Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 09:05 AM   #61  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

You should see it outside today. There is frost on all the trees and bushes. It's a winter wonderland!! Too bad I'm looking forward to spring. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show you how pretty it is.

I have exercised for 3 days now and can feel it in my muscles. It feels good to finally be doing something about this last 20-30 lbs that's hanging around. Why does it take me so long to get going?

We had a great time at dinner last night. I ordered an oriental noodle, veggies and chicken dish. Delicious. I took half of it home with me so I get more tonight. I'll stir fry some more veggies to go with it.

mkay: Losing 1 lb. is great. As long as it's going down and not up it's a victory. Keep up the good work.

doitforme: Way to go on the 2 lbs. You guys are all giving me incentive to keep going.

Michele: It sounds like the Lord is doing a great work in you. Praise Him!!

Have a great day!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:57 AM   #62  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Mkay~I think you are right, the is working on me, and what is weird, i didn't see your email yesterday? I saw the one before and after, but the post about him getting to me was not there? Anyway, you are right, i do deserve healing and i have to keep looking toward the Lord. I had many temptations yesterday.....OH, btw, i'm very proud of you and your efforts for that 1 lb, so should you sweets! Just the fact that you've given up sweets/sugar is a huge accomplishment too.

I ended up going home and going to bed, it would not go away. I took a pain pill and went to bed. It's better this a.m. but it kind of feels like a hangover.

Sue~woohoo on the 2 lbs!

Sunny~???? Where are you sweets? Gary, Bunna, Teel, please come back
Old 02-23-2005, 10:03 AM   #63  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Mkay~I think you are right, the is working on me, and what is weird, i didn't see your email yesterday? I saw the one before and after, but the post about him getting to me was not there? Anyway, you are right, i do deserve healing and i have to keep looking toward the Lord. I had many temptations yesterday.....OH, btw, i'm very proud of you and your efforts for that 1 lb, so should you sweets! Just the fact that you've given up sweets/sugar is a huge accomplishment too.

I ended up going home and going to bed, it would not go away. I took a pain pill and went to bed. It's better this a.m. but it kind of feels like a hangover.

Sue~woohoo on the 2 lbs!

Sunny~???? Where are you sweets? Gary, Bunna, Teel, please come back
Old 02-23-2005, 01:03 PM   #64  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Hi everyone... Joe & I got some really sad news this morning... a dear friend of ours passed on last night She has been suffering for quite some time now with cancer. We will miss her so very much Sherry use to play piano for us at our church till she became very ill... I really have missed her calming nature and her smile. She never complained about a thing. Please keep her husband, Jim, in your prayers. Joe is taking off work on Friday to direct the choir at her funeral service... so sad...

*~*~*

Hi MKay, for the Daily Confessions! I have gone and checked it out a few times... so I decided to print it up to keep.

Good for you--- no sugars for you either? I am so happy to know that I am not alone in this... it isn't easy to do, but so well worth it.

Here is a picture of the bracelet that my niece made me for my birthday... isn't it pretty? I just love it and wear it all the time now, it goes with everything. What do you think of it? Isn't that clasp cool?

As for *CSI* (Thursday nights) it is in Vegas... I don't think that the writers had to think too hard for that plot unfortunately or any of the future plots I don't care to know about, but I still keep watching...

Hi Mary (craftymom), glad you enjoyed a little laughter... it always makes the day a bit brighter doesn't it

WooHoo in losing another 4 lbs!!!

Not me... haven't budged Gonna just keep trying... I know that I am not walking enough right now. I am ashamed to even post on my walking thread and haven't lately. It is so hard to get back into it right now --- I haven't been feeling very well these days (again). Been dealing with some pain (on & off) in my right side for about three weeks now Enough of that stuff... I'll live

Oh my gosh Sprout... I am so very proud of you too!!! You are doing so well - losing another pound... you are doing it!!! Yeah!!!

I am so very happy for you and your family... enjoy that puppy!! That's what God gave them to us for... unconditional love, companionship & enjoyment. Keep those pictures coming

Michele... what can I say about you girly... ... ... you are doing so wonderful!!!!

I only wish I could get my weight to move again... I have gone off of sugars and have been watching, but have done poorly with my daily routine of exercise. I know that's where I am going wrong It has been so difficult with my tummy hurting again. I have been reading a new book in hopes that it may help me, but he calls for such expensive foods and vitamins. I am just looking into it right now & doing allot of note-taking --- the book is titled *Patient, Heal Thyself*. The one program I began months ago (& mentioned to Gary for his DD) has really helped me allot, but I want to feel WELL again and not just get by... so I keep on searching.

I do hope that you feel better real soon... keep up the great job of losing girl... you should be holding your head up high

Teel, I hope that you are doing okay... you have been on my mind allot, therefore in my prayers often. Be well

Hi Wilma, You joining the *No Sugar* gang?? How did you do at the farewell dinner? Did you Fair Well?

We had a day like that yesterday... all the snow we got was so wet that it all stuck to the branches of the tree's --- really very beautiful!! I too have gotten to the point where I long for some warmer sunny days... many here are! I am sure you are hearing it there too! We are a bit warmer then you all - 30* today with bit's of sunlight trying to come through the clouds.

Hi Sue, you lost 2 lbs!!!! Okay... now I am getting really jealous of all you gals dropping weight and I am just sitting here... I best get my butt-ox on the T-Mill, huuh

Okay Gary & Angie... where are those pictures??? I hope that all went well with the house

*~*~*

Later people...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-23-2005, 01:33 PM   #65  

Question By-the-way...

What did you all think of *American Idol* last two nights??

I really enjoyed that one guy Bo Bice... but then I thought they were all pretty good. I think that their songs were all what are considered "safe songs", like the judges said, and most were... I also enjoyed Anthony Fedorov (the trake kid - blonde with glasses) & I thought the Jazz guy (the last guy - I think his name was Mario Vazquez) was pretty good too... it's gonna be real tough!!!

The girls... I think they will be easier to weed out. I LOVE that country girl!! Her name is Carrie Underwood --- I think she will make it into the final 2 (I hope!) If not... I think that someone will pick her up, she is just too good! The other gal I really enjoyed is that last one who sang, her name is Aloha Mischeaux. The other gal I am watching, but didn't like her song last night is the 16 year old, Mikalah Gordon... she's usually pretty good, but I didn't like her choice of song last night. I hope (in a way) she doesn't make it "just yet", she is so young to go into that business. It really changes them...
Old 02-23-2005, 01:39 PM   #66  

Default Wed After Lunch

Well...I went to the little fitness center, and I mean little and rode and walked...I FEEL WONDERFUL. I keep waiting for the "sugar drop" blues but as long as I have my FF/SF pudding and fudgsicle, I'll be ok.

EZ...It's been more than a month and DH and I have not had an argument...Praising God! Everyday! Lovin the Lord!

Michele...Hi girly girl...how's the headache? Satan is such a booger. We're breakin his bondage RIGHT NOW! I still did not get your pendant. I'm excited because I went to H. Lobby's 40% off sale and bought some fun thing to do it with. Now...do you want a double around the neck like the picture of the cross one? OR do you want something else? How long would you like the pendant to hang? upper chest line or bust line?

Sunny...The bracelet is beautiful. Be careful of the clasp...sometimes the rod part falls through the hole. And pink...your color my dear. I did not get any cravings for anything today. Tonight is Wild Wed at church and it's a meal before bible study. Since I can't control what's being served, I will have to do my other option...portion control.

Wilma...Good for you on the exercise...I'm hoping to follow in those steps of yours. I'll bet the frost is awesome. A few years ago when DH and I went to AR at Christmas and we ran into the great ice storm. We were stranded for 2 nights in a grocery store parking lot and then at the bottom of the mountain off the highway. Anyway...the ice was awesome...I do have pics to post if I think of it. The ice destroyed thousands of treetops but it was beauty. I guess, just because something is beautiful does not mean it's always good.

Well my fine friends...I'm gonna jet and get my one last letter typed and a file cleaned out and organized and then find something else to do here today. Hugs and more hugs to all of you.

PS 15 day and counting...(FL)
Old 02-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #67  

Oh my goodness Sunny...Psalm 91...are the verses I've passed along last week to friends/family. You are awesome!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #68  

Hi MKay, I knew you would like the bracelet I love the pink and lavender too.

Psalm 91: 6-11 was given to me many years ago in prayer when I was too afraid to do anything... not long after, I got involved in a performing arts ministry God is so Good

I am so thrilled to hear that you and hubby are doing so much better, Mary... you are sure giving a good go It takes work to make a good marriage... and the first place to go is yourself and you are doing that *Continued Prayers* for you both.

Wishing you well tonight, although... I don't think you need it. You are doing so awesome!!

Hi Angie-Wangie, I went back and searched you out to see if you are still posting... I just wanted you to know that I just LOVED that picture of you with your ferrets in your personal profile... you are one beautiful lady! Come back a post here again soon, okay. You are doing so well with your weight-loss!! Only 18 lbs. to your goal, awesome!

On-my-weigh, you are due with your baby in July aren't you? How are you doing? I miss hearing about your family and your pregnancy. Come back and post soon You don't have to be on a diet to post here

And you Bunna... lurking and not stopping in to post... (shame on you ) yes... I just was checking up on you & others missing for awhile Hope you are doing okay and will drop us a line soon, letting us all know how you are doing. We do miss you!

Later...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #69  

Default Hi there!

M-Kay- AWESOME DOWN 1 LB every lb counts. I really enjoy my treadmill, I walk every morning or try to. Won't be long and you'll be Florida bound.
Wilma- Your dinner sounds yummy- good job exercisingMitchy- Thanks Sorry you were plagued with a headache hope your soon feeling good, stand strong against the adversarySunny- Prayers for you and the family of your friend it is hard loosing someone that you get close to, also prayers for feeling renewed and full of energy with no pain. You brighten our day everyday with your radiance. I am doing great I have youth group tonight and that is always fun so gotta run. Sue
Old 02-23-2005, 05:13 PM   #70  

Smile Hi again...

I forgot to mention that the writer of *Patient, Heal Thyself* is Christian and believes in eating only the foods mentioned in scriptures... "God's Garden" I do hope that once I begin to change over I become well enough to do more and feel life's energy again. I am so tired of feeling tired. Right now I am looking into the foods and vitamins he mentions... they look costly. I'll keep you all informed...

Thank-you so much Sue, I know that you will hold our friends in prayer and that you will hold me in prayer... I so appreciate them.

Have fun at youth group

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-23-2005, 05:33 PM   #71  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny, sorry i didn't mention it earlier, but i am so sorry about your friend. Prayers for you all and her family.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:35 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile I'm Baaaack

HI GALS

First of all PRAYERS for your dear friend's family and you and Joe, Donna.

Well gals, Angie and I made it back safe and sound (?)...pretty sure I'm not ever sound! The hardest part of the trip...other than spending $$$$ was the flight from San Fransisco to San Diego....BUMPY!!! with all the rain and thunderstorms down the California coast...we left Washington at 3pm and got home on schedule at 11pm...midnight before we got HOME!! We had a layover in Seattle and San Fran....now that I think about it..the hardest part of the trip was the drive home...the freeway had a bunch of flooded spots.

Angie had a candle party after work and is still gone...sooo...no pictures tonight. Not much to see yet on the house, the framing is finished...roof on..and electrical went in today...we are still 2 months away from completion. I will be going up in a couple of weeks for the drywall.

We.. hahahahah ...ANGIE...picked the colors of walls, the flooring...wood, vinyl and carpet, door and cabinet handles, cabinet finishes, plumbing and electrical fixtures. We...there I go again...Angie added a couple of decks out the kitchen nook and the guest bedroom... I added a concrete run down one side of the house to the back yard...Angie said I could have that so I could get the lawn mower into the backyard from the garage...she said she is TIRED of mowing our grass....actually she never complains about it, she enjoys it...but lately Ron and I have done it. Angie did quit mowing the front for awhile..we have a 2 foot block wall she had to lift the mower over...I had to make a pass through for her.

I tried and tried to find a section where I could crate the dogs when it was too hot or cold in the garage at night....tried to get half of one closet...nope! tried to get a cubby hole in our bedroom...nope! She finally agreed they could sleep in the laundry room if needed. She is just sooo sweet

When we finished business and were back at the hotel I asked..."Did I get anything I wanted?"...she just laughed and said..."Nope! but you got me!"...

Well, I will try to catch up and get with everyone this week-end...CONGRATS on the LOSES to all of you...LOOOOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
Old 02-23-2005, 10:37 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OH I ALMOST FORGOT...I got a major award (Christmas story fans) today in the mail...a certificate for making 2 GALLONS on my blood donations...so glad to be able to!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:44 AM   #74  

Default Hi!

E.Z. so glad you made it back safely been thinking of all the bad weather out there, and you guys must be pretty close. Pray God watches over you and yours . Great job on donating blood, it is a precious commodity that is always in need. The house sounds like it is coming along nicely. It must be so exciting.
[COLOR=Orange]Sunny- Thanks ! I did enjoy my youth group it is amazing to see kids with so much talent.[/COLOR
M-Kay forgot to mention, so glad things are going so well, it gets back to God is so good, to me!
Gotta go bowling then off to work!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #75  

Default me again-

I am going to try to attach a couple pictures from last years ministry trip. My nephew is closest in pic. the blond.
Closed Thread