Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 07:03 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #192 ♥

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Old 10-29-2004, 07:13 AM   #2  

Smile Link to Last Thread...

HERE IS A LINK FOR THE LAST THREAD
to CATCH UP WITH POSTS UNREAD

CLICK ON LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post703909

<><
Old 10-29-2004, 09:23 AM   #3  

Smile

*Love One Another...*

My boys... Guido & Zeppe

A very Good Friday Morning CER's!

*~*~*

First off... *Welcome* to you Dying2lose ~ I too recommend you go back and read in the last thread (Christian Encouragers #191) and some of the last few pages of posts There are some great steps there that MKay posted and could help you! Also... it's helpful to read back and get to know some of us on this thread. Then you will see that we do offer prayers and support here

You mentioned you run a Day Care... so does my sister. I don't think there's anything wrong in running a Day Care at all --- those are children you can witness God's Love to by showing them understanding, guidance & compassion. They may not be getting it from their parents and so God has given them YOU My sister also watches 7 children and loves them as if they were her own. She too believes that parents are so very important and does not agree with *Day Care* (she tells me all the time that the parents are too quick in dropping off their kids... even when they are ill ) but they still need a safe place to fall... why not let it be in your home if that's what you enjoy doing?

I am so sorry that you have such a poor self image... have you ever heard that people treat you in the way you think of yourself? Well, it is so very true. If you do not think well of the person you are or the body God gave you it comes through and others react. No matter your size if you say *hello* with confidence, head held high & shoulders back looking people in their eyes (and not at their feet) you will see a big difference in how they react to you. As for what they say about you or your weight or your looks... well that's where God comes in! He will deal with their faults... your plate is full enough, just be you... do what you can do. I think the images of today's *perfect body* that is always put out in the shows and media is sad (even your avatar is unrealistic )... it gives too many the impression that we are to meet up to those standards to be accepted. SO UNTRUE! God made us all different and we should love the person God has created. Now, I am not saying to sit and do nothing It's very important to take care of the body... it is written in the scriptures to "Use your bodies for God's Glory"

I believe in 1 Corinthians Chapter 3 Verse 16-17 (NIV) it is written:
"You should know that you yourselves are God's Temple. God's Spirit lives in you. If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him, because God's temple is Holy. YOU YOURSELVES ARE GOD'S TEMPLE."

And that leads me to your answer Sarah-Rachelle ~ Tattoo's are not good no matter the image. Here is another scripture for you that may help you gain perspective

In 1 Corinthians Chapter 6 Verse 19-20 (NIV):
"You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. You do not own yourselves. You were bought by God for a price. So honor God with your bodies."

How was your date with hubby last night? I am sure that you had a wonderful evening together. I love hearing that you are feeling so much better about who you are. God does not make junk

Hope these scriptures help you both

Michele ~ I am so glad that what we had to say really touched you as well. I think that's what we are all about here - supporting one another and doing our very best to help each other, especially when we are not able to move on *out of the rut* we find ourselves in sometimes. It really helps to get someone else's perspective, doesn't it

I am so happy to see that you are feeling well enough for exercise and some household chores... good for you Michele!!!!

I will be praying for you and Doug come the 12th of November weekend

MKay ~ I am so very happy for you in getting through a day without sugar or junk food! The first day for me is easier then the 3rd or 4th day --- I am thinking of you, Mary! You WILL do it!!!

As for your father... I will keep him in prayer that the clots clear up and soon he will be home again. How old is your DF? I think under the circumstances you reacted very well! Good job my Dear friend

I must agree with Michele... you are funny!!! When my hubby read your post (in quote below) last night he broke out in laughter at your sense of humor in the midst of your woe's.

Quote:
After yesterday's ultimately lousy day, I decided that TODAY was going to me my day of transformation. I will be honest and tell you that I ended Wednesday with tons of sugar and with a pity party (no one wanted to come but me).
I think a good sense of humor is what can get us through the hardships of life... use it often

Sprout ~ How wonderful to see you posting! I WILL definitely be keeping your DS in prayer... sometimes they do well outside of their home environment and then when they come home - soon after - old habits return... I will pray that they don't! I am so glad to hear that he is doing so much better. What a relief that must be for you

I will go to your nephew's site the first chance I get, okay

Teel ~ I just LOVE, Love, Love your little stories!!! Thanks so much for taking to time to share them with us Now you know why your little *Holly* couldn't wait to go outdoors on garbage (bin) days So cute!!!

Wishing you Luck with posting images, graphics or pictures... I am looking forward to seeing them. If you need anymore help at all just PM me and I will do what I can to lend a helping hand, okay

*~*~*

Well, I really must be going, I have to get my walk in for the day and stop in on a few more threads today

*God Bless all you Dear People
and
all you lurkers and MIA's too *

(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-29-2004, 09:39 AM   #4  

Smile Posting Sprouts Site Again

A repeat post for Sprout:

I just wanted to be sure you all got a chance to see Sprouts nephew's site...

Don't foeget that if you leave a message in his guestbook ~ tell him that
Aunt Marilyn sent ya

SITE---> http://www.petersoberlak.com/

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-29-2004, 10:06 AM   #5  

Default Good Mornin Friends!

Sprout- Went to the site...great site BUT our IT at work wouldn't let me sign the guestbook. I'll do it from home.

Me, humor? My "new" sister in Christ, Jackie (the oldest of us girls) and I have formed a wonderful relationship with each other. She can really joke about her "junk" in life and it's really brought us closer. We don't mean to joke viciously, just light and easy and to be quite honest...funny. AND...probably quite natural if everyone in this world really admitted that they have goofy thoughts about your own situations. It stays between her and I and we also have become accountable when dealing with situations (such as DF) to keep our cool and to know that "we" do NOT have to be the sibling in control...there's plenty of us. Example of a situation: Last night DS (one of many who isn't real fond of my DH) said something and my DH who deals with situations with some humor said something in a way that "should" have been taken as being "light." BUT she looked at him as if to say...Hey, this is a sad and serious situation." I think of it as...if you're at peace with a situation, then that's ok not to dwell on the sadness and oh, I "Have" to be sad because this situation tells me too. Anyway, I guess we all deal in different ways.

Sunny- I LOVED how you explained about how you address yourself and how you think of yourself and greet people. I WILL use that in my new transformation. People do tend to treat me as sorta on the flighty side of life. Oh well...I'm ok and that's that!

Not sure about the walking thread. I'm enjoying this one so much right now and I don't want to get overwhelmed (I tend to do that and not too good at multi-tasking). I just may ck it out though. Your words to the newcomers are so wonderful. You should be a counselor or pastor or mentor to women/couples. Thank you!

Kylesmom- You live in Texas...right? It's warm down there...right? Hey, I'll come and babysit. Take you time...take a few days...it takes that long for someone like me to get a nice tan. Really, I hope you had fun.

Well, have to go and finish running meeting packets to mail out today...

Hugs and I will keep you posted on DF.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Hi Sprout ~ I just went to your nephews site and love his music... I grew up with country music and I think he has a great sound! I want to get one of his CD's, but would like my hubby to hear it first

Thanks for sharing his site wih us! I signed his guestbook too... telling him that A. Marilyn sent me

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #7  

Smile

*~*~*

Thanks MKay ~ You are very kind for saying that, but I think I just speak from the heart of my convictions and beliefs. I too have been through allot in my life and feel that I could have allowed the devil to devour me if not for my faith in God. At one time in my 20's I almost felt like I had! It was a very bad time of life for me. Anyway, I feel that God has given me a wonderful life now, why sit in *what has passed* or in a puddle of *what could have been's* when I can be happy in the moment I am in now, by learning from my passed. I have to remind myself each day when I begin... to live in today - the now - so that I am able to be the best person I can be for God, myself and then for others. That's why I always come off as if I am *happy* to many... I'm not always happy, but I still feel the *Joy in my heart for the Lord* and what He has brought me though my life thus far. I am grateful today for the sufferings of my passed, because they have made me a better person today for GOD, a more understanding person. I find that by human nature most people do not totally grasp what others suffer till they have been there too. Not that you understand *that person's* suffering, but you are able to relate better to them because you have been there. Life is not without trials... it's what we do with them that matters

*Blessings to you*
You will have another successful day
(Baby steps - one moment at a time)
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-29-2004, 11:21 AM   #8  

I've been too! To Peter's site and listened to a couple of the sample tracks. They are very good...I wrote in the guest book "Auntie Marylin sent me!" I hope she has warned him of all these impending "hits" or he will be mightily confused to see all these women popping in suddenly! I am not too much of a country music lover, but I especially liked the one Your Secrets Safe With Me.

I am not a happy bunny today. I got on the scales and saw to my horror that I have gained 4 lbs. I had been on a losing streak before the crash! I really don't understand why I have such difficulty in doing this task. I KNOW I don't get half enough excercise and don't always eat as healthy as I should, but I don't eat chocolate or deserts or as a general rule, takeaways or pastries! I think I am just such a loser at this one thing I know I need to do, for the sake of my health as much as anything else. I DID lose 31lb once but last year I gained 16 of these back on 'cos of a drug I was taking for pain relief. Now I just feel hopeless and helpless and like a fat beached whale. My family's attitude doesn't help. When I see the parents (they live 60miles away) father is always going on about how much weight I have gained since he last saw me, and they are always totally embarressing in the local carvery we eat at. At this carvery you go up and the restaurantour gives you your choice of meat and you help yourself to veggies. Mum insisted I went first so "if I had more on my plate than she thought I should, then she would "help herself!" from it!" The poor man had put one slice of roast beef on my plate and was cutting a second when dad chirps up and says "OH, DEAR (name of wife) don't you think DD has enough on her plate?" and even when I had sat at the table he added " Goodness me, I thought you were keeping an eye on her plate? Look how much she has piled on it?". I wanted to tip the entire plate over his head. You'd think, with that onslaught, that I would make sure I was a stick insect by their next visit...but no. I am feeling just as much as a beached whale as ever. I Hate the way I look. I feel as if I have always had a weight problem, even when I was at primary school I was conscious of being "chubby". I am so conscious of eating out in public 'cos I feel as though everyone is looking at me and pointing at my plate and counting the chips (when I have them!) or sniggering and thinking "she should be having a plate of salad, she's fat enough already!"
Ohhhhh sorry. I didn't mean for all that to come tumbling out. Please forgive the downward tumble but I am too fed up today. I am feeling very tired and in fact went back to bed to sleep for an hour and a half just after lunch.
I am going out to church this evening to see a pianist/ singer/evangelist in concert. Our church has invited Graham Hepburn to come and do a concert. I hear he is very good althoug I had actually never heard of him before now! Friends of mine have seen him before and say he is excellant. However, don't sit on the front row, 'cos you are likely to be picked on! When they went, he chose someone out of the audience to hit a gong everytime he nodded his head in a particular piece of music! I know I would just expire with embarressment! I know I am a musician and have played in many a concert on my violin or sung but that sort of public appearance is rather different! I shall let you know how it went tomorrow.

Sunny that is a wonderful picture of Guido and Zeppe. They really look like they are having a cuddle! And thank you for your great words of wisdom and the Bible Quotes! You are very gifted, as Mkay says, in your approach to people's woes and problems on this thread. Perhaps you should become a minister or a counsellor...but please don't leave us! We need you here!!

I rather like the TickerFactory slides! I have made one up but don't know how to get it from their pages to this! Gosh I am so ignorant about IT!! Amazing I am here at all, at all!!! Any words of wisdom would be greatly received.

Last edited by teel; 10-29-2004 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #9  

Default Here Again Before I Leave Work.

Teel- I'm so very sorry about the "crap" you get from DM and DF. I would NEVER to that to anyone. You can come live with me and we could do this thing together. Do me one thing...do NOT take what they are doing personally. They may not know better, but you do. God loves you for who you are. When they do that and the hurt starts...just say a quick note to God by saying..."see how they are hurting me...it's hurting You too...forgive them Father, for they know NOT what they are doing." Just talk to Jesus when they do that. I have to do that when DH get on me for stupid stuff and hurtful stuff. I just have been running to him...to Daddy! It does help. I will think of you today and know that a prayer is on its way.

Sunny- See? You are good for us.

I will see it I can attach either a document/prayer or I just may have to type it in. It's long, so I apologize but it's worth it my sweet sweet friends.

Gotta Jet...
Old 10-29-2004, 01:25 PM   #10  

Exclamation Don't Forget... this Saturday night...

Old 10-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #11  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh Sunny, that pic of Guido & Zeppe is priceless! You should print that out and use it in your card making. You could have a whole line of Guido & Zeppe cards with those two! It's so cute how their paws are overlapping. Thank you too sweets for starting a new thread.

My chiropractor's front girl said this a.m. that i look like i've lost weight....I was like....."Really????".....I haven't gotten on a scale because i'm so disgusted but it made me feel good. It's either that i have lost or i just look happier. There's a lot going on with Doug, i am so happy about him, but afraid to think it's real, i just know we have to meet in person and see what happens. Sunny, thanks for the prayers re: our weekend. I so want it to go well, because i think so much of him as a man and great father.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:27 PM   #12  

Default Another good day

Things seem to be looking up - am feeling so good that son is returning home - but a bit worried that things might slip back - but with the Lord's help this won't happen - we all have had to make some changes - and hopefully we won't see to much of attitude or disobedience.

Sunny - thanks for taking a look at my nephews site (www.petersoberlak.com) - we his family are very proud of him. If you are interested in purchasing it keep checking back on the site as he will have it set up to do so. He is going to be getting it played here on the radio stations and hopefully it will take off from there.

Really have to get at this weight problem - just watched Dr. Phil and it got me to think again

Have gotten out my walking tapes and have looked at them - have the videos all rewound but have not used them yet Need to actually put it on and do the workout. Plan is to start using then each day and to make sure I get in my 8 glasses of water. And from there it will be to make sure I get in the veggs and so on. But doing it in baby steps.

Well, family calling - they are hungry and feel that I should cook for them - wonder where they would get the impression that I cook for them
Old 10-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #13  
to a thinner me!!!

Hello everyone. Sorry it's been a while since I've been back. I've been very busy starting a new playgroup. I also found out a few days ago that I am pregnant with baby #4.

Teel ~ So glad to hear that lump on your neck was just a cyst.

Wilma ~ Sorry to hear you've been feeling blue. I hope you feel better soon.

Kylesmommy ~ Welcome

Heather ~ Welcome. I'm so happy to hear your doing well after your kidney transplant.

Dying2Lose ~ Welcome.

SunnyD ~ As always ... I love reading your posts.

My husband just got home. I didn't expect him home this early. It's not even 5 o'clock yet. Guess my time online has been cut short. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Halloween.

Last edited by on_my_weigh; 10-29-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #14  

Default Sunny - -

Sunny I was meaning to ask you - how do you get your 'boys' to pose so well - they are always in such cute positions.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:43 PM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

On my weigh! Woohoo!!! Congratulations on baby#4!! That is so exciting. How are you feeling?
Closed Thread