Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 09:44 AM   #91  

Default Hi there!

WELCOME JENNIFER- Glad you decided to join us. This is a good place to come to stay focused. You'll be supported while you loose and I am sure will achieve your goal. So post often and let us know what your up to, and how things are going.
Sunny- THANKS ! Yes I made them. That is part of my reaponsibility for the mission's trip is wardrobe and props, it is too much fun, seeing these young people serve the Lord. I'll post some more. Sorry to hear your not feeling better prayers your way that your soon healthy head to toe.
M-Kay- Happy Shopping! That sounds like fun. I agree with sunny I was really happy to see the girl with the piercings and tattoos make it through the obstacle course at least twice with no problem. She seems to be a nice girl hiding behind the armor. I love venison, it is trully a very lean meat, which is great. Now your patties, do mix with beef or ground venison just curious, I have had it both ways but not found a way to keep it from crumbling without beef added as no fat content to hold it together.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #92  

Default Again-

E.Z./Angie-Thanks for the pics the kids are getting big, The new home looks nice We went by train through Washington, the area was beautiful with rivers and mountains. Look forward to seeing more pics as completion is done.
Mitchy- What a huge responsibility answering a crisis line, my hats off to you!Teel- Prayers for healing, hope your ankle is soon feeling better, as well as other health issues.
Hi to everyone else as well here is some more pics leaving for trip, stop off at Krispy Kremes, Kids in Philadelphia by Liberty Bell, different churches.

Last edited by doitforme; 02-25-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #93  

Default some more pics

Some from David and Goliath skit they did . Goliath in a Giants Jesey and David in a little league outfit. Kids at a nursing home. Have an awesome weekend guys!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #94  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Great Pictures, Sue!

Do you work with the same group of kids all the time? They all look so very talented! And you look like you all have a great time together... not to mention that the folks in the home look like they enjoyed singing with the kids... what a gift!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Loves
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #95  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs up Friday

HI GALS

I had to get Angie to send the pictures last night, I tried but just couldn't get them the right size to send---good job Babe

The pictures on REBA and RYLEE are a little deceiving....RYLEE weighs 58 lbs. and REBA weighs 60 lbs. RYLEE is chubbier but actually has a very skinny neck..which obvious doesn't show up in the picture as she is laying down all scrunched up.

I know the house isn't much to look at in this stage...we just wanted to show it so you gals would have an idea on how it looks. As you can see it has a 3 car garage, 2,100 sq. ft. approx living area...it doesn't show well in the pics but the area... center left...by Angie in the back of the house, will be an extended deck and the area, center right...is extended out from the house, the kitchen nook. The home is in a planned community that already has a very nice park, with another one in the beginning stage, and walking trails...we are located on the out skirts of the first section...we picked this lot because we are at the beginning of a cul-de-sac...a big yard, on the left the future home to be built will have it's back yard to us since it faces another street, on our right there will be 3 homes then a vacant area in front of us which will enter the trails and future park area...we will have the morning sun (if it cimes out )in the kitchen, great room and master and guest bedrooms...we will be shaded from the hot afternoon sun in the summer the way the house sits. The house across the street from us is to start building next week and 1 of the lots by us is sold. The pictures make it look a little more desolate than it really is...just to the left and right of the pics there are homes people are living in....

Gotta go...dogs barking..........
Old 02-25-2005, 12:09 PM   #96  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Back....

Those darn girls...

Ok..back to the development...it has 217 acres with 35 open acres..it will have 653 homes when finished, I say right now there are over 100 families now....We are within 2 miles of freeways, Home Depot, Super Wal-Mart, McDonalds and Subway...in other words...civilization

Our house is located in eastern Washington near the Oregon border...it IS NOT PRETTY there!! it is desert but the Columbia River runs through it.

TEEL Take it easy on those kidneys dear! Ouch! on the sprain...they can be worse than breaks at times. Here is some to melt all that snow.

MKAY Great job between you and DH on working things out with no arguing! Have fun junk shopping...if you need more just come by my nephew's bedroom Why are we leaving sunny/warm California for cold/hot Washington? hummm....wish I could answer that...not tooooo smart I guess!! To be on the safe side though..we ARE keeping our home here...if you leave Ca. now...you.. er..WE could NEVER afford to come back!!

SUNNY Our new home is about 2,100 sq. ft., our house here is 1,800 with also a 3 car garage..so the new one is a little bigger..we actually wanted to downsize but it will be OK because it is all one level!! After 26 years in a tri-level...NO STAIRS!! Watched CSI and Survivor..saw the gal on CBS this am. that was kicked off...she said she wasn't ready to go but that she WAS ready...I think what she meant was she was wore out but didn't want to be! She also said that at the fire she was just tired and wanted to sleep, that she wasn't being unsocial...she agrees now that it did look that way. Angie watched ER...I fell asleep during the last half. CSI just keeps getting stranger and gorier...just like all of us have been discussing. Sorry to hear no more Curves...but great job to keep up on the treadmill when you can!

SUE Way cool on the pics. I see Red Lion had a Chaplel? Is that the hotel? As you may have read in my post...we are on the east side of Washington... the west is pretty but we will get cold weather, not much snow, and hot summers. We have to western Washington several times and love to visit. Have a great time with those youth!! OH! you already are

JENNIFER Welcome!

MICHELE Great job on the crisis phone lines. Are your parents holding up in the rain? They are getting a few more inches than we are and we are losing alot of homes down here. I am not in any danger...I HOPE!! we are not near cliffs..HOWEVER only a mile away about 10 homes have been lost due to sliding off their embankment...no insurance to cover this type of thing...they will lose everything...so sad. Any dates this week-end? Enjoy your time off work. How is the new church search going?

WILMA Great job on the exercise. Of course you would be kicked off Marth's show first!! she wouldn't want your competion Don't know if I will watch...I told my wife several years ago..before the prison term...that we should put our money on her...she is ruthless!! and has a knack to make money. How are the wedding plans, apt., job hunts going?

SPROUT Are you busy teaching that puppy tricks? Bet those kids love the new family member. Are you walking?

SAMI Where are you?...BUNNA ?

Well off to do chores...

Later, Gary
Old 02-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #97  

Hi, there, its been a while since I have been able to come on and see how everyone was doing, battled a virus of some type Monday and it really knocked me for a loop. Plus might have something going on with my gall bladder, and that scares me to pieces as I don't really want to have surgery at this weight. I am down a total of 7 pounds now, and i am thrilled. It might not be a lot but it makes me feel better, it could also all be in my mind, but I seem to have more energy, and feel slimmer.Off to my grandaughters "Fun Fair" nite at school, it's always a mad rush of little bodies flying through school trying to get to all the games I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to hold those won goldfish on the way home. If you could , could you remember to keep me and my gall bladder in your prayers, I would really appreciate it. have a great day.
nancy
Old 02-25-2005, 05:39 PM   #98  
Phil 4:8

hi every one,
the sun is finally trying to peak it's little head out. we have had such unusually warm weather. i don't difine it as warm. i have a pink rody that is blooming, i have a ground cover called ca nik nit. i don't know the spelling of it. it's purple and it is blooming, and i have crocuses up. my husband is in the process of building a 14x14 gazibo for me. in the winter we will put the outdoor funriniture in it instead of the garage. leaving more space in the garage. in the summper we will use it for what guest, or a craft area for me.

gary i love the pics of the dogs. are they golden retrivers? my brother-in-law and sister-in-law had four. over the years they have gone due to cancer. they had i belive 1 blonde, the color of yours and 3 reds. they have one red left. it's male and her takes him duck hunting. his name is roudy and he lives up to his name.

sunny how did you like CSI last night? it started out pretty gross again. i thought i was going to have to find something else to watch. survivor was interesting. does any one watch ER? i like how they keep going back and forth last night from one dr. to the other. what do you think is going to become of the two of them?

well need to go my mother is coming over. i need to fix my husband something to eat. he took part of the day off to work on the gazebo.

have a fantastic friday. enjoy your your parteners. if you don't have one. enjoy the time by yourself. treat yourselves well.
kind regards,
mary m
Old 02-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #99  
Quit counting at 45!

I had a nice message typed up yesterday and lost it so here I am again.

It's been an eventful week for me and my family. My son's fiance found an apartment. She moves into it next week sometime. It's a spacious 1 BR and they are so excited about it. Now we have to find them some furniture to go in it. she has most of her kitchen things - just needs a couch and other misc. things. It'll be fun shopping!

Youngest DS has found a job! PTL!! He will be doing telephone tech support. This isn't his career choice but at least he has a job until he decides what it is he is supposed to be doing.

DH has been gone for a week. He came home last evening and left this a.m. again. He drives the winter roads in northern Manitoba. For those of you who don't know what that is I'll try to explain. During the winter the lakes and rivers freeze over and they build roads (ice roads) over these places and through the bush to get to the remote communties. (In summer you would have to fly into these places.) He delivers fuel to these place. They stock up their supplies during the winter because costs are very high to fly it in in the summer. It's a slow tedious drive but the money is good and the season is only approx. 6 weeks. They go back and forth without too much time off because of the short season. I don't mind it because I know it's not a long time.

I've been finishing what I can do in the decorating of our renovation. I still have a few things to get in place but will wait til I see something I really like. The cabinet guy (yes, I'm still waiting for him) told me yesterday that he'll be in next week to finish the job. I can hardly wait to see what it'll look like when it's finished.

I'm still exercising and eating properly. I plan to increase the time I spend walking next week. I look forward to seeing the results.

Well, better get some cleaning done. I just wanted to check in while I had a few minutes.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:24 AM   #100  

Thumbs up *Here's to you BIG GUY*

♪ ♪ TO YOU...
TO YOU...
DEAR GARY/EZ... ...
TO YOUuuuuuuuu!

and many more... ♪ ♪

I hope you have a *WONDERFUL DAY* today!
and
The Bestest year ahead!

Birthday {{{Hugs}}},
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-27-2005, 09:51 AM   #101  

Smile

Gary, I do hope that you have a wonderfully *fun* day today for your birthday... how cool to have your birthday on a Sunday this year. I love it when mine lands on the Lord's Day (even though I am a Friday's child).

As for the pups... I always forget which is which sssssorry 'bout that... I'll try to do better. I like it when people get my boys straight Those pups are sure beautiful!! And very well cared for... so good to see I wish we could have one... but can't where I live

Thanks for taking the time to share about your new home... I have been telling Joe about it and he enjoyed the fact that I had stats to give him You guys... ... It sounds like such a beautiful home and a great new start in a nice community. I myself, love the desert... once you both add your personal touches it will look wonderful! As for upgrading in size... that's okay... you need to plan for the future if you are making this your last move (?) --- future *In-Laws* & *Grandchildren* I love Ranch homes (no stairs!), I am so happy for you both! Are you two planning on staying there into retirement (not making any other moves)? Will Angie get a new teaching job there? And to be only 2 miles away from all those fun stores ~ perfect!

Hi Nancy, Nice to see you back And to hear that you are down 7lbs! Awesome girl! What a great start... keep up the great job!

I am so sorry to hear of your poor health I am dealing with some health issues myself right now. You shudda seen what I had to drink this morning Yuuucckkkk!! You know I have to be desperate to be trying all these green drinks Anyway, I do hope that you are well on the way to mending... you may want to rethink going to the Dr. for your Gall Bladder, maybe he can recommend you to a nutritionist to help you? Sometimes when people diet and skip meals (not a good thing to do-skipping meals) they begin to have gall bladder problems, because the stomach begins to produce more acids... I hope that's not what's going on with you If you don't want to go to the Dr. Maybe check out the web site WebMD (just google it)... you may be able to get some good advice there Feel Better... {{{Hugs & prayers}}} for you

Hi Mary (craftymom), Yes! *CSI* was gross but I still enjoy the show quite allot. As for *ER* it was really good! I liked the way that they drew in the two areas (the War & the ER) and showing you that there wasn't much of a difference in what they did... and that soon the couple will see one another again --- Great show!

So how far has your hubby gotten on building your gazebo? As for your unusually warm weather... I'd take it in a heartbeat & so would my hubby. He comes home everyday lately complaining about the lack of sunshine and the cold here. Your gardens sound so lovely... I cannot wait to see our flowers come up this Spring. I can't wait for Spring!

Hi Wilma, Sounds like life is treating you well Bummer, isn't it... when you get a nice letter typed up and lose it. Glad to see you gave it another go

Yeah wonderful to hear that your son's fiance found an apartment... are you shopping with her to fill the place? Oh what fun!!! *Linens N Things*... here they come Also happy to hear that DS got a job

I didn't know what your DH did for work... I am glad you explained it to us, thanks! Do you ever worry about him when he's gone for so long? I would be worried sick I'm afraid... but you probably have grown use to what he has to do, huh.

When you get that kitchen finished up --- will you share some pictures with us? I sure would like to see

*~*~*

I wasn't able to go to church this morning... I really miss going!!!
I'm still homebound with these new drinks (need that bathroom - I know - too much information ). But according to the book my body should adjust in 3 to 7 days

*Wishing everyone else a Blessed Sunday!*
Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-27-2005, 10:59 PM   #102  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Sunday Night

THANK YOU DONNA!!! YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!

Had a great #51....Went to my daughter's tennis match yesterday and she had a package for me...a new college (dad) shirt and sticker for my truck...I collect college shirts of my kid's schools...I didn't have a sticker yet for my new truck...I gave my old truck to my ex. and she got my "dad" sticker in the back window.

Went to church today...Costco...drug store...then saw a little NASCAR...my neice was there as a "Pepsi" model for the race (near us..kinda...about 75 miles away). Ron came home from his mom's so we mowed and whacked the yard. Typical birthday for me Angie made salmon, rice and peas...using a glaze for the fish from a recipe I borrowed (OK!! stole) from a magazine...an old one!!...at the heart doctor for my nephew last week. Very good and easy...

1 Tbs dark brown sugar
1 tsp dijon
1 tsp soy sauce
half tsp ground ginger

mix ingredients....make slits in salmon fillets...brush over salmon...broil about 5 minutes.

Well Angie wants me up in our room...she has a small container of icing....I don't eat cake....

Have a great week ladies...Gary
Old 02-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #103  

A quick pop in today to share some news with you all....IT HAS NOT SNOWED YET TODAY!!!! In fact the sun is shining out there and it seems to be a lovely sunny day....but freezing cold!!

Gary I hope you had a great day to remember your birthday celebrations yesterday Did "the girls" get any of the birthday eateries so they could join in the fun?

Sunny so sorry to hear that you still are not feeling too well. Perhaps with some signs of spring things might improve. Prayers for you, my dear.

Hi to Nancy. I hope thaty your gall bladder troubles get sorted without too much ado. I have heard that a well followwed low fat diet does wonders for this complaint...only a suggestion.

Wilma..great news about the ds's new job. Hooray!! And goood news too about the other ds's fiance finding an appartment. Hooray for that too!

Hello and hugs to everyone else!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #104  

Default Monday Morning

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd pop in while I'm just sitting coloring my hair at home today. Did I say at home? Yup, I sure did. DH spent all weekend at the hospital with a multiple-fractured heel from falling 15 ft off a ladder Friday afternoon. The pain was so intense, he spent time in the hospital trying to deal with pain management. He has quite a high threshold but this threw him for a loop. I have to go get him today at 10:00.

Needless to say...I didn't junk shop saturday. I did however, spend my time at home because he hadn't been sleeping so once they really drugged him up, I was hoping he'd sleep. Not the case until Sunday a.m. he slept for a small bit. I was up to see him after church yesterday and stayed for over 3 hrs.

Last night he said they gave him Vicodin HP and it seemed to be alright. Once he was taking oral meds only, they said he could come home. Boy oh boy, will I have my hands full. And...no work...no income from DH. I will have to penny pinch for a bit.

Anyway, I did read all the posts but there are so many...

EZ...Happy B-day.
Sunny...CSI and Survivor were good.

All...later
Old 02-28-2005, 08:59 AM   #105  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Happy Birthday Gary!! I know these greetings are late but the wishes still mean the same. It sounds like you had a great BD anyway.

mkay: I'll be praying for your situation. I sure hope DH gets better soon.

teel: great to hear from you. It's cold here too. I am so looking forward to spring.

Sunny: My DH isn't always gone like this. Just during the month they can do these roads. Usually he's home every other night and always home on weekends. He's been doing this so long that I don't worry about him. He is in God's hands and I need to trust HIM to keep DH safe.

Did you notice my weight loss? I weighed in yesterday and to my surprise I showed 3 lbs gone. I guess a little exercise does help. It sure has given me incentive to keep going. I didn't exercise much over the weekend but got up early this a.m. and did some again. Feels great.
Closed Thread