Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 08:56 AM   #31  

Default Hi!

What a beautiful sunny day outside. I am off today last day off till next wed. I am going grocery shopping and then home to see my niece cheer.
Marny- welcome, it is nice to see a picture of you and your beautiful little angel. Hope to see you hang out and post and let us know how your doing. There is alot of support here and friendly people. Sprout- some more cute pics, the pup is tiny taking up only half a box. Keep posting so we can see her grow. Catch ya all later. See ya!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #32  

Sprout those pictures of Koko are truly lovely. She is so tiny!! It's difficult to remember Holly being THAT tiny!

Its another grey horrible day here today... But I decided to join in with the overall feeling of wet and went swimming with my support worker. I managed 10 lengths and then we sat in the spa pool for a while. It was gorgeously hot but now I am really tired having used some muscles that haven't see the light of day for a good while!!

Hope everyone is doing well.
God Bless
love from Sheila
Old 02-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #33  

Default Helleeeeewwww!

Hi everyone!

Marny- What angels...both of you. Calilfornia...warm...breezy...take me away.

Teel- Grey Days here too. It started out a little blue but it changed back to cloudy grey. Or is it gray. Anywho...it's good that you got out to swim but just as good that you are back and resting. I hope all is going well with you. Hey, the sun just popped! I'm ok with it though because March 10 I leave for sunny Florida for 5 days. My sister lives there. We'll drywall and beach it and shop at Steinmart of course.

Sprout- Your pup is an absolute lamb. I would love to cuddle with it. It's hard to snuggle/cuddle with an 85 lb dog. However, I do get huge kisses all the time.

Holiday for me on monday...no work...all play! Yippee!

Well everyone...I will be lurking this weekend I'm sure...\

I wonder what happened to Bunna!
Old 02-18-2005, 12:21 PM   #34  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi

Didn't go to work yesterday, was feeling sick. Kind of flu like, although i think i'm letting stress get to me too.

I was down Wed. on WI, not much .6 of a lb. but that's ok, i'll still take it. I go tonight too, we'll see. My feeling bad yesterday didn't seem to affect my appetite.

Love the pics of Koko!! I'm glad photobucket is working for you. There is probably an easier way (Sunny can explain) but it works for me.

Feeling down again. Have to find a good home church. I haven't been going. I don't like my church that i belong too, the one I do Alpha at. The only thing i like about it is Alpha. I really need to find one. That's my goal this weekend, to get my booty in church.

Mkay~enjoy your holiday, you lucky girl. I'll be slaving away at work...

Teel/Sheila~So happy to hear from you. I love the things you say, it's so apparent that you are English/British...sorry, don't mean to insult you, i know that some consider themselves one or the other.

Marny~Welcome!! The pic of you and DD is adorable!! i'm glad you've joined us.

Gary~Re: the Vikings getting a new owner. All i know is now they are talking out the potential new owners false resume. I really don't care who owns them, but I hope they stay in MN. About the whole stadium controversy, i think the owners and players should have to pay for it. They have the money and that's how they make money and we pay too much already for tickets... Another reason i don't like organized sports...
Old 02-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #35  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Chuckle Chuckle

*How Do You Spell Love*

A Guy goes to the gates of heaven where he meets Saint Peter.

Saint Peter says to him, "God has looked at your book of life and
you are welcome into Heaven under one condition.” The man askes, "What is that?" St. Peter says, "You must spell the word 'Love'."

So, he does and St. Peter lets him into heaven. As he walks through the pearly gates, Saint Peter's beeper goes off. St. Peter asks the man to watch the gate until he returns, and reminds him that he must ask whoever comes to the gate to spell the word 'Love'.

Next thing you know, the man’s wife shows up at the gate. He asks her, "what are you doing here!?" She says, "on the way home from your funeral, there was a terrible car accident and I died." The husband says, “Okay, but before you can get into heaven, you do have to spell one word.”

She asks, "Sure, what’s the word?" He says...

"Spell Czechoslovakia"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-18-2005 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #36  

Default Good One

Very good Sunny...and I LOVE the peace dove avatar.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #37  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

That is cute Sunny....I could have used that for Alpha!
Old 02-18-2005, 05:09 PM   #38  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tgif

HI GALS

Checking in now, just in case I can't before Angie and I head off to the airport at 4:30am tomorrow. I won't be back until late Tuesday...so prayers for all your concerns while I am away.

SUNNYD ....funny joke. What did ya think of SURVIVOR?

MKAY You do know I am a professional drywall finisher don't you? Too bad i am not heading to FLA. anytime soon...er...ever

MICHELE Really! What is with that guy? Says he played in the NFL.. just training camp...Played in the CFL.. Got a business degree... ...and played in LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES... ...go figure huh, all those lies and he is STILL a millionaire...guess dishonesty does pay...

SUE Enjoy the and the

TEEL Great job on the exercise in the pool! Keep going forward dear..I know it's hard!

SPROUT PROUD MOM.. ...cute puppy.

SAMI How tanned are ya gonna get before you come back?

BUNNA Missing you too.

WILMA Will you be staring on Martha's new show?

MARNY Welcome.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:31 PM   #39  

Smile

Hi Gary, *Survivor* I am so glad it's back on!! I missed it... What did you think of the way they changed *Survivor*?? I thought they made it very interesting!!! Didn't you?!? Voting off 3 people right off the bat like that... I was glad to see Wanda the singer get voted off, she was rather annoying... nice person I am sure, but very annoying

And *CSI-Vegas* Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! The whole concept of that show was rather sick, wasn't it? I didn't even know that fantasies like that existed and I think I could have gone my whole life without knowing that Why do I watch it? Cuz it's a good show! I like the interaction between the characters and the way they find out the answers. Even next week looks like they will be getting into allot of the "Vegas" lives - gross! I just may have to rethink my watching it if they continue with this line of stories... The rhino & elephant story in last weeks show bothered me allot!!!! I adore animals and hate to see any form of cruelty!!

*American Idol* The little country girl I picked in the beginning is still in the last 24 and the *Clay* look-alike blonde spiked hair guy with glasses is too. I will get their names down when I see it again next week. This is my favorite part when the good singers a remaining and you get to hear them by themselves.

Have a good trip you two and
TAKE ALLOT of PICTURES for us!!

Hi Teel, It's good to see you again... I think you will like the pool exercise allot and it will really help you I think. Water is so healing.

Hi Sue, Enjoy the sunshine while you can I know that I do "when" it shines here. Did you do anything special today or just chillin'?

Hi Sprout, I love all the pictures of your new little furry family member !!! Keep them coming

Hi Michele, I hope that you aren't coming down with the flu!! Sometimes I feel like you described when I get real tired... maybe it's just that you need some rest?! You have been very busy these days. Glad you enjoyed the joke

Hi MKay, Yeah, I thought the joke was cute when I got it in my e-mail today... just had to post it here How have you been lately? Making jewelry? I watched a show on DIY where they make jewelry today - it is quite intricate. My niece made me a bracelet for my birthday that I just LOVE! She did a great job on it --- it's pink and lavender, so pretty! I think you would like her work. I'll post a picture of it later for you, okay.

Thanx! I found that graphic and loved it too... just had to make it my avatar

Hi Marny, *Welcome* to our corner of the world! Enjoyed your picture of you and your little girl. Thanks for sharing it! I enjoy it when people post pictures... thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, it's always nice

I wish we had your weather!! We went from 60* on Tuesday to 18* today and have gotten about 6 inches of snow in the last two days... Spring cannot get here too soon for me!

Hi Wilma, -29*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that 18* was cold this morning! You can keep those temps to yourself... thank-you

Hi Sami, I am with Gary... are you stuck inside one of those tanning beds???? Come back soon. Hope you are still doing well

Bunna, are you so busy that you have forgotten us here? We all miss you! Do come back soon!!!

*~*~*

It's time for me to go watch some TV with my hubby...
Take Care Gang!
Luvs,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #40  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEY SUNNY-- I'm with you on the shows...I think they feel they have to keep "upping the ante" to keep us interested....I used to love ALIAS, then it just got way too involved...I quit watching...they say they tried to do away with all the sub-plots because they did lose watchers...I just haven't cared to watch it again...and I do think Jennifer Garner is so cute too!
I saw CBS this am. with the SURVIVORS...they said it was edited to make it look like the one gal just sang all the time...doesn't matter now for her though does it?
Off to pack....
Old 02-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #41  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~I didn't realize that it was the Survivor opening. I get totally sucked in to those shows. I wish i had watched it. I don't watch CSI very often b/c the gross part really gets to me, otherwise i find it fascinating. And something always seems to be going on and i miss 1/s of American Idol, i can't keep up. I know the country girl you are talking about and glad to know she made it in the top 24. I'll have to try and watch it from here, i really enjoy that show. But i really like it after they find the top 24, the other stuff is kind of funny, kind of sad...

I'm don't think i got the flu, but i haven't been feeling good and i still struggle getting to bed at a decent hour and therefore am always really tired. Saw last night this sleep expert who said that ANYONE who is losing weight should add as part of their plan to get atleast 7-8 hours of sleep. It helps with weightloss. So that's my goal this week, to be lights out by 10 pm, starting on Sunday night. Sat. are my day to stay up rather late.

Have to call my mom and see how they are doing in the rain, they are having flooded freeways and streets and they said this a.m. that they are having to knock down blocks on retaining walls to let the water flow. My mom does live on a hill so i'm concerned.

Spose i should get to work...
Old 02-19-2005, 11:29 AM   #42  

Smile

*Morning Everyone!*
Just thought I look at the day a bit differently today

Checking in... while sipping my green tea

Michele, *Survivor*: each New season they will rerun the show on the weekend... maybe take a look see in your local paper or TV Guide to see if they have. Allot happened in the first episode too.

I'm glad to hear it's not the flu... from what you have described I bet you are just not getting nearly enough rest! I know that's what happens to my Joe too --- he doesn't get nearly the sleep he needs for the amount of energy he puts out during the day. And like your friend said, with the program you are doing you do need that rest... we all do!

Yes, I saw that they are getting allot of rain (on the weather channel)... hope that your mom is okay!

*Have a Great Day ALL!*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #43  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi!

I too am a big fan of CSI (all of them!!), Survivor and American Idol. We also have a Canadian Idol that runs after American Idol is finished. I was a bit disturbed over the CSI show last week. They must be getting desperate for storylines. Does such a thing exist? And if it does how sad.

Survivor was interesting also. I guess they have to shake things up a bit so people don't get tired of watching.

Today, I have a busy agenda. I get my hair cut (finally) and then take my son and his fiance to look at an apartment. Then my new DIL and I are going to go shopping to get ideas for decorations, etc. for the wedding. I think I'll make taco casserole for supper. Easy and fast and yummy.

Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #44  

Default Hi there-

Wilma- hope you have a good time shopping- that part is always fun.
Sheila- Good job working out swimming, proves you can make fun no matter what the weather.
M-Kay- Have a good time on your day of r & r
Mitchy- prayers your soon feeling your own self and that your able to find a new home church. It is important to find one that your comfortable in, my church family is so important to me.
Sunny- Loved the joke so cute- I got to go home and watch my niece cheer for 2 games, then I spent the night with mom and dad and visited and that was really nice. Always nice to see family. Now off to work until Wed.
E.Z.- hope you have a great time this weekend, thanks for the Sun it is still shinning- not warm out but looks toasty anyway.
I love CSI- but this last one really was bizarre I hope thats not going to continue or I am with sunny- have to re-think watching.
I must have pulled a muscle on the treadmill yesterday, my quad is so sore, I can hardly walk, I have been walking for about over a month now every morning and have only missed a couple times. I don't know what the problem is, but hope its better by tom. Don't want to miss it again. WI today will let you know hope to see another drop. Have an awesome weekend. Won't post tom. have church then right off to work. See ya.

Last edited by doitforme; 02-19-2005 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #45  

Default Devotional for Dieters February 19, 2005

February 19

Revelation 3:21
'To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.'

The ultimate goal of our Christian walk is to be like Jesus. The ultimate goal of our diet is to be trimmer and more fit. Both goals require great discipline and commitment. Both goals carry valuable rewards with them. It makes sense to combine the goals whenever we can. If we will diet prayerfully, constantly relying on Jesus Christ for comfort and strength, then we will please the Lord and lose weight at the same time. With Christ we become overcomers, and we are promised that we will share in Christ's reward in our heavenly home!
Today's thought: I cannot be beaten, as long as Christ is on my side!
Closed Thread