster since then. My recent loss of 40 pounds has been the closest I've ever gotten to a "goal weight" since weight loss became a part of my life. I'm really frustrated at having gained some of it back, but a lot of stress has taken over my life recently. I've begun taking steps to fix that, though (for example, I got a new job which I started last week), and am looking forward to getting my eating back on track as well. For years I didn't think I had it in me to actually lose the weight, but ACTUALLY LOSING THE WEIGHT proved me wrong. So I've had a little setback...I'm not going to let it derail me completely.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
heepwahealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:04 AM   #430  

Default Jumping in!

Hi all,
I'm so glad I found this board. I am 36 y/o, married one year and struggling with weight. I've never really had a weight problem. Most of my 20's I was between 125 - 135 without doing anything. I hit my 30's and the combination of stress, inactivity and probably age (!) hit. I was 136 when I met my husband 3 years ago, 147 when we were married last year, and 157 on my one year anniversary (you can see where I am going with this).

I lost a few lbs before the wedding but never fully committed. Well I've finally had it! I'm committing and I will get back to 135!!!

I have a great trainer and I'm focusing on weight lifting and improving my cardio.

I have to stand up to my European family who keeps telling me "you look fine, just eat this, it won't hurt you" Note: My entire family is morbidly obese and have every health problem you can imagine.

I have to find more physical activities to enjoy with hubby other than drinking wine on the dock.

I'm looking forward to gaining tips from all of you!
Girly_girl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #431  

Hi all! New here - looking to lose 20 lbs to get back to 135, which was my steady weight until 2 years ago (when I met my boyfriend - imagine that!). Any tips on losing relationship weight?
Bloom843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #432  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I think this isn't the exact place I belong, with a few more than 10-15 pounds still to lose, but it seems to be the closest fit I can find. Hopefully it'll have a little action! Nice to see y'all!
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #433  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5 4

Hi everyone. I was working out regularly about 3-4 x week and my wt was 122.
I was trying to drop down to maybe 116ish, but instead over the past 2 years packed on 20 lbs.

You know how it goes- up 3 lbs, not that worried about it.
Up 5 lbs, plan to do better.
Then up 10 lbs, get serious.
Lose 3-4lbs.
Gain it back.
Start over.

Now it’s 20, that’s a big number.
My pants don’t fit. Much of my clothing is too tight or just doesn’t flatter.
I can’t gain any more.
If I stall a bit or it’s slow and steady I’ll be ok with that.

I’ve been pretty sedentary- I work from home now and ended up moving far from my gym- it’s the only place I love so trying to get motivated to start back in feb. I doubt I will renew but have some months left and i continue to pay for this very expensive place. I can supplement by walking and working out on my own- but once the membership ends I will prob just buy class packages- maybe a closer place.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 01-28-2018 at 04:47 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #434  
Keto Gym Rat

S/C/G: 151/126/118

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!!

I am starting my plan to get my azz back in shape today! I used to be in great shape and work out 5 to 6 days a week. I started on a med (2.5 years ago) that took me from 122 to 151. I was so depressed I just gave up. My med has been changed and lowered and I have been able to get down to 132(over the last year). I need to reintroduce the gym to get back down to 122 or 118, which is my goal. I hope you all continue to post in featherweights your daily diet and routine. I am going to cut my carbs, increase my protein and increase my exercise. I primarily weight train with a little cardio and that has worked for me in the past.
midlife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #435  

blooper

Last edited by Pina; 05-10-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Pina is offline   Reply With Quote