Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 04:52 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #195 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-27-2005, 05:04 PM   #2  

Smile

Guess what I spent the day doing today gang? Believe it or not --- (drum roll, please ) I have finally taken down all our Christmas decorations We enjoyed the lights and decorations so much during this gloomy winter weather neither of us wanted them down. But today, for some reason - maybe the sunshine - I decided it was time to take them down. I haven't gotten them all put away yet, will finish that tomorrow. It's nice to have everything back to normal again

Have a good one...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #3  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Aw Sunny, you are so good!!! Thanks for keeping us organized and in line. And thanks too for your well wishes. That graphic is adorable. Aw.......no more Christmas at your house? Do you decorate for Valentine's Sunny? I'm not exactly looking forward to another Valentine's being alone, but it's OK too.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #4  

Smile

Nope Michele... I don't decorated for Valentine's Day. I decorated for Autumn/Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter - that's enough for me I do enjoy all the Valentine's decorations, cards & colors, but never decorated. Being it's my birthday month I usually get pink flowers from Joe to enjoy for the month. And my mother & father always send me heart gifts. When I was a kid my mom always made me the most beautiful heart cakes! I miss those! Joe is taking the day off on my birthday this year - don't know what we'll be doing yet, something fun! I hope we have a sunny day, but I usually get a storm Speaking of Joe... he's home, time to go

Thanks for the PM's
{{{Hugs}}}

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 01-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #5  

Default Christian new to 3fc

this is great I am a christian and I love that I found other christians to encourage and to get encoraged by christians.

I'm Kati I have 4 kiddos (obviously- nuttymomof4) I'm in Alabama and I'm trying to lose some poundage . I'm turning 30 in a couple of months.

I can't top meet y'all.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #6  

Default The eeeeeeveeeeeniiiinnngggg.

Welcome nuttymomof4...Whew...better you than me. I just turned 49 in Sept so you have tons more energy than I do to take care of kids. Oh, I have a doggy.

Mitchy...Please don't feel wierd about valentines day. We don't do anything special on that day...it's just another day in the year...another 24 hours of which 14 to 15 hours are awake and then it's nighty night time and presto chango...Feb. 15th. Done and over! Got the necklace. Those are opal crystals and I've wanted to order some because they are so beautiful. The black bicone ones are crystals as well. I will work on it pronto.

Sunny...my fake poinsettias are still above my cupboards...I don't want to get a chair and climb up to get them plus, I have to find a place to store them. I'll "let" Gary do it when he gets home...if he ever does. I still don't know when to expect him. Now that's what I call "doin your own thing." Yes, I'm being sarcastic or did that sound resentful. Sorry. pmsing.

My stomach is still feeling upset today. Yuk. I think I will sit and turn the TV on and knit or I should say try to knit my scarf.

Well, hugs to you all and catch ya later...
Old 01-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #7  

Smile

Good evening folks...
There's nothing on TV tonight, bummer --- usually Thursday nights are my fav. and everything is in repeats tonight So I thought I'd check out the forum and see what's happening here. Looks like we have someone new joining us

*~*~*

A big warm *Welcome* to you nuttymom!
I agree with MKay... sounds like you have your hands full!! You gotta come back soon and tell us a bit about yourself. When is your birthday?

Me ~ I'm SunnyD (also known as Donna) married to Joe this coming June 21st as long as you have been alive *30 years* and we have 3 furry kids (3 male cats that think they are people). I think you will enjoy this thread allot - I found it almost two years ago (this coming Aug.) and haven't left yet Great people here!

Hey there MKay, I got everything taken down and thought I got it all and my hubby comes home and tells me that the front door is still decorated Woops Guess I'll take that down tomorrow... no biggie, I haven't put anything away yet.

That's okay... you are allowed to pms just as long as it passes and doesn't stick I DO hope that your tummy feels better tomorrow

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-27-2005, 10:48 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEY GALS

Gonna be quick, just checking in. Made taco casserole for dinner, made extra for leftovers and GUESS WHAT (nah! we still have leftovers--'cause I make plenty) my daughter shows up from college and my neice comes by---a great surprise for dinner...PLUS!!! I am strutting my stuff after hearing "OH, Gosh daddy this is soooo good! I miss this so much at school"...wait there's more..."Wow Uncle Gary, I didn't know you could cook so good!"..braggin',braggin'braggin' keep those doggys....ya gotta be old to catch this joke.

Well...another call from one of nephews teachers today...going to give him an F and kick him out of class if he continues to disrupt...says he is an excellent academic student but his...are you ready for this?...his MOUTH won't stop!! Same old story..different teacher--different day...man oh man I am running out of things to take away!!

Gotta go....Angie just got home from soccer.......bye til later

Gary
Old 01-28-2005, 05:16 AM   #9  

Smile Gooooood Morning Everyone!

Good grief Gary, What are you gonna do now about DN? It sounds like he has a problems calming down - have you reduced his *sugar* intake? Sometimes kids do react to it in the way you are describing... or maybe too much caffeine (pop)? I do hope that you will be able to figure out what is happening and help him. Maybe it's for attention...no? How old is he now, Gary? Is he having problems of being accepted in school by his piers and you maybe don't know? Sometimes these kids act up to hide that sort of thing... just a thought. I wish I could help more, but in the meantime... you have my *prayers* as to what to do next.

I think it's great that your DD & DNiece enjoyed your cooking! Not a surprise though it's wonderful that you make dinners for the family. Joe & I sure enjoyed that recipe you gave us the other day!! I finally made it last night (had to go buy some of the ingred. I didn't have) and boy-o-boy was it ever good!!! And so simple to make... love simple. A KEEPER!! Joe said he couldn't remember ever having hominy and he really enjoyed the meal & he asked me to thank you also as he made 'yummy sounds' the whole meal and even went back for seconds I had all the breast meat left from the chicken I made up, so it was perfect! I served it with some fresh baked round bread with that crunchy crust. Thank-you again for the recipe! What type of casserole did you make last night? I always could use a fresh idea

Give Angie my best, would you

*~*~*

*Have a GREAT FRIDAY everyone!*
*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-28-2005 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #10  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Not much new is happening around here. I got the painting finished. YES!! I just have a few touch ups to do and maybe a decorative feature in the kitchen. Last night I hung a few pictures back on the wall and they look great. I'll try to finish that tonight. The cabinet guy should be coming next week and I'm excited to see what he'll be doing next. I still have things stacked in my bedroom that needs to go into the cabinets. I want my bedroom back!

Eating wise I'm doing better. I think I've lost a lb. I found a Prevention magazine that has a 21 day fitness program in it that I'd like to try. It has strength exercises plus walking so it should be really good. It also has great advice on healthy eating.

It's so nice to "see new faces" here. A big welcome to you. This is a great place for encouragement in every area of your life be it weight loss or the day to day struggles we face.

Great job on the weight loss Michele. You're doing great. My DH and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day either. He's so busy this time of year and I really don't mind.

Well, better get going to work. Talk to you soon!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #11  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

MKay, glad you got the necklace. You got the seperate black beads in the envelope too? Isn't that a pretty necklace? I wore my bracelet today and it's 7.5 in. from clasp to clasp and I think i need it a little bigger for my mom's bracelet. Is an inch too much bigger?

WI tonight after work. Thinking good thoughts.

Went to a volunteer potluck last night, knew i'd be late, so i ate really quick at home, but that was a good decision for me, or else i might have gone OP. I'm learning.......slowly but surely.

What's the plan for the weekend guys? Any fun stuff? What's a goal we can do for the weekend? My goal is that i'm going to do my complete circuit at home this weekend.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:09 PM   #12  

Default 1:04 p.m.

Hello!

Michelle- Hmmm...didn't see little black beads but I will look. Probably 8" is good. We should "do something" this weekend. How about some sort of walking either via video or outside (eek).

Wilma- I glad things are progressing to the end in the kitchen. I would like to see the article in Prevention. I'd love to do a "program" of some sort. The SBD I'm struggling with. I could do portion control and not too much starch.
Perhaps I will pick up the magazine this weekend and look into it more.

Sunny- Boy oh boy, were you up early today.

On extreme makeover last night they had people that lost gobs of inches in like 3 weeks. Now, they worked out 3 times a day...is that real? NOT...what is going to happen to them once they get back to real life...jobs, kids, spouses, etc.

Lunch is over...bye
Old 01-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #13  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay, the little black beads were sent in another separate envelope. She forgot to put them in the blue envelope. If it's not there, it should be soon.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:55 PM   #14  

Smile

Yes MKay, I was up very early this morning I have been doing that the last couple days... maybe it's because I don't want to miss one moment of SUNSHINE I don't really know why I'm awake, but I just thought that while I was up I'd stop in.

I saw that makeover show last night too! What a difference in her!! Allot of it is her diet too, MKay... that's what Michael Thurmond was saying. But they do workout allot more then I would ever do!!! 30 - 35 min a day is more then enough for me What a change in her body though, huh. I only wish!

Are you doing anything special this weekend?

Michele, I think Joe & I are meeting our friends as usual on Saturday morning and then we'll head out to a Target --- I need to get some new storage bins to store all our Christmas decorations in, the box we have had for years is giving way As far as exercise --- don't know yet what I will be doing... my exercise over the weekends is just to keep up with JOE

Sounds like you made a very wise decision to eat before you went to the party... I do that too. Especially for wedding receptions... being that most don't serve till after 7 or 7:30 (sometimes allot later). I just make my dinner at the regular time and then just have some protein at the reception and lots of dancing and water. Wishing you *loss* tonight at your weigh-in

Wilma, Painting? YUK! I hate to paint, but love the results, sounds like your place is coming along nicely... I am very happy for you. I cannot wait to see some pictures of your renovated kitchen!

I saw that in Prevention too --- looks like a great program.

*~*~*

Later gang...
My Guido cat is howling at my closed office door right now & driving me nuts! (just like a child to bother you when you are busy )
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wilma, I'll come paint for you! I love to paint!
Closed Thread